Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
IntoTheHappiness

sales ♪♫ RED VELVET - Data/Records Sales & Charts Thread ♫♪ 24M+ records! #RVISMonsterSoon

So it's safe to say that all of RV songs this year, except for RBB, passed 1 million downloads lovestruck.png

can someone explain this to me? because i thought TPRV sold over 100k  on gaon and here it says 91k

WEnKiJ.png

So now, Gaon added back the top 200 for digitals weekly. And guessss what, RF still charting, sitting at #193 (+7), this week! legend. going 5M certifications in 2021, we stan! I hope we can get RR to 2,5M this year maybe... hehe. thanks for the update everyone~

And yes, it's pretty much confirmed that all their singles except RBB are at 1 millions. BB ranked one place below RF on Yearly Download Chart, so I guess it should be around 1,3-1,4M DLs, while PU should be around 1m, or around the 980k I guess. BB should also be around 80M streamings. 

can someone explain this to me? because i thought TPRV sold over 100k  on gaon and here it says 91k

WEnKiJ.png

It's counting the Kinho version of the album! It sold over 10k copies, so the total for TPRV is way over 100k. A repackage did that!

Also glad for RBB, it can surpass 100k along TRS in the next months hopefully.

So now, Gaon added back the top 200 for digitals weekly. And guessss what, RF still charting, sitting at #193 (+7), this week! legend. going 5M certifications in 2021, we stan! I hope we can get RR to 2,5M this year maybe... hehe. thanks for the update everyone~

And yes, it's pretty much confirmed that all their singles except RBB are at 1 millions. BB ranked one place below RF on Yearly Download Chart, so I guess it should be around 1,3-1,4M DLs, while PU should be around 1m, or around the 980k I guess. BB should also be around 80M streamings. 

It's counting the Kinho version of the album! It sold over 10k copies, so the total for TPRV is way over 100k. A repackage did that!

Also glad for RBB, it can surpass 100k along TRS in the next months hopefully.

oh i see thank you! and yes repackage with the awful jewel case did that

also RF still charting a summer song in january 2019 is sending me truly a national hit

Updated the main post on the OP :

- Added yearly sales, including the updated digital numbers of PAB, RF & BB with RF still charting weekly and surpassing 800 billion.

- BB went from ~540M to now 630M and PAB went from ~280M to now 380M.

- HT coming to 300M, RBB coming at 100M and Goodbye just surpassed 100M!

- Total index surpassed 3,200,000,000 points!

- Updated physical sales too, only 20k away from 1 million total sales!

- Updated the chart pic with the yearly results. PAB & RF charted both on yearly chart (PAB didn't last year so its its only entry). SM becomes their highest-charting album on the year-end album chart, beating PV last year by a few spots!

Need to updated Spotify & Youtube numbers soon smile.png

Edited by IntoTheHappiness

says Power Up had 501,355 downloads for first 30 days and 1,201,030 total for 2018 congrats

based on it #69 sold 1,2M

so RV sales for just 2018 are over 5M+

Congrats Red Velvet 

oh and it means RV total sales are 19M-20M (if we count all their solos)

Edited by SappisusDidThat

Correct me if i am wrong but didn't T**** also topped the world album chart with Twicetagram ? On their wikipedia it says this,

"The album and its lead single debuted atop both Billboard's World Albums and World Digital Song Sales respectively—the group's first number 1, making Twice the first female K-pop act to lead on both charts."

Based on Gaon Stats proved for GMCA 

#20 Bigbang Flower Road has 1,83M downloads

#33 Twice What Is Love has 1,59M

#36 Twice DTNA has 1,57M

#69 Red Velvet Power Up has 1,2M

Good luck with your estimations and whoever estimated Bad Boy sales as 1,4M but its 1,8M downloads (#21)

Based on easy math Red Velvet sold 1,8M + 1,2M + 2* something between it makes at least 6M downloads for RV in 2018 if we count btracks + solos

So apparently BB and PAB hit 1.8 mil?

That’s amazing... seems like them falling of the charts was because of competition.

And lol didn’t think PU would actually hit 1 mil let alone 1.2 mil.

