OneHallyu

Ask The Events Team Thread [FAQ in the OP]

Since it is a self ban it is hard to redistribute as those items are theirs even for rings we do not give away the rings we just make the idols available but the ring is still with that user if they ever decide to comeback

Also just giving them away does not have much merit

Oh, I thought y’all could get an unban on them from admin and strip away the uniques and rings after a certain time of the user being self-banned.

I do agree that they can’t just be given away, that would be madness.

Ya playa haters you should love yourself…brr

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

des99—one unique last online march 26 2017, last post may 10 2014 yunho's wife—one unique last post 23 jun 2013 hanah- —one unique last active jun 14 2017, last post 05 july 2016 basic—one

OH! I FORGOT!   YOU WANNA KNOW WHAT THIS PERSON HAD TO DO TO GET A UNIQUE????????   https://onehallyu.com/topic/16777-and-the-winner-is-1st-photography-contest-winners-announcement/   SHE HAD TO

ok hear me out, but basically for awards season there were like 100 anime badge suggestions even tho it was limited 2 per user, and only 10 will make it, because basically that's our only way to earn

Posted Images

An anime/games unique is still a unique So that counts as the once or twice a year

This year we had the fandom wars one as it counts as 2017 event as that is when it started even if it ended in 2018. So the unique for that will count as a 2017 unique. There will be opportunities in 2018 to win uniques

As i stated the rules of unique not been transferable, or up for give away is a rule that is been in place since forever and that is not an events team decision.

A ring is considered more of an item while a unique award is well an award. That is why the rules are different

Regarding your 2013 those were never my words and i would never tell a user to fuck themselves as that is not my personality and you as someone that has worked with me are aware of that. 

nah, you're nitpicking. there was an event in may 2016 and the unique for this event is probably gonna be given in february 2018

i get that this unique rules are "tradition" but. EVERYONE wants this except you. there's no one that DOESN'T want more opportunities to gain a unique. the people who haven't been on since 2013 obviously don't care about this website or the concept of unique awards at all lol. i seriously don't get what's the big deal about giving uniques like 4 times a year. it's not a big deal to do that.

the rules can be changed. rules change all the time, traditions change over time. when there was uniques given in 2013 i understand having those rules. but now, it just makes no sense. we had a "rant about user thread" and that was "tradition." we had a bashing thread and that was "tradition." traditions can and should be changed to fit new scenarios.

you're not literally saying the words "fuck you" but honestly that's kind of what it feels like. i know i've worked with you before. but as a user now i feel like you don't care about me or any other user to change any of these things regarding plats, rings, or uniques. i just don't get it tbh.

• Like 9
  • Dislike 1

thank you for addressing the anime badge thing

i am just wondering if anything can be done on plats because it seems everyone is aware that there is a problem with how they are being handled, and it seems everyone agrees the economy is a bit stale

just looking at the spread sheet there are users with over 60 plats, one even with 120+ plats, and the top prize is 60 plats i think, idk if there are many people who physically own plats to have over 60 tho. I think one easy thing to implement may be to limit the number of plats a user can hold onto at a time to 60 plats. If people don't plan to use them, then holding onto them like this kind of ruins things for those who want plats to actually use them for something.

also idk how this would go, but maybe possibly an expiry on plats somehow, that people have a certain time to use them. That would be unfair to those who are just taking a while to gain something then, so maybe a plat bank where people can hold there plats without expiry, but once put there means that they have placed them there on the guarantee that they are planning to use them rather than just hold them. If they back out then the plats have to be sold off. This idea is a bit messy maybe, but idk if you can maybe work with the concept or something to think of something better?

and idk maybe a cap on prizes too, there are some people with multiple rings etc. and still winning more stuff/plats whereas there are others who want stuff and are still active in the events community are struggling to earn anything, it would be nice if things could be spread around a bit more. I know there is like a limit on 4 rings and stuff like that already but yeah, it just feels a little unbalanced in a way and seeing people who have nothing trying so hard to get something and barely being able to do in this economy....

cos its just like if we are aware there is a problem, and that a large proportion of the community involved with this is unsatisfied, I think there should at least be an attempt made to try to fix things rather than just be letting it go on and having more and more people unsatisfied.

and the fact that even today people were willing to buy plats for 400k won cos they have basically no other way to realistically obtain them is more than enough to see this problem is getting out of hand and needs to be addressed

all in all i think being a bit more generous cant hurt too much? if everyday users can feel like they may be able to earn something they are more likely to join in, and if problems with hoarding is stopped then earning more isnt a problem cos things cant be overloaded on one person, just spread around to make things more fair and encourage more to get involved thus boosting the economy and how fun OH can be. Not to be rude, but you yourself have a lot of things, and you probably felt really happy to gain them, and things were a lot easier to gain back then, you have the power to change things around again and make a lot of people happy rather than have so many frustrated at what they cant achieve.

