OneHallyu

Jimin & Seolhyun deflection: is it really a witch hunt?

____shawnee

I see a lot of people defending them (fine) and also saying the reaction is unreasonable (fine) have your opinions...

I'm really appalled to see AsianJunkie point a finger at ifans and say they are condoning or supporting any death threats or terrible name calling they receive by acknowledging Jimin's mistake.

To call out their mistakes and to say that criticism is warranted is not condoning any of those things. The crazy part is people acting like death threats and slut shaming in the face of controversy is unique to this situation. Especially since those comments are in the minority. I feel like people are just using that as an excuse to paint Jimin as a victim rather than someone who messed up.

And then try to make knetz out to be insane by suggesting Seolhyun didn't say anything.

Also, I remember people shitting on Raven for this

And no one questioned all the dragging and slander she got, even though messing up your words and saying "continent" instead of "country" is quite a normal thing to do. You can see even the interviewer didn't catch her mistake.

They did screw up,but to send death threats is too much

My friends have actually no shit about our history and make fun of our Civil war which is a big thing about our country and is a theme that is discussed even today and it is very sensitive topic

It isn't okay if they didn't know it,yes they screw up a big time about not knowing shit about their country,but death threats? Then am I supossed to wish my friends a death because they don't know that? Okay that is going overbroad,if you are dumb okay I'm not going to wish you death for that

The crazy part is people acting like death threats and slut shaming in the face of controversy is unique to this situation. Especially since those comments are in the minority. I feel like people are just using that as an excuse to paint Jimin as a victim rather than someone who messed up.

I've been thinking this as well. Most of the comments i've seen are calling them dumb asses, i'm suspecting that is majority of how knetz think- obviously not the death threats that ALL celebs receive, especially in scandals- from east to west.

it's sorta beginning to be a witch hunt but i don't appreciate the defending from the fans, especially ones with the defense of "they're singers!!!!! Not smartie pants!!!" Like...... what? And yeah i don't like the slut shaming but that doesn't mean jimin isn't in the wrong

like I said a million times before. They made a mistake due to ignorance and they apologized. The problem is that some knetz and inetz are refusing to hear reason. Ignorance is one thing, a crime is another. The latest thing is that people say they were mocking national heroes. Now when you actually watch the clip, Seolhyun never says a word. However, she actually gets called out for making fun more than Jimin. Now Jimin says something that the staff is telling her, what she said was wrong but she didnt do it to mock it. She repeated what she was being told and laughed bc she was clueless. 

Knetz dismissing a professor talking about the issue and inetz saying that professor is media play of fnc is just plain ridiculous. It is obvious this is going beyond the scrutiny for their lack of knowledge and into witch hunt territory. Is it the first time a group has been witch hunted? Nope and it probably wont be the last. However, this still doesnt excuse this type of behavior. 

What I want to know is why does it take another Kpop blog to be the "voice of reason" for things...like can fans not analyze issues themselves or...

I feel like it's too much either-or when it comes to Kpop. Either you're 100% with cherry-picked netizen comments (and therefore called delulu and riding the hate bandwagon), or you're an I-fan who thinks of yourself as "better" without giving an ounce of thought to what people of that culture could have taken it as.

I read the tl;dr version and he's right in that regard; you can criticize without wanting to drag them to hell for all eternity. But I hate that anyone who feels like "yeah, they fucked up" is considered a hater with ill intentions.

People are over reacting, the death threats, etc. is way over the top. Criticism is fine but some people take it too far.

Also, Asianjunkie is shit and biased, I don't give a fuck about their opinion because I think they are a terrible human being, they do not have the morals to pretend they are being the voice of reason now. I don't know if Seolhyun or Jimin is their fav or whatever their motive is but when you go around acting like a jackass to other peoples faves no one is going to take you seriously when defending someone.

Anyway, I'm sure all their hate articles they will masquerade as satire and jokes but now they want to be logical and civil, sure.

Another thing is OP is also a shit stirrer much like Asianjunkie.

GET THAT RELEVANCY  :ahmagah: :ahmagah: :ahmagah:

LOL tbh this case is giving me a headache. I dont know exactly where OP is getting at but its clear to me we are way past the "intial outrage" which was completely justified and understandable. Now knetz are reaching for the stars to bring them down despite their sincere apologies. The comments on Seolhyun IG reached 10k and its basically ruthless and harsh comments insulting her, telling her to leave SK and so on...how extra? They are now trying to dig up anything they consider as "controversial" to end her career which shows this has nothing to do with history anymore. And ifans arent any better with the name calling, its just as bad. The situation is just sad and infuriating at the same time.

like I said a million times before. They made a mistake due to ignorance and they apologized. The problem is that some knetz and inetz are refusing to hear reason. Ignorance is one thing, a crime is another. The latest thing is that people say they were mocking national heroes. Now when you actually watch the clip, Seolhyun never says a word. However, she actually gets called out for making fun more than Jimin. Now Jimin says something that the staff is telling her, what she said was wrong but she didnt do it to mock it. She repeated what she was being told and laughed bc she was clueless. 

Knetz dismissing a professor talking about the issue and inetz saying that professor is media play of fnc is just plain ridiculous. It is obvious this is going beyond the scrutiny for their lack of knowledge and into witch hunt territory. Is it the first time a group has been witch hunted? Nope and it probably wont be the last. However, this still doesnt excuse this type of behavior. 

thank you oscar-clap.gif

LMAO why am I tagged? :lol:

you are popular sis. thank you for clearing up the issue for Seolhyun. i hope it does not ruin their comeback the song is amazing

must be a glitch

untrue

Maybe because you quoted AJ, I made a thread about him earlier.

you are popular sis. thank you for clearing up the issue for Seolhyun. i hope it does not ruin their comeback the song is amazing

Np. And hopefully they do well. I will wait in the morning to see how they do, they are #1 on all charts except Melon so I hope the GP will give the song a chance :rlytearpls:

I am sorry but have any of the people defending the stupidity have had any freedom fighters in their country who have lost their lives for the cause? AJ seems to think inetz can't think for themselves and can't put themselves in Korean netizen's shoes. It is a pretty shitty thing to do to not recognize freedom fighters. In my country the person would probably need police protection. Because imagine having your ancestors tortured, raped and live in poverty for decades and someone spent all their 'short' lives to fight for the freedom and then not a few decades later few dumb girls make it seem as if they are no big deal  :rolleyes:

I don't agree with the death threats at all (I am sure these are just antis trying to use cover of this situation to express their ugliness) but criticizing them is not a witch hunt. And I say this as someone who doesn't know anything about Seolhyun.

Archived