[ Official ] Get LOVE SHOT By EXO on 13/12

SUHO XIUMIN LAY BAEKHYUN CHEN CHANYEOL D.O. KAI SEHUN EXO

214478 replies to this topic

#214461 obada

obada

Idol

• PipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted Today, 06:47 PM (Edited by obada, Today, 07:02 PM.)

I loved love shot is like people have said easy to listen and catchy but still interesting, though for me tempo is still the best, but I'm really happy with this song and the mv is what we have been waiting for, I didn't have high hopes before the teasers because the repackages since LMR always have been how to say it, let's said most people weren't really happy, but this time the song, the mv everything is pretty amazing, I'm genuinely surprise sm gave us such quality mv with all this sets and scenarios, THREE differents dance shots, I love the car scenes finally an outdoor scene, it definitely gives a different feeling than the box mvs even though I also appreciate those MVs, though is kinda sad they didn't use all this to shoot for the album booklet maybe because of time the pics would have been beautiful, also please SM release a performance version, I feel like I shouldn't said this because I always ask the same and they never release a dance version I prefer them over dance practices.

about choreo...

I won't complain about formation but I just want to say that 1 million (or something?) studio ain't shit, most of their choreos for EXO is total mess - just fast unnesessary hand moves all over the place - and ofc not eveyone can keep up with that. Some performances are even ruined for me - Forever, for example, damn mess. Kokobop is shit too. They probably just not good at choreographing group dances???
"yup we made this messy af choreo only Kai can follow and look good doing it, so we put the worse ones at the back", bitch what? It's your job to create a fitting choreo that will make performance good, memorable and replayable.

Love Shot is better than most, I might agree, but overall - meh.... I always look up to Twice's choreos - maybe they are not hard hitting or something, but super neat, formation are nice, there is form and continuation to everything, they are memorable and all 9(!) girls can be seen.
So, like, if you are not skilled enough for this job, step out? As GROUP dance Love Shot is really nothing special or good.

no srsly, show me at least one interesting formation in Love Shot.. lines, arrow and circle? that's it? Kokobop? all about arrow formation. Interesting transitions between formations?

I don't know about love shot I won't judge before seeing the full dance, but I agree about forever and kokobop, I remember I was annoyed when I saw the choreographer dancing to forever and it looked like it was created for him and not exo in mind like only super agile dancers could execute the steps as it was suppose to be, because it was super quick and all members have to dance at the same time so some look off, it looked more like a dance break for a soloist than a group choreo, and similar for kokobop though is better but I never completely like it, like I love most of their choreos,  I wonder who did electric kiss, that is an amazing choreo with interesting formations and strong energetic steps but not too over the top, from what we have seem love shot looks pretty good I like all what I see, about hiding members I know is difficult to work with even numbers so I guess is hard but they should be more careful I don't know if they did the eve or power but also baekhyun was hide in the back sometimes,  Exo best choreo to me is monster I don't know who did it but is the best. I remember people complained about Tony testa as well but I always like his choreographies, true they use many strong moves that could be too much or even dangerous but were always so creative and unique.

#214462 zella

zella

Nation's First Love

• Naughty
  • 26,322 posts

Posted Today, 06:54 PM (Edited by zella, Today, 07:07 PM.)

Album photocards

---

NOOOO.482904467843448850.png?v=1

#214463 obada

obada

Idol

• PipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted Today, 07:34 PM

Does love shot has like a reggae kinda feel or like a tropical feel It gave me this feeling? and mix with the marching band in some parts is really interesting, I also love chen "it's the love shot" at the end is more like a whine, he never did something like that in a song but really fit the song. 

#214464 YuMing

YuMing

:3

• Naughty
  • 4,371 posts
  • Location~QUINTUPLE MILLION SELLERS EXO~

Posted Today, 07:41 PM

In light of EXO's variety show appearances (Still can't believe they are going on shows https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot... ) i feel like we need to see this and have a word about this https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

goddamit jongdae SLKJFLGJDKFG

#214465 zella

zella

Nation's First Love

• Naughty
  • 26,322 posts

Posted Today, 07:42 PM

#214466 luluexo.12

luluexo.12

Senior Idol

• Naughty
  • 501 posts
  • LocationSM is shit, EXO deserves better.

