47 replies to this topic

#21 PeaceMinusOne

PeaceMinusOne

ι love y'all

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,242 posts
  • Locationяι∂ιиg тнє ∂яαgσи

Posted 13 June 2016 - 04:38 PM

I love a lot of Shoujo mangas but Hirunaka no Ryuusei is the worst. Also any mangas in which the Male Chara mistreats the Main girl, that's just not right  :soul:

OMFG i know!!! Shishio got 2 beers, even though until the end, Suzume seemed like she loved Shishio deeply, but then the unexpected came lol.

Honestly the mangaka was in deed swayed by Mazume/Mamura fans, i remember a lot of Mazume fans went on a riot everytime there was Shizume moments in the manga.  :unsure:

Every time I remember the last chapter and the crap that happened in it my blood boils ugh

I always think it's pretty cheap tho when mangakas get swayed by popular opinions or fans' pressure. Like, this is your own manga and own story, not the fans' or the editors', man up and write what you want!

Chunchun spent the entirety of the manga loving Shishio and fantasizing about him all the time, but for some mysterious reason she switched her feelings in the last chapter >_> lol Chunchun's uncle who was the reason why they broke up in the first place didn't get reprimanded for what happened, Chunchun didn't even care to ask Shishio why he broke up with her back then... it's 100% obvious the mangaka did what the majority of the fans told her to do.

Mazume shippers flooded her twitter back then, calling her names and demeaning her while bashing Shishio (even tho it was his birthday) because Chunchun left Mamura and went to see Shishio in the hospital. It was nasty and rude.

Damn sis, you reminded me of all the rage I felt back then lmao.

#22 Prompto

Prompto

♡ ᴍᴀɢɪᴄᴀʟ ɢɪʀʟ ♡

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • LocationThe tale of the chosen king, savior to the star.

Posted 13 June 2016 - 05:35 PM

Every time I remember the last chapter and the crap that happened in it my blood boils ugh

I always think it's pretty cheap tho when mangakas get swayed by popular opinions or fans' pressure. Like, this is your own manga and own story, not the fans' or the editors', man up and write what you want!

Chunchun spent the entirety of the manga loving Shishio and fantasizing about him all the time, but for some mysterious reason she switched her feelings in the last chapter >_> lol Chunchun's uncle who was the reason why they broke up in the first place didn't get reprimanded for what happened, Chunchun didn't even care to ask Shishio why he broke up with her back then... it's 100% obvious the mangaka did what the majority of the fans told her to do.

Mazume shippers flooded her twitter back then, calling her names and demeaning her while bashing Shishio (even tho it was his birthday) because Chunchun left Mamura and went to see Shishio in the hospital. It was nasty and rude.

Damn sis, you reminded me of all the rage I felt back then lmao.

Honestly this manga is such a wasted potential, Yamamori Mika's writing ruined her manga on so many ways it pisses me off that i ever wasted my time reading it.

First of, Mamura's lack of development, we know he has misogynistic traits but never find out until the very end of the manga, bc his mom left them for another dude. Shishio and Suzume got plenty of development, in fact, Shishio has more plot relevancy in the manga even after Shizume break up, lmao, this annoys me because if Yamamori really wanted a Mazume ending, it would have been better to develop them more, but she didn't.

Yukichi never told anything to Suzume about why Shishio let her go. Suzume had the right to know why, tbh. There's also Suzume never questioning this , it makes me think that Yamamori didn't let this happen because then Mazume wouldn't have a chance.

When Shishio tries to get her back, Suzume still confused never rly told Shishio to back off, which obviously adds more drama to this stupid love triangle.

AND THEN TO TOP IT OFF, Yamamori Mika humiliates Shishio even more by writing an extra chapter showing Shishio still unable to move on from Suzume after god knows how many years and he gets drunk after seeing her happy with Mamura, then brings this unknown female character to light implying they would eventually get together lmao.  :soul:  :soul:  :soul:  :soul:

To me it feels like she had something personal against Shishio's character lmao, i do remember someone mentioning she had written on twitter about how she found Shishio annoying.......now that's just.............ugh.........Then to that, add the bratty entitled Mazume fans, hypocrites cos they deem Shizume "toxic" and "problematic" because Shishio is Suzume's teacher when they started reading HNR because they were attracted to a student/teacher relationship, flooding her twitter with complaints and threats.

There's no doubt she sold out and regrets it, i mean look at her new manga, Tsubaki Chou lonely planet, both main characters are clones of Suzume/Shishio  :hurr:

SORRY FOR THE LONG RANT, but i hated the ending as much as you and i still can't believe how she sold out like that.

#23 Sin Nombre

Sin Nombre

They Call Me Baepsae

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,346 posts
  • LocationFloating and flowing in Jimin's vocal color~~~~~~

Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:16 AM

Fruits Basket

#24 mcvities

mcvities

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 11:04 AM

overly cute ones and the ones where the relationship goes nowhere

#25 yeoto

yeoto

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 01:39 PM

Don't have any names but I really don't like age-gap mangas (whether they be shoujo or shounen/shoujo ai) like when the student gets w/ the teacher while the student still isn't legal. I'm just not into that stuff and it seems to be everywhere with shoujos.

