• Please log in to reply
690 replies to this topic

#1 Suzuran

Suzuran

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted 17 May 2016 - 06:33 PM (Edited by Suzuran, 26 September 2016 - 01:38 PM.)

sNnIphw.jpg

Knowing Bros (Hangul: 아는 형님; RR: Aneun Hyeongnim) is a South Korean television entertainment program distributed by JTBC on every Saturday at 11:00 pm, starting from December 12, 2015. It was broadcast at 10:00 pm but as of January 23, 2016 it has been moved on the 11:00 pm time slot.

The show's current format, introduced in Episode 17 and considered by many viewers as the best change made to the show, starts each show with a classroom scene with the hosts as students welcoming the guests as transfers. Another common feature is the "Three No's" skit (No Concept, No Basis, No Script), during which the recurring cast take turns interacting with a situation presented by the guests (for example, in the case of Red Velvet, dealing with troublesome daughters.)

Members

zM9aGfD.jpg              z4QRWg5.jpg            MFfjEn9.jpg
Lee Sang-Min                                          Min Kyung-hoon                                            Kim Young-chul
Singer/Television Personality                                 Singer                                                                             Comedian

XbaBpKt.jpg                  zqp7odJ.jpg             6CRLanf.jpg
Kang Ho-Dong                                             Kim Hee-chul                                                  Lee Soo-geun
TV Host/Comedian                                                     Singer                                                                            Comedian

MiZtnZE.png
                                                                              Seo Jang-Hoon
                                                                              Basketball Player/Entertainer

Subbed Episodes
OnDemandKorea - Available in America and some surrounding countries
Kshowonline

#2 yoossi

yoossi

Idol

• PipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 06:40 PM (Edited by yoossi, 17 May 2016 - 06:40 PM.)

Hello. We've been discussing it recently in the Infinite Challenge thread, was thinking of making a thread for it too. Only seen the IOI episode so far, but looking forward to checking out the Red Velvet episode.

Sunny is going to be on the episode that airs in a couple of days, so I've been trying to figure out if any SNSD subbing groups will be subbing it.

And here are the subbed episodes:

Ep 21: with Red Velvet - Part 1: The Classroom skit | Part 2: Counseling | Part 3: Dad Skit

Ep 23: with IOI - Part 1 | Part 2

Ep. 1 is also subbed because it aired on Vlive, but that was before format changes etc, so it was quite different.

You should probably add to the OP that the show is also called "Ask Us Anything"

#3 Missandei

Missandei

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
  • LocationHaving a mental break from everything ~

Posted 17 May 2016 - 06:41 PM

I've seen the eps that are subbed, its pretty funny. the red velvet one was hilarious! love the ioi one as well

#4 Suzuran

Suzuran

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted 17 May 2016 - 06:51 PM (Edited by Suzuran, 17 May 2016 - 07:00 PM.)

Hello. We've been discussing it recently in the Infinite Challenge thread, was thinking of making a thread for it too. Only seen the IOI episode so far, but looking forward to checking out the Red Velvet episode.

Sunny is going to be on the episode that airs in a couple of days, so I've been trying to figure out if any SNSD subbing groups will be subbing it.

And here are the subbed episodes:

Ep 21: with Red Velvet - Part 1: The Classroom skit | Part 2: Counseling | Part 3: Dad Skit

Ep 23: with IOI - Part 1 | Part 2

Ep. 1 is also subbed because it aired on Vlive, but that was before format changes etc, so it was quite different.

You should probably add to the OP that the show is also called "Ask Us Anything"

Thanks for the info!

Yeah, I was curious to see if people liked the layout, tone and members cause I really do. Episode 22 is also subbed over at kshowonline, it has Hyoseong from Secret and I think Kyungri from Nine Muses as guests, haven't seen it yet.

Episode 22

I've seen the eps that are subbed, its pretty funny. the red velvet one was hilarious! love the ioi one as well

Yeah, I laughed hard during both episodes. The Produce 101 spoof was hilarious and the banter between the RV girls and the members got me everytime.

#5 skcebl

skcebl

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,764 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 06:55 PM

It's a really funny show. The IOI pillow fight segment was epic.

Is the show produced by SM/C&C?

#6 yoossi

yoossi

Idol

• PipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 07:04 PM

Thanks for the info!

Yeah, I was curious to see if people liked the layout, tone and members cause I really do. Episode 22 is also subbed over at kshowonline, it has Hyoseong from Secret and I think Kyungri from Nine Muses as guests, haven't seen it yet.

Episode 22

Yeah, I laughed hard during both episodes. The Produce 101 spoof was hilarious and the banter between the RV girls and the members got me everytime.

Nice! Didn't know that. Do you know who subbed that episode? I'm assuming it was Secret / 9Muses fansubbers? I would really love it if someone picked up Knowing Bros to sub regularly.

#7 Suzuran

Suzuran

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted 17 May 2016 - 07:14 PM (Edited by Suzuran, 17 May 2016 - 07:23 PM.)

Nice! Didn't know that. Do you know who subbed that episode? I'm assuming it was Secret / 9Muses fansubbers? I would really love it if someone picked up Knowing Bros to sub regularly.

Don't know actually, can't find any info about it on the kshowonline page or through some quick google searching. Might be subbed by the fellows over at kshowonline itself.

I do hope some subbers pick it up, cause I could watch a hell of a lot more of this.

Is the show produced by SM/C&C?

