OneHallyu

Ask The Events Team Thread [FAQ in the OP]

Koya

is there a list of everything we can buy and the prices?

It could take a few days, when we finish hosting Gamez we fill out a form requesting the prizes be sent out. We don't send them out personally. So there is sometimes a wait until someone else process the form n send out the prizes. It will be sent out as soon as possible.

thank you chuplz.png

ok hear me out, but basically for awards season there were like 100 anime badge suggestions even tho it was limited 2 per user, and only 10 will make it, because basically that's our only way to earn anime badges anymore with how the economy and prices are

atm it costs 50 plats to add an anime badge to the system, 50 of your own plats for something everyone can use and benefit from, which honestly I don't believe anyone will utilise considering how much work it is to earn plats now. If you are gonna earn 50 plats may as well earn 10 more and spend it on a ring which is actually unique you know.

the only way it seems to realistically earn plats now is to win the monthly lottery which is just luck, not about hard work or playing games or participating in events. Not to mention there aren't many games now to begin with, there hasn't been any events teams games this month yet, and there were only 4 games last month. I came first in one events team game last month, which I spent 2+ hours on, and the prize was only 15 gold tokens. Like honestly it's not realistic to earn enough plats through games these days.

The other way to earn them is to just buy them, but there seems to be a shortage of plats or at least people who are willing to sell plats now. Some people paying like 500k for a plat, and since it's hard to earn won it's not realistic to buy them either, let alone buying 50.

so please hear me out, I think it would be more realistic to set the price of adding an anime badge to be between 20-30 plats. 30 is most realistic, still something you have to work hard to obtain but also not something unreachable, but I think 20 is doable too considering you aren't just adding it for yourself but for everyone to use. With a realistic goal then maybe more people will start joining games as they believe they will actually be able to earn a reward and allowing for more events/games to be held if events team want to as well.

Also just to note, it's like 50 plats for a CAF, idk who is gonna pay that but yeah would like 5 or even 2 plats be more realistic for something like a CAF since you need an actual debuted idol/group to add it anyways and you still have to earn those plats...

tl;dr we need more games where you can earn plats, and lower prices, or at least one of them cos atm with the way the economy is its just not realistic

anyways not meaning to hate, I just genuinely believe these things will help the economy and make OH a better place so please consider theseohpressor.png

• Like 10

We are considering reworking the price of anime award adding but this come with a price of putting a cap as to how many can be bought each year.

One of the benefits of the item is that you not only can pick the character but also the  picture soething you cannot do in any other way that is why it is expensive

I indeed agree that users do not want to sell their plats but there is not much we can do as those are theirs. However, there is a lot of plats going out as someone that hands out the tokens and also requests

i can tell you that just this month alone 2 rings have been bought which 120 plats

thank you for addressing the anime badge thing

i am just wondering if anything can be done on plats because it seems everyone is aware that there is a problem with how they are being handled, and it seems everyone agrees the economy is a bit stale

just looking at the spread sheet there are users with over 60 plats, one even with 120+ plats, and the top prize is 60 plats i think, idk if there are many people who physically own plats to have over 60 tho. I think one easy thing to implement may be to limit the number of plats a user can hold onto at a time to 60 plats. If people don't plan to use them, then holding onto them like this kind of ruins things for those who want plats to actually use them for something.

also idk how this would go, but maybe possibly an expiry on plats somehow, that people have a certain time to use them. That would be unfair to those who are just taking a while to gain something then, so maybe a plat bank where people can hold there plats without expiry, but once put there means that they have placed them there on the guarantee that they are planning to use them rather than just hold them. If they back out then the plats have to be sold off. This idea is a bit messy maybe, but idk if you can maybe work with the concept or something to think of something better?

and idk maybe a cap on prizes too, there are some people with multiple rings etc. and still winning more stuff/plats whereas there are others who want stuff and are still active in the events community are struggling to earn anything, it would be nice if things could be spread around a bit more. I know there is like a limit on 4 rings and stuff like that already but yeah, it just feels a little unbalanced in a way and seeing people who have nothing trying so hard to get something and barely being able to do in this economy....

cos its just like if we are aware there is a problem, and that a large proportion of the community involved with this is unsatisfied, I think there should at least be an attempt made to try to fix things rather than just be letting it go on and having more and more people unsatisfied.

and the fact that even today people were willing to buy plats for 400k won cos they have basically no other way to realistically obtain them is more than enough to see this problem is getting out of hand and needs to be addressed

all in all i think being a bit more generous cant hurt too much? if everyday users can feel like they may be able to earn something they are more likely to join in, and if problems with hoarding is stopped then earning more isnt a problem cos things cant be overloaded on one person, just spread around to make things more fair and encourage more to get involved thus boosting the economy and how fun OH can be. Not to be rude, but you yourself have a lot of things, and you probably felt really happy to gain them, and things were a lot easier to gain back then, you have the power to change things around again and make a lot of people happy rather than have so many frustrated at what they cant achieve.

