Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Infinity

[The Official Diet Thread] For Lazy Bitches

Damn, I never knew this, thanks !  :ohbi:

not trying to sound sarcastic btw, I actually didn't know this xd 

dw, it didn't sound sarcastic!

Question :

How to cut carbs ? I never, since I started dieting, managed to stay under 45% carbs more than the occasional day or without literally starving myself.

It's not really necessary. What matters more is how much energy you take in, what type of carbohydrates it is and if you get enough nutrients (or too much).

Cut salt out , that sht makes you hella fat !!

can someone explain why salt makes you fat? it doesnt have any calories 

as long as you're eating healthy carbs (like brown rice and veggies) I don't think you have to cut it out :o

dw, it didn't sound sarcastic!

It's not really necessary. What matters more is how much energy you take in, what type of carbohydrates it is and if you get enough nutrients (or too much).

My vit A, B and C intakes are optimal (and usually higher than recommended). My calorie intake is about 1200 kcal/day, and most of my carbs are from whole grains, beans, fruits and fruit juice (damn that orange juice). 100% not from concentrate orange juice is literally where 60% of my daily sugar intake comes from.

70% calories all coming from carbs is far from healthy, knowing all that stuff is going straight to my belly fat when I don't exercise. And due to me living in a dorm that doesn't cater to my nutritional needs, I have to eat way less proteins that I would like so it's either starve or eat too much carbs. 

can someone explain why salt makes you fat? it doesnt have any calories 

I guess its not that salt itself makes you gain, but usually things with a lot of salt are bad for you (chips etc)

but too much salt makes you retain water and that has an affect on your weight

I guess its not that salt itself makes you gain, but usually things with a lot of salt are bad for you (chips etc)

but too much salt makes you retain water and that has an affect on your weight

ohh that makes sense

but would drinking lots of water make up for that

since i put a lot of seasonings on my veggies lol

height: 5'1"

cw: 135? 140? not really sure i try not to weigh myself atm

gw: somewhere between 95-110 - i'll know when i get there! (more concerned about how i look than the number on the scale)

i've gained so much weight this year but it's weird, i keep losing fat but my actual weight hasn't budged and i don't think i've built much muscle...like i still weigh 135 ish, which is overweight via bmi, but i measured my waist today and it was 26.5-7 inches which is healthy and whenever my body fat gets measured it's a healthy amount? it's kinda weird. anyways i don't need a thigh gap but one of the worst things ever is inner thigh chafing so i guess my goals are to get rid of chafing and have a mostly flat belly. i have super thick thighs though so i doubt i'll ever get down to thigh gap skinny!

Weight: 136lbs

Goal: 120-115 lbs

Gone from 185lbs to my current weight so I'm pretty happy atm, still a little to go before I go on holiday though-

I've been using Kayla Itsines' bikini body goal workout on evenings, so when I come back from uni, I always make sure to get her workout in for 20 minutes (It works on your arms, abs + legs)

This is an example of what the whole workout is:

+ here's the training plan !!

I also make sure to run 7 miles a week (at least), work in the gym 4 times a week and I do weight training for 20 minutes a day. Skipping is also super effective.

As for my diet, I cut out cheese entirely (RIP), and found that I was losing sooo much fat, cutting down on dairy in general (haven't quite given up milk but cut down the fat content) has really helped. I eat 800 calories a day, with at least 400 of the calories being from vegetables. I really wanna look good, I feel a lot prettier now I've lost a bit of weight idk.

Body goals:

height: 5'1"

cw: 135? 140? not really sure i try not to weigh myself atm

gw: somewhere between 95-110 - i'll know when i get there! (more concerned about how i look than the number on the scale)

i've gained so much weight this year but it's weird, i keep losing fat but my actual weight hasn't budged and i don't think i've built much muscle...like i still weigh 135 ish, which is overweight via bmi, but i measured my waist today and it was 26.5-7 inches which is healthy and whenever my body fat gets measured it's a healthy amount? it's kinda weird. anyways i don't need a thigh gap but one of the worst things ever is inner thigh chafing so i guess my goals are to get rid of chafing and have a mostly flat belly. i have super thick thighs though so i doubt i'll ever get down to thigh gap skinny!

