OneHallyu

LGBTQIA Community Thread! If you're queer come here~

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

5̴̧͔̭͎̭̯̱̦̟͚͚̅́̂͜   Welcome to OneHallyu's LGBTQIA thread!     WANT TO BE ADDED? SAY SO IN YOUR POST.   ~The list~   _genic 25%Cotton 69ing

what the fuck is QIA? is there a need for all these random ass letters? it should just be LGB and I am NICE for including that B considering how bisexuality is a made up sexuality.

so you are gay? that explains a lot of things like you hating on 2ne1 and loving those plastic exo guys

Wow I just discovered this thread,had no idea there was something like this on Onehallyu.I have been confused about my sexuality for a long time now.I find women beautiful.Most of my daily crushes are on women.In a movie or anime it's the female characters that grab my attention first.

I like guys too but there is no instant attraction.I tend to find men attractive after I've know them for a while and this is exact opposite with women.I find them attractive instantly but once I get to know them it ends.

I mostly label myself as bisexual but idk really.

Hey!  Labels aren't important, but I believe you would be bisexual but heteroromantic.  You're attracted to both genders, but can only form a romantic relationship (dating, love, etc) with males.  Does that sound about right?  I'm very similar to you!

Wow this thread is not as active as I thought it would be but I really wanted to express myself somewhere... and I think this is the right place to hehe

Well for context I'm a 21 year old gay guy

Anyway what I wanted to say is that I've been closeted my whole life... well still am somewhat, but anyway the thing is...

I used to be scared of people judging me on every aspect really not just being gay.... I feel like I really grew up hating myself there's a lot of stuff I used to "hate" back in 2015 and I would be vocal about it A LOT, why? because it was "gay" and it's funny bc it's some of the stuff I like the most now, I used to hate on drag race, pop music, gay people... and honestly even latinxs... and I'm one... I really couldn't really make long-lasting friends irl without thinking they would eventually change their mind about me because there's a lot I was hiding and keeping as a secret.

I'm sure there was this one guy during highschool I used to "hate" because he was openly gay... maybe I was just jealous... I would always talk shit about him with my friends I would judge gay people and generalize them with the usual gay stereotypes... which is another thing I learned about... I stopped putting all gay men in the same category because we're all still people... I just didn't like the fact that I was nowhere close that stereotype...

A lot of hs friends had asked me if I was but I kept saying no, I really saw it as if it was wrong, even my closest friend was like "don't worry I know you're gay and I still love you" and just kept denying it... also I feel like this wasn't as great with my uni choices either... I'll let you know I spent 3 years in majors that I dropped... I was happy the first time because it was something I liked a lot and honestly went to the side that people don't think I am... usually people are shocked by my choices when I do them by myself lmao... I was studying architecture. After that I went for computer engineering bc I thought I wouldn't be judged there... I always say I chose it bc it was safe... and maybe it was for me during that time... but ended up dropping out again because honestly I didn't feel like myself there it was something I actually knew I didn't like...

During last year I honestly liked attention a lot and clinging onto people online and had to learn the hard way how immature/inexperienced I've been my entire life when everything went downhill, after I felt so judged by people irl and stayed away from everyone... I had to learn to love and embrace myself for who I am... and I want to thank all my ups & downs for the person I am today honestly... I feel like I'm behind on everything for keeping this as a secret my entire life... 

That's when I realized and decided... 2018 is going to be MY year. I'm still the same shy guy I've always been and I think that's never going to change... but I've been more open about myself, I actually express myself I let people know who I really am and honestly it feels great, I've reconnected with a lot of irl friends too I've made a lot of new friends irl and honestly it feels so great to say "I'm gay" at any time I want it feels like I'm finally free of what's been tormenting me for years I've been telling a lot of friends that I'm gay and honestly sometimes it's not even necessary at this rate considering I just openly talk the way I feel about guys it feels great... I even became friends with the guy that I used to "hate" during high school and he's helped me a lot actually lmao he was one of the first person I told directly that I'm gay and he was like yeah cool and we've been talking a lot honestly...

