OneHallyu

Do you think it's okay to wear knock-off designer goods?

____shawnee

65 members have voted

1. 1. Is it okay to wear fake Gucci?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Would you wear fake Versace?

• Yes
    • No

Personally I don't care, if you want to spend that much money on a purse or peice of clothing go ahead, but I also understand if you're not willing to and would rather opt for the cheaper option. What I don't like is when people go around acting all high and mighty thinking that they can look down on others just because they have the real thing.

i would never purposely go out looking for a knockoff of something, i genuinely dont care about brands like that

but if i found something cute and bought and later found out, i dont see the issue 

You can't really compare the examples you chose of idols wearing inspired/fake designer clothing pieces made by their stylists to actual knockoff designer goods you'd find on the streets of NYC. The first have been specifically made by those stylists for those groups, that's it. The idols don't have a choice in the matter. The latter are being sold so cheaply to the masses in bulk so they are likely being mass-produced in sweatshops.

But either way, you're taking someone's design they worked hard to create and passing it off as something it's not. In my opinion it is a bit disrespectful to the original designers. And the quality is often terrible to boot. In the end, I just don't see what type of satisfaction people get from wearing knockoffs.

i buy everything i own from consignment stores and i learned who alexander mcqueen was from a nicki minaj song so i guess that tells you how i feel about designer goods :lol:

i'm sure gucci and versace are crying into their money over it

who knows? maybe they are.

Exactly, if you're charging $500 for a $20 shirt you deserve to have your shit knocked off. 

it's their design, they can charge whatever they want... you can't put a price on art

Archived