西野カナ Nishino Kana jpop princess

175 replies to this topic

#121 SilverLightz

SilverLightz

Idol

• PipPip
  • 281 posts
  • LocationPerth, Western Australia

Posted 08 December 2018 - 03:29 AM (Edited by SilverLightz, 08 December 2018 - 04:08 AM.)

The 9th Live DVD and BluRay LOVE it Tour is out 26th December!! I'm pretty sure it's LOVE it Tour Arena, typically the final performance is the one that gets recorded. Though it would be cool if we got the Hall Tours as well, but oh well...

Link to Special Site

Set List/Track List

Spoiler

Interesting setlist for sure.

Spoiler

#122 starlightshimmers

starlightshimmers

Idol

• PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 02:33 AM (Edited by starlightshimmers, 28 December 2018 - 02:37 AM.)

I'm honestly just enjoying the 10th year anniversary with all the performances, and I'm loving Kana's fashion nowadays. I'm looking forward for next year to hear new material. I'm not really expecting anything with the sound or style, Kana does her own thing and goes with whatever works. My attention is kind of focused on Kana at the moment, she's really the only J-pop female soloist that captures a lot of my interest these days.

I don't think people realise that Kana is the only female J-pop soloist left with strong label backing, Sony has been very smooth and precise with the 10th annivesary events and promos.

#123 Lightning

Lightning

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 05:27 PM

I'm honestly just enjoying the 10th year anniversary with all the performances, and I'm loving Kana's fashion nowadays. I'm looking forward for next year to hear new material. I'm not really expecting anything with the sound or style, Kana does her own thing and goes with whatever works. My attention is kind of focused on Kana at the moment, she's really the only J-pop female soloist that captures a lot of my interest these days.

I don't think people realise that Kana is the only female J-pop soloist left with strong label backing, Sony has been very smooth and precise with the 10th annivesary events and promos.

I was thinking about this lately, I think her career has been managed and supported very well compared to other soloists of her generation. Of course a lot of the pressure is on Kana to perform when she needs to and Kana is so consistent and reliable. Another important aspect is that her albums have never really dipped below a certain level of quality, while she has got criticism for not taking more risks, there's something to be said for doing what you do best and doing it well.

Also, I think most of her fans are happy with her style. I personally have enjoyed all of her albums, in varying degrees. Whereas with other singers that heavily alter their album style over their career, I usually end up with some albums I love and some albums I hate.

I think this anniversary is really a testament to her and the team around her. So congratulations.

#124 starlightshimmers

starlightshimmers

Idol

• PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 08:36 PM

I was thinking about this lately, I think her career has been managed and supported very well compared to other soloists of her generation. Of course a lot of the pressure is on Kana to perform when she needs to and Kana is so consistent and reliable. Another important aspect is that her albums have never really dipped below a certain level of quality, while she has got criticism for not taking more risks, there's something to be said for doing what you do best and doing it well.

Also, I think most of her fans are happy with her style. I personally have enjoyed all of her albums, in varying degrees. Whereas with other singers that heavily alter their album style over their career, I usually end up with some albums I love and some albums I hate.

I think this anniversary is really a testament to her and the team around her. So congratulations.

I think we also need to mention that Kana is still releasing classic J-pop ballads, and I appreciate that a lot. Too many international fans think its outdated. I found myself listening to Suki lately after she performed it on NHK Songs recently.

#125 Lightning

Lightning

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 02:26 PM

I think we also need to mention that Kana is still releasing classic J-pop ballads, and I appreciate that a lot. Too many international fans think its outdated. I found myself listening to Suki lately after she performed it on NHK Songs recently.

That's definitely an important point.

Personally, my favourite songs are almost all ballads. For me, a great ballad always beats a great song of another style. It's also much easier for me to try and sing a long to in Japanese hehe.

#126 SilverLightz

SilverLightz

Idol

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 12:16 AM (Edited by SilverLightz, 06 January 2019 - 12:22 AM.)

That's definitely an important point.

Personally, my favourite songs are almost all ballads. For me, a great ballad always beats a great song of another style. It's also much easier for me to try and sing a long to in Japanese hehe.

Ballad Pop All the WAY!!! I'm so glad she has so much support from SMEJ for her 10th Anniversary. SMEJ is seeming to give her a lot of support, and this is very good to see.

Let's not forget the number of Music Shows, and Events she went on towards the end of 2018!!! That was so epic to seeahmagahplz.png ahmagahplz.png

#127 SilverLightz

SilverLightz

Idol

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 12:20 AM

My Predictions for 2019. We're getting a new single, and then an Album right after. The New single could be announced in the month of February, after Love Collection Live 2019. And We should get an album in July or November. Looking at the timeline of past releases a new Album seems likely.