1.The implementing the number of plats someone can have is an unfair thing to do imo just because plats are considered a currency just like won itself since they are used to buy things. If we have a cap on plats it would be like puttng a cap on won and since the users that win the plats also either played to earn them or bought them is not really unfair to have that quantity

2. the spreadsheet is also a bank as it acts as a keep safe where people can put their money/currency that is not in their items. Overall point 1 correlates here

Any user that has a plat is because they earned it by either playing games or buying them. Even staff have them because of this reasons because they either played a game or bought them. As opposed as some information has been going around staff do not have free access to plats even to sponsorship of selfish games which are games not geared the community we cannot sponsor those games we need to apply for sponsorship in order to get them sponsored

Just ask rinne per example who had writing contest or wildfire who was past of our staff in the past our staff does not either get easy acess to palts

Thats why i think putting a cap or expiration is not good cause anyone that has a plat is because they earned it

3.There are caps on items per example a user is only allowed a max number of 4 rings, etc and even with uniques the cap is 4 to allow others to get them. Regarding the 400k price some discussion is already on place for that for the possibility of a cap on selling on the black market

4.Even though i indeed have a lot of items i been a member of the community since 2011-2012 to put things into persective. I earned my first ring in a raffle back in 2k12 or 2k13, my second ring at around 2k15 and my 3rd on 2k17. To gain all of this i had to play a lot of games and after joining i was even more limited as while being part of the events team, you are not allowed to participate in any event that you have knowledge of mechanics or if you were involved in agame and even then i still limit it because users complain eve when we win. That is a 2 year work put into each ring pretty much and that is what other users also need to sometimes do. Some users just want them in a month span and if that was the case then there will be a flooding and the market cannot handle that

• Like 5
  • Dislike 3

Oh, I thought y’all could get an unban on them from admin and strip away the uniques and rings after a certain time of the user being self-banned.

I do agree that they can’t just be given away, that would be madness.

No i meant self ban as in they banned themselves they were not banned cause they broke the rules

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

nah, you're nitpicking. there was an event in may 2016 and the unique for this event is probably gonna be given in february 2018

i get that this unique rules are "tradition" but. EVERYONE wants this except you. there's no one that DOESN'T want more opportunities to gain a unique. the people who haven't been on since 2013 obviously don't care about this website or the concept of unique awards at all lol. i seriously don't get what's the big deal about giving uniques like 4 times a year. it's not a big deal to do that.

the rules can be changed. rules change all the time, traditions change over time. when there was uniques given in 2013 i understand having those rules. but now, it just makes no sense. we had a "rant about user thread" and that was "tradition." we had a bashing thread and that was "tradition." traditions can and should be changed to fit new scenarios.

you're not literally saying the words "fuck you" but honestly that's kind of what it feels like. i know i've worked with you before. but as a user now i feel like you don't care about me or any other user to change any of these things regarding plats, rings, or uniques. i just don't get it tbh.

As i stated the rule to not allow uniques to be given easily is not a rule I made on my own to begin with i was not even part of that rule decisison. I have discussed at times the possibility to give more unique but again it has not been approved because we are not run on a single person decision is usually a team decision or staff decision. You as an ex staff are aware of these kind of things

As i stated to shiny any suggestion is discussed as they are brought up and once a decision is made the changes are announced if made but decision are not made lighly or quickly and they are only announced after they been made as i stated to not give contradicting statements

I care about users that is why i spent my time hearing your suggestions, opening my PM to discussions, replying, hosting games and etc so it is disrespectful to say i do not care about users or that staff do not care about users when we give our free time to offer games, and things to everyone.

