Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Koya

Ask The Events Team Thread [FAQ in the OP]

Ty!!! That makes it clearer! You’re the best rei rei <3

Ya playa haters you should love yourself…brr

Aww glad I helped chuplz.png

• Like 1

I'm not sure if you guys organise short games but I've never played Secret Hitler and I would love to, could someone from the events team please organise a game? 

I'm not sure if you guys organise short games but I've never played Secret Hitler and I would love to, could someone from the events team please organise a game?

I’m not really sure what you are asking? We do host short games / mini-games / tournaments etc. I’ve seen users host Secret Hitler here though.

I’m not really sure what you are asking? We do host short games / mini-games / tournaments etc. I’ve seen users host Secret Hitler here though.

Sorry for being unclear, I'm asking if you guys organise SH and if you do, will you organise one soon? 

Sorry for being unclear, I'm asking if you guys organise SH and if you do, will you organise one soon?

Well, I cant say we have hosted that game often, and if we did it was a while ago. Personally, I have no ideas of the mechanics, but like I said I’ve seen users host it. I can’t guarantee if it will be organised soon on either sides.

ok hear me out, but basically for awards season there were like 100 anime badge suggestions even tho it was limited 2 per user, and only 10 will make it, because basically that's our only way to earn anime badges anymore with how the economy and prices are

atm it costs 50 plats to add an anime badge to the system, 50 of your own plats for something everyone can use and benefit from, which honestly I don't believe anyone will utilise considering how much work it is to earn plats now. If you are gonna earn 50 plats may as well earn 10 more and spend it on a ring which is actually unique you know.

the only way it seems to realistically earn plats now is to win the monthly lottery which is just luck, not about hard work or playing games or participating in events. Not to mention there aren't many games now to begin with, there hasn't been any events teams games this month yet, and there were only 4 games last month. I came first in one events team game last month, which I spent 2+ hours on, and the prize was only 15 gold tokens. Like honestly it's not realistic to earn enough plats through games these days.

The other way to earn them is to just buy them, but there seems to be a shortage of plats or at least people who are willing to sell plats now. Some people paying like 500k for a plat, and since it's hard to earn won it's not realistic to buy them either, let alone buying 50.

so please hear me out, I think it would be more realistic to set the price of adding an anime badge to be between 20-30 plats. 30 is most realistic, still something you have to work hard to obtain but also not something unreachable, but I think 20 is doable too considering you aren't just adding it for yourself but for everyone to use. With a realistic goal then maybe more people will start joining games as they believe they will actually be able to earn a reward and allowing for more events/games to be held if events team want to as well.

Also just to note, it's like 50 plats for a CAF, idk who is gonna pay that but yeah would like 5 or even 2 plats be more realistic for something like a CAF since you need an actual debuted idol/group to add it anyways and you still have to earn those plats...

tl;dr we need more games where you can earn plats, and lower prices, or at least one of them cos atm with the way the economy is its just not realistic

anyways not meaning to hate, I just genuinely believe these things will help the economy and make OH a better place so please consider theseohpressor.png

• Like 10

ok hear me out, but basically for awards season there were like 100 anime badge suggestions even tho it was limited 2 per user, and only 10 will make it, because basically that's our only way to earn anime badges anymore with how the economy and prices are

atm it costs 50 plats to add an anime badge to the system, 50 of your own plats for something everyone can use and benefit from, which honestly I don't believe anyone will utilise considering how much work it is to earn plats now. If you are gonna earn 50 plats may as well earn 10 more and spend it on a ring which is actually unique you know.

the only way it seems to realistically earn plats now is to win the monthly lottery which is just luck, not about hard work or playing games or participating in events. Not to mention there aren't many games now to begin with, there hasn't been any events teams games this month yet, and there were only 4 games last month. I came first in one events team game last month, which I spent 2+ hours on, and the prize was only 15 gold tokens. Like honestly it's not realistic to earn enough plats through games these days.

The other way to earn them is to just buy them, but there seems to be a shortage of plats or at least people who are willing to sell plats now. Some people paying like 500k for a plat, and since it's hard to earn won it's not realistic to buy them either, let alone buying 50.

so please hear me out, I think it would be more realistic to set the price of adding an anime badge to be between 20-30 plats. 30 is most realistic, still something you have to work hard to obtain but also not something unreachable, but I think 20 is doable too considering you aren't just adding it for yourself but for everyone to use. With a realistic goal then maybe more people will start joining games as they believe they will actually be able to earn a reward and allowing for more events/games to be held if events team want to as well.

