OneHallyu

Ask The Events Team Thread [FAQ in the OP]

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

des99—one unique last online march 26 2017, last post may 10 2014 yunho's wife—one unique last post 23 jun 2013 hanah- —one unique last active jun 14 2017, last post 05 july 2016 basic—one

OH! I FORGOT!   YOU WANNA KNOW WHAT THIS PERSON HAD TO DO TO GET A UNIQUE????????   https://onehallyu.com/topic/16777-and-the-winner-is-1st-photography-contest-winners-announcement/   SHE HAD TO

ok hear me out, but basically for awards season there were like 100 anime badge suggestions even tho it was limited 2 per user, and only 10 will make it, because basically that's our only way to earn

Posted Images

Please don't let some rings rotten away. Free them if the user isn't active.

As I said we will be discussing it now.

There is a rule for selbanned right? Longer than 6 months and you will lose your ring?

Yes, the self-banned user has 6 months to come back before the idol that their ring is with will be up for grabs again.

The official rule is now that once a person informs us that X user is active, the user has 6 months to come back, or the idol ring will be up for grabs. So someone will have to tell us about an inactive user and we'll check through to see if they're inactive and then the 6 month period will start.

Edited by Haru

ozaz2kY.png

Q: How long does someone have to be inactive for until their ring with an idol is available?

A: The user will have to be inactive for 6 months after we have been informed of that ring wanting to be available. Once someone informs us of an inactive ring-holder, we will make sure they're inactive and start the 6 month period from there.

ok hear me out, but basically for awards season there were like 100 anime badge suggestions even tho it was limited 2 per user, and only 10 will make it, because basically that's our only way to earn anime badges anymore with how the economy and prices are

atm it costs 50 plats to add an anime badge to the system, 50 of your own plats for something everyone can use and benefit from, which honestly I don't believe anyone will utilise considering how much work it is to earn plats now. If you are gonna earn 50 plats may as well earn 10 more and spend it on a ring which is actually unique you know.

the only way it seems to realistically earn plats now is to win the monthly lottery which is just luck, not about hard work or playing games or participating in events. Not to mention there aren't many games now to begin with, there hasn't been any events teams games this month yet, and there were only 4 games last month. I came first in one events team game last month, which I spent 2+ hours on, and the prize was only 15 gold tokens. Like honestly it's not realistic to earn enough plats through games these days.

The other way to earn them is to just buy them, but there seems to be a shortage of plats or at least people who are willing to sell plats now. Some people paying like 500k for a plat, and since it's hard to earn won it's not realistic to buy them either, let alone buying 50.

so please hear me out, I think it would be more realistic to set the price of adding an anime badge to be between 20-30 plats. 30 is most realistic, still something you have to work hard to obtain but also not something unreachable, but I think 20 is doable too considering you aren't just adding it for yourself but for everyone to use. With a realistic goal then maybe more people will start joining games as they believe they will actually be able to earn a reward and allowing for more events/games to be held if events team want to as well.

Also just to note, it's like 50 plats for a CAF, idk who is gonna pay that but yeah would like 5 or even 2 plats be more realistic for something like a CAF since you need an actual debuted idol/group to add it anyways and you still have to earn those plats...

tl;dr we need more games where you can earn plats, and lower prices, or at least one of them cos atm with the way the economy is its just not realistic

anyways not meaning to hate, I just genuinely believe these things will help the economy and make OH a better place so please consider theseohpressor.png

We are considering reworking the price of anime award adding but this come with a price of putting a cap as to how many can be bought each year.

One of the benefits of the item is that you not only can pick the character but also the  picture soething you cannot do in any other way that is why it is expensive

I indeed agree that users do not want to sell their plats but there is not much we can do as those are theirs. However, there is a lot of plats going out as someone that hands out the tokens and also requests

i can tell you that just this month alone 2 rings have been bought which 120 plats

des99—one unique

last online march 26 2017, last post may 10 2014

yunho's wife—one unique

last post 23 jun 2013

hanah- —one unique

last active jun 14 2017, last post 05 july 2016

basic—one unique

last post 18 february 2016

domomeg—two uniques

last post 10 july 2016 ASKED TO GIVE UP HER UNIQUES

sneeze—one unique

last post 27 may 2016

tan—one unique

last active 01 jan 2017, last post 09 jan 2015

mog—one unique

last post 17 dec 2017

sunhye—one unique

last online 20 sep 2013

myeon—four uniques

self banned, last active 07 nov 2016

qri—one unique

last post 04 jan 2017

goddess1—one uniqe

last post 27 dec 2016

jon snow—one unique

last post 03 july 2016

infinity—one unique anime

self banned

4ctjTgv.gif

what do these users have in common, events team?