You sound like you're a similar size to me (except you're shorter), so I understand your pain :(

You sound like you're a similar size to me (except you're shorter), so I understand your pain :(

you work out a lot though! i don't work out nearly as much. next week i'm starting a new fitness class though, so that'll be 3 intense workouts a week - can't really fit anything else in my busy busy schedule.

it's also hard for me to lose weight because i'm super super pear shaped. i carry a fair amount, but not that much, fat in my face, arms, stomach, etc. and then my thighs are just like POW POW lmfao, and they're usually the slowest place to lose weight too which majorly sucks

you work out a lot though! i don't work out nearly as much. next week i'm starting a new fitness class though, so that'll be 3 intense workouts a week - can't really fit anything else in my busy busy schedule.

it's also hard for me to lose weight because i'm super super pear shaped. i carry a fair amount, but not that much, fat in my face, arms, stomach, etc. and then my thighs are just like POW POW lmfao, and they're usually the slowest place to lose weight too which majorly sucks

ya it's a pain to keep up w/ though bc uni has to exist and first year stress/weight hit so hard last year, it's easy for it to happen again. :(

do you have wider hips too?? i find that to be super buggy too bc all my weight goes around my hips/my thighs so like whilst i'm not fatter i just look..wider? 

YOU GOT THIS THOUGH I BELIEVE IN YOU, this thread is such a good idea for us all.

fc6b8363-1084-4d2d-98b2-702647ceb082.gif

• Like 1

im pear shaped too  :cry:  i haven chicken arms but all my fat are in lower belly and thighs =0=

• Like 1

ya it's a pain to keep up w/ though bc uni has to exist and first year stress/weight hit so hard last year, it's easy for it to happen again. :(

do you have wider hips too?? i find that to be super buggy too bc all my weight goes around my hips/my thighs so like whilst i'm not fatter i just look..wider? 

YOU GOT THIS THOUGH I BELIEVE IN YOU, this thread is such a good idea for us all.

fc6b8363-1084-4d2d-98b2-702647ceb082.gif

yeah i do have wide hips! and i feel! i believe in you too!

i hope i can finally reach my goal because i've been trying and failing since 2011 and it's really started to get to me, but i find i lose the most weight when i'm not worrying about it too much so that's my new strategy lol! also i started some new meds that are known to reduce appetite so that should be cool

Also I heard somewhere that in the shower, have hot water on for 10 seconds and then turn on cold water for 10 seconds. apparently it increases your blood flow or sth

Smelling cinnamon, listening to music, massaging your ears gives you more energy 

Weight: 100 pounds  Height: 5'2

Goal weight: 85-90 pounds

I've started using an app that was pre-installed onto my phone called LG Health (it appears as an extra home page on my GFlex 2), and I'm really happy with it just now!  I've managed to burn 120 calories from just walking to and from school, as well as around campus.  I've walked the equivalent of 3.6km today and haven't had to do super intensive exercise!  I have spin tonight so hopefully my bike is working properly and I can work out how many calories I've lost there as well.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

i was 110 pounds yesterday but today i check the scale again and i was 113 pounds. I legit freaked out and started googling why i was not losing weight despite eating less than 800 cals a day. And ugh i wish i never did because it says bc apparently i was entering starvation mode so i need to eat more calories. so I ate 2 dinner portions rip. Then later realized the reason my weight was higher was because I just started my period rip. kms  :cry:  :cry:

I went from 160 to 128 since January 1st and here's how I did it. Disclaimer: I don't know if everything I did was healthy so I am in no way of trying to convince anyone that is the case. Just sharing my experience.

My day starts around 8am and I eat a pretty big breakfast: plain oatmeal; some sort of egg: usually scrambled egg whites or a boiled egg; half to a whole avocado on a slice of toast; then I usually grab an apple or banana heading out the door. I've tried doing smoothies or juices in the morning. Nope. My stomach hates it, just can't do cold liquids in the morning. The breakfast is pretty fulfilling so I usually don't feel hungry 'til about 12:30/1ish. 

For lunch I eat a huge plate of grilled or steamed veggies + fish or chicken. I used to eat a lot so I knew a small plate of veggie is never going to satisfy my hunger, so instead of saying, eating half bag of Spinach, I eat the entire bag. Some days it's hard to get down because I do get tired of the veggie/protein combination; but my mom helped me make some delicious toppings such as corn & black beans, salsa and cucumbers to add flavor to my protein.

Dinner is usually a medium sized sweet potato and chicken soup or more steamed veggies. 

Throughout the day I drink a lot of water, warm, never iced; and snack on things like almonds, cucumbers and sometimes small pieces of dark chocolate. One of the hardest thing was not being to go out to dinner with my friends as much; instead of I eat at home and meet them afterwards for coffee. However, if I do have to eat out, I stick to healthier options and won't stress about it after.