Edited by Bad Boy

I am so surprised with BB's sales! I thought a high estimate was 1.4M but 1.8M??? That's insane. It's what this masterpiece deserves rlytearpls.png

And I didn't expect PU to be @ 1.2M lol Looks like dls really took a spike

So can we estimate then that RF is at ~2.6-2.7M?

Edited by Brittany Stark

Correct me if i am wrong but didn't T**** also topped the world album chart with Twicetagram ? On their wikipedia it says this,

"The album and its lead single debuted atop both Billboard's World Albums and World Digital Song Sales respectively—the group's first number 1, making Twice the first female K-pop act to lead on both charts."

Oh I guess they meant about both the single (Likey) and album (twicetagram) being both #1 on Billboard's chart; however on my post the news was that RV was the first girlgroup to have their first full-album debut at #1 on BWA Chart - but my achievement part on the first page is olddddd and needs update too smh

I wonder if I should include the estimations for BB & PAB (+ maybe RF)?

We won't get any sales review except if they reach 2.5M, and this is the closest for estimations we can get, kinda like 2nd gen stans did for songs released in 2007-2010. Of course I'll put an asterix to mark that estimations are included, but I'm still wondering if I should or not. (and BB is confirmed at 99%)  

Oh I guess they meant about both the single (Likey) and album (twicetagram) being both #1 on Billboard's chart; however on my post the news was that RV was the first girlgroup to have their first full-album debut at #1 on BWA Chart - but my achievement part on the first page is olddddd and needs update too smh

I wonder if I should include the estimations for BB & PAB (+ maybe RF)?

We won't get any sales review except if they reach 2.5M, and this is the closest for estimations we can get, kinda like 2nd gen stans did for songs released in 2007-2010. Of course I'll put an asterix to mark that estimations are included, but I'm still wondering if I should or not. (and BB is confirmed at 99%) 

If this is the case then its alright and double check your post, it's "only" not "first".

- Only girlgroup to have their debut full-album topping Billboard World Albums Chart

Edited by SusanWill

1.7 millions sold for Peek-A-Boo at least confirmed!

This pretty much confirms too that PAB & BB are over 1,8M sales, so I'll add this to the thread. 

idk about Red Flavor, not so sure right now but I'll have to see with that estimations thread that was made. 

1.7 millions sold for Peek-A-Boo at least confirmed!

This pretty much confirms too that PAB & BB are over 1,8M sales, so I'll add this to the thread. 

idk about Red Flavor, not so sure right now but I'll have to see with that estimations thread that was made. 

Confirmed?Where?

Gaon Monthly Album Chart - Jan

The Perfect Red Velvet - 2,494 | Total: 106,867

RBB - 2,406 | Total: 96,773

Perfect Velvet - 1,621 | Total: 108,655

Rookie - 1,408 | Total: 106,916

The Red Summer - 1,244 | Total: 98,293

Both RBB and TRS should pass 100k on Gaon this year

Confirmed?Where?

Simple math

Peek-a-boo is above Power Up on the download chart, Gaon confirmed Power Up sold 1.2M downloads in 2018

in 2017, Peek-a-boo sold 569k downloads. 569k + 1.2M = 1.769M

Can someone tell me if the data in this video(

) is right?

Cuz it says that RBB has sold 5,411 copies within Oricon.

Also there's this tweet (https://twitter.com/ggalbumsales/status/1093605279810375680) which somehow go below gaon's top 100 album monthly sales and says that RR sold 991 copies in december etc. Is this valid information? Because i didn't see it anywere but in these places.

Edit: Aparently there's a thread about Oricon sales that confirm that RBB has sold 5,411 copies 

Edited by SlayVelvet2

Can someone tell me if the data in this video(

) is right?

Cuz it says that RBB has sold 5,411 copies within Oricon.

Also there's this tweet (https://twitter.com/ggalbumsales/status/1093605279810375680) which somehow go below gaon's top 100 album monthly sales and says that RR sold 991 copies in december etc. Is this valid information? Because i didn't see it anywere but in these places.

Edit: Aparently there's a thread about Oricon sales that confirm that RBB has sold 5,411 copies

Yeah here’s the last it charted in the Top 300 (at number 228)

bYWpktm.jpg

I wonder if Red Velvet will ever release physical in Japan again.

