Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
IntoTheHappiness

sales ♪♫ RED VELVET - Data/Records Sales & Charts Thread ♫♪ 24M+ records! #RVISMonsterSoon

I'm more amazed at the fact that ICC is still charting around the 400s and is about to hit 1,1kk

It'll be a solid first week for album sales. Must quarantee a first week of wins even if Lee Changjung sells a lot digitally. Fans must be holding back to also try a second week of wins!

"Russian Roulette" Weekly Ranking in Charts (Week 1)

Melon #6

Mnet #4

Bugs #2

Olleh #4

Soribada #5

Genie #3

Naver #4

Monkey3 #13

Isn't RR their most consistent first week until now? I don't remember ICC or DD doing as well...

So I guess I was right about fans holding back on buckbuying seeing how the sales in the second week are pretty stable at 2~1,5k in those two days even if sunday they didn't get 500 copies even.

Why only 267 today ? :(

Chuseok most likely.

A good second week, stable!

Okay now I'm concerned about the physical sales but at least it's not dropping too much. There's a fansign tomorrow so I guess they'll get 1k+

Don't compare it to their OOtN album but instead compare it to their ICC mini and TR album. Ofcourse it look underwhelm compare to their OOTN album because fans bulk buying to make the girls win on Music Show since their digital too is underwhelm compare to their DD and ICC song. But if you look the sales the get right now. Correct me if i'm wrong. It doing just as same ad their ICC mini amd TR full album doing. Slowly but still selling. And we also nee to wait and see how it doing tomorrow since tomorrow is their fansign. If the sale increase then it clearly that fans want to wait till their fansign being announce. So SM need to be serious and don't be a stupid, please add MORE FANSIGN!!

Yup, they slay. :)

This doesn't make sense, plus I've said the same thing pages behind (about bulk buying) so if you look, there's a reason why I'm "concerned", so don't worry I know what I'm talking about.

Either way what I'm saying is, I expected their sales to not drop below 1k-day so soon. It's a fact that The Velvet sold less than 10k after the first week and RR already sold more than 10k after the first week. I'm hoping their sales will be at least stable. But what I'm more concerned is that their albums always stop somewhere between 45-50k and it's not a "good" signal. At least it's not dropping, because The Velvet indeed wasn't a hit or something. RR is doing good, their best song yet on digital charts but the physical is kinda dissapointing to look at, I expected sales to at least be better than it is being now.

Nowadays SM artists physical sales on GAON are pretty close to their Hanteo sales. I'm predicting 40 to 45k sales on Gaon. :/

I lowkey feel fans aren't buying albums and instead supporting them digitally instead...maybe that's why they have never fallen from the top 5 in melon, and usually are in the top 10 in the instiz chart even after all these comebacks...

Mhm I don't think it's THAT possible. Even EXO fans can't make EXO stay within top 10 all the time like RR is staying on top 5. They're facing strong competition and still staying on top 5, this has to do with how succesful they're being with general public (the ones that actually stream the most, to be honest).
So their lack of physical sales is rather confusing, like... No bulkbuying infos, no fan projects infos... Low number of fansigns... SM needs to work on that ASAP

I lowkey feel fans aren't buying albums and instead supporting them digitally instead...maybe that's why they have never fallen from the top 5 in melon, and usually are in the top 10 in the instiz chart even after all these comebacks...

Edited by blaqshinki

Russian Roulette success on youtube seems to be affecting their other MVs views!

GAON is out!

#5 digital

#11 Downloads (75,100)

#4 Streaming (4,118,093)

#5 Album

So the downloads of Russian Roulette for a 3rd week is... a bit weak? And every b-side except Lucky Girl is out  :unsure:  I'm so mad SM didn't give them more promotions seriously. Anyway. The song/album is still #5 on both digital and album chart, which is really good!

A small comparison of 3 weeks chart with their past releases :

I wouldn't say weak, I would say expected drop.

I was comparing to other songs dropping in sales with similar chartings:

Navillera sold almost 300k first week, about 120k second and 78k on the third.

Why So Lonely about the same as Navillera.

The only big difference is the first week sales in which RR sold "much less" than the ones I mentioned. I didn't check cheer up though, but what will truly tell RR success apart from the other's is the stability... If RR keeps being this stable, then we don't need to worry.

iEbJsvr.jpg

Waaah thank you so much, I couldn't find the thread in which this compilation chart is in.

Aaaaaaand RR spikes up on the charts on the weekends. RR back to top 10 in all charts.

"Russian Roulette" Weekly Digital Charts Ranking (Week 4)

Melon #5

Mnet #10

Bugs #7

olleh #10

Soribada #12

Genie #5

Naver #5

Monkey3 #8

If only RR got top 10 on soribada..... Put nonetheless, THIS is stability. I was wondering if RR could actually have a similar charting to SISTAR's I Like That, but I hope it won't fall as fast.

GAON Weekly is out and: 

#4 Streams: 4,070,399
#21 Downloads: 56,606
#9 Digital
#17 Album

I'm SO impressed with the streamings.

that's really good!

amazed at the fact that they have 500k downloads in a little over a month. They may soon become SM's most downloaded group song soon

The downloads downwards trend is not as bad as I thought it could be. I agree! I think it can surpass Monster by november, if the downwards trend continues this stable. But if you look closely the Streamings this week is 200k higher than the previous.

Hmm I think they may end up with pretty high streamings by the end of the year.

Do you happen to know their album #s?

This week? there's no numbers on gaon weekly and i haven't seen any sales for hanteo since like last week :/ all I know is that Hanteo is 33k and gaon is 48k+

GAON is out and I'm once again so proud of RR stability.  :rlytearpls:

Still on top 10 digital.

#10 Digital Chart

#35 Download 49,306 (574,092)

#5 Streaming 3,721,511

#20 Album

Edited by blaqshinki

Yup RR is the most downloaded SM song this year with 619K, EXO's Monster got 614K downloads.

For streams, RR - 26.6 millions, Monster - 28.8 millions.

Taeyeon's Rain surpassed 1 million downloads, but RR is the most downloaded SM group song.

Even with the hundred of big names releasing singles, Red Velvet still getting this top 15-20 every day.  :rlytearpls:

Russian Roulette stability is giving me chills  :rlytearpls:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Russian Roulette still rising on the daily charts like it's a new song. LOL It's #16 now.

I think the reason why they aren't putting any new stuff out is because of year-end shows, this time of the year is known to be the most hectic and tiring for most idols (hence why some say this time of the year is ~a nightmare~ joking (supposedly)). So I think SM has decided not to overwork them with anymore promotions so they can prepare for those Year-end cerimonies. 

How much has RR sold on Gaon and hanteo?

Album numbers are updated on OP.