Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo

[YG Press] [KPKF] [Pann] Winner gets praised for 'Baby Baby' and Nam Taehyun's composition skills

taehyun winner yg yg press kpkf

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
40 replies to this topic

#1 mechuri

mechuri

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,763 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 08:29 PM (Edited by mechuri, 07 May 2016 - 10:15 PM.)

[Pann] Winner gets praised for 'Baby Baby' and Nam Taehyun's composition skills

download.jpgfb_img_1462631049763.jpg

fb_img_1454261071679.jph.jpg

fb_img_1462631051760%2B%25281%2529.jpg

OP: "Most Korean songs use a 4/4 beat while Winner's Baby Baby is a 6/8 beat.  They also picked the 6/8 with a Blues minor genre as their title song.  It didn't seem out of place at all and I felt that it was refreshing and new.  From a musical standpoint, it's a song that can be highly regarded with the fact that they went with a new genre.  The song isn't about a love story either.  The appealing lyrics about 'loneliness' was memorable.  It was composed by Nam Taehyun and the lyrics were written by Nam Taehyun, Song Mino, and Lee Seunghoon.

They hit the roof with a blues genre and their song charting was great too.

Proud as a fan!"

natepann1260896517%2B%25281%2529.jpg
natepann-1736183086.jpg

Post: A song with its own record among our country's idol title songs [+218, -43] 
Source: Pann | 2016.05.07

1. [+76, -9]  What's one of a kind about Winner among idol groups is the fact that three out of five members are excellent composers.  They're not just slightly dipping their toes into composing either, they're actually the main who personally do all the composing, producing, and even arrangements.  Nam Taehyun's 'Baby Baby' is considered well-made among music insiders and Song Mino's most recent 'Mother' on 'Hip Hop Nation' was great enough to get Yang Hyun Suk excited and release it digitally.  They're amazing

c1.gif

2. [+71, -7]  Wow, I'm a fan and I didn't even know it was a 6/8 beat.  God-Namtae God-Taehyun

3. [+69, -6]  I just found out it was self-composed.. Sentimental was great too but I wish Baby Baby got more love ㅠ

4. [+37, 0]  When the songs first came out, I honestly hoped for them to push 'Baby Baby' more ㅠㅠㅠㅠ But since the music video's 19+.... so they pushed Sentimental.  Anyway, all the songs on the E album are good!  Especially Nam Taehyun's title songs so I hope he doesn't worry too much ㅠㅠ My heart hurt when I heard him worrying about how the song would do since it was his composition.. it's the best!

5. [+36, 0]  What's even more amazing is that he took part in writing the lyrics, composing, and arranging the song.  Amazing of Nam Taehyun ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

6. [+34, 0]  This song should be looked over again... there aren't a lot of songs exclusively composed by an idol so this is really amazing... plus it's their second album now ㅠ I wonder how hard they must've worked to make the songs ㅠㅠㅠ I bet there was a lot of pressure and on top of that to have it be your own composed song ㅠㅠ But as a male idol group to hit the roof with a blues song, why do they have to hear that they didn't do well just because they couldn't hold the place for long???  I think Winner and Nam Taehyun are doing very well~

7. [+33, 0]  I like Sentimental more than Baby Baby to be honest ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ It's a song that makes you want to grab a drink alone at night... They couldn't hold their place in the charts for that long but isn't it amazing for them to hit #1 in itself... especially if you take into account that the music video is 19+.  Grr, anyway I'm proud of Winner

8. [+32, 0]  Everyone, you saw a male idol group hit the Melon roof with a 6/8 beat blues song ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

9. [+30, 0]  Awesome of you Nam Taehyun

natepann99766186.gif

10. [+29, 0]  What makes it worthy to say 'God-Taehyun' is it hasn't been that long since he learned about the Blues genre and he ended up composing one of it ㅋㅋㅋ It's a song where he participated in the arrangement process too ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ At 23 years old on top of doing Blues songs, music critics have praised him for making a great song... but the only one who doesn't know it is himself

11. [+28, 0]  What tears my heart is a really confident kid like Taehyun actually lost some of his confidence because of this, you know?  The genre's minor and the music video was 19+ so it's possible for the song to be buried but it still hit the roof and got #1.. At their event, the MC asked what Winner's secret was to captivating people and Nam Taehyun replied that he couldn't captivate a lot of people... I think he lost a lot of his confidence.  He was worried on Actor School too ㅠ

12. [+28, 0]  He's really 'God-Taehyun'.  His solo song 'I'm Young' is great too, so much so that he doesn't seem to be an idol.  I feel like he'll grow into an artist.  Also, there's 4 Winner members who are able to compose with 1 who has a great ear for public-friendly songs and one who makes choreographies.  The fact that they're able to do these things by themselves makes me satisfied and proud.  Ha, proud as a Winner fan right now.  I feel like I should just call them God-nner from now on

13126853_565693150260278_1196159223_n.jp

13. [+28, 0]  Baby Baby and Colour Ring are awesome songs to listen to on a rainy day.

