Please use your display name or email address to log in! User names are defunct. If your display name had special characters, log in with your email address and update your display name asap. ×
Forums Rules Staff Calendar Leaderboard Activity Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DocumentaLy

Did AllKPop take over EntAsia?

it's some drama with one of the former creators

she went and left entasia to go be a staff on allkpop and because she was being petty she made it redirect to allkpop

but you can still go on entasia, just not the home page  :imstupid:

Not really

That's more a result of the falling out between our old admins and the current ones. The light version is that our site wasn't sustaining itself off of ad revenue, the old admin got tired of paying the bill each month, both sides really failed to come up with an alternative solution and shit got petty 

I could go into it further, but since I'm closer to the old admins (well one of them) than the current ones, but technically still part of Entasia's staff... eh. I mean my opinion's going to bite me in the ass anyway.

I'd take what a lot others from EA have to say with a grain of salt though because most of them have only been spoon fed one side of the story, and details have definitely been filtered.

good honestly this site is too full its freezing each time I come here.....  be nice to allkpop too

good honestly this site is too full its freezing each time I come here..... everyone go to allkpop

why are you still here , go to allkpop :soul:  cough "TROLL"

Not really

That's more a result of the falling out between our old admins and the current ones. The light version is that our site wasn't sustaining itself off of ad revenue, the old admin got tired of paying the bill each month, both sides really failed to come up with an alternative solution and shit got petty 

I could go into it further, but since I'm closer to the old admins (well one of them) than the current ones, but technically still part of Entasia's staff... eh. I mean my opinion's going to bite me in the ass anyway.

I'd take what a lot others from EA have to say with a grain of salt though because most of them have only been spoon fed one side of the story, and details have definitely been filtered.

Pray tell more.  We can all learn from the experience (be it positive or negative).

I'm guessing that ipdakchyu and wobble were being billed since the site couldn't sustain itself through ads because they were the original owners. When both of them didn't really use the site much anymore or even care much about K-pop. The new admins probably didn't want to pick up the slack and they weren't asking for user donations either. Not sure why it's redirecting to allkpop though. 

The forum was pretty much on life support anyways. A lot of the more active users rarely posted anymore including me.

Pray tell more.  We can all learn from the experience (be it positive or negative).

I mean like there's no going back lol the forum's dead for now and I don't have the time or energy to work for it again so.. eh.

It's a complicated situation though.

There's some issues from both sides essentially

Old Admins/Owners:

- new admins failed to notify the community of the forum's closure with ample time for the community to prepare (message went out to the forum less than a week when they've known for over a month)

- new admins had a hard time building community, despite giving the forum a number of new features. though there's many factors specific to the community which contributed to that rather than blaming it just on the administration. 

-new admins effed up the ad space that kept the site running w/ a financially unstable new layout

-the community itself was shrinking to a point where it wasn't viable to keep the forum up, especially since AllKPop switched back to the forum software and features Entasia was literally made for.

-argue that the new admins were basically handed a functioning forum and let it die

for the new admins basically what it boils down to is that they wanted to take up financial responsibility but it wasn't handed to them, and felt like their work on the site is going to waste when someone who basically quit working for the site over a year ago tells them that it's being shut down. 

They've also brought up how Ipdakchyuh and Hemi basically sabotaged AKP and Kpopselca (lol) when it changed the first time by starting up Kayo, and now they're ~sabotaging~ Kayo/EA and headed back to AKP, but I don't find that terribly relevant. I mean everyone from EA basically benefitted from that in the first place, so their point is...?

Obviously the community itself is going to take details like one of the admins working for AKP now running and conspire and make up tons of rumors, and it didn't help that one of the old admins threw fuel into the fire for the fun of it because that's how he is but also to defend the other admin  which really solidified the sentiment against them.

my perspective of it is Entasia's current administration has done a lot to promote the sentiment against the old admins who became owners of the site (particularly that they sabotaged this whole process) because it conveniently keeps the community together and they'll be able to launch a new forum, but it's still pretty shitty of them to do that. They were also wavering for a really long time when/how to tell the forum it's closing which I think was kind of unfair too, but the farewell was nice. 

EA's staff itself fed a lot into the conspiracies of why the site was closing and the staff felt slighted by Hemi who took up a job with AKP at approximately the same time it was clear that EA wasn't going to make it a few months

But we're literally talking about a college student who's been paying for a website that she's no longer involved in for a year + 

I'd stop paying for that shit too, but I'd also probably make sure that the people in charge have a plan to pick up the financial responsibility so when they do run the site into the ground at least it's on their shoulders completely. 

But like the drama and the falling out along with EA's community basically lead Hemi to give a fuck you post to everyone on her tumblr and close the site one day early and then have Entasia redirect to AKP. She originally intended AKP to be an alternative once EA shut down, anyway, but the information that she was working for them was leaked by a trollish member of both communities and from there it was spun into something it isn't. 

IDK working for EA has always been a trip and for the past few months it's been really hard seeing it go anywhere so I'm over it lol

The community's on a new forum now and I don't expect that to go very far either honestly after this initial adrenaline rush wears off... half of the community cant bring itself to talk about Kpop anyway and they're better off keeping to messaging app groups if I'm completely honest. It's that clique-y. The people are generally nice and welcoming, but I think it's been very difficult for new people to fit in there.

why are you still here , go to allkpop :soul:  cough "TROLL"

now hey that was kinda rude :imstupid: and I'm ipbanned from allkpop anyways...

I mean like there's no going back lol the forum's dead for now and I don't have the time or energy to work for it again so.. eh.

