Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo

Official Artist Thread

Art Drawing Painting Ceramics Sculpture Graphics Architecture Share it If youre cool like that Blerp

982 replies to this topic

#1 sweetjohoney

sweetjohoney

Erogenous Zone

• Awards Flopdinator
  • 7,735 posts
  • Locationseeding at 99%

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:19 PM

Your artistic creations have a place here. Fill your lovely art with these pages.

#2 Seyoncé

Seyoncé

Seyong's Waifu

• PipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • LocationDrawing the Yong

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:35 PM

OMG PANDA YOU BEAT ME!

Filling the thread with some recent stuff and some old favorites

QPqhr89.jpg

4Vb9lLj.jpg

RE6WAxq.jpg

I'll put the rest in spoilers:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3 Stormborn

Stormborn

Senior Idol

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • LocationBetween Two Lungs

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:25 AM

Yay, hello. It's Jack... I decided that Anal Pump isn't necessarily the best username. I went onto AKP for a while and posted there (and the artist thread - which is so small), but I was banned later that day. 

:~)

I'll drop in my recent stuff too. 

DSC_0408_zps2ec80e46.jpg

Those other two water colour paintings: 
Spoiler

Western Idols
Spoiler

Sunggyu (Dec 2012)
Spoiler

#4 sweetjohoney

sweetjohoney

Erogenous Zone

• Awards Flopdinator
  • 7,735 posts
  • Locationseeding at 99%

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:44 AM

@Alicia I made it from my cellphone too.  *whips hair back*

Zelo2_zpsea0fc576.jpg

MiryoPic_zps752a19d8.jpg

#5 illunnienati

illunnienati

▲90's baby▲

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,835 posts
  • Locationcleaning BP's dorm

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:13 AM

Wooo.Im not sure if i should post yet though...like anything Is allowed right ? 

Do you guys have any fave artists?

#6 Stormborn

Stormborn

Senior Idol

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:34 AM

Wooo.Im not sure if i should post yet though...like anything Is allowed right ? 

Do you guys have any fave artists?

Anything is allowed. Digital art, traditional, sculpture, etc. 

In terms of modern artists, there are so many to choose from for me. ><
I studied a bit of Renaissance recently, so I'm into a bit of that stuff as of now. I like Boticelli. 

#7 illunnienati

illunnienati

▲90's baby▲

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:29 AM

Anything is allowed. Digital art, traditional, sculpture, etc. 

In terms of modern artists, there are so many to choose from for me. ><
I studied a bit of Renaissance recently, so I'm into a bit of that stuff as of now. I like Boticelli. 

Nice choice with Boticelli, I like him. We have yet to study art history properly.( have to wait till 11th grade bleh) 

When I was younger I was all about  Renaissance, since I didn''t pay much attention to 18th/19th century artists.

One of my favorite from around that time is Caravaggio. + random works like the Sistine chapel and etc etc.

I lovee Baroque sculptors..they're simply amazing.Other than that mainly rn Im into Rembrandt/Vrubel/Degas. ^^

Im need to research more in general though xd Like more modern artists.  Whats your medium?

#8 Stormborn

Stormborn

Senior Idol

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:00 AM

Nice choice with Boticelli, I like him. We have yet to study art history properly.( have to wait till 11th grade bleh) 

When I was younger I was all about  Renaissance, since I didn''t pay much attention to 18th/19th century artists.

One of my favorite from around that time is Caravaggio. + random works like the Sistine chapel and etc etc.

I lovee Baroque sculptors..they're simply amazing.Other than that mainly rn Im into Rembrandt/Vrubel/Degas. ^^

Im need to research more in general though xd Like more modern artists.  Whats your medium?

I don't have any mediums I solely work with - I need to experiment more. I'd say I'm quite new to art. 

To sum up:

• sculpturing/carving hebel stone (once)
  • acrylic paints (once)
  • oil paints (once)
  • experimenting with watercolours now 
  • using clay next term at school (caricature)

And of course, pencils/graphite (and charcoal sometimes) are mostly used.

