Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo

Sechs Kies story, why they broke up and bad things DSP entertainment has done ‪#‎젝스키스‬

sechs kies sechskies dsp yg

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#1 lovelovelove681

lovelovelove681

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 01:55 PM (Edited by lovelovelove681, 16 June 2016 - 05:26 AM.)

Sechs Kies story, why they broke up and shit things DSP entertainment has done ‪#‎젝스키스‬
Ever since the debut of Sechskies in 1997, Daesung entertainment (DSP) gave really bad treatments to them. Low payments, hitting them. The members were underage but they had to come to drinking parties at adult night club on a hectic schedule and if they didn't come, they were scolded and called arrogant. The company didn't even film music videos for their title tracks.

In the first half years of Sechskies, they never got to take a break and released two albums in their first year, the first k-pop group to do so. But Daesung was starting to be short of money, so what did they do? They made Sechskies perform in this musical (Alibata and the 40 Thieves) for 15 days and shoot a movie (Seventeen) with barely any time to practice, just to raise money.

As time passed. In 1998, a new group named Fin.K.L came along. Since Daesung entertaiment didn't have enough money to take care of both Sechskies and Fin.K.L, they decided to just dump Sechskies and promote Fin.K.L instead.
Sechskies's schedule changed notably in the year 1999, and since Daesung entertaiment stopped advertising them, there popularity started to drop a little. To strengthen Fin.K.L's popularity, Sechskies started to appear less in music shows such as Inkigayo and Music bank

In 1999 SBS DAESANG award, everyone was expecting for Sechskies to get that reward. But then the MC announced the winner "Fin.K.L." Later, a Sechskies fan revealed the picture of the SBS DAESANG trophy he took, and it said "Sechskies" in it.
And then Daesung Entertainment revealed the amount of 4th album sold for that year, and it was 350,000 copies in order to trick people of why Sechskies get low payments, absolutely pathetic. All the Sechskies fans realised that this was fake because the sales of the 4th album in its first month alone was 300,000 copies!!!! Sechs Kies fans also kept their receipt to keep track of Sechs Kies album sales. Sechskies fans became so mad that they egged the Daesung Entertainment building.

Daesung earned a ton of money by under-reporting the physical sales of Sechs Kies. Their first and second albums sold millions copies . Since their third album, their physical sales shrunk down to 400,000 ~ 500,000 copies. Daesang entertainment even told the members that they flopped because they only sold 500,000 copies. Daesung company also been investigated by the Seoul Tax Service for tax evasion allegations.

In early 2000, Sechskies decided to move to another entertainment (rumour - YG Entertaiment). But Daesung entertaiment forced them to quit, due to fear that they may interrupt Fin.K.L's popularity. (Jaejin even said that he tried to runaway to prevent Sechskies disband). Sechs Kies fans had enough of DSP's bullshit and when Sechskies disbandment was announced, they tried to destroy the Daesung CEO's car which turned out to be Jo Young Goo's car instead (a journalist).

And in mid 2000 dream concert, Sechskies held their last performance, which made almost all the fans cry. The Suwon World Cup Stadium, amazingly, was completely filled with yellow balloons.
Sechskies members only earned 200 million won for 3 years . They only has a verbal contract with Daesung entertainment (there is no written contract).

After Sechskies disbanded, Ko Ji Yong wanted to become an actor and even signed under a famous actor company. But Daesung entertainment kept blocked him so he couldn't do anything and was disillusioned about the entertainment industry. He went overseas to study and started a business. In 2005, Lee Jaejin spoken the truth about why Sechkies broke up and he got blocked from Daesung entertainment. He never performance on any music shows after that until Sechskies made a comeback on Infinity Challenge.

Sechs Kies last stage at dream concert

Ck2jOskWsAA7now.jpgCk2jO6VXEAU30ay.jpg

#2 J.Cole

J.Cole

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:01 PM

After Sechskies disbanded, Ko Ji Yong wanted to become an actor and even signed under a famous actor company. But Daesung entertainment kept blocked him so he couldn't do anything and was disillusioned about the entertainment industry. He went overseas to study and started a business. In 2005, Lee Jaejin spoken the truth about why Sechkies broke up and he got blocked from Daesung entertainment. He never performance on any music shows after that until Sechskies made a comeback on Infinity Challenge.

i wonder who is blocking who in 2k16?

