OneHallyu

Why SM Will Never Let Girls' Generation Disband. (LONG POST)

JeongBAEHyun

SM will never let 'Girls' Generation', the group and the brand name disband officially.

Because even looking at it from a financial perspective, SM literally produced the most successful girlgroup worldwide the decade despite only being somewhat relevant on a single continent.

Girls' Generation is the reason why SM is somewhat a bit more respected by the general public, looking back at the 2008-09' times, SM were clearly a successful company but were in the pits in terms of public respect since idols were clearly trash in the public eyes, untalented and just 'pretty faces' (that was the disadvantaged notion that SM created with DB5K and SJ etc.)

Soon, SNSD became a household figure and it turn became the most respected idol figure in all of South Korean history and possibly the biggest and respected entertainment figure in South Korea as well. Many haters wouldn't like to admit it, but in a way, SNSD salvaged SM's image. Even if you as a Korean hated SNSD's music, your still bound to respect and appreciate what they have done for the country's image. (and yes the Kimchi = SNSD notion is actually true) If it weren't for SNSD becoming the biggest group in all of K-pop or the National girlgroup, SM would probably still be seen as some idol-producing joke of a factory.

Consider this, SM won't let the only respected idol group, albeit the most successful idol group of all time in their roster completely fade. Hence, 'disbandment' as the term suggests will never happen. SNSD are the quintessential K-pop group and in a way, the most successful group K-pop and SM has ever seen currently. And SNSD are, for the lack of word, the most respected SM group out there in the eyes of the public (SuJu are just has-beens at this point, EXO are known, but respected ain't the word for it. And SHINee are just known as the talented and kind pretty boys from SM)

'SNSD have declined' lmao bullshit. Clearly SNSD are not as bright as their 2010-2013 years but really? They're still lightyears ahead of girlgroups in terms of everything and are still playing with the boygroup market for years. Even Taeyeon alone is managing to play along with sales in terms of top-tier boygroups. SNSD's touring numbers have never seen better days than now, the individual members have ALL things to do in their spare time (Yoona's China promotions, TaengSicFany's music and fashion careers. SooYul's acting career, Seo's musical career and Hyo and Sunny's DJ and radio gigs)

Unlike some other groups, all of SNSD are actually promoted and have activities to do themselves.  That clearly won't mean disbandment because SNSD are still earning 8 figure salaries yearly from group and individual activities alone. The SNSD brand is still bigger than the members individual brands and the fact that they ACTUALLY HAVE SCHEDULES proves that SNSD and the members in it are still very much profitable.

If anything, SNSD will just go on hiatus after 5 years from now (they're still really going strong, singing better than most idol groups, dancing better than idol groups, earning ratings for cable shows higher than the actual trendy groups' own shows) and will just appear from time to time to record an album and promote for a week or two. (clearly not disbandment)

So before y'all pressed haters come for 'SNSD's disbandment', first, it will never happen and second, if your thinking SM's gonna disband Girls' Generation, no that won't happen because SNSD is literally SM's image and pride. So before fellow SM fans/trolls think about it, think about the success that SNSD imparted on your faves.

/end thread  :chu: 

But it's not only about SM. Some members might get tired of the idol life and decide they want something else for themselves. Some are turning 30 soon, they can't keep singing cringeworthy P-A-R-T-Y songs forever.

this

good to know trash fans make posts like these to try and convince themselves that their faves are superior to those who have disbanded

You say all this and yet the group still don't look like they want to perform 95% of the time

SNSD will not disband until SM has a clear and definite successor to replace them.

/thread

I mean, the members will have to get tired at some point. They're gonna have to disband at some point, but probably not peacefully. When Snsd does somehow disband, it'll probably be will a lot of lawsuits and drama.

What I could see happening, if they don't disband, is an "indefinite hiatus". The group isn't technically breaking up but their won't be any new music from them for a while. Or forever. This is what I can see happening to Super Junior too. Eventually, the members will be doing more individual activities and won't have time for group comebacks.