I bought a Wacom Bamboo Fun Pen and Touch last night - gonna get into some digital art :).

My optional classes at school include art, graphics design and photography.

#9 illunnienati

illunnienati

▲90's baby▲

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:16 AM

I don't have any mediums I solely work with - I need to experiment more. I'd say I'm quite new to art. 

To sum up:

• sculpturing/carving hebel stone (once)
  • acrylic paints (once)
  • oil paints (once)
  • experimenting with watercolours now 
  • using clay next term at school (caricature)

And of course, pencils/graphite (and charcoal sometimes) are mostly used.

I bought a Wacom Bamboo Fun Pen and Touch last night - gonna get into some digital art :).

My optional classes at school include art, graphics design and photography.

Thats so cool we don't have photography. I go to a fine arts one. We have the choice between painting, sculpture, graphic arts and illustration. (and its kinda elitist xd)

Congrats on the tablet.I got one this Christmas , but my mom doesn't let me take it to my dorm...so when you combine my breaks. I only got like 3 weeks of practice so far. I'm getting nowhere xddd  

They don't even let me use it that much cause I have to "work on my traditional' =___=

Right now I'm using the tablet for my manga stuff....I'm kinda banned from both so why not combo it eh xd

I REALLY want to experiment. But I can't when I'm in that zoo called a dormitory. My fave medium is black and white.Ink, charcoal.

I'm just a black/white person. ^^ But I have these weird moments when I want to paint so badd xd.

#10 Stormborn

Stormborn

Senior Idol

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:30 AM

Thats so cool we don't have photography. I go to a fine arts one. We have the choice between painting, sculpture, graphic arts and illustration. (and its kinda elitist xd)

Congrats on the tablet.I got one this Christmas , but my mom doesn't let me take it to my dorm...so when you combine my breaks. I only got like 3 weeks of practice so far. I'm getting nowhere xddd  

They don't even let me use it that much cause I have to "work on my traditional' =___=

Right now I'm using the tablet for my manga stuff....I'm kinda banned from both so why not combo it eh xd

I REALLY want to experiment. But I can't when I'm in that zoo called a dormitory. My fave medium is black and white.Ink, charcoal.

I'm just a black/white person. ^^ But I have these weird moments when I want to paint so badd xd.

A fine arts school? Ooo, sounds interesting. So what classes do you take out of them?

Haha, yeah. I was asking my mother for one for Christmas but nope. Just decided to buy myself one, can't be bothered waiting. And that's odd why she doesn't let you practice/experiment with it. So your mother is kind of forceful in terms of what you do art-wise, or whatever? Banned? Omg. 

I really want to experiment too, although I'm always nervous about those things. I lack confidence in nearly all areas of life, lol... it's something I aspire to change. >< 

Ooo~~ ink. Nice :). I'm usually a black and white person as well - not good at using colours, at all.

#11 illunnienati

illunnienati

▲90's baby▲

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:29 AM

A fine arts school? Ooo, sounds interesting. So what classes do you take out of them?

Haha, yeah. I was asking my mother for one for Christmas but nope. Just decided to buy myself one, can't be bothered waiting. And that's odd why she doesn't let you practice/experiment with it. So your mother is kind of forceful in terms of what you do art-wise, or whatever? Banned? Omg. 

I really want to experiment too, although I'm always nervous about those things. I lack confidence in nearly all areas of life, lol... it's something I aspire to change. >< 

Ooo~~ ink. Nice :). I'm usually a black and white person as well - not good at using colours, at all.

I don't "take up" classes.Till 9th grade you have a schedule,ours are very arts heavy .For example my art related subjects are anatomy,

pianting, composition, sculpture (were doing busts at the moment woe is me xd) , graphics stuff and tons of after school stuff if you even bother.

After 9th you choose a specialty. Then you have a  brand new schedule thats heavy on that specialty. ;)

Oh yesss my school is interesting if by interesting you mean high , I agree xd Mmm we have art trips....lord the art trips.might as well call it a mobile frat party.