they all have unique awards, and they all haven't posted in at least a year

i understand, you are worried that uniques are becoming too common

but why not give some of these users' uniques away?

clearly they don't give a shit about onehallyu anymore smile.png

even old staff members

shik—four uniques

last post 18 jan 2016

shay—four uniques

last post 15 feb 2015

sx21—four uniques

last post 28 aug 2014

by my calculation, that's at least 12 uniques you could give away to users who actually care

4ctjTgv.gif

Xuapmdg.png

this user even wanted to give her unique away, but mods ignored her and then you guys all just forgot

good thing i didn't forget!

but no, plats and uniques are too common smile.png

4ctjTgv.gif

if you delete this post, i'm going public with my findings

please listen to users this time

Unique are not transferable, giveable or up to be raffled. This is not a new rule and has been a set rule in oh since even before there was an events team

Even if those users are not currently with us those rules still apply to them and since those awards are indeed theirs we cannot give them away because they won/earned them

Your post will not be deleted as in this thread we have always been open to suggestions and have never deleted any posts that are of that sort. You as a past member of the team are aware that we are always open to discussion,suggestion and we never delete those posts

• Like 1

Yeah, I know you had inquired about that ring before, but looks like you'll have to wait a little longer. We'll note that ring and user down, and check back with you in 6 months!

Yeah dont worry im just glad I could possibly have it lel

But lets say I have earned 60 plats in like 4 months am I allowed to put dibs on this ring? even if its not available yet?

Yeah dont worry im just glad I could possibly have it lel

But lets say I have earned 60 plats in like 4 months am I allowed to put dibs on this ring? even if its not available yet?

Unfortunately we don't offer the system where people can reserve rings, as it is a first come first serve basis. We will announce in this thread when inactive rings are available to be bought and announce if someone has placed a request for it. ^^

• Like 1

no sorry

Unfortunately we don't offer the system where people can reserve rings, as it is a first come first serve basis. We will announce in this thread when inactive rings are available to be bought and announce if someone has placed a request for it. ^^

Ok! At least I know there wont be much competition for this ring but who knows

Thanks anyways! Ill make sure to buy it when time comes

What do you do when you can’t check if the rings user is active or not? Like the Jungkook ring, I can’t find the the username. Would you guys be able to check that?

Edited by 우리만� True Lovers

once or twice a year

first of all, this is false. there is a unique given out in fandom wars in 2018. the last unique (non-anime) was given in 2016, in Produce 101. That's two years in between uniques. once or twice a year is not accurate.

Unique are not transferable, giveable or up to be raffled. This is not a new rule and has been a set rule in oh since even before there was an events team

Even if those users are not currently with us those rules still apply to them and since those awards are indeed theirs we cannot give them away because they won/earned them

Your post will not be deleted as in this thread we have always been open to suggestions and have never deleted any posts that are of that sort. You as a past member of the team are aware that we are always open to discussion,suggestion and we never delete those posts

this is so much less about giving away these people's uniques. if you don't want to give people's uniques away, fine. but you need to be giving more uniques than you are if you want it to be fair. any time someone brings up the concept that you haven't given a unique award in two years, you say "we don't want uniques to be too common."

but you know what would fix this? giving away people's uniques that are self banned. that way the exact same number of uniques is in the system and it doesnt overload the awards team.

sorry, it just pisses me off that i put my blood sweat and tears into an event (two times actually, lol), while you could get a unique in 2013 for fucking sneezing. but i didn't join in 2013, so fuck me, right?

also, why is the rule for uniques so different from the rules for rings?

Edited by wildfire
  • Like 9

What do you do when you can’t check if the rings user is active or not? Like the Jungkook ring, I can’t find the the username. Would you guys be able to check that?

Hi! I found the user that had the username Taehyungie before hand and had the Jungkook ring.

https://onehallyu.com/user/9114-lurker-in-the-abyss/

As you can see they were active since yesterday, but they are yet to claim their ring from the marketplace downtime.

• Like 1

^^

I think that self-banned uniques are something y’all can redistribute, whilst keeping the number of uniques down at the same time, pls discuss it as team when you can.

• Like 1

Hi! I found the user that had the username Taehyungie before hand and had the Jungkook ring.

https://onehallyu.com/user/9114-lurker-in-the-abyss/

As you can see they were active since yesterday, but they are yet to claim their ring from the marketplace downtime.