948a93ce9b61af3968abf70fcfbc50c2.gif

Minor aspects of Winner's 'Baby Baby'

May 7, 2016

1.png

Winner's 'Baby Baby' is one of the rare songs with 6/8 beats. Most Korean songs including idol songs are 4/4. 8/6 and 4/3 are extremely rare. The song was also a minor genre 'blues', but they still chose it as their title track.

2.png

-

Pann: The song with a unique record among title tracks

1. [+92, -11] Winner is a unique idol group because out of the five members, three members are really good at composing. It's not like they let a veteran composer do most work, they're the main composers and they even rearrange their music. Taehyun composed Baby Baby and it's approved by music experts. Even Yang Hyun Suk is thrilled to release the digital track of Song Mino's 'Mom'.

2. [+94, -9] Wow, I'm a fan but I didn't know that the song was 8/6 beats. God Namtae, God Taehyun.

3. [+91, -9] I recently found out that it was solely composed by him. I also like Sentimental but I also hope Baby Baby would be more recognized ㅠㅠ

4. [+45, -0] Honestly, when the song was released, I was hoping that they'd promote Baby Baby more ㅠㅠ The music video is +19, so... They promoted Sentimental more at the end. The songs in E album are all good! Namtae's title tracks are really good, I hope he stops being worried ㅠㅠ I felt bad when he said he was worried about his title track not doing well.. It's good!

5. [+44, -0] What's more amazing is that Taehyun composed, wrote, and rearranged the song ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

6. [+41, -0] It honestly needs to be reevaluated... I'm indeed a fan but it's not easy to see a song solely composed by an idol. It's also their second album, he must've worked so hard and felt pressured ㅠㅠ Why do they need to be called a flop just because they didn't last long after hitting the roof with a blues song? Winner and Taehyun, you guys are still doing well~

7. [+39, -0] A male idol hit the Melon roof with a 8/6 beat blues song ㅠㅠ

8. [+38, -0] I personally prefer Baby Baby over Sentimental ㅠㅠ It's really good, it makes me want to drink alone in the night. It didn't stay long on the chart because of its minor genre, but they won #1 and it's a big achievement. The fact that they made the music video +19 makes me upset but I'm proud of Winner.

9. [+38, -0] Nam Taehyun's cool

10. [+37, -0] What's more upsetting is that Taehyun used to be so confident but he lost his confidence. The song could've been buried due to its minor genre and +19 music video, but it still managed to hit the roof and won #1. At an event in Incheon, the MC asked, "How did you manage to capture people's attention?" and Namtae answered, "I didn't capture much." He's not confident anymore. He was also worried on Actor School ㅠㅠ

#2 Extremedivas

Extremedivas

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 08:33 PM

?format=1000wwpid-gamechangers.png

#3 HugeBoi Minos Wife

HugeBoi Minos Wife

#EVERYD4Y

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,947 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 08:37 PM (Edited by HugeBoi Minos Wife, 07 May 2016 - 08:40 PM.)

Wow this warms my heart. Taehyun is an amazing composer and he's still young. I think he has a bright future as a composer but yes, he lost a lot of confidence and I bet he was harshly criticized. We always talk about how hipster he is but honestly his musicality is essential to Winner sound. He has the most diverse musical knowledge among the 5 of them, reason why he's able to come out with such refreshing songs. Be more confident, Taehyun!

#4 thewildrose

thewildrose

LurkerCrew

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,513 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 08:38 PM (Edited by thewildrose, 07 May 2016 - 08:50 PM.)

A little appreciation :)

eventhough i don't like word "God Taehyun", but Baby Baby is such a great song. Please give it try :)

#5 allmine

allmine

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 08:51 PM

Winner is not an idol for me. They're an artist. Seriously, their music impress me to the point I can't believe it was composed by a group that just debuted 2 years ago.

#6 tropicamong

tropicamong

winnercomeback

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,209 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 08:53 PM (Edited by fayee, 07 May 2016 - 08:55 PM.)

yes Nammie and Winner are really talented.