Theres NOTHING to be nervous about when experimenting.The thing is you do it for yourself,by yourself.

Its called experimenting cause you can screw up 100 ways but nobody can say or know anything. xd I'm a total

anti social awkward penguin so its ok xddd 

Honestly the more i grow up. The more controlling people get around me , art wise. Oh no stop it with the manga,you don't need digital. 

They said do this do that blah blah. Yes they ban me xdd When I say I don't feel it/ don't have interest in that. They get all uugh very annoying

and use certain reasons against me and they always win.Cause those reasons give them lots of right. But still at the same time they sound so

ignorant sometimes.Like right now I had a fight with my mom.She forced me to do illustration when I wanted digital.i was like angry so i just slammed the wall with my right hand open....ouchieee xdd now i cant do neither haha. 

When there are "higher ups" from academies  influencing your mother about your path, yess abitttttt forceful xdd 

#12 Stormborn

Stormborn

Senior Idol

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:17 AM

I don't "take up" classes.Till 9th grade you have a schedule,ours are very arts heavy .For example my art related subjects are anatomy,

pianting, composition, sculpture (were doing busts at the moment woe is me xd) , graphics stuff and tons of after school stuff if you even bother.

After 9th you choose a specialty. Then you have a  brand new schedule thats heavy on that specialty. ;)

Oh yesss my school is interesting if by interesting you mean high , I agree xd Mmm we have art trips....lord the art trips.might as well call it a mobile frat party.

Theres NOTHING to be nervous about when experimenting.The thing is you do it for yourself,by yourself.

Its called experimenting cause you can screw up 100 ways but nobody can say or know anything. xd I'm a total

anti social awkward penguin so its ok xddd 

Honestly the more i grow up. The more controlling people get around me , art wise. Oh no stop it with the manga,you don't need digital. 

They said do this do that blah blah. Yes they ban me xdd When I say I don't feel it/ don't have interest in that. They get all uugh very annoying

and use certain reasons against me and they always win.Cause those reasons give them lots of right. But still at the same time they sound so

ignorant sometimes.Like right now I had a fight with my mom.She forced me to do illustration when I wanted digital.i was like angry so i just slammed the wall with my right hand open....ouchieee xdd now i cant do neither haha. 

When there are "higher ups" from academies  influencing your mother about your path, yess abitttttt forceful xdd 

Haha, wahhhh... it sounds kinda, intense? But very very cool. I'd like to go to a school like that, although my career choice may not even be directed towards anything related to art. What year are you in and what is your speciality? 

In year 12 there's usually an arts camp for all of the higher art students, but that's it. 

That's just how I am though - I'm always going to be nervous. I'm a lazy perfectionist. Lazy doesn't take away the perfectionist thing... if I do something wrong/big failure.... D:

Ahahaha ahhh lord, that's a bit odd haha. At least, either way, you're going to become a really good artist. 

#13 illunnienati

illunnienati

▲90's baby▲

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:29 AM

Haha, wahhhh... it sounds kinda, intense? But very very cool. I'd like to go to a school like that, although my career choice may not even be directed towards anything related to art. What year are you in and what is your speciality? 

In year 12 there's usually an arts camp for all of the higher art students, but that's it. 

That's just how I am though - I'm always going to be nervous. I'm a lazy perfectionist. Lazy doesn't take away the perfectionist thing... if I do something wrong/big failure.... D:

Ahahaha ahhh lord, that's a bit odd haha. At least, either way, you're going to become a really good artist. 

Oh Im 9th grade~ I dont have one I ...Im not even prepared for the exams. During specialty exams the fight for spots , since they're limited , equals a fight for boats , while the Titanic is sinking xdd So I'll probably end up exiled in sculpture / god no/ . I'm thinking between illustration and graphics,But there's more to it that just picking one that you like.Its the material and learning process itself.I got advice that states , dont look at the specialty , look at what you learn while in that specialty.Like i want graphics , yet, In illustration I can learn digital and STILL do graphic ones.Even though its completely out of my comfort zone.haha get it?