0fgUXMo.gif

#3 ché

ché

thirsting over cha eunwoo tbh

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,191 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:02 PM

No wonder every fucking DSP group seems to come to a tragic end...poor April

#4 J.Cole

J.Cole

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:03 PM

In 1999 SBS DAESANG award, everyone was expecting for Sechskies to get that reward. But then the MC announced the winner "Fin.K.L." Later, a Sechskies fan revealed the picture of the SBS DAESANG trophy he took, and it said "Sechskies" in it.

And then Daesung Entertainment revealed the amount of 4th album sold for that year, and it was 350,000 copies in order to trick people of why Sechskies get low payments, absolutely pathetic. All the Sechskies fans realised that this was fake because the sales of the 4th album in its first month alone was 300,000 copies!!!! Sechs Kies fans also kept their receipt to keep track of Sechs Kies album sales. Sechskies fans became so mad that they egged the Daesung Entertainment building.

Did history repeat it self in 2010

0fgUXMo.gif

#5 Jishade

Jishade

Jensoo forever ♥

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,789 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:03 PM

;( I feel bad for them I'm glad they are in YG now

#6 GirlGroupTrash

GirlGroupTrash

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:06 PM (Edited by kyenryn, 13 June 2016 - 02:08 PM.)

DSP treatment when comparing different groups is unbearable

When KARA started doing well with Mister they pretty much neglected Rainbow for more KARA comebacks and the members of KARA were all treated differently (i.e. why Nicole left)

Rainbow couldn't stand a chance without support and DSP royally fucked them over

then they made the KARA Project and one of the trainees ended up killing herself because DSP ended their contract with her

now as much as I care about APRIL they are being treated like princesses in comparison to other DSP groups because they don't want a repeat of the shit that happened years past

now i'm sitting over her fucking churning over what is going to happen to Youngji, Shiyoon, Chaekyung and Somin and they are refusing reports that they will all debut together

DSP can fucking go to hell

EDIT: I forgot to add Click-B and A-JAX because oh yeah DSP royally fucked them over too :)

#7 noon

noon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,617 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:10 PM

damn now this is a real example of a company sabotaging their own group

but it looks like YG has had their eyes on them for a while now...

#8 MusicL

MusicL

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,209 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:16 PM

Was one of a member got sued by his friend for not repaying a loan? I read it on Allkpop and the news of his financial status, I was wondering myself why he didn't have money after the group got disbanded.

#9 lepidoptery

lepidoptery

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,723 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:21 PM

DSP treatment when comparing different groups is unbearable

When KARA started doing well with Mister they pretty much neglected Rainbow for more KARA comebacks and the members of KARA were all treated differently (i.e. why Nicole left)

Rainbow couldn't stand a chance without support and DSP royally fucked them over

then they made the KARA Project and one of the trainees ended up killing herself because DSP ended their contract with her

now as much as I care about APRIL they are being treated like princesses in comparison to other DSP groups because they don't want a repeat of the shit that happened years past

now i'm sitting over her fucking churning over what is going to happen to Youngji, Shiyoon, Chaekyung and Somin and they are refusing reports that they will all debut together

DSP can fucking go to hell

EDIT: I forgot to add Click-B and A-JAX because oh yeah DSP royally fucked them over too :)

Then there was Puretty~

Was Nicole neglected before she(/her mom) attempted to lead Kara to terminate their contract with DSP, though?  I mean, the retaliatory neglect is bad, of course, but not arbitrary.

#10 lovelovelove681

lovelovelove681

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:22 PM (Edited by lovelovelove681, 13 June 2016 - 04:28 PM.)

Was one of a member got sued by his friend for not repaying a loan? I read it on Allkpop and the news of his financial status, I was wondering myself why he didn't have money after the group got disbanded.

Sechs Kies Kang Sung Hoon breaks silence on fraud charge

Ck0cUk4WgAAmrql.jpg

Ck0cUleWgAAbDV1.jpg

Former star Kang Sung-hoon, 35, has broken his silence about his 2011 fraud charge with his first TV appearance since then.

