175 replies to this topic

#141 Jotham

Jotham

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:28 AM

Kind of ironic that we were just talking about how well her anniversary is going and how stable her fanbase and career is, then this happens.

This can work one of two ways in my opinion, she can come back in a few years with an amazing album and a lot of promo 'Kana is back!' etc and it sells nicely. Or the pop world moves on and her canvass shrinks. I guess it could end somewhere in the middle too, but for a popstar like Kana I don't think extended breaks are a great idea.

Nonetheless, she has had a great decade and a lot of success. If she find happiness in doing other things, commercial success pales in comparison. I wish her nothing but the best.

Tbh I feel if she wants to have a successful comeback, she will need a hit (less of those bubblegum pop)

#142 starlightshimmers

starlightshimmers

Idol

• PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:48 PM

Kana should try doing the indie music style again like her debut singles. I'm a bit confused when people say they want her R&B style back even though that style was already tired by the time "Stand Up" came out on "With Love."

#143 Jotham

Jotham

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:49 PM

Everyone should check out this link: https://www.bilibili...ideo/av40351724

This video compiled all of Kana's A-side singles from debut till 2018. I can say I actually her releases in all of the years except 2017. 2017's releases were the worst for me, fortunately it became much better in 2018.

You can also see how her 2009-2012 singles were the most vocally-taxing songs. Pretty amazed how her throat was not yet wrecked by those songs like Watashitachi, Always and Be Strong.

#144 Lightning

Lightning

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 02:12 PM

Spoiler

True. Let's be optimistic though. I mean what else can Kana Nishino do besides Music. And I think for me I've observed that Kana just Loves singing and making Music, it's her passion it's in her DNA, her RAW talent is there, I'm sure that is what drew people to her Music in the first place (It definitely drew me). Though I do want the very best for her, and I want her to taste and see all the things she has ever wanted to.

Also, I feel a bit sad that I jumped into her fanbase late (2016), so I wasn't there for all of it, but nevertheless I'm glad I was apart of it.

Spoiler

Kanayan could very well come back swinging. Though I think for her she is just grateful that people chose to support her for something that she enjoyed which is giving of herself to people through her Music. So regardless I don't think it matters too much of where her career might be when she decides to return. Though it would be Awesome, If she comes back and blows everything out of the water, as if she's just getting started https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot... .

Of course, the fan in me desires Kanayan to come back stronger than ever, but also I want Kana to be happy and content with herself. For me that's more important and if that means that things will be different from now on then so be it.

Spoiler

I agree with you, sometimes we can sound selfish talking about what we want as fans. It is a double edged sword because of course we fell in love with people like Kana because of her music, so it's only natural we would feel attached to it. However, we all want the best for her and professional success isn't as important as personal happiness.

Maybe this break will leave Kana feeling refreshed and invigorated to make more music we can all enjoy.

Tbh I feel if she wants to have a successful comeback, she will need a hit (less of those bubblegum pop)

Who knows, maybe people will be craving for some bubblegum pop after a few years (if her hiatus lasts that long).

Or maybe Kana will turn to heavy metal or rap during the hiatus and surprise us all hehe.

I'm already looking forward to her comeback though.

#145 SilverLightz

SilverLightz

Idol

• PipPip
  • 281 posts
  • LocationPerth, Western Australia

Posted 14 January 2019 - 12:27 AM

This video compiled all of Kana's A-side singles from debut till 2018. I can say I actually her releases in all of the years except 2017. 2017's releases were the worst for me, fortunately it became much better in 2018.

You can also see how her 2009-2012 singles were the most vocally-taxing songs. Pretty amazed how her throat was not yet wrecked by those songs like Watashitachi, Always and Be Strong.