#26 lavender mint

lavender mint

Cardcaptor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,266 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 July 2016 - 09:13 PM

Vampire Knight

#27 Néon

Néon

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts
  • Location゜・。。・゜゜・。。・゜☆゜もう聞かないで ☆゜・。。・゜゜・。。・゜

Posted 29 July 2016 - 04:16 PM

Ookami shoujo to kuro ouji it's one of the worst shoujo I've ever seen

#28 The Jany

The Jany

(◍•ᴗ•◍)♡ ✧*。

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,919 posts
  • Locationselling Paruru's miracle salt

Posted 04 August 2016 - 11:51 AM (Edited by The Jany, 04 August 2016 - 11:52 AM.)

any shoujo with:

• emotionally weak female mc
  • abusive male mc
  • a good second character used as a sacrifice lamb for the sake of the main couple
  • female mc desperate for the male's attention and ready to do anything to get loved back (ie: being a dog)
  • indecisive mc aka the one who makes readers go 'just choose one damn it"
  • oblivious and overly meek and insecure mc who only confess after 93253394 chapters

#29 DrkSpphrGT

DrkSpphrGT

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 August 2016 - 06:31 PM

All shoujo manga that have one girl and like 2-4 guys falling for her and she starts having feelings for more than one guy. It's so unbearable and overused. And it's obvious who she ends up with. That's why majority of the time I like the secondary female characters.

#30 taigemei

taigemei

♥ gay princess ♥

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,708 posts
  • Location♡ 自由自在 ♡

Posted 22 August 2016 - 01:00 PM

all shoujo manga that glorify abusive relationships :C

i hate that it's such a prevalent trope, i just want to read some cute romance :ccc

#31 SquareD

SquareD

Idol

• PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • LocationI love many groups but they don't love me

Posted 06 September 2016 - 03:20 PM

hana yori dango

Honestly.

#32 vi

vi

1 of 1 girl

• PipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 03:41 PM

I read Heroine Shikkaku and can say I hate it, and I couldn't get past the first few chapters of Ookami or Sukitte.

#33 Moon.

Moon.

My milk 데인 맘에 붓죠

• PipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 04:15 PM

I know a lot of people consider this shoujo as a classic, but I couldn't finish Kyō, Koi o Hajimemasu tbh. Both of the Tsubakis were really annoying seriously.

#34 Vagus

Vagus

☾ I'm a full-time Dreamer ☽

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,146 posts
  • Locationlove you

Posted 06 September 2016 - 04:36 PM

I don't read much Shoujo, but the last one I read was Hirunaka no Ryuusei. The ending pissed me off like nothing else. I wasn't pissed off because of my bias towards Shishio instead of bland Mamura, but because it was very clear the mangaka was swayed by the popularity of Mamura and disregarded Shishio's character and relegated him to the state of a side character even tho the manga was named after him. I'm still butthurt about this tbh. I love Chunchun tho, she's a cool girl.

#35 MyeonandOnly

MyeonandOnly

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • LocationBunny Kingdom

Posted 08 September 2016 - 05:10 AM

Ookami shoujo to kuro ouji it's one of the worst shoujo I've ever seen

Is it that bad? It's in my plan-to-read list.

Worst shoujo I've read is Hot Gimmick. The main heroine is a total pushover and has a door-in-the-mat personality. And she becomes a slave to a guy due to a misunderstanding. 

I notice that a lot of people seem to like this master-and-slave relationship the most in stories. I don't even know why. 

#36 SpaceDaddyCutieSmoochSmooc

SpaceDaddyCutieSmoochSmooc

<FlopXO-L>

• PipPipPip
  • 2,453 posts
  • LocationThe butt cheeks that Lay spread open.

Posted 08 September 2016 - 05:49 AM

My friend suggested this Sukitte ii nayo manga..and man..I hate this manga already..

Once a fuckboy always a fuckboy... HE WILL CHEAT ON YOU GUURRRLLL, you deserve better!

Geez, I hate dumb girls the most.  :cry:

I will praise the author if they'll break up! Seriously... let the girl live.. that playboy fuckboy MC guy is a jerk.

I will never read this manga again... sorry but it's just..dumb..

--- current shoujo manga you hate?

omg same! I dropped that series a long time ago! Girls who gets cheated on and STILL cling to the boy, ugh i hate those characters the most esp on shoujo mangas

#37 Blue_Knight

Blue_Knight

Hanbin's

• PipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts
  • LocationKonoha

Posted 16 September 2016 - 10:41 AM

Ao Haru Ride. I loved the first half of it, but the second half went haywire. I just hated both Kou and Futaba to the ends of the Earth. Kikuchi didn't deserve what happened to him.  :rlytearpls:

#38 The Jany

The Jany

(◍•ᴗ•◍)♡ ✧*。

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,919 posts
  • Locationselling Paruru's miracle salt

Posted 16 September 2016 - 10:51 AM

Is it that bad? It's in my plan-to-read list.

it's a master and dog relationship. The boy literally makes the stupid heroine barf

#39 Ginger91

Ginger91

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• PipPipPip
  • 866 posts
  • Locationstalking your oppas

Posted 16 September 2016 - 11:19 AM (Edited by Ginger91, 16 September 2016 - 11:19 AM.)

We were there. I forgot the Japanese nam but I read it when I was 10 and liked it, reading it now I just cringe

#40 nosananolife

nosananolife

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts
  • LocationJYP Entertainment

Posted 21 September 2016 - 05:01 AM

every shoujo that i read or watched i always love it

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: shoujo, manga

Up, Up and Away!