Old Admins/Owners:

- new admins failed to notify the community of the forum's closure with ample time for the community to prepare (message went out to the forum less than a week when they've known for over a month)

- new admins had a hard time building community, despite giving the forum a number of new features. though there's many factors specific to the community which contributed to that rather than blaming it just on the administration. 

-new admins effed up the ad space that kept the site running w/ a financially unstable new layout

-the community itself was shrinking to a point where it wasn't viable to keep the forum up, especially since AllKPop switched back to the forum software and features Entasia was literally made for.

-argue that the new admins were basically handed a functioning forum and let it die

for the new admins basically what it boils down to is that they wanted to take up financial responsibility but it wasn't handed to them, and felt like their work on the site is going to waste when someone who basically quit working for the site over a year ago tells them that it's being shut down. 

They've also brought up how Ipdakchyuh and Hemi basically sabotaged AKP and Kpopselca (lol) when it changed the first time by starting up Kayo, and now they're ~sabotaging~ Kayo/EA and headed back to AKP, but I don't find that terribly relevant. I mean everyone from EA basically benefitted from that in the first place, so their point is...?

Obviously the community itself is going to take details like one of the admins working for AKP now running and conspire and make up tons of rumors, and it didn't help that one of the old admins threw fuel into the fire for the fun of it because that's how he is but also to defend the other admin  which really solidified the sentiment against them.

my perspective of it is Entasia's current administration has done a lot to promote the sentiment against the old admins who became owners of the site (particularly that they sabotaged this whole process) because it conveniently keeps the community together and they'll be able to launch a new forum, but it's still pretty shitty of them to do that. EA's staff itself fed a lot into the conspiracies of why the site was closing and the staff felt slighted by Hemi who took up a job with AKP at approximately the same time it was clear that EA wasn't going to make it a few months

But we're literally talking about a college student who's been paying for a website that she's no longer involved in for a year + 

I'd stop paying for that shit too, but I'd also probably make sure that the people in charge have a plan to pick up the financial responsibility so when they do run the site into the ground at least it's on their shoulders completely. 

But like the drama and the falling out along with EA's community basically lead Hemi to give a fuck you post to everyone on her tumblr and close the site one day early and then have Entasia redirect to AKP. She originally intended AKP to be an alternative once EA shut down, anyway, but the information that she was working for them was leaked by a trollish member of both communities and from there it was spun into something it isn't. 

IDK working for EA has always been a trip and for the past few months it's been really hard seeing it go anywhere so I'm over it lol

The community's on a new forum now and I don't expect that to go very far either honestly after this initial adrenaline rush wears off... half of the community cant bring itself to talk about Kpop anyway and they're better off keeping to messaging app groups if I'm completely honest. It's that clique-y

That was an interesting read. Thanks.

I don't go to entasia, so the personalities involved are foreign to me.

The other issues aside, any idea why the financials weren't sorted out when the new admin took over from the old admin?  I mean, it's only fair that the old admin be absolved from having to continue and carry the financial burden once the handover took place.

What's the name of the new forum?

Off-topic: I wish someone with inside knowledge of H8 would reveal what led to its closure...

That was an interesting read. Thanks.

I don't go to entasia, so the personalities involved are foreign to me.

The other issues aside, any idea why the financials weren't sorted out when the new admin took over from the old admin?  I mean, it's only fair that the old admin be absolved from having to continue and carry the financial burden once the handover took place.

Off-topic: I wish someone with inside knowledge of H8 would reveal what led to its closure...

I'm not entirely sure why the financial part of the handover never really took place since I was far from being directly involved with that. The administrative duties from what I've gathered were passed on in stages more or less and for some reason that one in particular never happened. My best guess is that it was a trust issue. I remember there being a lot of chat in the staff chat about how Hemi wasn't allowing the new admins to just ask for donations to keep the site running despite many from the community offering to, and insisting that Entasia was going to run off of adspace.

The new admins were never fully given the keys to the forum which was always going to cause problems when Ipdak and Hemi were going to fully move on. 

I agree it shouldn't have been her responsibility after she left the administrator position though.

I understand the preference for ads to donations, but the new administrators should have also been able to make that kind of decision giving that they were the ones in charge at that point.

Old Admins/Owners:

my perspective of it is Entasia's current administration has done a lot to promote the sentiment against the old admins who became owners of the site (particularly that they sabotaged this whole process) because it conveniently keeps the community together and they'll be able to launch a new forum, but it's still pretty shitty of them to do that. They were also wavering for a really long time when/how to tell the forum it's closing which I think was kind of unfair too, but the farewell was nice. 

EA's staff itself fed a lot into the conspiracies of why the site was closing and the staff felt slighted by Hemi who took up a job with AKP at approximately the same time it was clear that EA wasn't going to make it a few months

The community's on a new forum now and I don't expect that to go very far either honestly after this initial adrenaline rush wears off... half of the community cant bring itself to talk about Kpop anyway and they're better off keeping to messaging app groups if I'm completely honest. It's that clique-y. The people are generally nice and welcoming, but I think it's been very difficult for new people to fit in there.

Interesting...

Old Admins/Owners:

Sorry just found this thread.

That's really convoluted but interesting...I joined around a month or two ago when sooyounique/mylargepenis asked me to. He asked me to join back when it first opened as kayo but I said no and left forums/kpop for a year lol.

But everything there seemed really dead, I saw the familiar users were there but the ones I knew weren't like minkwon, the exo group gang. People talked about how there was lots of drama back in the kayo days...

But I'm guessing hemi was wobble.

Is the new forum is spillthedeets?, I just couldn't be bothered joining another forum especially moving from  Akp-onehallyu-kpopselca-entasia and it did seem really clique-y.

Ipdak sure is a drama magnet :lol: