OP: "Most Korean songs use a 4/4 beat while Winner's Baby Baby is a 6/8 beat. They also picked the 6/8 with a Blues minor genre as their title song. It didn't seem out of place at all and I felt that it was refreshing and new. From a musical standpoint, it's a song that can be highly regarded with the fact that they went with a new genre. The song isn't about a love story either. The appealing lyrics about 'loneliness' was memorable. It was composed by Nam Taehyun and the lyrics were written by Nam Taehyun, Song Mino, and Lee Seunghoon.
They hit the roof with a blues genre and their song charting was great too.
Proud as a fan!"
Post: A song with its own record among our country's idol title songs [+218, -43]
Source: Pann | 2016.05.07
1. [+76, -9] What's one of a kind about Winner among idol groups is the fact that three out of five members are excellent composers. They're not just slightly dipping their toes into composing either, they're actually the main who personally do all the composing, producing, and even arrangements. Nam Taehyun's 'Baby Baby' is considered well-made among music insiders and Song Mino's most recent 'Mother' on 'Hip Hop Nation' was great enough to get Yang Hyun Suk excited and release it digitally. They're amazing
2. [+71, -7] Wow, I'm a fan and I didn't even know it was a 6/8 beat. God-Namtae God-Taehyun
3. [+69, -6] I just found out it was self-composed.. Sentimental was great too but I wish Baby Baby got more love ㅠ
4. [+37, 0] When the songs first came out, I honestly hoped for them to push 'Baby Baby' more ㅠㅠㅠㅠ But since the music video's 19+.... so they pushed Sentimental. Anyway, all the songs on the E album are good! Especially Nam Taehyun's title songs so I hope he doesn't worry too much ㅠㅠ My heart hurt when I heard him worrying about how the song would do since it was his composition.. it's the best!
5. [+36, 0] What's even more amazing is that he took part in writing the lyrics, composing, and arranging the song. Amazing of Nam Taehyun ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
6. [+34, 0] This song should be looked over again... there aren't a lot of songs exclusively composed by an idol so this is really amazing... plus it's their second album now ㅠ I wonder how hard they must've worked to make the songs ㅠㅠㅠ I bet there was a lot of pressure and on top of that to have it be your own composed song ㅠㅠ But as a male idol group to hit the roof with a blues song, why do they have to hear that they didn't do well just because they couldn't hold the place for long??? I think Winner and Nam Taehyun are doing very well~
7. [+33, 0] I like Sentimental more than Baby Baby to be honest ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ It's a song that makes you want to grab a drink alone at night... They couldn't hold their place in the charts for that long but isn't it amazing for them to hit #1 in itself... especially if you take into account that the music video is 19+. Grr, anyway I'm proud of Winner
8. [+32, 0] Everyone, you saw a male idol group hit the Melon roof with a 6/8 beat blues song ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
9. [+30, 0] Awesome of you Nam Taehyun
10. [+29, 0] What makes it worthy to say 'God-Taehyun' is it hasn't been that long since he learned about the Blues genre and he ended up composing one of it ㅋㅋㅋ It's a song where he participated in the arrangement process too ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ At 23 years old on top of doing Blues songs, music critics have praised him for making a great song... but the only one who doesn't know it is himself
11. [+28, 0] What tears my heart is a really confident kid like Taehyun actually lost some of his confidence because of this, you know? The genre's minor and the music video was 19+ so it's possible for the song to be buried but it still hit the roof and got #1.. At their event, the MC asked what Winner's secret was to captivating people and Nam Taehyun replied that he couldn't captivate a lot of people... I think he lost a lot of his confidence. He was worried on Actor School too ㅠ
12. [+28, 0] He's really 'God-Taehyun'. His solo song 'I'm Young' is great too, so much so that he doesn't seem to be an idol. I feel like he'll grow into an artist. Also, there's 4 Winner members who are able to compose with 1 who has a great ear for public-friendly songs and one who makes choreographies. The fact that they're able to do these things by themselves makes me satisfied and proud. Ha, proud as a Winner fan right now. I feel like I should just call them God-nner from now on
13. [+28, 0] Baby Baby and Colour Ring are awesome songs to listen to on a rainy day.