Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kaichi

Perf-K Appreciating All 8 MAMAMOO Immortal Song 2 Peformance

As we celebrate MAMAMOO's 2 year Anniversary; let's appreciate MAMAMOO's performance at Immortal Song 2 that have brought them public recognition. 

Before any performances, let us watch how hard it is to prepare for one Immortal Song 2 Performance.

From Harmony practice to choreography as they prepare for their Passion Flower Performance;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KQ3vhd3_dE

1st Performance: Wait a Minute

One of MAMAMOO's Iconic performance IMO, this performance brought to the forefront not only MAMAMOO's vocal prowess but also their incredible stage presence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5TFq8t-q1A

2nd Performance: Flying into the Night Sky

Adding a latin twist to a classic making even older people feel the performance and join in; Another showcase of MAMAMOO's stage presence.

3rd Performance: Passion Flower

One of the performances I love; Hwasa's chilling intro into the seductive opening tone into a dance break and the final of Kiss Kiss Kiss. This performance was made extra special by the release of MMMTV ep 5 (link above) making us see the whole preparation on how this performance came to be. 

4th Performance: The way to Sampo

Taking a break from their previous performance based stage, Road to Sampo schowcase more of their vocal ability; For me the highlight is Hwasa's growl to falsetto that is just golden.

5th Performance: Delilah

This performance is what made me a fan; Just mindblowing, starting from Hwasa chilling intro to Angel Lines Harmony into, for me the highlight of this performance, Moonbyul's intense Rap. How I love when Moonbyul rap over harmony and high notes it is just amazingly good.

6th Performance: Backwoods (First Trophy - Part 1 Winner)

Facing the dilemma of performing while Wheein's ankle is injured; MAMAMOO choose to perform a ballad. This performance brings in not just the power of their vocal but also the strength and variety of their harmony, proving that they can capture the audience with only their voices. Spiced by the folk singer singing AHEYA!!! While Solar, Wheein and Hwasa singing "Stay with me" in different intensity while Moonbyul adds pepper into the story through her rap made Backwoods not just a song but a song with narrative and clear Imagery.

7th Peformance: Love Story of a Girl

For me this is  probably their best performance in terms of emotional delivery;

Opening the song is Wheein narrating the story followed by Hwasa almost seemingly crying while singing her part, Solar's exploding high note and Moonbyul's rap that slowly builds it's intensity until it splashes with all it's strength.  This performance is akin to a storm; Wheein is the gentle wind, the oncoming dark cloud signalling a storm is coming, Hwasa is the thunderstorm and rain signalling the storm is near, Solar is the strong wind rampaging through and Moonbyul is the wall the strongest most destructive part of the storm in which after their harmony comes as the eye of the storm, into another Moonbyul's rap ending with Solar's 8 second high note and another harmony to signal that the storm have passed. That is how I imagine it.  This made me cry and so the audience as well.

8th Performance: Wonderful Confession (Second Trophy - First Overall Episode Winner)

Their sexiest performance; seductive while wearing suits and stilettos making all IS2 audience almost flip into their seats like fangirls. No audience young and old, female or male was safe from MAMAMOOs charm. This made me bite my nails while watching it. How come they can be so sexy and seductive wearing suits. No wonder they won it with this performance oriented stage everyone in that auditorium is under their spell.

Moomoo or not Moomoo as well as those on fence - let us appreciate this girl group and what they have given us and to the KPOP world.
MAMAMOO Happy 2nd year Anniversary #2YearsWithMamamoo

Proud moomoo  :hurr:

My favorite perfs are "Passion Flower" and "Wonderful Confession" 

My favorites are

1. Backwood- first performance I heard and I was completely blown away by them. It was love at first listen

The road to sampo, Delilah, passion flower

Delilah is FUCKING AMAZING!

actually all of them are, Mamamoo just slay

IMMORTAL SONG QUEENS

:ahmagah:  They truly are.

Delilah is FUCKING AMAZING!

actually all of them are, Mamamoo just slay

Yes, Delilah is Mindblowing.

My favorites are

1. Backwood- first performance I heard and I was completely blown away by them. It was love at first listen

The road to sampo, Delilah, passion flower

With the amount of explanation I did, mine is Love Story, then Backwoods then Delilah. Heck, I love all of their performances.

They will always be my queens..No other girl group can make me feel so hyped! Proud to stan the right group  :lub:

i have a total soft spot for solar singing Born Hater in their prep for Passion Flower... her swearing is kinda hot

Delilah is still one of my fave performances.

ma girls!

Teehee these 8 performances have so much replay value :3  I play them like once every week at least. :rlytearpls:

Same here, I even made a playlist and play all of it once a week atleast one performance everyday. Every single time I am still blown away.

i have a total soft spot for solar singing Born Hater in their prep for Passion Flower... her swearing is kinda hot

Delilah is still one of my fave performances.

ma girls!

I included it so other can realize how hard it is to prepare for one performance, not only for MAMAMAMOO but for other groups aswell that performs in Immortal Song. Also I love how Moonbyul casually give solar a piggy back ride on heels and Hwasa trolling Wheein's socks.

moomoo reporting in! 

everytime they harmonize i get the image of transformers combining into one like what solar said in one of her interviews lol  :lol:

QUEENS. I can't even speak korean but I know all the lyrics to their immortal songs performance cause I hear it so much. 

I just watched all of them again and now wonderful confession is my favorite :cry:

Why are they doing this to me :cry:

Third generation Queens of stage and performance :dave:

QUEENS. I can't even speak korean but I know all the lyrics to their immortal songs performance cause I hear it so much. 

Same I think I can sing along love story of a girl now after listening to it so many times.

I just watched all of them again and now wonderful confession is my favorite :cry:

Why are they doing this to me :cry:

Third generation Queens of stage and performance :dave:

Queens Indeed :ahmagah: 

Gooooosh love story of a girl gave me goosebumps. Wonderful Confession too. <3333

Gooooosh love story of a girl gave me goosebumps. Wonderful Confession too. <3333

For every freakin time I watch it, it still give me chills.

thanks for reminding me that I need to go on a IS2 marathon  :rlytearpls: #2yearswithMamamoo 

No problem :3 We should marathon IS2 once a week :rlytearpls:  for soul cleansing purpose. :ahmagah:

I even have a playlist for my needs;

No problem :3 We should marathon IS2 once a week :rlytearpls:  for soul cleansing purpose. :ahmagah:

I even have a playlist for my needs;

me too I usually listen to Love story Blissful Confession and Backwoods every week but I should listen to all 8 again tbh  :rlytearpls:

Proud moomoo  :hurr:

My favorite perfs are "Passion Flower" and "Wonderful Confession" 

YES YES YES and YES!!