Posted Today, 07:43 PM

Egg sandwiches for Eggs hurrplz.png

#214467 BLOBLUE

BLOBLUE

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted Today, 07:50 PM

I just past here to say Trauma is the best track I have listening from exo in a long time. I'm in loop with it, that song just took me by surprise, wish their company promote this kind of tracks from them. I like funky exo the best.

And about the dance thing, I personally see it like the song thing. Exo have songs with a high complicated vocal hability that are mostly sing by their main singers to showcase their talent why the leads/rappers migt have a line or so to not take from the song is level, and it doesn't matter which song, chen-beak and Kyungsoo will overpower. With the choreography is the same, the industry is full of idols with amazing dancers, and the boys in genrral step so much on this years its fair for them to own it. Yet we shoul not forget that some of their most difficut dances where with Testa at their 2 years of career. Like exo always had complicated choreos, they just have less time to practice as a group now. Its fair that the dancers have choreos where they can showcase their talent to the max, exo only have some promo exposure in the music industry when they comeback. It doesn't matter how easy, cohesioned or whatever the choreograpgy is, it would be easier for Kai to shine it, that doesn't mean the rest are not capable,look at cbx, & literally both suho and chanyeol have growth ways into dancing over the years.

Now style wish i never cared about kasper, but mihawk is grat. Yet my favorite exo choreo still overdose with Tony. Yeah the level of the dance is too complicated for singers, but that is kpop for you, is about to be a visually perfomer even if you ain't no beyoncé

#214468 Kyungsoothing

Kyungsoothing

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts
  • LocationSearching for the place i belong to

Posted Today, 08:00 PM (Edited by Kyungsoothing, Today, 08:11 PM.)

I don't know about love shot I won't judge before seeing the full dance, but I agree about forever and kokobop, I remember I was annoyed when I saw the choreographer dancing to forever and it looked like it was created for him and not exo in mind like only super agile dancers could execute the steps as it was suppose to be, because it was super quick and all members have to dance at the same time so some look off, it looked more like a dance break for a soloist than a group choreo, and similar for kokobop though is better but I never completely like it, like I love most of their choreos, I wonder who did electric kiss, that is an amazing choreo with interesting formations and strong energetic steps but not too over the top, from what we have seem love shot looks pretty good I like all what I see, about hiding members I know is difficult to work with even numbers so I guess is hard but they should be more careful I don't know if they did the eve or power but also baekhyun was hide in the back sometimes, Exo best choreo to me is monster I don't know who did it but is the best. I remember people complained about Tony testa as well but I always like his choreographies, true they use many strong moves that could be too much or even dangerous but were always so creative and unique.

Agree

Monster choreo was created by Nappytabs who did Call Me Baby iirc.

Honestly, I'm not really feeling their choreos lately too. They're still okay and i can see the different style that you won't really see from other groups but it just missing something.. idk. EXO should work with Nappytabs and Nick Bass (Growl) again. Their choreos are very eye catching and memorable yet still complex and unique. I can even take Tony too

#214469 ℓochnessie

ℓochnessie

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • LocationJongin's purple eyebrows

Posted Today, 08:20 PM

I can't stop watching this lmao

Trauma slaps so damn hard

#214470 zella

zella

Nation's First Love

• Naughty
  • 26,322 posts

Posted Today, 08:27 PM

#214471 Goℓdfinch

Goℓdfinch

Cℓownfinch

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,243 posts
  • LocationEl Dorado

Posted Today, 08:30 PM (Edited by Goℓdfinch, Today, 08:41 PM.)

nah, fam, Overdose, Growl, Monster - all of them had something characteristic to songs, they fit the song and they looked good as a group.
Choreos like kkb tho? Mostly it's just N men dancing same moves that are fast paced and hard to do in sync. It doesn't matter what the song is, they often try to fit in as many moves in one second as they can x))) As result choreo lacks originality, unity and cohesivness and it's not interesting to watch them dancing as a whole - bc there is nothing to watch, we might as well just prefer individual fancams, meanwhile choreos like Monster is something you want to watch them dance as a group, it's a group choreo.

