OneHallyu

LGBTQIA Community Thread! If you're queer come here~

Oh nice, I didn't know this was a thread here. You can add me on the list, I'm an out lesbian who's also ace. smile.png

Actually, I have a kind of story to tell. I just recently came out to my mom the other day and it honestly, it was such a hard experience for me emotionally? I didn't understand why people cried when they came out, and with how much people have recently been saying it's not a big deal, I didn't think it was a big deal anymore. Thing is though, my mom is a traditional Asian mother who's only starting to be more open-minded and I never even thought about coming out before because I was afraid I would be kicked out.

So when I did it, it was in a moment of anger at my mom because she always says she'll love me no matter what, but I sincerely thought she wouldn't anymore if she found out. So I just came out to her to prove her wrong since we were just in an argument. It didn't help that my little sister already knew so she started acting really weird. I ended up feeling such a burst of emotions that made me unable to even look her in the face when I told her. Tears came quickly after, especially when she ended up being accepting. The worst thing though, is when she started babbling and let loose her real thought of her being disappointed even though she accepts me. My little sister stopped her, but the entire situation just really made me sob like a baby. All I told her was that I liked girls, but that got me so much, I'm not sure if it was a relief or not either. I don't think I'll ever talk to my mom about anyone I like though. 

Moral of the story is, I understand why people are so emotional when they come out now. I casually come out to people outside of my family all the time, but I'm scared as fuck to come out to anyone else. Thanks for reading all of that until now, I just needed to share that. 

• Like 3
  • Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

5̴̧͔̭͎̭̯̱̦̟͚͚̅́̂͜   Welcome to OneHallyu's LGBTQIA thread!     WANT TO BE ADDED? SAY SO IN YOUR POST.   ~The list~   _genic 25%Cotton 69ing

what the fuck is QIA? is there a need for all these random ass letters? it should just be LGB and I am NICE for including that B considering how bisexuality is a made up sexuality.

so you are gay? that explains a lot of things like you hating on 2ne1 and loving those plastic exo guys

Oh nice, I didn't know this was a thread here. You can add me on the list, I'm an out lesbian who's also ace. smile.png

Actually, I have a kind of story to tell. I just recently came out to my mom the other day and it honestly, it was such a hard experience for me emotionally? I didn't understand why people cried when they came out, and with how much people have recently been saying it's not a big deal, I didn't think it was a big deal anymore. Thing is though, my mom is a traditional Asian mother who's only starting to be more open-minded and I never even thought about coming out before because I was afraid I would be kicked out.

So when I did it, it was in a moment of anger at my mom because she always says she'll love me no matter what, but I sincerely thought she wouldn't anymore if she found out. So I just came out to her to prove her wrong since we were just in an argument. It didn't help that my little sister already knew so she started acting really weird. I ended up feeling such a burst of emotions that made me unable to even look her in the face when I told her. Tears came quickly after, especially when she ended up being accepting. The worst thing though, is when she started babbling and let loose her real thought of her being disappointed even though she accepts me. My little sister stopped her, but the entire situation just really made me sob like a baby. All I told her was that I liked girls, but that got me so much, I'm not sure if it was a relief or not either. I don't think I'll ever talk to my mom about anyone I like though. 

Moral of the story is, I understand why people are so emotional when they come out now. I casually come out to people outside of my family all the time, but I'm scared as fuck to come out to anyone else. Thanks for reading all of that until now, I just needed to share that. 

Ahhh I'm so proud of you!! It must have been really hard but you did it!! Woohoo!! Usually, it takes some time for parents to come to terms with their child being lgbt and for them to understand it because they have heard all sorts of myths and things from the media or other parents. Personally, I think that coming out to friends is easier because they are the same age and more open minded and good luck!! We're so proud of you!!

• Like 1

I went to my local pride parade the other day and it just really bothered me to see protesters. Usually there's just one lone dude with a half baked sign warning us we're going to hell but this year there was a good six or so people and some moron with a megaphone. A woman recorded the whole parade and some of the protesters had gopros mounted... it felt like an attack. I've been really fortunate in my life to not experience much first hand homophobia so it was a shock to see and I honestly didn't expect it.

It was really nice, tho, to see everyone crowd in front of them as a protective wall. Someone brought out drums and they all danced in front of the protesters. 

But it's still just so... unsettling to know that these people live in my community. 

