Photo

Woman is overwhelmed with harassment while playing pokemon Go, writes article.

pokemon go feminism

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#21 Юлия

Юлия

Царица

• PipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 05:31 PM

it does look like she's over exaggerating it a bit but y'all exposing yourselves as misogynists saying dumb shit like

Those 'nerds' are probably the ones who know and have loved pokemon more than you have ever loved anything apart from yourself.

because it's not possible for Pokemon to have been part of a girl's childhood too right? And that she just wants to play it in peace without a bunch of creeps bothering her despite her being visibly uncomfortable? All women playing Pokemon GO just do it for attention right? Y'all have issues get yourself checked.

#22 Aearom

Aearom

♚ Jaeholic ♚

• PipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 05:43 PM

because it's not possible for Pokemon to have been part of a girl's childhood too right? And that she just wants to play it in peace without a bunch of creeps bothering her despite her being visibly uncomfortable? All women playing Pokemon GO just do it for attention right? Y'all have issues get yourself checked.

Oh shut up and stop being dumb. I am also a woman playing Pokemon Go. Of course it is possible for women to love Pokemon too but she is calling out nerds and insulting them and women can also be 'these nerds' which I guess I am. She is disrespectful and full of shit just like you.

#23 Юлия

Юлия

Царица

• PipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 07:02 PM

Oh shut up and stop being dumb. I am also a woman playing Pokemon Go. Of course it is possible for women to love Pokemon too but she is calling out nerds and insulting them and women can also be 'these nerds' which I guess I am. She is disrespectful and full of shit just like you.

she's not calling out any nerds she's calling out men who keep bothering her despite her being visibly uncomfortable, considering your brain in need of more active brain cells didn't get that the first time re-read about the man who kept following her and asking for her number despite her walking away from him and purposely making it obvious that she was uncomfortable. Damn you're pressed af.

#24 Aearom

Aearom

♚ Jaeholic ♚

• PipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 07:19 PM (Edited by Aearom, 14 July 2016 - 07:21 PM.)

she's not calling out any nerds she's calling out men who keep bothering her despite her being visibly uncomfortable, considering your brain in need of more active brain cells didn't get that the first time re-read about the man who kept following her and asking for her number despite her walking away from him and purposely making it obvious that she was uncomfortable. Damn you're pressed af.

You dumbass did you even read the last paragraph?

First of all you are seriously lacking half of your brain if you thought my first post said anything about 'women playing pokemon' So that shows how dumb you are in the first place. I don't even need to elaborate further on that.

"What happened to the good old days where gamers stayed indoors and nerds feared social interaction?"

This sentence right here is disgusting. She makes a generalization of 'nerds' and expresses her preference for 'nerds' being afraid of social interaction. Specifically nerds. She doesn't complain about men taking liberty of talking randomly to women and following them at all. 

You are clearly trying to salvage your dumbassery by talking about how the guy 'followed her asking her number despite her purposely making it obvious that she was uncomfortable.' She didn't make it obvious and it probably wasn't even a nerd but some fuckboi having exact same disgusting thinking as her and thinking she is afraid of social interaction.

Damn you lack reading comprehension as well as thinking abilities. 

#25 Юлия

Юлия

Царица

• PipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 07:43 PM

You dumbass did you even read the last paragraph?

First of all you are seriously lacking half of your brain if you thought my first post said anything about 'women playing pokemon' So that shows how dumb you are in the first place. I don't even need to elaborate further on that.

"What happened to the good old days where gamers stayed indoors and nerds feared social interaction?"

This sentence right here is disgusting. She makes a generalization of 'nerds' and expresses her preference for 'nerds' being afraid of social interaction. Specifically nerds. She doesn't complain about men taking liberty of talking randomly to women and following them at all. 

You are clearly trying to salvage your dumbassery by talking about how the guy 'followed her asking her number despite her purposely making it obvious that she was uncomfortable.' She didn't make it obvious and it probably wasn't even a nerd but some fuckboi having exact same disgusting thinking as her and thinking she is afraid of social interaction.

Damn you lack reading comprehension as well as thinking abilities. 

Nice essay lol but the irony of you accusing anyone of a lack of reading comprehension is so rich did you miss the part where I said she's over exaggerating but that nevertheless the fact that there are creeps following her around is still a problem? And that my first reply was addressing the fact that all you know about this woman is from a single article but you still somehow managed to figure out her entire life story i.e. "loved pokemon more than you have ever loved anything apart from yourself" because it's not possible for her to have loved it from childhood as well and just wanted to play it in peace? If all I was trying to do was play a game alone and a bunch of creeps who can't figure out social cues 101 kept bothering me I'd lash out too. There's really no hope for you lmao get back at me when you manage to finally activate your brain cells.

#26 Aearom

Aearom

♚ Jaeholic ♚

• PipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 07:48 PM (Edited by Aearom, 14 July 2016 - 07:48 PM.)

Nice essay lol but the irony of you accusing anyone of a lack of reading comprehension is so rich did you miss the part where I said she's over exaggerating but that nevertheless the fact that there are creeps following her around is still a problem? And that my first reply was addressing the fact that all you know about this woman is from a single article but you still somehow managed to figure out her entire life story i.e. "loved pokemon more than you have ever loved anything apart from yourself" because it's not possible for her to have loved it from childhood as well and just wanted to play it in peace? If all I was trying to do was play a game alone and a bunch of creeps who can't figure out social cues 101 kept bothering me I'd lash out too. There's really no hope for you lmao get back at me when you manage to finally activate your brain cells.

Nice try but if she is calling them nerds and generalizing 'nerds' for loving Pokemon then clearly she doesn't consider herself a 'nerd' So I know that she is judging nerds (or people too much into Pokemon etc etc) and I know that she herself isn't a 'nerd'.

Again, go catch some brain cells if there is any facility for that.

#27 nightmare

nightmare

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 11:13 PM

nctfans got banned? rip

#28 Kim Seolhyun

Kim Seolhyun

Seolhyun's Slave

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 11:21 PM

Does this bitch have green hair?

Typical tumblr bitch.

#29 Treepotbisho

Treepotbisho

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 01:17 AM

Typical feminist. Nothing new here, folks~

#30 Solfa

Solfa

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,411 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 01:33 AM

I read that article over and over, and all I saw was the story of how an anti-social person met average people, was miffed they weren't like her and decided to rant about it. Is this the whole article? 

#31 Keijiro

Keijiro

Seulgi's True Sin

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 07:18 AM

I don't see this as an harrassment though. They just friendly talked to her and that was it, I mean...

http://24.media.tumblr.com/af5175de38c44...

It seems like everytime a guy starts a conversation with a girl he's harrassing her. Damn, chill. Just say you're not interested and that's it.

#32 LuckyDay

LuckyDay

💪 Low Key Hercules ✌

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,000 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 07:57 AM (Edited by LuckyDay, 15 July 2016 - 07:58 AM.)

just say if your uncomfortable verbally next time  :lol: not everyone knows what your signals. i have a friend with social anxiety and a lot of people just think she is rude because she won't outright say anything but will shield her body and stuff. she even got into fist fights cause of it.

if this is harassment then I've been quiet a felon these past few days haha.

that last paragraph is so unnecessary though lol. don't pull nerds and geeks into this man.

nctfans got banned? rip

i think he got banned due to his comments in the france attack thread

Up, Up and Away!