Or, for example, which choreo better - kkb or the eve? of course the eve, it's trendy choreo, it's memorable and something you van accosiate with the song right away. And what, is it that hard, fast and possible only for excellent dancers? No. It's pretty chill (in pace) and doesn't have as much elements.
Or compare Forever and Going Crazy. Forever is such an epic song, it gives you so many images it had so much potential and what we got in choreo/performance? It doesn't fit the song and it's not interesting, it is not memorable. And we have Going Crazy ehich 100500 times better anf 1000500 more interesting.

Hard is cool when the outcome is amazing, but boys rip their asses of for something that not even that great and usually looks messy bc not everyone can keep up?

Or Cloud9? I don't even like the song, but I enjoy choreo so much! Its not fast or super complicated, but it is beautiful and really fits the song (even thought it doesn't have super duper formation or something). Choreo is not about HITTING HAAARD, MORE FAST MORE SHARP, MORE MOVES PET SECOND. It is about performamce, about giving character to the song, giving visual representation of the song, bc EXO are not bunch of individual dancers on dance competition, they are singer-performers.
They are giving complicated and hard choreo and put members that are not good in their opinion on the back? It's not what they are sapoused to do.
You can disagree with me, but I said what I said - 1 million studio boys are bad at choreographing for a singing group and they are bad at giving character to choreo so it would suit the song (they usually just throw whatever will fit the rhythm lol) - maybe Love Shot is a little exception from this, idk.
Choreographers should take advantage of group - include more formations, more elements that looks good exactly bc there are many people (for example Growl bridge - ot doesn't look that cool when only one person doing it). But for 1mstudio it feels like "group" is a burden to them and they don't know where to place "extra" dansers lol.
and Im not sure if they worked on The Eve and Going Crazy, but Im pretty sure they didn't, those choreos are too good and not hard hitting-messy, they wouldn't come up with something like that.

I srsly wish for whoever make choreo for Twice to work with EXO lmao.
Or bring back nappy tabs and tony testa.

sorry for messy grammar

#214472 kokoBOB

kokoBOB

Idol

• PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted Today, 09:02 PM

When you come to join in on the EXO appreciation party but find yourself in a Tw*ce appreciation thread instead.....

#214473 MaRy❀

MaRy❀

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,444 posts

Posted Today, 09:13 PM

DuV5iUbV4AAGhVe.jpgDuV5jeYU0AACwdJ.jpgDuV5kQDU0AEiwZw.jpgDuV5fKwUcAAJ7fo.jpg

Suho snapped warstarplz.png QRLGYBO.png

#214474 copperfire

copperfire

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted Today, 09:14 PM

Right so I just realized how good Trauma is \^_^/

#214475 luluexo.12

luluexo.12

Senior Idol

• Naughty
  • 501 posts
  • LocationSM is shit, EXO deserves better.

Posted Today, 09:16 PM

When you come to join in on the EXO appreciation party but find yourself in a Tw*ce appreciation thread instead.....

Lol where did that happen?

LMAO!!!! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#214476 ℓochnessie

ℓochnessie

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • LocationJongin's purple eyebrows

Posted Today, 09:23 PM

GUYS WRITE YOUR WILLS NOW EXO ARE WEARING THE SUITS FOR MUSIC BANK

giphy.webp

#214477 ... . .

... . .

• PipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts

Posted Today, 09:31 PM (Edited by ... . ., Today, 09:37 PM.)

lovestruck.pnglovestruck.png

I can't stop watching this lmao

Trauma slaps so damn hard

LMAO my new favorite video! laugh.png Trauma is amazing lovestruck.png

I just listened to the album and watched the mv only now but I'm in love already warstarplz.png (I've been love shot laugh.png )

Love the songs, love the mv, love the styling in the mv and I genuinely love the choreo - it's hypnotizing, I seriously didn't look away even for a second omg

Also I wasn't expecting them to debut 1 on Melon at all rlytearpls.png  And 60 itunes no1 alreadyrlytearpls.png  wtfrlytearpls.png

#214478 WenSuelRene

WenSuelRene

🌒Time For the Moon Night 🌙

• Nice
  • 9,244 posts
  • LocationRed Mare

Posted Today, 09:46 PM

I also love chen "it's the love shot" at the end is more like a whine, he never did something like that in a song but really fit the song. 