Also, you've never considered that another member could possibly leave the group or leave the label altogether. But as it has been proven, stability can occur if a group either no members leave the group OR if only one or two members leave. SNSD can still last with Jessica leaving, but if, let's say, Yoona decides to leave the group for acting, it could affect the longevity of the group. My example of this would be KARA.

maybe not outright disband but their releases will get fewer and fewer until they don't do anything anymore and they go off and get married.

you aren't taking into account the girls themselves lol sm ofc probably doesn't want snsd to disband but what about the members?  it's obvious some are tired of the idol life, they're hitting that age where they're most likely 100% starting to think about getting married and having kids.  don't be naive.

good to know trash fans make posts like these to try and convince themselves that their faves are superior to those who have disbanded

You say all this and yet the group still don't look like they want to perform 95% of the time

/thread

the question is: when?

most successful girlgroup worldwide the decade despite only being somewhat relevant on a single continent.

tumblr_n4cf3zzI2F1ttovp4o1_400.gif

Ignoring that, I do think you're right. There is no point in formally disbanding them because they've built a stan base that will support them for a long time and built their public relevance to the point where they'd be impossible to forget. Even if they focus on solo stuff for the next couple years, there will always be sones ready to give full support on group comebacks and brands willing to use them since they are one of the most well known celebrity icons, and they've manage to cement themselves into Korean culture

That being said I feel like they'll eventually just reach a limbo state where they're technically not disbanded, but any sane person could tell they wont be doing group comebacks anytime soon because it will no longer be their priority 

What I could see happening, if they don't disband, is an "indefinite hiatus". The group isn't technically breaking up but their won't be any new music from them for a while. Or forever. This is what I can see happening to Super Junior too. Eventually, the members will be doing more individual activities and won't have time for group comebacks.

Also, you've never considered that another member could possibly leave the group or leave the label altogether. But as it has been proven, stability can occur if a group either no members leave the group OR if only one or two members leave. SNSD can still last with Jessica leaving, but if, let's say, Yoona decides to leave the group for acting, it could affect the longevity of the group. My example of this would be KARA.

I'm a hard core sone and my faves are Tiff and Tae, but if Yoona leaves SNSD will definitely go on this "indefinite hiatus". Taeyeon is very popular, but Yoona is SNSD's bedrock.

I don't think any members will leave though, just start coming back less after 2017 10 year anniversary I guess?

maybe not outright disband but their releases will get fewer and fewer until they don't do anything anymore and they go off and get married.

you aren't taking into account the girls themselves lol sm ofc probably doesn't want snsd to disband but what about the members?  it's obvious some are tired of the idol life, they're hitting that age where they're most likely 100% starting to think about getting married and having kids.  don't be naive.

i know about how the girls clearly feel.

i'm talking about it in SM's perspective. (from what little i see)

oh yeah, the term definitely is indefinite hiatus

because imagine the mess of upvotes and downvotes on Nate and Pann for an article titled 'SNSD disbands'

I'm a hard core sone and my faves are Tiff and Tae, but if Yoona leaves SNSD will definitely go on this "indefinite hiatus". Taeyeon is very popular, but Yoona is SNSD's bedrock.

I don't think any members will leave though, just start coming back less after 2017 10 year anniversary I guess?

but,,, on their 10th year anniversary in Tokyo Dome...

what if Jessica comes back?

SNSD will not disband until SM has a clear and definite successor to replace them.

you aren't taking into account the girls themselves lol sm ofc probably doesn't want snsd to disband but what about the members? it's obvious some are tired of the idol life, they're hitting that age where they're most likely 100% starting to think about getting married and having kids. don't be naive.

^^^^

Tbh I love SNSD and I'll be heartbroken if they disband but let's not be selfish , They probably have different interests now , They probably want to get married and have kids ( Hyoyeon and Sooyoung are examples) let's just enjoy the years left and not think about it too much.

The members themselves won't want to continue. You see with groups the problem is that there are many different people with different interest. That's why groups don't last forever, some of them might be sick of idol life.

I see SM focusing on TTS after SNSD and after TTS just on Taeyeon alone, given how she is the most successful solo they have. She is the Justin Timberlake of that group 

The brand SNSD will live on forever, and I can see them doing a reunion concert in 10 years post-indefinite hiatus. 

Also, SM is waiting to debut a gg that can take SNSD spot. B/c as sad as it is I don't think SM sees Red Velvet as their representative gg for the future. I think they'll wait till White Fox (I think that's their name) debut with the new sm rookie girls. Look how they're pushing Lami, and how those girls are already on tv.

But it's not only about SM. Some members might get tired of the idol life and decide they want something else for themselves. Some are turning 30 soon, they can't keep singing cringeworthy P-A-R-T-Y songs forever.

exactly what i think /dead/

idk why lately SM gave SNSD too many crappy songs. Like, all the good songs belong to Taeyeon and the newbies squad now

Archived