Also just to note, it's like 50 plats for a CAF, idk who is gonna pay that but yeah would like 5 or even 2 plats be more realistic for something like a CAF since you need an actual debuted idol/group to add it anyways and you still have to earn those plats...

tl;dr we need more games where you can earn plats, and lower prices, or at least one of them cos atm with the way the economy is its just not realistic

anyways not meaning to hate, I just genuinely believe these things will help the economy and make OH a better place so please consider theseohpressor.png

[2]

Ya playa haters you should love yourself…brr

• Like 2

Is the individual stamp an item you receive because I came in first place in this game and I got the plats but never received the individual stamp? 

https://onehallyu.com/topic/629550-finished-project-runway-showdown-congrats-to-valexia/?p=25408856

Hi! To redeem your individual stamp, you have to start a PM with snsdJM, title it ‘Individual Stamp’ and put in the info about where you won the stamp from. You’ll then need to include the name that you want the stamp to be called (like where mine says Events Team you can have custom text, no longer than 1 line), the colour of the text (hex code) and the image / gif resized to 139 x 80.

If you ever forget those rules of what is on the stamp, it’s located in our FAQ in the OP.

https://onehallyu.com/topic/323360-ask-the-events-team-thread-faq-in-the-op/?p=22897732

• Like 1

ozaz2kY.png

Q: How do I redeem a stamp?

A: Open up a pm with the co-ordinator snsdJM, title it ‘Individual Stamp’ and put in the info about where you won the stamp from. You’ll then need to include the name that you want the stamp to be called (for example, where our banners say 'Events Team', you can have custom text, no longer than 1 line), the colour of the text (hex code) and the image / gif resized to 139 x 80.

Hi! To redeem your individual stamp, you have to start a PM with snsdJM, title it ‘Individual Stamp’ and put in the info about where you won the stamp from. You’ll then need to include the name that you want the stamp to be called (like where mine says Events Team you can have custom text, no longer than 1 line), the colour of the text (hex code) and the image / gif resized to 139 x 80.

If you ever forget those rules of what is on the stamp, it’s located in our FAQ in the OP.

https://onehallyu.com/topic/323360-ask-the-events-team-thread-faq-in-the-op/?p=22897732

Got it, thanks Haru ilikeitplz.png

Is it possible to get a game pinned for an entire year?

Are you meaning one of those infinite games like rate the signature above you etc? If so we don’t pin those. We only pin sign-ups and games of harder (than that) gameplay.

If not, please explain to me what you are referring to.

Are you meaning one of those infinite games like rate the signature above you etc? If so we don’t pin those. We only pin sign-ups and games of harder (than that) gameplay.

If not, please explain to me what you are referring to.

I'm planing to start a game in April witch will be like a treasure hunting, adventure

kinda game, it's going to last a whole year.

To put it simply I'm going to release a series of videos every month starting from April this year and ending in April 2019

each video will have a series of codes in them, the codes are a key that will unlock a treasure and the treasure is hidden in the website

that's why I need to know if I can pin a game for entire year, also what about the banners?

I'm planing to start a game in April witch will be like a treasure hunting, adventure

kinda game, it's going to last a whole year.

To put it simply I'm going to release a series of videos every month starting from April this year and ending in April 2019

each video will have a series of codes in them, the codes are a key that will unlock a treasure and the treasure is hidden in the website

that's why I need to know if I can pin a game for entire year, also what about the banners?

Will your game have downtime throughout the month? I'm assuming it will. I was thinking what you could do is have it unpinned in the downtime but get it pinned every time of the month that the game is actually being played. This is only because we might be tight on pinning especially if many games are wanting to be pinned at once, and then there's one being pinned during downtime that could just be re-pinned when the game is up again each month. Does that make sense? 

Banners: Do you plan to have them on the announcement board slide-show? Banners are only able to be pinned for 1 week, so I recommend you make graphic adjustments to banners each month to notify that they're that months gameplay of this treasure hunt (like example: Title of the Game: May Edition), and then have them uploaded for 1 week each of the months. Is your game going to have sign-ups or is it a hop-in-at-any-time game? And will the players be the same from the start or new players each month? Because if it's the same players from the start there's no real need to have a banner each month, but I'm assuming you will have new players per new adventure month, so I recommend doing what I explained above. ^^