I also Think since Kana has been Travelling quite a bit and is also turning 30 this year. I think she'll be really inspired to write us some awesome songs!!chuplz.png

Here's Hoping!!rlytearpls.png

#128 Jotham

Jotham

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 06 January 2019 - 01:36 AM

My Predictions for 2019. We're getting a new single, and then an Album right after. The New single could be announced in the month of February, after Love Collection Live 2019. And We should get an album in July or November. Looking at the timeline of past releases a new Album seems likely.

I also Think since Kana has been Travelling quite a bit and is also turning 30 this year. I think she'll be really inspired to write us some awesome songs!!https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

Here's Hoping!!https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

I hope she will release another hit like Torisetsu. rlytearpls.png

#129 SilverLightz

SilverLightz

Idol

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 02:20 AM (Edited by SilverLightz, 06 January 2019 - 02:22 AM.)

I hope she will release another hit like Torisetsu. https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

Yes I do too, also she definitely needs a new hit as well. Perhaps I'm being too optimistic or hopeful but I reckon this is the year for such a hit + Album that contains this alleged hit.

#130 Jotham

Jotham

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 06 January 2019 - 02:44 AM

Yes I do too, also she definitely needs a new hit as well. Perhaps I'm being too optimistic or hopeful but I reckon this is the year for such a hit + Album that contains this alleged hit.

Personally I love Darling, Dear Bride and Suki too. However it seems that none of them have the same impact as Torisetsu

#131 SilverLightz

SilverLightz

Idol

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 02:56 AM

Personally I love Darling, Dear Bride and Suki too. However it seems that none of them have the same impact as Torisetsu

Hmmm yes. I think Torisetsu's success has to do with the fanbase really resonating with the meaning of song. Also I think it's funny that it was Kana's Own DJ (DJ Mass) who was the composer for the song. It seems the international fanbase at least from what I've seen didn't think Torisetsu did that amazing, or was an amazing song. Though in Japan, that song did so well. It's a mystery...

I guess Kimi tte was similar with fans really liking the theme of the song. I think Torisetsu's more unique style of music compared to what was out there at the time combined with the special meaning is what made it take off.

#132 Jotham

Jotham

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 06 January 2019 - 05:12 AM

Hmmm yes. I think Torisetsu's success has to do with the fanbase really resonating with the meaning of song. Also I think it's funny that it was Kana's Own DJ (DJ Mass) who was the composer for the song. It seems the international fanbase at least from what I've seen didn't think Torisetsu did that amazing, or was an amazing song. Though in Japan, that song did so well. It's a mystery...

I guess Kimi tte was similar with fans really liking the theme of the song. I think Torisetsu's more unique style of music compared to what was out there at the time combined with the special meaning is what made it take off.

Seems true. I didn't know it was such a hit in Japan until I saw it constantly being performed in music shows even years after it was released.

#133 SilverLightz

SilverLightz

Idol

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 07:44 AM (Edited by SilverLightz, 06 January 2019 - 07:47 AM.)

Yeah and in every concert since with LOVE tour the fans get very excited when Kana hypes Torisetsu. Love Collection Live 2019 will be no different (it'll be the 5th rehash).

Spoiler

#134 SilverLightz

SilverLightz

Idol

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 04:18 AM (Edited by SilverLightz, 08 January 2019 - 06:49 AM.)

Alright, Kanayan Fans... I think Kana has just announced something... If Google Translate isn't wrong, then Kana Is Going on a Hiatus... For how long, who knows, all we know is that Singing is her Passion.

Link 

Looks like Things are gonna change...

" To everyone who always supported me. Since debuting in 2008, until now, I've Encountered lots of people and fans who've enjoyed my music, during this time I had the best of my twenties.

I'm looking forward to my Thirties. I like travelling, so there are still places I want to go and there are many things I would like to try. Once I finish My Live Concert next month I want to stop the activity once and I want to try various things without deciding a deadline.

However, after all, I like singing and I feel that I'm surely singing songs like every day. I also want to enjoy music every day until the day when I can sing in front of you someday again. Finally, I want to convey my heartfelt gratitude to everyone who always supports me like this.

Thank you

Nishino Kana

"

Translation - Google Translate...... ( I modified it a little)

I'm sure it's a Hiatus, fans seem to be quite sad.

This would also be a good explanation as to why her 10th Anniversary was so well promoted...

Spoiler

#135 Jotham

Jotham

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 08 January 2019 - 07:43 AM

Alright, Kanayan Fans... I think Kana has just announced something... If Google Translate isn't wrong, then Kana Is Going on a Hiatus... For how long, who knows, all we know is that Singing is her Passion.