Yeah here’s the last it charted in the Top 300 (at number 228)

bYWpktm.jpg

I wonder if Red Velvet will ever release physical in Japan again.

Oh, great! Whoever does the wikipedia page for "Red Velvet Discography" needs to update it.

I wouldn't say they won't but Avex does not give a fuck about promoting them in Japan so I don't know.

Like, we don't even know the genre of Sayonara, we don't know if it's going to have a mv, if it's going to be that digital thing like SAPPY, or if is going to be a normal single so we can actually know its sales, the thing is going to be released in 8 days yet, we know N O T H I N G, this pisses me out so much

Oh, great! Whoever does the wikipedia page for "Red Velvet Discography" needs to update it.

I wouldn't say they won't but Avex does not give a fuck about promoting them in Japan so I don't know.

Like, we don't even know the genre of Sayonara, we don't know if it's going to have a mv, if it's going to be that digital thing like SAPPY, or if is going to be a normal single so we can actually know its sales, the thing is going to be released in 8 days yet, we know N O T H I N G, this pisses me out so much

It is a digital thing like Sappy there is no physical release. They said that during the initial announcement

"é…ä¿¡é™å®š" means digital release only

https://redvelvet-jp.net/news/detail.php?id=1069537

Confirmed?Where?

yup the calculations + the producer in her IG post wrote the sales for PU, DTNA & PAB (which is 1,7M).

I guess I'll update the thread next week when I'll have some free time~ 

About that japanese single, too bad it's only a digital release........ not even an album, I wonder if we're even getting a MV lmao omg... their japan management really sucks at this point I just hope they'll keep doing great/ok in Korea bc Japan definitely ain't it with how it's been for now. 

Also, as it was linked in a post above, I saw that ggalbumsales twitter account post some sales like it was taken from the top 200 on the monthly, but I don't see where? I saw it has updated numbers on TV & TR which is nice since they are the same for a long time now

yup the calculations + the producer in her IG post wrote the sales for PU, DTNA & PAB (which is 1,7M).

I guess I'll update the thread next week when I'll have some free time~ 

About that japanese single, too bad it's only a digital release........ not even an album, I wonder if we're even getting a MV lmao omg... their japan management really sucks at this point I just hope they'll keep doing great/ok in Korea bc Japan definitely ain't it with how it's been for now. 

Also, as it was linked in a post above, I saw that ggalbumsales twitter account post some sales like it was taken from the top 200 on the monthly, but I don't see where? I saw it has updated numbers on TV & TR which is nice since they are the same for a long time now

If you want a Hanteo update, i check the charts every day (since it's free now), im missing a few days in January but for albums that charted on the monthly chart like RBB, TPRV, and Rookie it should up to date

2019 sales/Total Sales

RBB - 2,390 / 52,879

Summer Magic - 552 / 98,283

The Perfect Red Velvet - 822 / 60,357

Perfect Velvet - 293 / 75,893

Red Summer - 430 / 60,861

Rookie - 672 / 67,771

Russian Roulette - 327 / 50,946

The Velvet - 35 / 49,320

The Red - 48 / 49,366

Ice Cream Cake - 303 / 45,181

Edited by Romeo

If you want a Hanteo update, i check the charts every day (since it's free now), im missing a few days in January but for albums that charted on the monthly chart like RBB, TPRV, and Rookie it should up to date

2019 sales/Total Sales

RBB - 2,390 / 52,879

Rookie - 672 / 67,771

The Velvet - 35 / 49,320

The Red - 48 / 49,366

ICC really has come a long way...

2019 sales/Total Sales

RBB - 2,390 / 52,879

Rookie - 672 / 67,771

The Velvet - 35 / 49,320

The Red - 48 / 49,366

Ah yes, thank you! smile.png

I used to keep track on Baidu Bar each era but I don't know where to look anymore so it's really useful~ 

I guess also these new numbers were from Gaon Top 200 Albums chart? The admin of that twitter account won't answer people but I wonder how he got access to that..?

Digital Index has been updated to week 7 on the OP (they surpassed 3,3 billion points) - all the following pictures will be updated! Including Spotify, achievements, Youtube, etc.

They also just finished their North America part of the tour so I need to update the numbers~

Edited by IntoTheHappiness