Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  

406px-Nintendo_red_logo.svg.png

History

Nintendo is a Japanese multinational consumer electronics company headquartered in Japan. It was first founded as a card company, it was  not until the 1970's that they first began venturing into games & electronics.  In 1974 Nintendo launched their first home game console known as the Color TV Game and later in 1980 Game & Watch, a handheld video game, was introduced to the market. In 1985, after the video game crash of 1983Nintendo introduced the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) which help revitalized the video game industry. Ever since the NES Nintendo has created 5 home consoles and 4 handheld consoles and has become the world's largest video game company by revenue.

Consoles

-Home-

Color TV Game - 1977 -3 Mil 

Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) - 1983 - 61.91 Mil

Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) - 1990 - 49.10 Mil 

Nintendo 64 - 1996 - 32.93 Mil 

GameCube - 2001 - 21.74 Mil

Wii - 2006 - 99.84 Mil

Wii U - 2012 - 6.6 Mil

-Handheld-

GameBoy - 1989 - 118.69 Mil

GameBoy Advance - 2001 - 81.51 Mil
Nintendo DS - 2004 - 153.87 Mil

Nintendo 3DS - 2011 - 43.91 Mil

Franchises & Series:

Mario | Pokemon | The Legend of Zelda | Metroid | Donkey Kong

Kirby | Yoshi | Super Smash Bros. | Fire Emblem | Animal Crossing

Upcoming Games:

Wii Sports Club (Wii U) 7.25.14

Hyrule Warriors (Wii U) 9.26.14

Super Smash Bros for 3DS (3DS) 10.3.14

Bayonetta 2 (Wii U) 10.2014

Pokemon Art Academy (3DS) 10.2014

Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire (3DS) 11.2014

Captain Toad - Treasure Tracker (Wii U) Holiday 2014

Super Smash Bros for Wii U (Wii U) Holiday 2014
Art Academy (Wii U) TBA 2014

Devils' Third (Wii U) TBA

Mario Party 10 (Wii U) TBA 2015
Mario vs Donkey Kong (Wii U) TBA 2015

Yoshi's Wooly World (Wii U) TBA 2015

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse (Wii U) TBA 2015

Mario Maker (Wii U) TBA 2015

Splatoon (Wii U) TBA 2015

Code Name S.T.E.A.M. (3DS) TBA 2015

Xenoblade Chronicles X (Wii U) TBA 2015

The Legend of Zelda (Wii U) TBA 2015
Star Fox (Wii U) TBA 2015

Fatal Frame V  (Wii U) TBA
Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem (Wii U) TBA

*Dates confirmed for Northern American release

Games listed are games published by Nintendo, 3rd party games are not listed.

Next Nintendo Direct(s):

TBA

Official Threads : The Legend of Zelda | Pokemon | Fire Emblem | 3DS 

Super Smash Bros | Animal Crossing | Super Mario

Edited by M1YOUnG BKA STEPHO
  • Like 2

The N64 was my first console. ♥

• Like 2

Mine too! ♥

As much hate Nintendo gets for being too "kiddie" it's still my favorite out of the game companies. I'll try to keep up with this thread.

Mine too! ♥

lol mine too *___*

My first was GameCube <3

I always stole my cousin's N64 when I was younger though. haha

AND WHO'S EXCITED FOR NEW GAMES!? WOOT WOOT

I'm a Nintendo stan. ._. My dad still has his Nintendo, Gameboy, and basically everything else that came after that. We stopped at the Wii U though..I don't see myself getting into it unfortunately.

Same here. I remember blowing into the game piece just to make it work :lol:

who has a nintendo 3ds? i want yo friend code pls

who has a nintendo 3ds? i want yo friend code pls

I dun have one yet ;-; but in October I'll be getting one for Pokemon :D

I'm gonna spend so much time in this thread lol...

I've felt screwed over with the wii,N64,Gamecube  non-first party wise and still bought a Wii U within the first week....I'm just bias to Nintendo more than anything else lol...

Whats everyone's most anticipated Wii U/3DS game? and fav so far this year?

My fav so far this year was fire emblem awakening and I'm anticipating Xenoblade chronicles 2 and watch dogs the most. Any other wii u titles I'm Super excited for is  because of previous experiences because of lack of gameplay footage atm. 

and this just got posted a few hours ago..Well at least Ubisoft is supporting the Wii U... dat Rayman delay tho lmao.

I dun have one yet ;-; but in October I'll be getting one for Pokemon :D

omg pokemon x and Y 

i m so excited

i dont even know which one to choose

did they release more new pokemons other then the starters and that skin ribbon eeveelution one

I'm gonna spend so much time in this thread lol...

I've felt screwed over with the wii,N64,Gamecube  non-first party wise and still bought a Wii U within the first week....I'm just bias to Nintendo more than anything else lol...

Whats everyone's most anticipated Wii U/3DS game? and fav so far this year?

My fav so far this year was fire emblem awakening and I'm anticipating Xenoblade chronicles 2 and watch dogs the most. Any other wii u titles I'm Super excited for is  because of previous experiences because of lack of gameplay footage atm. 

and this just got posted a few hours ago..Well at least Ubisoft is supporting the Wii U... dat Rayman delay tho lmao.

