Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
kaichi

VROMANCE (브로맨스) Official Thread - New Music Release!!! Chandong X Hyunkyu

source (complete article): http://www.soompi.com/2016/06/27/mamamoos-brother-group-vromance-unveils-plans-debut/

On June 27, VROMANCE shared teasers on their official Facebook page for their upcoming debut and announced that they will be releasing their first mini album “The Action†in early July, featuring the title track “Girl Friend.†The song is described as being funky and fun, with a swing-inspired feel, that’s bound to challenge any preconceptions of male vocal groups only putting out ballads.

RBW describes them as a “vocal group that keeps the traditional feel of other vocal groups, while at the same time being versatile and able to pull off a variety of different genres, including fun and trendy music.†They add that the group’s been working hard to prepare for their debut for four years with some of the country’s best producers, and that their album will be something that people from all age groups can enjoy

Oh, yes... I like the sound of that. I'm really, really waiting to hear what they'll come up with. Did any other boy group ever do that funky/swing/jazzy style, let's say, similar to Mamamoo's beginning sound? I can't remember any....

source (complete article): http://www.soompi.com/2016/06/27/mamamoos-brother-group-vromance-unveils-plans-debut/

On June 27, VROMANCE shared teasers on their official Facebook page for their upcoming debut and announced that they will be releasing their first mini album “The Action†in early July, featuring the title track “Girl Friend.†The song is described as being funky and fun, with a swing-inspired feel, that’s bound to challenge any preconceptions of male vocal groups only putting out ballads.

RBW describes them as a “vocal group that keeps the traditional feel of other vocal groups, while at the same time being versatile and able to pull off a variety of different genres, including fun and trendy music.†They add that the group’s been working hard to prepare for their debut for four years with some of the country’s best producers, and that their album will be something that people from all age groups can enjoy

Oh, yes... I like the sound of that. I'm really, really waiting to hear what they'll come up with. Did any other boy group ever do that funky/swing/jazzy style, let's say, similar to Mamamoo's beginning sound? I can't remember any....

sounds great. and i don't follow boy groups much so i don't know if that music style has ever done by boy groups in kpop, probably they have but i can't recall any.

I'm sure its been done before as a concept but I can't think of any boy groups that have a funky vintage sound for their general music. I'm just hoping they won't restrict themselves based on concepts because Mamamoo doesn't and it allows them to avoid the boxes (cutesy/sexy/hephap etc) all groups are placed in. They're already too talented for that.

source (complete article): http://www.soompi.com/2016/06/27/mamamoos-brother-group-vromance-unveils-plans-debut/

On June 27, VROMANCE shared teasers on their official Facebook page for their upcoming debut and announced that they will be releasing their first mini album “The Action†in early July, featuring the title track “Girl Friend.†The song is described as being funky and fun, with a swing-inspired feel, that’s bound to challenge any preconceptions of male vocal groups only putting out ballads.

Not full on but SHINee uses funk elements in their songs from time to time.

Anyways, there was a group called "TROY" back in 2014 that had this similar vibe. The group had Bumkey in it and was created by BrandNewMusic. So I'm thinking that VROMANCE might be a "replacement" for that group since:

a.) Bumkey went to jail or whatever so that group is pretty much disbanded

b.) When Mamamoo's company was WA entertainment they were affiliated with BrandNewMusic. (They still may be with RBW but I'm not sure).

----

What's the name of the guy who sings first in the BIG LIVE VER.? He has my fave voice and he's a cutie. :lol:

Edited by Athena
  • Like 1

- Under Construction -

@Janghyun

@Hyunkyu

@Chandong

@Hyunseok

vromance_1466986832_13497604_10452141288

- Pre-debut -

Finally! Slated for July~

Can't wait for their debut!! They'll slay just like how Mamamoo slays everyone with their vocals. 

Also, Minju and Yuna... Man what a waste of talent... :cry: 

Edited by LiuEunyoung

Did any other boy group ever do that funky/swing/jazzy style, let's say, similar to Mamamoo's beginning sound? I can't remember any....

One concept that pops right off the top of my head is TVXQ's Something. That was exactly that: "funky/swing/jazzy"! That was everything!!

Anyways, there was a group called "TROY" back in 2014 that had this similar vibe. The group had Bumkey in it and was created by BrandNewMusic. So I'm thinking that VROMANCE might be a "replacement" for that group since:

b.) When Mamamoo's company was WA entertainment they were affiliated with BrandNewMusic. (They still may be with RBW but I'm not sure).

Wait what! Bumkey went to jail??!! Now when did that happen??  :omg:

And yeah SHINee is very funky. Never done swing or jazz though, I believe.

One concept that pops right off the top of my head is TVXQ's Something. That was exactly that: "funky/swing/jazzy"! That was everything!!

Wait what! Bumkey went to jail??!! Now when did that happen?? :omg:

He was supposed to go to jail for five years but I guess the court gave him a different punishment. He has two years probation because of ecstasy usage starting this year and 8 months in jail if he violates his probation.

Park Hyun Kyu & Lee Chan Dong - 200% (AKMU)

Hyun Kyu's voice, oh my goodness.  :ahmagah:

How dare he assault me like that? I'm head over heels in love. His tone is extremely gorgeous. No other way of putting it.

I think I just found my bias.  :omg:

What's the name of the guy who sings first in the BIG LIVE VER.? He has my fave voice and he's a cutie. :lol:

Hyunkyu~

hwasa will be in vromance debut mv i saw on fb

She will! It's been confirmed~

Upcoming vocal group Vromance talked about their agency seniors, MAMAMOO during an interview with OSEN on June 28!

They said, â€œMore than advice, they give a lot of encouragement.  They practiced with us before their debut, and it’s really nice that MAMAMOO debuted first and succeeded.  In particular, Hwasa took the initiative to tell us that she wanted to make a cameo in our MV, so we were grateful.â€

Also, member Chandong talked about being the male lead in MAMAMOO’s “You’re the Best†MV, stating, â€œAt first, I was dazed when I got the offer, but I was also very grateful. In everyday life, we are on comfortable terms, but it was different when I saw them for work.  I saw MAMAMOO enjoy themselves while working and thought, ‘I wish we’d be like that, too.’â€

Source

Hi everyone I'm here to stan these boys and I'm happy there's an offical thread now. :rlytearpls:

I've never stanned a boy group before but I think this group will be the ones for sure.

Tbh I thought the maknae was the oldest (kind of what I thought of hwasa at first glance lol).

Anyway I'll be lurking here quite a bit as I do at the Mamamoo thread

Edited by baechulgi

Ulala Session and Sweet Sorrow for sure, not a "boy" group tho lol

----

OMG I miss Troy so much :(

Wait what! Bumkey went to jail??!! Now when did that happen??  :omg:

TVXQ had jazz & funk era in 2014 with Something, Spellbound, and Japanese's single Sweat, ah also Yunho's Champagne last year, but I guess that's it haha

You don't have to worry, they're all older!

Janghyun / June 6. 1989 (Happy belated daddy!)

Hyunkyo / Feb 11. 1991

Chandong / July 20. 1992

Hyunseok / May 26. 1994 (Maknae~)

Edit: Janghyun is 89, not 86~

OMG YES FINALLY. thank you!! Can't wait for their debut  :chu:

omg i can't wait! i'm so happy they have an official thread. 

i listen to boy groups but never really stanned any of them so i'm hoping this might be a first. 

and hwasa omg let me live

I haven't anticipated a boygroup debut for about 4 years. I'm definitely looking forward to this one! Although I do hope they gain fans in their own right as well as all the moomoos who've come to place their trust in RBW.