Doing what he does best hurrplz.png

QRLGYBO.png QRLGYBO.png QRLGYBO.png QRLGYBO.png 

#214479 VallasC

VallasC

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted Today, 09:50 PM

nah, fam, Overdose, Growl, Monster - all of them had something characteristic to songs, they fit the song and they looked good as a group.
Choreos like kkb tho? Mostly it's just N men dancing same moves that are fast paced and hard to do in sync. It doesn't matter what the song is, they often try to fit in as many moves in one second as they can x))) As result choreo lacks originality, unity and cohesivness and it's not interesting to watch them dancing as a whole - bc there is nothing to watch, we might as well just prefer individual fancams, meanwhile choreos like Monster is something you want to watch them dance as a group, it's a group choreo.

Or, for example, which choreo better - kkb or the eve? of course the eve, it's trendy choreo, it's memorable and something you van accosiate with the song right away. And what, is it that hard, fast and possible only for excellent dancers? No. It's pretty chill (in pace) and doesn't have as much elements.
Or compare Forever and Going Crazy. Forever is such an epic song, it gives you so many images it had so much potential and what we got in choreo/performance? It doesn't fit the song and it's not interesting, it is not memorable. And we have Going Crazy ehich 100500 times better anf 1000500 more interesting.

Hard is cool when the outcome is amazing, but boys rip their asses of for something that not even that great and usually looks messy bc not everyone can keep up?

Or Cloud9? I don't even like the song, but I enjoy choreo so much! Its not fast or super complicated, but it is beautiful and really fits the song (even thought it doesn't have super duper formation or something). Choreo is not about HITTING HAAARD, MORE FAST MORE SHARP, MORE MOVES PET SECOND. It is about performamce, about giving character to the song, giving visual representation of the song, bc EXO are not bunch of individual dancers on dance competition, they are singer-performers.
They are giving complicated and hard choreo and put members that are not good in their opinion on the back? It's not what they are sapoused to do.
You can disagree with me, but I said what I said - 1 million studio boys are bad at choreographing for a singing group and they are bad at giving character to choreo so it would suit the song (they usually just throw whatever will fit the rhythm lol) - maybe Love Shot is a little exception from this, idk.
Choreographers should take advantage of group - include more formations, more elements that looks good exactly bc there are many people (for example Growl bridge - ot doesn't look that cool when only one person doing it). But for 1mstudio it feels like "group" is a burden to them and they don't know where to place "extra" dansers lol.
and Im not sure if they worked on The Eve and Going Crazy, but Im pretty sure they didn't, those choreos are too good and not hard hitting-messy, they wouldn't come up with something like that.

I srsly wish for whoever make choreo for Twice to work with EXO lmao.
Or bring back nappy tabs and tony testa.

sorry for messy grammar

Kasper choreographed Call Me Baby and Kokobop. CMB has one of the best choreographies of all time. He also did White Noise which is also ridiculously popular and an amazing piece of choreography. I was so disappointed in the last tour precisely because I felt like White Noise's choreo was so much better than most of the others. You're literally not making sense. He matches the choreography with the tone of the song. He also did What U Need from Lay which is also top tier choreo.

You can not like KKB but calling them trash is pointless. They're some of the top choreographers in the game and while I do wish they were a little more abstract with the dance, I feel like dances like Love Shot and Tempo are super attention grabbing. Power is the weak one.

You seem to like the more lyrical dances. Songs like Overdose and Monster are very lyrical and show it. However push too far to the extreme and you get something like Wolf. Okay go super far the other direction and you get something like Lucky One, super technical, nothing really catchy or easy to do, in fact Lucky One is one of their hardest dances.

Except Lucky One is great. It's really smooth and really fun. So what are other examples of high technique dances? Lotto is also super high technique, one of their best choreos ever. The first lipstick chateau where they go in the lean formation is insane, and the ground dance break is iconic too.

Songs like Tempo, Love Shot, and KKB are in the middle between high technical and lyrical (actually KKB is more lyrical which is what you like)

Love Me Right, CMB, and Growl also fall here.

SO you don't like Kasper but you love Call Me Baby. You don't like high technique dances but Lucky One, Lotto, and White Noise are some of the best. You really like dances with a mix of lyrical and technique, like Monster, but don't like Love Shot.

Up, Up and Away!