Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fuckJohnny

The Men's Rights thread

Well this will be interesting. Is this one supposed to be serious, or just a troll like the other one?

Personally, I think it's good to have a Men's Rights Associations to actually help Men with their problems, the way the Feminist Movement did for Women, but they really need to fix their "anti-feminist women hating" image and get a proper unified peaceful image.

hmm there are supposedly unfair laws made for women that are unfair for men... (?)

but honestly i dont really care.

the straight people's affairs literally dont affect me.

Are you trolling?  :derp:

Why would I be trolling?

Well this will be interesting. Is this one supposed to be serious, or just a troll like the other one?

Oh I should ask the mods to close this one then.

I seriously had no idea there was already a thread about men's rights T.T

Personally, I think it's good to have a Men's Rights Associations to actually help Men with their problems, the way the Feminist Movement did for Women, but they really need to fix their "anti-feminist women hating" image and get a proper unified peaceful image.

Yup. I think that the two movements could and have to work together, but right now it can't be done, since the current MRAs (and an extremely vocal minority of feminists, too) are hateful assholes.

Why would I be trolling?

Fighting! Please support our mafia game!

shamelessly promoting

Men usually don't feel like they can talk about their problems, insecurities or admit the fact that they may be abused verbally or physically at home or that they were raped. There is such a stigma that a men can never be raped by another woman or abused because men are stronger and so I think that focusing on those issues and having someone to talk to that they feel like they won't be judged is a good thing. It's also very important to speak out and say that it does not only happen to women.

I actually mentioned this once if the Feminists threads so it's good to see that men are trying to change things.

I'm completely ignoring that some of those men hate feminism/women. 

Let's focus on the good apples.

Yup. I think that the two movements could and have to work together, but right now it can't be done, since the current MRAs (and an extremely vocal minority of feminists, too) are hateful assholes.

feminism.png

Why would I be trolling?

Leave this thread open, the other one was obviously a troll thread what was made to mock the feminist thread right after it was created...  -_-

I don't know why you were minused...

Exactly. I think feminism is very positive for the most part, but it obviously can't do everything to help both women and men. Ideally both would work together to reach a common goal of equality of rights and duties for men and women.

:lol:

do you want to play? we still need 5 more people :cry:

and just to stay on topic I have to say that I completely agree with lone wolf

do you want to play? we still need 5 more people :cry:

and just to stay on topic I have to say that I completely agree with lone wolf

when is it?

I have a test coming up but if the time's good I can join

Leave this thread open, the other one was obviously a troll thread what was made to mock the feminist thread right after it was created...  -_-

I don't know why you were minused...

Exactly. I think feminism is very positive for the most part, but it obviously can't do everything to help both women and men. Ideally both would work together to reach a common goal of equality of rights and duties for men and women.

LOOOL I did not notice that.

Well Feminism is mostly about women's rights and where they are not equal to men. But, a lot of feminists do realize that there is also some unfairness towards them or are also a part of the Men's Rights movement. Feminism actually does benefit men too (same for Men's Rights) since they fight traditional gender roles and sexism.

What do I mean by this? Well by fighting traditional gender roles it might help men during the custody process (women generally have more priority) because women are seen more capable (housewife stigma and all of that). By fighting sexism I mean that it might help the idea that women can't hurt men because we are weaker/docile and that men who were hurt/abused/raped by women are "pussies". 

Note: I do realize and understand that physically women are weaker.

Edit: Why am I getting minused? Smh.

Then I don't think I can, unless it ends within 2 days

I'm not sure abou that. Let me ask the other gms.

but please abra oppa play, we're desperate :unsure:

LOOOL I did not notice that.

Well Feminism is mostly about women's rights and where they are not equal to men. But, a lot of feminists do realize that there is also some unfairness towards them or are also a part of the Men's Rights movement. Feminism actually does benefit men too (same for Men's Rights) since they fight traditional gender roles and sexism.

What do I mean by this? Well by fighting traditional gender roles it might help men during the custody process (women generally have more priority) because women are seen more capable (housewife stigma and all of that). By fighting sexism I mean that it might help the idea that women can't hurt men because we are weaker/docile and that men who were hurt/abused/raped by women are "pussies". 