I have no idea. Information in english is pretty scarce.

It has Heechul though so mabye. :imstupid:

#8 WoShiProDevils

WoShiProDevils

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 17 May 2016 - 07:19 PM

This show is hell funny especially the no script part of the show.

#9 bluecottoncandy

bluecottoncandy

No.1

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 03:41 AM

I found out about because of RV and it's hilarious, I haven't watched the ioi one but I've heard good things about it, hope the show rises  :)

#10 Akai Berubetto

Akai Berubetto

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts
  • LocationBeyond the Milky Way, in a distant, far away place

Posted 18 May 2016 - 05:11 AM

the handsome one is quite annoying. I think it's very interesting that those PDs casted fixed members who were involved in big serious controversies/crimes before

#11 Cloud09

Cloud09

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 05:16 AM (Edited by Cloud09, 18 May 2016 - 05:17 AM.)

I'm enjoying it very much! Watched the first ep raw when it came out and was eh... at the format but with this classroom format it has become hilarious! Watched all the subbed ones - RV IOI Kyungri+Hyosung so far and I laughed so hard in all. Can't wait for more to be subbed~ Heechul is hilarious as usual and I like how they go all informal in the show so more witty and funny conversations and gags happen.

#12 coward

coward

Legandairy

• PipPipPip
  • 2,142 posts
  • LocationHi, my name is coward and I'm a kvariety addict.

Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:45 AM (Edited by coward, 18 May 2016 - 01:08 PM.)

I've seen all for eps on KSO and I am in love. I've never been a hodong fan before, but this cast is just all kinds of wonderful fun. I'm loving it and hoping for continued subbing.

The ioi was the best one for me, with the bitchy comments and underhanded compliments. I loved it so much.

Edited to add, has anyone else watched the live Facebook feed? I watched the one for ioi, it was a mess, to many people. But it's nice that they are trying to connect with fans and hype the show through any method. Not sure is watch another one, but thought it might be worth a mention.

#13 Suzuran

Suzuran

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted 27 May 2016 - 02:41 PM (Edited by Suzuran, 27 May 2016 - 02:41 PM.)

It looks like Kshowonline is subbing this. Episode 24 just got released.

Episode 24

#14 yoossi

yoossi

Idol

• PipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 03:22 PM (Edited by yoossi, 06 June 2016 - 03:22 PM.)

EPISODE 27 (w/ TWICE)

Part 1 | Part 2 (in progress)

Normally I would wait to post until the full episode is up, but I have no experience with this subber, so I don't know when part 2 will be done. 

PS! first 5 minutes are not subbed, subbing starts when Twice show up.

#15 coward

coward

Legandairy

• PipPipPip
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 06:48 PM

EPISODE 27 (w/ TWICE)

Part 1 | Part 2 (in progress)

Normally I would wait to post until the full episode is up, but I have no experience with this subber, so I don't know when part 2 will be done. 

PS! first 5 minutes are not subbed, subbing starts when Twice show up.

I wonder if mybuttsubs is going to sub this episode on kso.  I'd rather know what the guys are saying too. 

that said, I watched some of it without subs earlier today and it looks great.  but I am a bit disappointed that they didn't do a skit.   :donthinkso:

#16 yoossi

yoossi

Idol

• PipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:51 PM (Edited by yoossi, 07 June 2016 - 07:51 PM.)

Episode 21 through 27 have been subbed, and looks like this show will be subbed weekly from now on (more info), thanks to OnDemandKorea which is available to stream free, for anyone located in US & Canada.

#17 Jisoo.T

Jisoo.T

Long-term Trainee

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:27 PM

Episode 21 through 27 have been subbed, and looks like this show will be subbed weekly from now on (more info), thanks to OnDemandKorea which is available to stream free, for anyone located in US & Canada.

I am not in US so i can't watch it, do you know how to download their sub. I already have the raw copy of it.

#18 coward

coward

Legandairy

• PipPipPip
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:33 PM

I am not in US so i can't watch it, do you know how to download their sub. I already have the raw copy of it.

you can use a fee vpn extension for your browser.  i use zenmate on opera & dotvpn on chrome (both are free and don't limit the usage amount). you can set your location on those to the US on both of those (or even to hong kong or singapore, respectively, so you directly access viu).  I know not everyone is interested in a vpn, but it's always an option if you can't download.

#19 yoossi

yoossi

Idol

• PipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:45 PM (Edited by yoossi, 07 June 2016 - 08:46 PM.)

As I've typed further down in my post, VPN is often best for giving something back to the subbers. Since you already have the raw, you can click the 'more info' link in my previous post, and you should find what you are looking for.

you can use a fee vpn extension for your browser.  i use zenmate on opera & dotvpn on chrome (both are free and don't limit the usage amount). you can set your location on those to the US on both of those (or even to hong kong or singapore, respectively, so you directly access viu).  I know not everyone is interested in a vpn, but it's always an option if you can't download.

VPN really is the best choice. If you watch at OnDemandKorea who subs the show, and maybe turn off adblock if you use it, they'll not only see that the show is popular, but they will make a little money off it, so the free option will remain available for us.

#20 Hao

Hao

不要擔心

• PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Locationa flowery path

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:53 PM

Really been enjoying this show. Gives a chance for the idols to show off their variety chops. Only seen the RV, I.O.I, and Twice episodes though.. will watch more!! :smile:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Knowing Brother, Heechul, Kang Ho Dong, Variety

Up, Up and Away!