Link 

Looks like Things are gonna change...

" To everyone who always supported me. Since debuting in 2008, until now, I've Encountered lots of people and fans who've enjoyed my music, during this time I had the best of my twenties.

I'm looking forward to my Thirties. I like travelling, so there are still places I want to go and there are many things I would like to try. Once I finish My Live Concert next month I want to stop the activity once and I want to try various things without deciding a deadline.

However, after all, I like singing and I feel that I'm surely singing songs like every day. I also want to enjoy music every day until the day when I can sing in front of you someday again. Finally, I want to convey my heartfelt gratitude to everyone who always supports me like this.

Thank you

Nishino Kana

"

Translation - Google Translate...... ( I modified it a little)

I'm sure it's a Hiatus, fans seem to be quite sad.

This would also be a good explanation as to why her 10th Anniversary was so well promoted...

Spoiler

TODAY IS A SAD DAY

#136 SilverLightz

SilverLightz

Idol

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 07:55 AM (Edited by SilverLightz, 08 January 2019 - 07:59 AM.)

TODAY IS A SAD DAY

Yes I know very sad 😭. I saw it coming. I hope she enjoys herself though. Her well being is of major concern to me, I wish her all the best, and I'll be waiting. And I mean singing is her passion I don't think she'll ever leave it.

Spoiler

#137 Jotham

Jotham

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 08 January 2019 - 09:35 AM

Yes I know very sad . I saw it coming. I hope she enjoys herself though. Her well being is of major concern to me, I wish her all the best, and I'll be waiting. And I mean singing is her passion I don't think she'll ever leave it.

Spoiler

Yes I thought at least one more album or something, But on the bright side, it's not retirement. So hopefully her hiatus will be like Ikimonogakari, just a few years

#138 Lightning

Lightning

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 05:33 PM (Edited by Lightning, 08 January 2019 - 05:34 PM.)

Kind of ironic that we were just talking about how well her anniversary is going and how stable her fanbase and career is, then this happens.

This can work one of two ways in my opinion, she can come back in a few years with an amazing album and a lot of promo 'Kana is back!' etc and it sells nicely. Or the pop world moves on and her canvass shrinks. I guess it could end somewhere in the middle too, but for a popstar like Kana I don't think extended breaks are a great idea.

Nonetheless, she has had a great decade and a lot of success. If she find happiness in doing other things, commercial success pales in comparison. I wish her nothing but the best.

#139 SilverLightz

SilverLightz

Idol

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 10:31 PM (Edited by SilverLightz, 09 January 2019 - 12:31 AM.)

Kind of ironic that we were just talking about how well her anniversary is going and how stable her fanbase and career is, then this happens.

This can work one of two ways in my opinion, she can come back in a few years with an amazing album and a lot of promo 'Kana is back!' etc and it sells nicely. Or the pop world moves on and her canvass shrinks. I guess it could end somewhere in the middle too, but for a popstar like Kana I don't think extended breaks are a great idea.

Nonetheless, she has had a great decade and a lot of success. If she find happiness in doing other things, commercial success pales in comparison. I wish her nothing but the best.

Spoiler

True. Let's be optimistic though. I mean what else can Kana Nishino do besides Music. And I think for me I've observed that Kana just Loves singing and making Music, it's her passion it's in her DNA, her RAW talent is there, I'm sure that is what drew people to her Music in the first place (It definitely drew me). Though I do want the very best for her, and I want her to taste and see all the things she has ever wanted to.

Also, I feel a bit sad that I jumped into her fanbase late (2016), so I wasn't there for all of it, but nevertheless I'm glad I was apart of it.

Spoiler

Kanayan could very well come back swinging. Though I think for her she is just grateful that people chose to support her for something that she enjoyed which is giving of herself to people through her Music. So regardless I don't think it matters too much of where her career might be when she decides to return. Though it would be Awesome, If she comes back and blows everything out of the water, as if she's just getting started hurrplz.png .

Of course, the fan in me desires Kanayan to come back stronger than ever, but also I want Kana to be happy and content with herself. For me that's more important and if that means that things will be different from now on then so be it.

Spoiler

#140 starlightshimmers

starlightshimmers

Idol

• PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:09 AM

I'm sad that Kana is going on a hiatus! I've been a Kana Nishino fan since 2008 with her first single I Don't Wanna Know, which is still one of my favourite songs from her.

I hope Kana won't be in hiatus for too long. I still remember blasting Motto... in my house as a high school senior in 2009.

Up, Up and Away!