Ty Haru! It’s good to know we can ask y’all to check.

first of all, this is false. there is a unique given out in fandom wars in 2018. the last unique (non-anime) was given in 2016, in Produce 101. That's two years in between uniques. once or twice a year is not accurate.

this is so much less about giving away these people's uniques. if you don't want to give people's uniques away, fine. but you need to be giving more uniques than you are if you want it to be fair. any time someone brings up the concept that you haven't given a unique award in two years, you say "we don't want uniques to be too common."

but you know what would fix this? giving away people's uniques that are self banned. that way the exact same number of uniques is in the system and it doesnt overload the awards team.

sorry, it just pisses me off that i put my blood sweat and tears into an event, while you could get a unique in 2013 for fucking sneezing. but i didn't join in 2013, so fuck me, right?

also, why is the rule for uniques so different from the rules for rings?

An anime/games unique is still a unique So that counts as the once or twice a year

This year we had the fandom wars one as it counts as 2017 event as that is when it started even if it ended in 2018. So the unique for that will count as a 2017 unique. There will be opportunities in 2018 to win uniques

As i stated the rules of unique not been transferable, or up for give away is a rule that is been in place since forever and that is not an events team decision.

A ring is considered more of an item while a unique award is well an award. That is why the rules are different

Regarding your 2013 those were never my words and i would never tell a user to fuck themselves as that is not my personality and you as someone that has worked with me are aware of that. 

• Like 3
  • Dislike 2

^^

I think that self-banned uniques are something y’all can redistribute, whilst keeping the number of uniques down at the same time, pls discuss it as team when you can.

Since it is a self ban it is hard to redistribute as those items are theirs even for rings we do not give away the rings we just make the idols available but the ring is still with that user if they ever decide to comeback

Also just giving them away does not have much merit

Yeah we will discuss, we always discuss all suggestions brought to us and if we decide to change stuff we announce it

We are considering reworking the price of anime award adding but this come with a price of putting a cap as to how many can be bought each year.

One of the benefits of the item is that you not only can pick the character but also the  picture soething you cannot do in any other way that is why it is expensive

I indeed agree that users do not want to sell their plats but there is not much we can do as those are theirs. However, there is a lot of plats going out as someone that hands out the tokens and also requests

i can tell you that just this month alone 2 rings have been bought which 120 plats

thank you for addressing the anime badge thing

i am just wondering if anything can be done on plats because it seems everyone is aware that there is a problem with how they are being handled, and it seems everyone agrees the economy is a bit stale

just looking at the spread sheet there are users with over 60 plats, one even with 120+ plats, and the top prize is 60 plats i think, idk if there are many people who physically own plats to have over 60 tho. I think one easy thing to implement may be to limit the number of plats a user can hold onto at a time to 60 plats. If people don't plan to use them, then holding onto them like this kind of ruins things for those who want plats to actually use them for something.

also idk how this would go, but maybe possibly an expiry on plats somehow, that people have a certain time to use them. That would be unfair to those who are just taking a while to gain something then, so maybe a plat bank where people can hold there plats without expiry, but once put there means that they have placed them there on the guarantee that they are planning to use them rather than just hold them. If they back out then the plats have to be sold off. This idea is a bit messy maybe, but idk if you can maybe work with the concept or something to think of something better?

and idk maybe a cap on prizes too, there are some people with multiple rings etc. and still winning more stuff/plats whereas there are others who want stuff and are still active in the events community are struggling to earn anything, it would be nice if things could be spread around a bit more. I know there is like a limit on 4 rings and stuff like that already but yeah, it just feels a little unbalanced in a way and seeing people who have nothing trying so hard to get something and barely being able to do in this economy....

cos its just like if we are aware there is a problem, and that a large proportion of the community involved with this is unsatisfied, I think there should at least be an attempt made to try to fix things rather than just be letting it go on and having more and more people unsatisfied.

and the fact that even today people were willing to buy plats for 400k won cos they have basically no other way to realistically obtain them is more than enough to see this problem is getting out of hand and needs to be addressed

all in all i think being a bit more generous cant hurt too much? if everyday users can feel like they may be able to earn something they are more likely to join in, and if problems with hoarding is stopped then earning more isnt a problem cos things cant be overloaded on one person, just spread around to make things more fair and encourage more to get involved thus boosting the economy and how fun OH can be. Not to be rude, but you yourself have a lot of things, and you probably felt really happy to gain them, and things were a lot easier to gain back then, you have the power to change things around again and make a lot of people happy rather than have so many frustrated at what they cant achieve.

• Like 7
  • Koya locked this topic
  • Koya unlocked this topic