• Like 5
  • Dislike 2

As i stated the rule to not allow uniques to be given easily is not a rule I made on my own to begin with i was not even part of that rule decisison. I have discussed at times the possibility to give more unique but again it has not been approved because we are not run on a single person decision is usually a team decision or staff decision. You as an ex staff are aware of these kind of things

As i stated to shiny any suggestion is discussed as they are brought up and once a decision is made the changes are announced if made but decision are not made lighly or quickly and they are only announced after they been made as i stated to not give contradicting statements

I care about users that is why i spent my time hearing your suggestions, opening my PM to discussions, replying, hosting games and etc so it is disrespectful to say i do not care about users or that staff do not care about users when we give our free time to offer games, and things to everyone.

ha, you and me have very different memories of being on staff.

alright i'm done here. i don't feel like you've listened to a single thing i said.

and i said i FEEL like you don't listen to users. you need to take a hard look at how you're being perceived, regardless of what your intentions are. i've always tried to give you the benefit of the doubt and look where that's gotten me and everyone else who's tried the same.

i'm done. you win.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 3

No i meant self ban as in they banned themselves they were not banned cause they broke the rules

I meant, if someone has been self-banned for say a year? Could a rule be made that y’all can get their accounts unbanned to strip away the uniques etc

That way you guys don’t have to worry about having a unique or two extra, as prizes.

Also I’m glad to hear a cap on the prices for plats is being considered. Too many people are sitting on them, just to drive up prices.

Maybe, even though I know it would slow down the process, there could be a staff account as like a middle guy, so if you want to buy plats from B, they send them to the “official plats account†and I send the plats account the money and you forward the plats to me.

That way the price can be monitored to an extent.

1.The implementing the number of plats someone can have is an unfair thing to do imo just because plats are considered a currency just like won itself since they are used to buy things. If we have a cap on plats it would be like puttng a cap on won and since the users that win the plats also either played to earn them or bought them is not really unfair to have that quantity

2. the spreadsheet is also a bank as it acts as a keep safe where people can put their money/currency that is not in their items. Overall point 1 correlates here

Any user that has a plat is because they earned it by either playing games or buying them. Even staff have them because of this reasons because they either played a game or bought them. As opposed as some information has been going around staff do not have free access to plats even to sponsorship of selfish games which are games not geared the community we cannot sponsor those games we need to apply for sponsorship in order to get them sponsored

Just ask rinne per example who had writing contest or wildfire who was past of our staff in the past our staff does not either get easy acess to palts

Thats why i think putting a cap or expiration is not good cause anyone that has a plat is because they earned it

3.There are caps on items per example a user is only allowed a max number of 4 rings, etc and even with uniques the cap is 4 to allow others to get them. Regarding the 400k price some discussion is already on place for that for the possibility of a cap on selling on the black market

4.Even though i indeed have a lot of items i been a member of the community since 2011-2012 to put things into persective. I earned my first ring in a raffle back in 2k12 or 2k13, my second ring at around 2k15 and my 3rd on 2k17. To gain all of this i had to play a lot of games and after joining i was even more limited as while being part of the events team, you are not allowed to participate in any event that you have knowledge of mechanics or if you were involved in agame and even then i still limit it because users complain eve when we win. That is a 2 year work put into each ring pretty much and that is what other users also need to sometimes do. Some users just want them in a month span and if that was the case then there will be a flooding and the market cannot handle that

1. they did try to put a cap on won by removing mystery won, to try to make it fair and more balanced for everyone. Also plats and won's dynamics are completely different. Won earning isn't limited, plat earning is because you only give out a limited amount that people are able to earn to begin with. Hence why you can justify having a plat limit but not a won limit. It's more unfair that people can sit on plats just cos while others are stuggling to get any when they want to use it. Plats are a currency to earn rewards, if people dont plan to gain a reward they can sell it for the open won system, its not like you are just taking away their prizes, just making sure the system is fair on more people

2. wildfire was an ex staff? she seems unhappy with how things are too tho, with her staff experience to see how things work and now her seeing how things are for the rest of us with the current state of things i guess her insight on things is good too since she can see both sides and how it feels for the majority atm

3. ik but im just wondering if there can be caps in relations to plats too, im just thinking a system that makes people more happy overall rather than pleasing the 1% 

4. i know of many users who have tried for much longer, and even given up after that. And we know things were easier in the past, compare the 1-2 uniques in a year compared to how many there were originally. I think maybe you should run a survey or something to see for yourself that how many people are not happy with how things are. If the so many people involved are not happy, something needs to be done, simple as that. Just saying things cannot be done isn't really good enough imo, when there are things that can be done or can be tried at the very least. A good leader listens to the people, I think we can find a way where people are more happy overall.