Note: I do realize and understand that physically women are weaker.

Edit: Why am I getting minused? Smh.

I agree and I think the Feminism in theory is great for men too, but like in most movements the theory and how they are actually applied do differ. Feminist organizations focus mostly on women's issues (and rightfully so), and very rarely do they actually seem to help men, which I understand perfectly, they already have a huge task on their hands. Also people often don't understand issues and problems, unless they experience them first hand. They might empathize and support, but it's not the same, so it would be hard for feminist organizations to help men in all the issues.

Ideally there would only be the need for one movement fighting towards a common cause, addressing everyone's problems in an equal manner, but that would be a gigantic task, so if it has to be broken in to two movements to work, then it's better than nothing.

I actually find it interesting that people keep pointing out that men don't have problems and don't need any help, which is a very prevalent mentality both in men and women.

What they don't think is that if we go back 100 years, most men and women didn't think women had problems, they stayed home safely while men went to war, they didn't have to work and all they had to do is be obedient, make babies and take care of them. "What could possibly be wrong with that? What could women possibly want more?" would be something most people would say or agree. It took a group of women to show everyone what they lacked, freedom of choice, speech and rights, and little by little the feminist movement grew, despite receiving hatred of men and women. Sometimes it only takes someone to speak up and talk about issues, so people will understand.

I tried to plus you, but you keep getting minused and everyone that is against this thread gets plused. Welcome to the unpopular opinion side. 

What rights exactly do men need to speak about? 

It's the name of the movement.

Basically they want male circumcision to cease to exist, have the same rights to win custody of their kids, have people stop believing that men can't be raped by women, have people stop believing that men can't be physically.verbally abused in relationships and others.

I tried to plus you, but you keep getting minused and everyone that is against this thread gets plused. Welcome to the unpopular opinion side. 

I think that if it's a movement that is helping people even if it's not needed (in this case I think that it is) why are people so against it?

It's not like they are hurting women by trying to fight some discrimination against males.

I don't understand why people, here, are so against this thread. The patriarchy has caused problems to both men and women.

I'm glad men are speaking out and getting the help they need.

I think that if it's a movement that is helping people even if it's not needed (in this case I think that it is) why are people so against it?

It's not like they are hurting women by trying to fight some discrimination against males.

I don't understand why people, here, are so against this thread. The patriarchy has caused problems to both men and women.

I'm glad men are speaking out and getting the help they need.

There seems to be a prevalent belief in our society that only the ones that have it worse can complain, and the others have to shut up and suck it up. And of course "men have it better in everything" so they have to "man up and stop whining".

It doesn't help that it's a movement in its infancy, so it doesn't have an exact plan on how to proceed. There's also the perception that fighting for men's rights will be oppressive to women, which seems to be notion that is spread by a few feminists unfortunately. 

And of course, the movement already has some black sheeps, that are vindictive against women and even misogynist.... And of course that tends to be what people notice the most. Feminists should know what it's like to have a movement get a bad rep because of a minority, but I guess not all take the time to think that way.

Anyway, I guess it's easier just to come here and downvote than it is to actually to have a meaningful conversation.

I'll just leave this here.

I'll just leave this news article here as a demonstration of what the mentality that men can't be sexually discriminated against can result in.

EXCLUSIVE: Archie Comics co-CEO accused of gender discrimination by male employees   Nancy Silberkleit is accused by her male employees of gender discrimination such as referring to them as 'penis' instead of by name, but Silberkleit contends that the case should be tossed out because white males are not 'a protected class'.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/archie-boss-calls-male-employees-penis-article-1.1534462#ixzz2mY38NyI2

Of course I'm not saying women don't suffer more discrimination in the workplace, I'm perfectly aware they do. But as more women get to positions of power and leadership, if the mentality that they can't discriminate or be offensive to men doesn't change, things like this will become more frequent.

Equal parental rights is something men need, the court system is biased to women tbh, even if they are less fit for custody