shoujo manga

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 Orion Is Here

Orion Is Here

❀ 수정의 해바라기 ❀

• PipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts
  • LocationWherever Krystal wants me to be.

Posted 07 October 2016 - 02:22 AM

And I was wondering why I never bothered to click on that manga again after I dropped it a few years ago lol. So far, I can only read shoujo mangas from motomi kyousuke and yoshino aki. The rest are mostly major misses for me. With exceptions like Faster than a kiss/Ouran/Kaichou wa maid sama.

#42 hima__

hima__

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 02:20 PM (Edited by hima__, 07 October 2016 - 02:22 PM.)

I can't remember all of the titles since i read tons of shoujo manga (been reading manga since i was 9/10) but I hate manga where the plot:

1. the guy is abusive.  He tramples the girl's feeling all over but once the girl has moved on and found the guy who showers her with love and everything she deserves with, the guy gets angry (like wtf?) and tells the world that she is his and then she cries in happiness and end up together. 

2. the guy is a jerk but the girl still goes after him, never gives up and is willing to do everything for him. like, pls love yourself, girl. 

3. second male lead is billion times better like, the second male lead always saves her sorry ass, helps her when she's in trouble, lends his shoulder when she's crying because of the main guy but the girl still chooses the main guy even though he sucks/meeks. 

4. they are siblings but suddenly they're not blood related and start having feelings for each other. /barf/

5. indecisive main character and always crying/blushing. I get it that some are just more sensitive and can easily cry/blush than the others but doing it again and again in every new chapter annoy me. 

6. should have made the main characters end their relationship because they're clearly unhappy/incompatible but make them together  just for the sake of ~happy ending~

#43 xiashenghan

xiashenghan

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 01:48 AM (Edited by xiashenghan, 08 October 2016 - 01:51 AM.)

We were there. I forgot the Japanese nam but I read it when I was 10 and liked it, reading it now I just cringe

You mean Bokura ga Ita? I'm still trying to read it but for some unknown reason I can't finish it. Maybe because the atmosphere or whatever of the manga is too sad?

Looks like a lot of people don't like Hirunaka no Ryuusei. I totally ship Mamura and Suzume so I'm happy for the ending but I don't hate Shishio like the others. I'm jusy happy for that ending that I didn't expect. I was so sure she would end up with sensei and I've already convinced myself about it.

I have mangas that I have dropped halfway but then again since I didn't like them I forgot their titles. Haha!

And I was wondering if I should start reading Sukitte Ii Nayo but from the looks of it, it's not that good?

#44 ETN17

ETN17

Trainee

• Pip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationNest

Posted 13 October 2016 - 01:03 AM

Pretty much everything by Shinjo Mayu

#45 Peace B

Peace B

♥강슬기♥

• PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Location✧・゚: *✧・゚:* N-City 내가 속해 있는 Soul City *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Posted 13 October 2016 - 04:51 PM

bokura ga ita  :omgwtf:

#46 mmmarie

mmmarie

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 02:50 PM

Black Bird is the only manga I could think off the top of my head ATM. 

It had the potential, I loved the main girl, but she ended up being whiny, crying all the time, so weak half way through the series. I hated every single of it. There was no character development of her through it all.

Spoiler

#47 Orion Is Here

Orion Is Here

❀ 수정의 해바라기 ❀

• PipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts
  • LocationWherever Krystal wants me to be.

Posted 19 October 2016 - 07:19 AM

Black Bird is the only manga I could think off the top of my head ATM. 

It had the potential, I loved the main girl, but she ended up being whiny, crying all the time, so weak half way through the series. I hated every single of it. There was no character development of her through it all.

Spoiler

This manga had so much potential, like even the guys are super hot like Hell I'd rate them 1000000/10, but damn the female lead is so... she's basically the typical damsel in distress. She's pretty but what will that contribute to when she does not grow as a person at all. I skipped to the last chapter after I couldn't take it anymore when he fooled her into thinking that he had to have sex with some dragon's sister and it's so predictable lmao like of Course it's a happy ending. I guess part of it is also because the main guy is... too infatuated that he's barely rational when it comes to her.

I read a few more mangas from this mangaka and I can see similarities in her main female leads. Clumsy, blushy, easily manipulated, just all around not what I want to read. They are pretty, yes, but looks can only get you so far.

#48 mmmarie

mmmarie

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 12:27 PM

^Yeah. I actually don't remember now why I fell for this manga in the first place, and why I said "it had the potential" in my previous post. All I could think of was how much this series wasted my time and money. Obviously my hate for this manga outweighs the good parts of it - not like I'd want to read it over again just to find the good parts.  :unimpressed:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: shoujo, manga

Up, Up and Away!