It was so refreshing and nice seeing Winner tackle the blues genre in such a different way and it was brilliant. Loved the song so much. Nammie's musicality is no joke and putting everyones own distinct style from Mino's awesome hip hop composition, Yoon's brilliant acoustic/rock jams, and hoon's choreography and lyrical skills. Winner is just AMAZING and I hope they get the recognition and success they deserve as they continue to work hard.

LOVE THEM SO MUCH. HOW COULD YOU NOT.

Cha_rgbU4AAo69s.jpg

Nammie definitely lost a lot of confidence but I hope he doesnt let that deter him too much. I want him to continue making music he likes. <3

PRICKED is also another gem. It was also praised critically. <3 It was included in a list of top songs filled with indie artists. Hence why some ICs like to joke that Winner is YG's indie band. LOL.

#7 Foodielove

Foodielove

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 08:55 PM

Taehyun used Blue for Baby Baby and Motown for Sentimental.

Both genre are fairly new in KPOP but Taehyun and WINNER experimented them anyway.

This is why I love WINNER, they're so sophisticated from their choice of music to their performance style.

No group in recent year is like WINNER. They're a genre of their own  :smile:

#8 tropicamong

tropicamong

winnercomeback

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,209 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 09:05 PM

PLUS Nammie also is credited for the keyboard for Baby Baby. 

I love how involved he is in the music. 

ChmqmOUUoAAEL_3.jpg

#9 Kali

Kali

#EXITSQUAD

• PipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 09:05 PM (Edited by Kali, 07 May 2016 - 09:05 PM.)

Absolute favourite Winner composer. Taehyun's composition are always my favourites. He really seems to have figured out how to write for the entire group while still keeping his uniqueness.

Can't wait to hear more stuff from him.

Plus, his hopefully solo album (please!) is the one I'm anticipating the most out of the 5 of them.

#10 HugeBoi Minos Wife

HugeBoi Minos Wife

#EVERYD4Y

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,947 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 09:11 PM

PLUS Nammie also is credited for the keyboard for Baby Baby. 

I love how involved he is in the music. 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ChmqmOUUoAAE...

I only learned about it as of late but yeah..Bae talent is overflowing!!!

#11 Foodielove

Foodielove

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 09:15 PM

In fact WINNER have 3/5 main composers whose strengths lie at different genres and 4/5 lyricists and a major choreographers for all the dance  :chu:

#12 Annona

Annona

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 09:17 PM

Good music is not always they who charted high in melon..
Personally, I love WINNER's music because it has classy feel, rather than noisy song

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Tapatalk

#13 tropicamong

tropicamong

winnercomeback

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,209 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 09:29 PM

In fact WINNER have 3/5 main composers whose strengths lie at different genres and 4/5 lyricists and a major choreographers for all the dance  :chu:

dont forget they all rap and sing to.  :har:  :har:  Naminem gonna go places I tell you. 

#14 q2p2t

q2p2t

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 09:34 PM

About time  :rlytearpls:

#15 HugeBoi Minos Wife

HugeBoi Minos Wife

#EVERYD4Y

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,947 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 09:34 PM (Edited by HugeBoi Minos Wife, 07 May 2016 - 09:34 PM.)

dont forget they all rap and sing to.  :har:  :har:  Naminem gonna go places I tell you. 

NamDragon is my fave :hurr:

Spoiler

#16 tropicamong

tropicamong

winnercomeback

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,209 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 09:38 PM

NamDragon is my fave :hurr:

nah

j-dragon is better.

Spoiler

:hoplz:

#17 HugeBoi Minos Wife

HugeBoi Minos Wife

#EVERYD4Y

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,947 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 09:41 PM

nah

j-dragon is better.

:hoplz:

lol you got me there. Jinwoo crooked stage was iconic, I´ll give you this one :hehe:

#18 HinoTurki

HinoTurki

#EXITSQUAD

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 10:10 PM

I'm so proud of them, musically what they write is exactly my taste and I love them for this

#19 lazyglasses

lazyglasses

Idol

• PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 10:28 PM

baby baby is my most played track from their exit album, its just nice to listen to when you're relaxing and feeling emo. my brother who doesn't even listen to kpop at all always sing along to the baby baby part whenever he hears it and he likes it best out of all the their songs.

i hope they continue making music they want and not succumb to what the public wants or what's trending at the moment.

and i prefer if they also continue the content of their music to be relatable to everyone because i think that's one of the charms of their music(smile again, go up etc.).its not that i don't want them to make love or break up songs but i think this themes are so overused in songs these days.

#20 Bravesoul

Bravesoul

Idol

• PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 10:39 PM

Winner is not an idol for me. They're an artist. Seriously, their music impress me to the point I can't believe it was composed by a group that just debuted 2 years ago.

THIS

Up, Up and Away!