Isn't Billy Billy for the Chinese Audience. I think it's cool that Kana has a Chinese Fanbase!ahmagahplz.png

Hmm Yeah, some of those older songs required some serious skill to pull off. Guess Kana just has Natural Talent for that, she also probably trained a lot and has good control over her vocal cords. This is very Evident from her skills in her First Concert compare that to every Concert after, her vocals improved dramatically, it's honestly super impressive, I mean even in her First Concert her Vocals were already really good!chuplz.png ahmagahplz.png

Hmm, I thought 2017's releases were fine. I enjoyed Girls, and Reason to Hold Hands. Pa, was the only one that I didn't think was all that great at first, but it certainly did grow on me and after seeing the MV I changed my mind and thought it was a great song. It's the Album LOVE it that I thought was a bit lacking.

I agree with you, sometimes we can sound selfish talking about what we want as fans. It is a double edged sword because of course we fell in love with people like Kana because of her music, so it's only natural we would feel attached to it. However, we all want the best for her and professional success isn't as important as personal happiness.

Maybe this break will leave Kana feeling refreshed and invigorated to make more music we can all enjoy.

Who knows, maybe people will be craving for some bubblegum pop after a few years (if her hiatus lasts that long).

Or maybe Kana will turn to heavy metal or rap during the hiatus and surprise us all hehe.

I'm already looking forward to her comeback though.

I'm looking forward to her comeback too, but I mean at least we still got Love Collection Live 2019 to look forward to. They must have decided this concert as her sort of farewell for her hiatus. Also the fact that they are freaking LIVE streaming the Final Performance to a Bunch of Movie Theaters all over Japan, and some in Hong Kong (It's super cool that they're doing that) It makes sense for a Farewell Concert.

I don't mind some fun, happy bubble gum pop. I quite like that stuff anyway.hurrplz.png

#146 SilverLightz

SilverLightz

Idol

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 02:25 AM (Edited by SilverLightz, 14 January 2019 - 04:37 AM.)

Anyone here seen LOVE it Tour yet??

I just watched it last night, and I just wanted to express my thoughts on her whole 10th Anniversary Tour, as well as the Album the Tour is based on which is LOVE it.

Spoiler

#147 Jotham

Jotham

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 14 January 2019 - 10:52 AM

I just watched it last night, and I just wanted to express my thoughts on her whole 10th Anniversary Tour, as well as the Album the Tour is based on which is LOVE it.

Spoiler

I watched snippets of it, do you know where I can watch the full thing?

Also I've read Chinese news report that the hiatus is actually for Kana to rest her throat as she may be walking down Ayumi's footsteps with her increasingly strained vocal chords. 

#148 SilverLightz

SilverLightz

Idol

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 06:03 PM (Edited by SilverLightz, 14 January 2019 - 06:51 PM.)

I watched snippets of it, do you know where I can watch the full thing?

Also I've read Chinese news report that the hiatus is actually for Kana to rest her throat as she may be walking down Ayumi's footsteps with her increasingly strained vocal chords.

Here is a link to an mp4 rip

Spoiler

Wow, are you serious... Oh no, poor Kanayan... unsure.png  I didn't think her vocals would be strained that much, though to be fair she did a ton and I mean a ton of performing and singing between 2017-2018. Do you have the source article?

#149 Jotham

Jotham

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 15 January 2019 - 07:05 AM

Here is a link to an mp4 rip

Spoiler

Wow, are you serious... Oh no, poor Kanayan... https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...  I didn't think her vocals would be strained that much, though to be fair she did a ton and I mean a ton of performing and singing between 2017-2018. Do you have the source article?

No worries thanks for the tip.

Here are some articles:
https://hk.entertain...190114/59137488

https://tw.appledail...190113/1499677/

However, none of the "explanations" for her hiatus are confirmed as the only official explanation is her blog stating she wants to travel and take a break. 

#150 SilverLightz

SilverLightz

Idol

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 08:08 AM

No worries thanks for the tip.

Here are some articles:
https://hk.entertain...190114/59137488

https://tw.appledail...190113/1499677/

However, none of the "explanations" for her hiatus are confirmed as the only official explanation is her blog stating she wants to travel and take a break. 

You're most welcome! smile.png

Hmmm, I see. Well, all I know is that late last year Kana did talk a lot about travelling in a number of interviews, so that is really all I can point her reasons for her hiatus too. She definitely mentioned how she wanted to finish up seeing all of South America.

