Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Holke

Announcement OneHallyu Press is recruiting!

ohpressrecruitmentheader.png

We are happy to announce that we are looking for new members for our press team! We are seeking some creative people with a passion for Asian entertainment. If you are interested in blogging or vlogging (yes, videos are in our future), the OH!Press team is waiting for you!

At this time, we are very interested in adding Japanese and Chinese entertainment fans, but don't hesitate to apply if you're a Korean entertainment fan! The more, the merrier! Let’s paint OneHallyu red.

JE9xduP.jpg

About OH!Press

​The OH!Press team members work diligently to share exclusive and original content about Asian entertainment through interviews, event recaps, and general information concerning the entertainment industry. By utilizing the OH! Blog, the press team ensures that users are constantly presented with new and interesting content. Their duties include:

• Keeping the OH! Blog updated with original and exclusive content.

• Writing reviews

• Writing editorials on various Asian entertainment artists

• Contacting Asian entertainment agencies and artists for exclusive interviews

• Press coverage for events

Requirements

• Applicants must have writing/video samples or be able to produce some in a timely fashion.
  • Must be able to meet deadlines.
  • All staff members are expected to keep up with any group files and/or spreadsheets. Please keep yourself updated.
  • Staff are expected to cover a wide range of topics. You need to step out of your comfort zone every once in awhile!

Form

Username:
How many hours a day/week are you on OneHallyu?:
Do you have previous writing/video creation experience? If so, please elaborate:
Do you have previous blogging/vlogging experience? If so, on what platform?:
Are you able to post once a week?:
Do you have Skype?:
What topics are you the most passionate about that you may want to cover?:
Please provide at least 2 writing or video samples. Please include links or include them within your application. If you write regularly for a blog or have your own YouTube channel, please include that information and specify what to read/watch.:

Please send your completed application form to @Holke in a private message with the title “OneHallyu Press Applicationâ€! Any pressing concerns can be posted here or messaged to me! Thank you!

*Deadline for all applications is July 1st*

VYIg0Q0.jpg

Here's your own personal ticket to apply and see for yourself ;)

• Like 20

Hire me! Did u see my Hollywood thread titles!?!? Their iKONIC aren't they? 

tumblr_nq99ynAiFd1s5r5o5o6_250.gif

Apply and we'll talk ;)

My 1st writing sample which is all thats needed:

aoa slay betta than ur faves, their album good luck got me all hyped up af, dutty knetz gettin their witch-hunt game on and made aoa fall, is wat they thot they did but nah, u see em sleighin the charts in the circumstances they in, #slayoa.

I'm hired right? I like Block B, i think i'm in!!

H0d7eEi.gif

Needs more Park Kyung.

• Like 1

let me actually apply 4 once

get?url=https%3A%2F%2Flh6.ggpht.com%2F-4

You can apply. Why wouldn't you be able to?

I'm a holder of the Kyung badge. That means instant recruitment, right?

:._.:  You're all exploiting my bias

Imma apply!!! :)

Anticipate!

:ahmagah:

does that mean you guys will prioritise people applying with C/J contents over K ones ?

Not at all! I am just trying to encourage those writers to apply, since our blog doesn't usually feature C and J entertainment and some may not want to apply because of that.

I might apply to japanese contents mmmmm 

If you do, that'd be awesome! But also know that you won't be confined to Japanese entertainment. You can cross over and cover whatever you want ^^!

i finally realized who the guy in your siggy is after listening to this song:

A+ best guy

• Like 1

does this require knowing Korean/Japanese/Chinese? 

I'd apply but I'm a terrible procrastinator and wouldn't get anything done until the last minute lol.  Plus I have no news/press article writing experience.

Nah! It helps if you plan on contacting companies yourself, but it isn't required to be a team member.

If you get any motivation, apply :)

tumblr_o66gmsUSOE1ulv0o3o4_400.gif

Cheer up myself! The second time I'll apply >< TWICE :hurr:

Apply! Now! Go!

I'm incredibly tempted...

I better see that app!
  • Like 1

a question : about the samples, any types would you guys be more interested to read etc

You can send anything you think shows your skills. I've read plenty of school essays in applications. 

I heard holke is an avid reader of smuts esp with park kyung and b-bomb

I really don't like that  :._.:

but I'm confused in the sense that I dont know what to type of 'style' you guys are looking for, I mean the pattern you'd follow in writing a school essay isn't the same for an internet article nor for a fanfiction  :._.:

An essay won't show your unique voice as much as a creative piece, but it does show me other things, such as your grammar skills and verbosity. That's really what I'm looking for in a sample. I'd love to see more creative writing, but I'm not picky when asking for samples.

I forgot to add Zico, i'm so sorry!!

49dd75dccb78c624f1e93c873c39f7a0.jpg

I title this: "Daddy Fest"

Not my dads.

Edited by Holke

The posting once a week thing, is that a must? There will probably be weeks where I'm more than willing to write one article, but there will be weeks I'm too busy to write once a week, is that okay?

That is the minimum requirement. It's a pretty easy goal, considering that we don't have a minimum word count requirement.

Edited by Holke

I'm tempted I love red and now my name will be in red... I've been told I'm a good writer but I'll probably be kicked off the team in September though when school starts again...

I don't know what to do, I don't know what to do

What's cool about the writing requirement is that there is no minimum word count that you have to meet. If you want to give it a shot, apply!

I have a few questions if you don't mind.

Is there any type of compensation? I hate to be that person, but I'm curious. Even if it's something that can count, like a reference for a future job. It'd be very helpful for those looking for internships in journalism and fields like that.

How 'serious' is this job? As in, are users creating opinionated pieces, or are they only fact-based, supported by objective perspective, very professional etc? Basically, is this a legit job or more of a casual thing?

What do you mean by interviews with companies? Not every user who's accepted will receive this opportunity, correct?

What is the purpose of this entire thing? If OH! is getting big interviews with ent. companies, this is because OH! wishes to expand as a brand, right? Or is this more of a "if the opportunity arrises" kind of deal? 

Sorry for all the questions! I'm just a bit unsure of what this position entails. Thanks :-)

No problem!

1. There is no compensation, but past writers have used their works on our blog on their resumes. You can do that if you would like. 

2. It's as serious as you make it. Sometimes you'll see thoughtful pieces. Sometimes you'll see someone's summer music picks. You write about what you want to write about most of the time. And not everyone's voice is professional. Mine, for instance, is more casual.

3. Every user will get the opportunity to interview artists. It has a lot to do with whether or not the company will accept our request. But if you want to contact 50 companies, we'll help you do that.

4. It's mostly for fun.. and to branch out into different platforms as a brand. OneHallyu has something like 50,000 registered users and receives nearly 60 million hits each month. We're huge. So as we move as a brand, you'll see our blog, YouTube, and Facebook accounts become more active.

If you want to ask anything else, let me know ^^!

Sign in to follow this