Brendon Urie coming out as pansexual just makes me want to educate people even more regarding the term.

A whole lot of confusion (kinda makes me sad to see how my close friends just joked with it)

Anyways, hope to see more queer content laugh.png

Wait isn't he from Panic! At the Disco if I remember correctly from memory

what are you guys watching?

today i ended up watching pretty much the entire gay storyline from The Fosters (that show with those two kids who became news a few years ago for being the youngest gay kiss on TV) through youtube clips. you might recognize these gifs:

tumblr_njku4cbz3M1qzg3f8o8_250.gif

30k3mme.jpg

anyway, i realized that these kids are basically 18-20 years old now which is insane because i was about 20 back when this was news (think it was just a few years after Justin & Austin's kiss on Ugly Betty, which itself was shocking TV at the time back in the pre-Glee era).

wondering if there's anything quality in America nowadays. the LGBT TV scene kind of over-saturated with meh storylines and clichéd d"token" gay characters, but recently i've just stopped hearing about them.

so, any recommendations? preferably something sweet rather than hyper-sexual

Edited by 25%Cotton
  • 2 weeks later...

hi i'm trans and it sucks and i just really want to write about it

it'll soon be a year since i first started my journey to get hormones and i am still nowhere near to getting them and i'm not getting any younger waiting so i feel like shit. and since i still don't know any people at my college i signed up for a tutor program to keep myself from living like a hermit. but honestly i'm scared and i don't know if being around people will make me feel better or worse because to me there's no such thing as being myself when meeting new people. anyways i just want my letter to arrive cause i'm tired of being disappointed every day and i can't stop the unhappiness spreading in me.

god and i'm a part of the most privileged group of trans folk. i do not understand how other trans people survive but man are they incredible

• Like 5

I'm 23 years old but still in the closest, to be honest, I'm trapped, my life suck, can I just randomly come out to my family who expect me to be married and such in a few years twitch.gif

Edited by f00l

hello it is me, beamsprout.

a young boy with a big mouth, but bigger heart!

what's going on here?

what's the tea?

also i would like to be added to the list!

goodbye, beamsprout. ( ´ â–½ ` )ノ

Edited by beamsprout
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys. Some of you may know but to others, the Supreme Court of India today out ruled a colonial law which criminalizes gay sexahmagahplz.png . OMFG i am so happy todayrlytearpls.png . It'll take a long time for mainstream acceptance but it's progress. 

• Like 5

Bi Visibility Day is coming up and I have a message from your local Ace:

I just want you all to know your valid no matter what sexuality or gender you are. You're free to love who you want and be who you wanna be

Always remember to spread love and take care of yourself, you are important no matter what!

• Like 1

I am just happy that my parents still accepted me when I came out to them that I was a women trapped in a male body.

Get that sex change was the best

good for you sis. i am happy you were able to find your true self. i hope my parents were as open minded

Edited by Holy Cow
  • 2 weeks later...

i feel really emotional tonight for some reason... i think it's because i'm watching a show with a character that reminds me of my dad. i love him so much but i don't know how he would feel about me if i every came out to him. sometimes i think about it and it makes me feel like i'd rather die than tell him and have him think badly of me in that way. 

• 2 weeks later...

when i meet a girl i'm worried she's going to think i'm a loser because i'm 22 and haven't even been on a date. it's hard for lesbians, especially when you live in a homophobic hick town, but still...

• Like 1

when i meet a girl i'm worried she's going to think i'm a loser because i'm 22 and haven't even been on a date. it's hard for lesbians, especially when you live in a homophobic hick town, but still...

don't beat yourself up, you are still young

• Like 1

Brendon Urie coming out as pansexual just makes me want to educate people even more regarding the term.

A whole lot of confusion (kinda makes me sad to see how my close friends just joked with it)

Anyways, hope to see more queer content laugh.png

I think it can be confusing because pansexuals sometimes give their own meaning to it when they explain what it is (not that there's anything wrong with that). It can be confusing for people unfamiliar with these terms to understand the difference between the general meaning and the personal experience of the individual they're talking with. Though of course, most confusion still comes from people who just don't know what it is or make up their mind about it before listening to explanations.

Btw I've been called pansexual by a guy, even though I'm not pansexual, because his sister identifies as pansexual and according to him my sexual orientation is the same as hers. I've always identified as bisexual though and I personally don't see a reason to change that.