Also bought Wii U at launch. Kinda regret it but mah Nintendo bias is strongg

Most Anticiapted Wii U game is definitely Smash Bros, cause obviously, IT'S SMASH BROS!! and for 3DS Pokemon X& Y

ugh I'm so upset I can't play Xenoblade cause they don't sell it anymore and it's like 100 on eBay ;-;

I forgive Ubi for dat Rayman delay since they're giving Wii U all this support haha

and have you been playing the Rayman Challenge App!? It's so much fun. I suck though, can barley get bronze on daily challenge D:

omg pokemon x and Y 

i m so excited

i dont even know which one to choose

did they release more new pokemons other then the starters and that skin ribbon eeveelution one

They announced a new Mewtwo form, but that's about it so far. New info usually comes the 2nd week of each month so there might be some new info between the 10-13th

Ah yes smash bros should be great.I hope Megaman and Chrome from Fire emblem awakening will be in it. I would Lol if they let you play with Mii's or put naruto in it or something. 

and yeah...I would usually NEVER recommend this...Especially to such a high quality game where the devs deserve every penny but since there is pretty much no way to support the devs anyway I would just play it on an emulator and if they ever release it digitally on wii u or physically then buy it  then...but really there is nothing else you can do beside either hoping it will release which is unlikey...Unless they do it to promote Xenoblade 2....pay someone hundreds on ebay...or not play it at all. 

and I never played the rayman app just the demo...Ubisoft delaying it 7 months just so it can go on the 360 left such a bad taste in my mouth...Not even sure I'm gonna get it...I mean yeah its a good game and I would be supporting wii u's only 3rd party dev lol... but soo many games come out then I dbout I'd have the chance to truly enjoy it. I'll prob end up buying it day 1 anyway tho   :P

Ah yes smash bros should be great.I hope Megaman and Chrome from Fire emblem awakening will be in it. I would Lol if they let you play with Mii's or put naruto in it or something. 

and yeah...I would usually NEVER recommend this...Especially to such a high quality game where the devs deserve every penny but since there is pretty much no way to support the devs anyway I would just play it on an emulator and if they ever release it digitally on wii u or physically then buy it  then...but really there is nothing else you can do beside either hoping it will release which is unlikey...Unless they do it to promote Xenoblade 2....pay someone hundreds on ebay...or not play it at all. 

and I never played the rayman app just the demo...Ubisoft delaying it 7 months just so it can go on the 360 left such a bad taste in my mouth...Not even sure I'm gonna get it...I mean yeah its a good game and I would be supporting wii u's only 3rd party dev lol... but soo many games come out then I dbout I'd have the chance to truly enjoy it. I'll prob end up buying it day 1 anyway tho   :P

You should try the challenge app! It's really fun, and I'm surprised it free cause it's like an entirely new game! There's new maps/challenges every day and every week.

I don't know if I'm gonna buy the actual game either though cause it comes out in September and there's GTA coming then... soo...

speaking of GTA~ rumors are going around that GTAV was tested on Wii U dev kits for some time now so there's a small chance GTAV might come to Wii U.

If GTA comes with Wii U I'd buy it day one. lol

You should try the challenge app! It's really fun, and I'm surprised it free cause it's like an entirely new game! There's new maps/challenges every day and every week.

I don't know if I'm gonna buy the actual game either though cause it comes out in September and there's GTA coming then... soo...

speaking of GTA~ rumors are going around that GTAV was tested on Wii U dev kits for some time now so there's a small chance GTAV might come to Wii U.

If GTA comes with Wii U I'd buy it day one. lol

Ok I'll play it later today and beat your scores in my first try  :P

and release a new map/challenge every day/week? well damn looks like its gonna release first on the wii u after all lol... 

you probably will beat my scores, I suck  <_<

Add me on Nintendo Network~ my id is JimmyTu

lol I have no friends, cause idk anyone else that owns a Wii U

XD. The only people that I added as friends were random people in the miiverse so I could  kill them to get their loot in zombi u

and please tell me you don't suck at castle rock That has to be the easiest thing ever. About to do the challenges now.

Are the ghost running with me other players in real time? and can they see me too?

Well nvm I guess Not I pause and they are still in the same spot...not like it matters tho.

Edited by Thaimasker

First console was a SNES

Waiting for the new Animal Crossing 

So excited

XD. The only people that I added as friends were random people in the miiverse so I could  kill them to get their loot in zombi u

and please tell me you don't suck at castle rock That has to be the easiest thing ever. About to do the challenges now.

Are the ghost running with me other players in real time? and can they see me too?

Well nvm I guess Not I pause and they are still in the same spot...not like it matters tho.

OF COURSE NOT. I only suck at daily challenges lol. I barley get bronze, but on weekly challenge I got gold.  B)

idk but the ghost are distracting so I turn them off. haha

My favorite gaming company <3

I think i still have my Gameboy color lol

Favorite company personality? The main ones being Reggie, Iwata, and Miyamoto...

Reggie is alot more dis-respectful than the others but I like how he gets his points across. He is all serious like...Here is my product...Your going to enjoy it...this product will bond us together and create unforgettable memories