This year is also the year when I decided to study Psychology... something I've ALWAYS wanted but was scared to pursue bc it was usually seen as a "major for girls" but I said fuck that and finally decided for it and I honestly love this major so much and I'm glad people around me notice my love for the major everyone says I seem SO excited about it every time I talk about my classes and everything...

And well during this year there's still a lot of stuff left for me to do but that I'm definitely going to do, it feels weird so far bc I'm learning a lot about myself this year and I'm experiencing A LOT of stuff for the first time in my life... but hopefully I get to come out as a whole and with that I mean coming out to my family ♥

anyway that was it I feel like I didn't say everything I wanted to but I'm kinda tired rn

I'm amazed you were able to pull through, improve yourself, and find yourself.  Good luck on all your future endeavors.  Hopefully one day all stigma will be erased and we won't have to hate ourselves anymore just to feel like we fit in a bit.

• Like 1

that's so exciting! I went to my first pride last year, it was awesome rlytearpls.png

What city did you attend?  If you don't mind me asking?   I'm in Toronto!

sorry for the late response rlytearpls.png Tallinn!

No worries this thread is super dead 😂

I had to google it, but it looks like a gorgeous city!

I would like to wish a happy Pride month to the community, but in particular to the rest of the alphabet soup that are not L G or B because it seems like the general public forgets that you are part of us too.

• Like 1

I've seen so much discourse about whether ace people are a part of the community lately. honestly? I have mixed opinions about it, but eventually I'd rather want to accept them as a part. I still do feel iffy about e.g heteroromantic asexuals calling themselves queer, but maybe I'm wrong, and should learn more.

what do you guys think?

No worries this thread is super dead

I had to google it, but it looks like a gorgeous city!

it's nice, but it's Eastern European, so... a long way to go homophobia-wise. but could be worse, I guess! and thank you, it is quite pretty.

I've seen so much discourse about whether ace people are a part of the community lately. honestly? I have mixed opinions about it, but eventually I'd rather want to accept them as a part. I still do feel iffy about e.g heteroromantic asexuals calling themselves queer, but maybe I'm wrong, and should learn more.

what do you guys think?

it's nice, but it's Eastern European, so... a long way to go homophobia-wise. but could be worse, I guess! and thank you, it is quite pretty.

I definitely consider them part of the community.  I believe our community is full of people who have been discriminated against/don't fit in the "normal" world.  Aces definitely have had their share of discrimination because they're also "weird" for not wanting to be sexual.  To exclude them because they're "kind of normal/straight" would be the same logic that certain LGBT communities used to exclude bisexuals. 

One day, I hope we won't be apart of an "LGBT community" because everyone will just be human and be loved as a whole community.

I also believe that how you identify is up to you, and you alone.  Queer isn't equivalent to gay, and may be just how someone identifies.  This is of course my view and I would love to hear any other perspectives.  

Hhhhhhhhh what's this about not accepting ace people into the community? They are discriminated against, as many people see their sexualities/romantic interests as invalid and they do fit into the LGBT+ criteria (not het, cis AND allosexual) 

Maybe others have different approaches to this but honestly? What will we gain from not accepting them? Nothing. What will we gain from accepting them? Providing a supporting environment and a happy community of people accepting each other's validation. 

Also hi ohbi.png  I hope this thread will be more lively in the new site lel 

• Like 3
  • Dislike 2

Hhhhhhhhh what's this about not accepting ace people into the community? They are discriminated against, as many people see their sexualities/romantic interests as invalid and they do fit into the LGBT+ criteria (not het, cis AND allosexual) 

Maybe others have different approaches to this but honestly? What will we gain from not accepting them? Nothing. What will we gain from accepting them? Providing a supporting environment and a happy community of people accepting each other's validation. 

I hope so tooooo. Hopefully we can find a more active admiN!

I don't understand why people want to deny that corrective rape of asexuality and asexuality being marked in the DSM as a mental disorder, are not things that happen. Like that is very real stuff that has happened and if that's not discrimination I don't know what is.

In my personal life, I can say I have experienced much more acephobia than biphobia even though I've been out as both for a while...

• 3 weeks later...