Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo

Zico and Rap Monster Immortalized in Korean Hip Hop Book

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
42 replies to this topic

#1 Orangey

Orangey

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,421 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 08:43 PM

:hehe:

42 Korean hip hop artists will be featured in Hiphophada Vol 1 and 2.

CoTJTsUVMAE9OhM.jpg

CoTrJsYVUAExx4z.jpg

Zico

13827186_296265150722505_480824371_n.jpg

Rap Monster excerpt from book

CoTL0HPUkAAFUOu.jpg

Btw, any thoughts, opinions on Rap Monster's words?

#2 RYUZAKI

RYUZAKI

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,775 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 08:55 PM

He deserves it.

Both of them. Good job

#3 Stepkdramafan226

Stepkdramafan226

BTS PR Team ♥

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,016 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 08:58 PM

Nice  :ahmagah:

#4 jooyoungsbae

jooyoungsbae

♔jooyoung's publicist♔

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,675 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 08:59 PM

but...simon d is where... D: master of riding beats...and p-type...sighs...

#5 peppermint

peppermint

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 09:00 PM

The list is amazing. Congratulations to both and the rest!  :ahmagah:

#6 Aliens-United

Aliens-United

⌜Giant-Killer⌟

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,966 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 09:05 PM

Heck yeah! They both deserve it.

#7 so far away

so far away

Dream, Reality

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 09:08 PM

Sigh

Yesssss to rapmonnieeee :ahmagah:

#8 piccolo's girlfriend

piccolo's girlfriend

sandwich me between all my alien boys

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 09:16 PM

oh my God I'm so proud!!! he has struggled a long time with being an idol and making hip hop so the fact that he's been acknowledged this way... OTL

#9 Suga's GF

Suga's GF

the character in taehyung x yoongi poly fics

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 09:18 PM

im... not gonna say anything but ... kinda feel like someone just as good as both of them ... is left out ... and it's annoying ... hmm ...

#10 Serendipity

Serendipity

☆ ARMYDILLO ☆

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 09:21 PM

Oooo wow. Congrats to everyone~ Do you know more about what the book is, exactly?

And yeah, I like when Rapmon talks about his perspective on hip hop, and reflects on how it fits into his own life and dreams--and the varieties of challenges that come with that (internal ones like addressing one's own ignorance, and external ones like idol prejudice). I go back to one of his past interviews from time to time, and I like how he expresses his thoughts so that I can feel his passion and respect for this music. So if there's more from him that I can read, I'm excited for it!  :ohbi:

#11 ASS

ASS

#1 UNG STAN ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,175 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 09:22 PM

congrats to everyone~

#12 peachtea

peachtea

☆ ʏ ᴜ ᴛ ᴏ ᴅ ᴀ ☆

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 09:31 PM

They both deserve it~! So proud of Namjoon.

But what about Verbal Jint and SsamD? :(

#13 Akpheart

Akpheart

🎧

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,100 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 09:42 PM

Really proud and happy for him. I think what he said is pretty much aligned with how he always talks about his career. I think it's been hard for him to define his passion and career in the past--something I relate to--but he's so smart and self-aware that he's figured it out. I'm sure it's an ongoing struggle, but he doesn't let anyone else define him so he has the freedom to express himself. He's taking the best from the hip hop and idol worlds and is forging his own path alongside Bangtan.

im... not gonna say anything but ... kinda feel like someone just as good as both of them ... is left out ... and it's annoying ... hmm ...

Suga isn't there yet, but he could be eventually. We'll see how his mixtape is received. Just be happy for Joon--recognition for him is recognition for BTS.

Oooo wow. Congrats to everyone~ Do you know more about what the book is, exactly?

And yeah, I like when Rapmon talks about his perspective on hip hop, and reflects on how it fits into his own life and dreams--and the varieties of challenges that come with that (internal ones like addressing one's own ignorance, and external ones like idol prejudice). I go back to one of his past interviews from time to time, and I like how he expresses his thoughts so that I can feel his passion and respect for this music. So if there's more from him that I can read, I'm excited for it!  :ohbi:

Thanks for the link. I hadn't seen that interview yet for some reason. 

#14 LUKΞWΔRM

LUKΞWΔRM

無常

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,171 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 09:51 PM

when i first saw this on instagram, i was like ohmygosh rap mon  :shock:

congrats to rap mon -- glad his talent and rap skills are being recognized  :datass:

zico was expected -- even if you don't like him as a person, you really can't deny his skills as a rapper and producer 

#15 PossiblyMaybe

PossiblyMaybe

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,570 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:03 PM

I'm happy RM was featured. Can't wait for the rest of his section to be translated.

I have a feeling there might be more volumes. There's quite a few peeps that were left out. And it'd be nice to see some more female MCs featured as well.

#16 Orangey

Orangey

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,421 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:11 PM

The book contains autobiographies + interviews for the rappers. Not every rapper is going to be in the book, only the ones who agreed to tell their story.

For Zico, he talks about his childhood, how he started rapping and his future aspirations as a producer.

#17 diminie

diminie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,993 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:14 PM

I'm really proud of him. He deserves this and so much more. 

#RapMonsterProtectionSquad2k16

#18 satoori

satoori

BTS PR Team

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,747 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:23 PM (Edited by satoori, 26 July 2016 - 10:23 PM.)

:ahmagah:  :ahmagah:

Suga time will come. Rapmon's mixtape brought him so much recognition in Korea, I'm sure Suga's mixtape will do the same!

#19 JungkookThunderThighs

JungkookThunderThighs

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,267 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:28 PM

yay! if this book is in english, i'd buy it.. wait, or is there an english version?

#20 Suga's GF

Suga's GF

the character in taehyung x yoongi poly fics

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:30 PM

:ahmagah:  :ahmagah:

Suga time will come. Rapmon's mixtape brought him so much recognition in Korea, I'm sure Suga's mixtape will do the same!

Really proud and happy for him. I think what he said is pretty much aligned with how he always talks about his career. I think it's been hard for him to define his passion and career in the past--something I relate to--but he's so smart and self-aware that he's figured it out. I'm sure it's an ongoing struggle, but he doesn't let anyone else define him so he has the freedom to express himself. He's taking the best from the hip hop and idol worlds and is forging his own path alongside Bangtan.

Suga isn't there yet, but he could be eventually. We'll see how his mixtape is received. Just be happy for Joon--recognition for him is recognition for BTS.

Thanks for the link. I hadn't seen that interview yet for some reason. 

i hope so to both of these statements >:^( they're both so fucking talented but sometimes i kind of feel like non-fans only give rap mon the credit. it just gets frustrating as a yoongi stan and an army in general.

Up, Up and Away!