In terms of exercise, there's a lake near my house and once around is about 0.7 miles, so I walk around 2-3 times everyday. Not even jogging but just walking. 

I do allow myself to indulge sometimes because I feel like I would just binge if I completely cut myself off the good stuff. I still eat stuff like pizza, ramen from time to time, but I just limit the quantity and doesn't have it often. Did I cheat during my diet? Of course, but if I cheated with a doughnut that just means 3 more times around the lake that week. I put my headphone on and it's a walk in the park, literally. hah.

Overall eating healthy has been enjoyable and I don't miss the grease. I can definitely see myself maintaining this new lifestyle going forward.

Thanks for letting me share. 

Edited by orangepoppy
  • Like 4

I went from 160 to 128 since January 1st and here's how I did it. Disclaimer: I don't know if everything I did was healthy so I am in no way of trying to convince anyone that is the case. Just sharing my experience.

My day starts around 8am and I eat a pretty big breakfast: plain oatmeal; some sort of egg: usually scrambled egg whites or a boiled egg; half to a whole avocado on a slice of toast; then I usually grab an apple or banana heading out the door. I've tried doing smoothies or juices in the morning. Nope. My stomach hates it, just can't do cold liquids in the morning. The breakfast is pretty fulfilling so I usually don't feel hungry 'til about 12:30/1ish. 

For lunch I eat a huge plate of grilled or steamed veggies + fish or chicken. I used to eat a lot so I knew a small plate of veggie is never going to satisfy my hunger, so instead of saying, eating half bag of Spinach, I eat the entire bag. Some days it's hard to get down because I do get tired of the veggie/protein combination; but my mom helped me make some delicious toppings such as corn & black beans, salsa and cucumbers to add flavor to my protein.

Dinner is usually a medium sized sweet potato and chicken soup or more steamed veggies. 

Throughout the day I drink a lot of water, warm, never iced; and snack on things like almonds, cucumbers and sometimes small pieces of dark chocolate. One of the hardest thing was not being to go out to dinner with my friends as much; instead of I eat at home and meet them afterwards for coffee. However, if I do have to eat out, I stick to healthier options and won't stress about it after.

In terms of exercise, there's a lake near my house and once around is about 0.7 miles, so I walk around 2-3 times everyday. Not even jogging but just walking. 

I do allow myself to indulge sometimes because I feel like I would just binge if I completely cut myself off the good stuff. I still eat stuff like pizza, ramen from time to time, but I just limit the quantity and doesn't have it often. Did I cheat during my diet? Of course, but if I cheated with a doughnut that just means 3 more times around the lake that week. I put my headphone on and it's a walk in the park, literally. hah.

Overall eating healthy has been enjoyable and I don't miss the grease. I can definitely see myself maintaining this new lifestyle going forward.

wow  :omg:  you must be super happy wow congratulations c:

wow  :omg:  you must be super happy wow congratulations c:

I am! Thanks very much! In fact, while the weight loss has been good but I am actually more happy about living a healthier lifestyle. Now that I eat better, keep active and doesn't sleep late. Everything else has been better too: my skin, hair, and most importantly my mental health.

Weight: 112 Height: 5'4

Goal: 100 pounds

(100 pounds is normal weight in my family ok)

I replaced cereal in the morning with blueberry and soymilk, its so much healthier and literally heaven trust

Also I pack veggies like cucumber, zucchini, grilled red onions, bell pepper for lunch. I either squirt lemon juice and spray some seasoning on them or just dip them in hummus

+ fruits

If I don't pack hummus my lunch is basically 10 calories like

sweet potatoes makes me sooo full i always get hungry at midnight and just one sweet potatoes with a glass of water makes me feel super full ok ok

I'm also taking hydroxycut

and I try to drink lots of water and green tea

Im eating less than 1000calories but I don't feel tired c:

also body goals:

Hmm, even if you don't feel tired, no one should ever take in less than 1200 calories. Please trust me, I study a lot of nutrition and dietetics, and you will harm your body if you keep eating like this. When you don't eat enough calories your body goes into starvation mode and immediately stores all calories you eat in fat reserves. Depending on personal details, you should eat around 1300 calories and workout every day. I would love to give you more information on losing weight, so please PM me whenever if you're interested ^_^

:o

Impressive! Thanks for sharing!

i need to loose some weight , so i am walking  everyday for 20 min . i eat everything but did stop chocolate ( i need to loose 5 kilos )