Edited by Haru

des99—one unique
last online march 26 2017, last post may 10 2014

yunho's wife—one unique
last post 23 jun 2013

hanah- —one unique
last active jun 14 2017, last post 05 july 2016

basic—one unique
last post 18 february 2016

domomeg—two uniques
last post 10 july 2016 ASKED TO GIVE UP HER UNIQUES

sneeze—one unique
last post 27 may 2016

tan—one unique
last active 01 jan 2017, last post 09 jan 2015

mog—one unique
last post 17 dec 2017

sunhye—one unique
last online 20 sep 2013

myeon—four uniques
self banned, last active 07 nov 2016

qri—one unique
last post 04 jan 2017

goddess1—one uniqe
last post 27 dec 2016

jon snow—one unique
last post 03 july 2016

infinity—one unique anime
self banned

4ctjTgv.gif

what do these users have in common, events team?

they all have unique awards, and they all haven't posted in at least a year

i understand, you are worried that uniques are becoming too common

but why not give some of these users' uniques away?

clearly they don't give a shit about onehallyu anymore smile.png

even old staff members

shik—four uniques
last post 18 jan 2016

shay—four uniques
last post 15 feb 2015

sx21—four uniques
last post 28 aug 2014

by my calculation, that's at least 12 uniques you could give away to users who actually care

4ctjTgv.gif

Xuapmdg.png

this user even wanted to give her unique away, but mods ignored her and then you guys all just forgot

good thing i didn't forget!

but no, plats and uniques are too common smile.png

4ctjTgv.gif

if you delete this post, i'm going public with my findings

please listen to users this time

Edited by wildfire
  • Like 15
  • Dislike 1

OH! I FORGOT!

YOU WANNA KNOW WHAT THIS PERSON HAD TO DO TO GET A UNIQUE????????

https://onehallyu.com/topic/16777-and-the-winner-is-1st-photography-contest-winners-announcement/

SHE HAD TO

TAKE A PICTURE OF HERSELF

IN FLOWERS

AND SHE GOT A UNIQUE.

MEANWHILE OUR LATEST EVENT INVOLVED VIDEO EDITING, VOCAL COVER, FANART, FANFICTION, AND GRAPHIC DESIGN

if you're reading this and you're NOT pissed, you should be

• Like 15

des99—one unique

last online march 26 2017, last post may 10 2014

yunho's wife—one unique

last post 23 jun 2013

hanah- —one unique

last active jun 14 2017, last post 05 july 2016

basic—one unique

last post 18 february 2016

domomeg—two uniques

last post 10 july 2016 ASKED TO GIVE UP HER UNIQUES

sneeze—one unique

last post 27 may 2016

tan—one unique

last active 01 jan 2017, last post 09 jan 2015

mog—one unique

last post 17 dec 2017

sunhye—one unique

last online 20 sep 2013

myeon—four uniques

self banned, last active 07 nov 2016

qri—one unique

last post 04 jan 2017

goddess1—one uniqe

last post 27 dec 2016

jon snow—one unique

last post 03 july 2016

infinity—one unique anime

self banned

4ctjTgv.gif

what do these users have in common, events team?

they all have unique awards, and they all haven't posted in at least a year

i understand, you are worried that uniques are becoming too common

but why not give some of these users' uniques away?

clearly they don't give a shit about onehallyu anymore smile.png

even old staff members

shik—four uniques

last post 18 jan 2016

shay—four uniques

last post 15 feb 2015

sx21—four uniques

last post 28 aug 2014

by my calculation, that's at least 12 uniques you could give away to users who actually care

4ctjTgv.gif

Xuapmdg.png

this user even wanted to give her unique away, but mods ignored her and then you guys all just forgot

good thing i didn't forget!

but no, plats and uniques are too common smile.png

4ctjTgv.gif

if you delete this post, i'm going public with my findings

please listen to users this time

OH! I FORGOT!

YOU WANNA KNOW WHAT THIS PERSON HAD TO DO TO GET A UNIQUE????????

https://onehallyu.com/topic/16777-and-the-winner-is-1st-photography-contest-winners-announcement/

SHE HAD TO

TAKE A PICTURE OF HERSELF

IN FLOWERS

AND SHE GOT A UNIQUE.

MEANWHILE OUR LATEST EVENT INVOLVED VIDEO EDITING, VOCAL COVER, FANART, FANFICTION, AND GRAPHIC DESIGN

if you're reading this and you're NOT pissed, you should be

PREACH

• Like 2

we are waiting for snsdjm to respond, so try not to fill up the pages before he can respond.

we are not ignoring you.

we are waiting for snsdjm to respond, so try not to fill up the pages before he can respond.

we are not ignoring you.

is he on hiatus? cause he didn't answer shiny umbreon's question from a few days ago

is he on hiatus? cause he didn't answer shiny umbreon's question from a few days ago

He’s busy, but still active enough, but don’t worry we’ve been discussing both posts.

He’s busy, but still active enough, but don’t worry we’ve been discussing both posts.

thank you