Presure, presure~We have art trips 2 times a year, every year.So annoying ...xd

LAWDDD The term "Lazy Perfectionist" fits me perfectly xddd I don't move a finger , and when I do ( once a year of course xd) .

I expect it to be better than my rivals.Not gonna happen.

Also thank you, I hope so, and probably wont happen.

#14 Stormborn

Stormborn

Senior Idol

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:11 AM

Oh Im 9th grade~ I dont have one I ...Im not even prepared for the exams. During specialty exams the fight for spots , since they're limited , equals a fight for boats , while the Titanic is sinking xdd So I'll probably end up exiled in sculpture / god no/ . I'm thinking between illustration and graphics,But there's more to it that just picking one that you like.Its the material and learning process itself.I got advice that states , dont look at the specialty , look at what you learn while in that specialty.Like i want graphics , yet, In illustration I can learn digital and STILL do graphic ones.Even though its completely out of my comfort zone.haha get it?

Presure, presure~We have art trips 2 times a year, every year.So annoying ...xd

LAWDDD The term "Lazy Perfectionist" fits me perfectly xddd I don't move a finger , and when I do ( once a year of course xd) .

I expect it to be better than my rivals.Not gonna happen.

Also thank you, I hope so, and probably wont happen.

Ohhh, okay then. Haha, art exams, nice :')))). Luckily I don't receive any of those until next year. Why in sculpture? Don't wanna be in there either, though, right? Haha. Mmmm I see what you mean. I guess illustration would be better then? Completely up to you I guess. 

Two art trips per year? That would be awesome! Depending on where you go, hehe... but that still sounds good. Yeahhhh, that's right. I'm like that aha... but I still do well, just not as well as those other who study and work far harder than I do. 

It will! :)

You should post some of your works~

#15 illunnienati

illunnienati

▲90's baby▲

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:43 AM

Ohhh, okay then. Haha, art exams, nice :')))). Luckily I don't receive any of those until next year. Why in sculpture? Don't wanna be in there either, though, right? Haha. Mmmm I see what you mean. I guess illustration would be better then? Completely up to you I guess. 

Two art trips per year? That would be awesome! Depending on where you go, hehe... but that still sounds good. Yeahhhh, that's right. I'm like that aha... but I still do well, just not as well as those other who study and work far harder than I do. 

It will! :)

You should post some of your works~

Sculpture is the least fave section xdd Its hard i mean metal wood clay etc....hard hard work.Also after that ...what now with  a sculpture degree xd 

Its all the same really ,most of the time xd Esp in the summer its so hot you cant just stand it. Last year my drawing hand had  a sunburn and it was 

like infected and swollen xdddd It was so hot and sandy like  desert survival with old houses.xd Its kind of an adventure sometimes xd 

But you have to have like 3 works min by the end of the day or they cut your ass xd 

Its good that you still do well, but also work hard k? Dont be like me xd 

About the work..I dont have anything to show...only old stuff lemme see.

But I don't have anything presentable. 

Spoiler

#16 A Cat On The Moon

A Cat On The Moon

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:12 AM

*stalks le beautiful thread*

#17 Stormborn

Stormborn

Senior Idol

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:21 AM

Sculpture is the least fave section xdd Its hard i mean metal wood clay etc....hard hard work.Also after that ...what now with  a sculpture degree xd 

Its all the same really ,most of the time xd Esp in the summer its so hot you cant just stand it. Last year my drawing hand had  a sunburn and it was 

like infected and swollen xdddd It was so hot and sandy like  desert survival with old houses.xd Its kind of an adventure sometimes xd 

But you have to have like 3 works min by the end of the day or they cut your ass xd 

Its good that you still do well, but also work hard k? Dont be like me xd 

About the work..I dont have anything to show...only old stuff lemme see.

But I don't have anything presentable. 

Spoiler

YOU'RE SO DAMN GOOD!

Won't be a good artist my ass~

#18 illunnienati

illunnienati

▲90's baby▲

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:56 AM

YOU'RE SO DAMN GOOD!