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

ha, you and me have very different memories of being on staff.

alright i'm done here. i don't feel like you've listened to a single thing i said.

and i said i FEEL like you don't listen to users. you need to take a hard look at how you're being perceived, regardless of what your intentions are. i've always tried to give you the benefit of the doubt and look where that's gotten me and everyone else who's tried the same.

i'm done. you win.

This is not a matter about winning and i also feel like you are not listening to what im saying as i said any suggestion is always being discussed and changes are indeed made

Some example were like how users suggested minis being sponsored, putting a cap on play selling, adding new items,hosting more big events, having a raffle for those that participate in our games, a max on items, a coming change regarding gold, silver and bronze tokens and more these were all user suggestions at one point that we implemented

As always i try to also thinkn of users and what is fair to them as well like how when deciding not to sponsor our own games when we do events of our biases as that is unfair to normal users for their bias

Once again decisions are not made by one person like per uniques is something event, admins , awats would need to bw involved to decide so i cannot give you an answer myself

• Like 3

sorry if i sound rude im just frustrated on the whole situation and i know its not all your fault, i just wish something more can be done about it and you have the most power to do it

Btw i didny reply to your other comment cause i felt i would just rereply to what i just eeplied to wilf

Regarding uniqued well the thing was uniques were originally 1 or 2 a yesr but theb in 2k13 they were made available as items that is where most of the actual uniqued come from so we just went back to origibally when it was 1 to 2 again

• Like 1

Pin Request Form
Username: Tayenne
Game/Event: Relay Draw 2
Time/Dates: 16th Jan
Pin Duration: 1 week

thank you <3

can you unpin this please, thanks

Edited by Nelkah
done~
  • Like 1

If i sell back my ohla badge,will i get 10 plats?

No. Usually we give users the opportunity to exchange prizes they won such as rings, stamp etc for a 1/4 of the original plat price. Did you win this in an event recently? If so please message snsdJM with the link to the event and prize details showing where and how you won it, and then it can be exchanged for plats. If you bought it on your own, then we cannot refund the plats.
  • Like 1

No. Usually we give users the opportunity to exchange prizes they won such as rings, stamp etc for a 1/4 of the original plat price. Did you win this in an event recently? If so please message snsdJM with the link to the event and prize details showing where and how you won it, and then it can be exchanged for plats. If you bought it on your own, then we cannot refund the plats.

Not recently but i won it on Halloween event.

• Like 1

Okay reading through everything, I am still confused about something.

Let's say User A have a ring that I want and he/she have been self banned for more than 6 months. So if I have enough plats to get the ring and I inform the team that I want the ring user A have, do I still have to wait another 6 months?

Also yes, I support the capping of selling price of Plats in the black market. It used to cost $120/150k per plat token but it have even reach 400k per plat recently.... If we are not careful, one day it will hit 1 million per plat..

Okay reading through everything, I am still confused about something.

Let's say User A have a ring that I want and he/she have been self banned for more than 6 months. So if I have enough plats to get the ring and I inform the team that I want the ring user A have, do I still have to wait another 6 months?

Also yes, I support the capping of selling price of Plats in the black market. It used to cost $120/150k per plat token but it have even reach 400k per plat recently.... If we are not careful, one day it will hit 1 million per plat..

Ah no. If the person self banned had been inactive for 6 months starting from September 1st 2017, the idol that their ring is with is now up for grabs. The self-banned rule is completely different to the inactivity rule. The self banned rule was brought in on September 1st, see here for the FAQ/announcement of it.

All you need to do is inform us if this person has been self-banned for 6 months since September 1st and we can get the ring available. 

Capping of selling price is being discussed, so don't worry~

Ah no. If the person self banned had been inactive for 6 months starting from September 1st 2017, the idol that their ring is with is now up for grabs. The self-banned rule is completely different to the inactivity rule. The self banned rule was brought in on September 1st, see here for the FAQ/announcement of it.

All you need to do is inform us if this person has been self-banned for 6 months since September 1st and we can get the ring available. 

Capping of selling price is being discussed, so don't worry~

Okay thanks

• Koya locked this topic
  • Koya unlocked this topic