Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

____shawnee

Tiffany talks about her solo and being mainstream

They're talking about Jessi from Unpretty Rapstar. Trolling with clickbait, seriously?

queen of mainstream acceptance

I'm surprised she thinks her music is most like Selena Gomez's because I was honestly getting some EMOTION teas from her previews, mostly from the synths and 80s beat.

Also why was she speaking in English to JYP lol

Also why was she speaking in English to JYP lol

ikr old bitty

Lol why does she randomly burst into english

It's cute tho

I love this response ppl r always shitting on pop music and stars, like who gaf, pop music is not to be taken seriously just enjoy the music sis.

I could totally see Jessi saying that to her, Jessi is kinda like a hip hop hispter(?) & Tiffany is like those starbucks loving american girls.

Music is subjective overall, there's really no such thing as bad music genre and good music genre.

She sounds pretentious yet vapid...now that isn't easy

I mean you manage to do it all the time so it can't be that difficult 

that clickbait though :imstupid:

They're talking about Jessi from Unpretty Rapstar. Trolling with clickbait, seriously?

that clickbait though  :imstupid:

But Jessi is on the show and one her best friends, so I guess she was using her as an example that even her best friends judge her for being pop.

I mean you manage to do it all the time so it can't be that difficult 

Well thanks for keeping tabs on me and offering that reality check

Lol why does she randomly burst into english

It's cute tho

When she talks and wants to explain something so.etimes she has a hard time doing it in Korean so she switches to English. She speeks English way more even with snsd than peoe think

You can tell Miyoung is from Cali by the way she speaks lol, it's so cute, yet cringey. 

Did jyp understand her??

Yes, JYP understands English

Did jyp understand her??

Yeah JYP speaks pretty fluent English c: 

Kinda rude of her to be speaking English at a table full of people who don't understand what she's saying.  It felt like just a moment where she was trying to remind people that she can indeed speak it fluently.  I know JYP understood her, and Jessi did as well but they weren't the only one's at the table.  She's been in Korea long enough to know how to say what she just said in Korean considering  it wasn't that complicated of a statement and it's talking about the industry she's in so the words shouldn't be unfamiliar to her.

Other than that, I don't think there's anything wrong with liking mainstream music. That's what sales.  I'm looking forward to what he music will sound like.

Kinda rude of her to be speaking English at a table full of people who don't understand what she's saying.  It felt like just a moment where she was trying to remind people that she can indeed speak it fluently.  I know JYP understood her, and Jessi did as well but they weren't the only one's at the table.  She's been in Korea long enough to know how to say what she just said in Korean considering  it wasn't that complicated of a statement and it's talking about the industry she's in so the words shouldn't be unfamiliar to her.

Other than that, I don't think there's anything wrong with liking mainstream music. That's what sales.  I'm looking forward to what he music will sound like.

Tiffany has stated multiple times that Korean is her second language and that she feels much more confident expressing her thoughts in English. She only started formally learning how to speak Korean when she moved to Korea (age 14/15). 

This subject was specifically difficult for her to convey in Korean most likely bc it's much more of an "issue" in the western music industry. Being mainstream in Korea isn't even something that people bat a lash at, but in the west it's used as an insult sometimes and Tiffany just wanted to clarify that she doesn't care about being called mainstream.

It wasn't rude of her. Why international netz are intent on painting Tiffany as this show-off attention seeker is beyond me.

Tiffany has stated multiple times that Korean is her second language and that she feels much more confident expressing her thoughts in English. She only started formally learning how to speak Korean when she moved to Korea (age 14/15). 

This subject was specifically difficult for her to convey in Korean most likely bc it's much more of an "issue" in the western music industry. Being mainstream in Korea isn't even something that people bat a lash at, but in the west it's used as an insult sometimes and Tiffany just wanted to clarify that she doesn't care about being called mainstream.

It wasn't rude of her. Why international netz are intent on painting Tiffany as this show-off attention seeker is beyond me.

yeah yeah.

That's long enough to know enough Korean to communicate.  Especially considering she wasn't really expressing anything that complicated in the first place.  It'd be different if she was talking about an unfamiliar topic but the music industry is how she earns her money and it's unlikely she doesn't know enough Korean to say "I like making mainstream music and my music sounds the closest to Selena Gomez".  What would she have said had the mentor not spoken English? Mainstream music is the same as saying trendy music which exists in every music industry including Korea and people do bat an eyelash at the trendy music in Korea.  Why do you think idols are looked down on so often?  

I'm not saying she knows everything, I'm sure there are still some things she doesn't know.  I'm just saying in that moment it was about showing off her English and considering there were more none English speakers than those who understand, it was rather rude.  JYP who understood her responded in Korean (as he should have) so that the others were included and it didn't become just a conversation 3 people understood.

Just because I think that moment was rude doesn't mean I think her overall personality is rude.  I'm just speaking about that one moment.

don't see how this is rude but go tiffany