Thanks for the Articles!

#151 SilverLightz

SilverLightz

Idol

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 08:48 AM (Edited by SilverLightz, 17 February 2019 - 02:04 AM.)

If these statements are true. Then Kana should take all the time she needs to rest and rejuvenate. I wonder though if it's a long time like 5-10 years what would her life will be like then??... Will she be married? I just wonder about her personal ambitions and desires....
Spoiler

#152 hotsushi-kun

hotsushi-kun

Idol

• PipPip
  • 388 posts
  • LocationNis, Serbia

Posted 15 January 2019 - 08:55 AM

I am a little bit disappointed that her YT account channel is blocked though.

#153 SilverLightz

SilverLightz

Idol

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 07:10 PM

I am a little bit disappointed that her YT account channel is blocked though.

You mean blocked as in Region Locked to Japan?

#154 hotsushi-kun

hotsushi-kun

Idol

• PipPip
  • 388 posts
  • LocationNis, Serbia

Posted 16 January 2019 - 04:52 AM

You mean blocked as in Region Locked to Japan?

Yes, that's what i was thinking. I cannot even access to her account too.

#155 Lightning

Lightning

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 05:43 AM

I can't believe I just saw this performance for the first time. Kana with some of my favourite other singers.

I just watched it last night, and I just wanted to express my thoughts on her whole 10th Anniversary Tour, as well as the Album the Tour is based on which is LOVE it.

Spoiler

That's a really nice summary. I have also found that sometimes concerts and hearing songs performed in a different way or in a different environment can change my opinion.

For me it happened with Koda Kumi's Universe live tour. I didn't really enjoy the album and then after watching the concert I liked the songs so much more and it's one of my favourite albums from her now.

#156 SilverLightz

SilverLightz

Idol

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 06:40 AM

Yes, that's what i was thinking. I cannot even access to her account too.

Yeah you gotta VPN into the YouTube channel. I managed to subscribe and get all notifications, but I don't really have a VPN. So I get notified but then I can't access newly released content ahahaha.

#157 SilverLightz

SilverLightz

Idol

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 06:58 AM (Edited by SilverLightz, 16 January 2019 - 07:19 AM.)

I can't believe I just saw this performance for the first time. Kana with some of my favourite other singers.

That's a really nice summary. I have also found that sometimes concerts and hearing songs performed in a different way or in a different environment can change my opinion.

For me it happened with Koda Kumi's Universe live tour. I didn't really enjoy the album and then after watching the concert I liked the songs so much more and it's one of my favourite albums from her now.

Thanks. I know it was quite a bit to read. I still think LOVE it could have been better, but it still had some good singles in my opinion. Other fans may beg to differ.

True. Even just hearing songs you already like in a different style is so cool and refreshing. Examples from Kana Nishino.

Every Boy, Every Girl (Love Voyage Private Live) I don't even like this song all that much, but this is a very cool performance (Plus Kana looks so cute!).

Distance (MTV Unplugged Disc 1) it has a bit more of an acoustic feel, and gives it a brand new feel.

Tatoe Donna ni (Love Collection Tour), it's a beautiful acoustic version of the song with a slower Tempo complete with bongos! Personal favourite of mine (also my favourite Kana song of all time).

Motto (Just LOVE Tour) it's a jazzed/Big Band style version of the song! Very different style seemingly redone just for the concert.

Those ones stood out to me the most.

#158 SilverLightz

SilverLightz

Idol

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 07:00 AM (Edited by SilverLightz, 16 January 2019 - 07:19 AM.)

Also guys, looks like Kana is starting rehearsals for Love Collection Live 2019. It also looks like the free flow item will play a bigger role in the concert this time!

#159 sergel

sergel

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,763 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 01:24 PM

Thanks for this video. It showed me just how much I like some of her work, especially the 2008 - 2012 stuff.

#160 Yeul

Yeul

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 03:27 PM

Omg I remember this performance, this was so good rlytearpls.png

It's sad that in recent years, her voice has become so high-pitched. She sounded so mature in her early days. 

Up, Up and Away!