• Like 7

1.The implementing the number of plats someone can have is an unfair thing to do imo just because plats are considered a currency just like won itself since they are used to buy things. If we have a cap on plats it would be like puttng a cap on won and since the users that win the plats also either played to earn them or bought them is not really unfair to have that quantity

2. the spreadsheet is also a bank as it acts as a keep safe where people can put their money/currency that is not in their items. Overall point 1 correlates here

Any user that has a plat is because they earned it by either playing games or buying them. Even staff have them because of this reasons because they either played a game or bought them. As opposed as some information has been going around staff do not have free access to plats even to sponsorship of selfish games which are games not geared the community we cannot sponsor those games we need to apply for sponsorship in order to get them sponsored

Just ask rinne per example who had writing contest or wildfire who was past of our staff in the past our staff does not either get easy acess to palts

Thats why i think putting a cap or expiration is not good cause anyone that has a plat is because they earned it

3.There are caps on items per example a user is only allowed a max number of 4 rings, etc and even with uniques the cap is 4 to allow others to get them. Regarding the 400k price some discussion is already on place for that for the possibility of a cap on selling on the black market

4.Even though i indeed have a lot of items i been a member of the community since 2011-2012 to put things into persective. I earned my first ring in a raffle back in 2k12 or 2k13, my second ring at around 2k15 and my 3rd on 2k17. To gain all of this i had to play a lot of games and after joining i was even more limited as while being part of the events team, you are not allowed to participate in any event that you have knowledge of mechanics or if you were involved in agame and even then i still limit it because users complain eve when we win. That is a 2 year work put into each ring pretty much and that is what other users also need to sometimes do. Some users just want them in a month span and if that was the case then there will be a flooding and the market cannot handle that

1. they did try to put a cap on won by removing mystery won, to try to make it fair and more balanced for everyone. Also plats and won's dynamics are completely different. Won earning isn't limited, plat earning is because you only give out a limited amount that people are able to earn to begin with. Hence why you can justify having a plat limit but not a won limit. It's more unfair that people can sit on plats just cos while others are stuggling to get any when they want to use it. Plats are a currency to earn rewards, if people dont plan to gain a reward they can sell it for the open won system, its not like you are just taking away their prizes, just making sure the system is fair on more people

2. wildfire was an ex staff? she seems unhappy with how things are too tho, with her staff experience to see how things work and now her seeing how things are for the rest of us with the current state of things i guess her insight on things is good too since she can see both sides and how it feels for the majority atm

3. ik but im just wondering if there can be caps in relations to plats too, im just thinking a system that makes people more happy overall rather than pleasing the 1% 

4. i know of many users who have tried for much longer, and even given up after that. And we know things were easier in the past, compare the 1-2 uniques in a year compared to how many there were originally. I think maybe you should run a survey or something to see for yourself that how many people are not happy with how things are. If the so many people involved are not happy, something needs to be done, simple as that. Just saying things cannot be done isn't really good enough imo, when there are things that can be done or can be tried at the very least. A good leader listens to the people, I think we can find a way where people are more happy overall.

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

sorry if i sound rude im just frustrated on the whole situation and i know its not all your fault, i just wish something more can be done about it and you have the most power to do it

• Like 1

The letters aren't available to buy anymore, will they be up again, there are more I want to sent :cry:

Also how long do we have left to send

is the easter game still happening today

Most likely not because of the servers going down

im crying, please can i have a complimentary ticket to wipe my tears

403918876737536021.png?v=1

Wyd I thought u already had a ticket. Weren't u in yesterdays game

an extra one

403918876737536021.png?v=1

what are the rules for who/what you can get a ring with, for example would a ring such as 'shiny x a dorito' be allowed?

The ring platform is for user x user or user x idol. The user x user ones are more commonly won in events and have to be shared between a team, so user x idol are the most common.

I've pinned, but please let us know when it's done to unpin~

so i cant be married to a dorito?????

marry heehyun instead

tumblr_ovcnvxZav61w64ru7o1_250.gif

that's too basic

407618458872971264.png?v=1

wew you calling heehyun basic huh

no!!!! just that marrying an idol is basic

i had 263 plats btw if you need numbers for you records

xvhktVy.gif

didnt we all

no just me, please dont take advantage of this system error to cheat rei...

tumblr_inline_mgr66xpD6q1qcqwuv.gif

lying is a bannable offense in games and events prizesdave.png

434330629845549056.png?v=1