The former member of now-defunct boy band Sechs Kies appeared on SBS's "Special Entertainment News" on Wednesday night. The interview pivoted around how he had been feeling since the Seoul Central District Prosecutors' Office acquitted him on Jan. 8

"It has been over 10 years since I stood in front of a camera," Kang said. "I thought a lot about whether I should do this interview."

He said his celebrity status expanded the litigation case into a big social issue and pushed people to doubt him even after the charge was dismissed. "I hated myself," Kang said.

An anonymous loan shark and seven others sued Kang for fraud in 2011. They argued they had lent him about 2.5 billion won ($2.3 million) between 2008 and 2010 but he had not paid back 900 million won ($830,000). In September 2013 a court sentenced him to 18 months' jail, suspended for two years. But prosecutors recently overturned the ruling, saying it was "difficult to prove the charge based on the plaintiffs' argument." Kang has sued his accusers back for defamation and false charges.

Yeah, so in the end he innocent and the court dismissed the case 

#11 Pyo Hyemi

Pyo Hyemi

it's gonna be me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,481 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:38 PM

why does idols were hited by staff in 90s/early 00s

i heard that Andy and Changmin were beaten

#12 MusicL

MusicL

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,209 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:39 PM

Sechs Kies Kang Sung Hoon breaks silence on fraud charge
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ck0cUk4WgAAm...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ck0cUleWgAAb...
Former star Kang Sung-hoon, 35, has broken his silence about his 2011 fraud charge with his first TV appearance since then.
The former member of now-defunct boy band Sechs Kies appeared on SBS's "Special Entertainment News" on Wednesday night. The interview pivoted around how he had been feeling since the Seoul Central District Prosecutors' Office acquitted him on Jan. 8

"It has been over 10 years since I stood in front of a camera," Kang said. "I thought a lot about whether I should do this interview."

He said his celebrity status expanded the litigation case into a big social issue and pushed people to doubt him even after the charge was dismissed. "I hated myself," Kang said.

An anonymous loan shark and seven others sued Kang for fraud in 2011. They argued they had lent him about 2.5 billion won ($2.3 million) between 2008 and 2010 but he had not paid back 900 million won ($830,000). In September 2013 a court sentenced him to 18 months' jail, suspended for two years. But prosecutors recently overturned the ruling, saying it was "difficult to prove the charge based on the plaintiffs' argument." Kang has sued his accusers back for defamation and false charges.

Yeah, so in the end he innocent and the court dismissed the cases

What? He was sentenced 18 month in jail? I thought it was a civil case. It's great that he could overturn the case.

#13 H.O.T Historian

H.O.T Historian

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 03:02 PM

Sechs Kies released 5 albums in 2 years. (2 in 1997, 2 in 1998, and 1 in 1999). it's insane.

#14 H.O.T Historian

H.O.T Historian

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 03:05 PM (Edited by Sl1200, 13 June 2016 - 03:05 PM.)

and to add insult to injury, Hyori said many years later that she was personally an H.O.T fan. Something was not right with DSP.

#15 StrifeRaider

StrifeRaider

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,204 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 03:14 PM

and some people are still blindly defending and praising DSP >.< 

my answer

Dcvsq5a.jpg

#16 pastelcake

pastelcake

~Twice's Guardian : Savage team~ Moon Snow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,527 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 04:48 PM

DSP sucks from day1

#17 goyangis

goyangis

Idol

• PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 04:51 PM (Edited by goyangis, 13 June 2016 - 04:53 PM.)

dsp didn't end their contract with her, her contract as a trainee expired and they decided not to resign. i don't like dsp's management either but let's not say things that didn't actually happen, especially something that literally says dsp drove her to suicide.

and to add insult to injury, Hyori said many years later that she was personally an H.O.T fan. Something was not right with DSP.

that doesn't mean anything?? you can be fans of people who aren't on your label.

#18 xjendukiex

xjendukiex

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 04:55 PM

DSP is like SM on steroids

#19 no thank you

no thank you

Idol

• PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 04:59 PM

and some people are still blindly defending and praising DSP >.<

my answer
http://i.imgur.com/Dcvsq5a.jpg...

#20 H.O.T Historian

H.O.T Historian

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 06:02 PM (Edited by Sl1200, 13 June 2016 - 06:17 PM.)

that doesn't mean anything?? you can be fans of people who aren't on your label.

excuse that untrue statement. you deserve an upvote for that correction.

Up, Up and Away!