Im on a keto diet for a week already

im 1,73m and when i started i was 60kg amgplz.png

I felt so round and bad about myself, but i was never a person

who goes on diets coz i never needed that, i was always average,

didnt really matter how much i ate, i was always the same weight, but i guess

im getting older and things change lol

So i decided to try keto and i already lost 3kg,

of course its water weight, but still im happy something is changing laugh.png

the hardest thing is to get rid of old habits.

I always ate rice, noodles, bread before and now i cant do that anymore,

which is reaaaally hard, but the key is to find good recipes and read nutritional

information,  dont trust anything whats written on the package,

it may say low carbs, no sugar and etc. but when you check the back

you see 4356567g of sugar and other stuff which you dont need.

I will do a meal prep in the end of the week.

All week i didnt really follow how much exactly carbs i ate, but now i will

try using myfitnesspal

#82 Saea Pink

Saea Pink

Trainee

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 07:23 AM

Came back to this thread to ask for some in-depth and professional health tips.

So starting off, I've just had a medical exmination last 2 weeks and here's what I got: At a height of 5'6'', I weigh 205 lbs and to top it off, a BP (at that time) of 145/90

Heck, things got out of hand and here am I. So after that med exam, I started my adventure to a healthier life.

I looked for the calorie deficit calculator (how much calorie should you intake to properly lose weight without starving oneself) I've seen months before but I can't find it now, could be of great help.

I would like to ask for help regarding that matter and along with it, a meal plan to complement that calorie deficit plan. Right now, I go with quaker outs with fruits and nuts for breakfast and a complete meal with rice in lunch (since that's the only thing available in our office) and hardly nothing (or egg or oatmeal again) for dinner.

For physical activities, I always walk going to office and back (10~15 minute walk, one way) and once I got home, I jog (intervals) and simple workout (yknow, push ups, crunches, etc) for an hour and a half, everyday.

Well now, if someone could help me construct a more detailed meal plan and could suggest a plan for physical activities as well (as much as possible, no equipment, as I'm homebound lol), it would be greatly appreciated!

#83 Chiaka

Chiaka

♔ +SEUNGLORD+ ♔

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 03:02 PM

I baked my first keto bread

which was a fail

375g of bread - 35g of carbs ohdearplz.png

but ye i wont eat it alone and not in one day,

only 1-2 slices a day.

Biggest mistake was coconut flour whcih has 24g of carbs per 100g

and baking powder - 33,6g per 100g rlytearpls.png

well next time ifi make it again, I will make sure

i use almond flour and baking powder with less carbs.

I didnt have a bread form so it doesnt really look like bread lol

and taste is interesting since coconut has that sweetness and i put some salt.

overall this bread isnt super bad, at least its better than normal bread

pics:

Spoiler

#84 gudetama

gudetama

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 02:20 PM

Im on a keto diet for a week already

im 1,73m and when i started i was 60kg https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

I felt so round and bad about myself, but i was never a person

who goes on diets coz i never needed that, i was always average,

didnt really matter how much i ate, i was always the same weight, but i guess

im getting older and things change lol

So i decided to try keto and i already lost 3kg,

of course its water weight, but still im happy something is changing https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

the hardest thing is to get rid of old habits.

I always ate rice, noodles, bread before and now i cant do that anymore,

which is reaaaally hard, but the key is to find good recipes and read nutritional

information,  dont trust anything whats written on the package,

it may say low carbs, no sugar and etc. but when you check the back

you see 4356567g of sugar and other stuff which you dont need.

I will do a meal prep in the end of the week.

All week i didnt really follow how much exactly carbs i ate, but now i will

try using myfitnesspal

Your weight was fine before but I agree with the rest of your post. I prioritize glycemic index over total carbohydrates though they kinda go hand in hand.

Came back to this thread to ask for some in-depth and professional health tips.

So starting off, I've just had a medical exmination last 2 weeks and here's what I got: At a height of 5'6'', I weigh 205 lbs and to top it off, a BP (at that time) of 145/90

Heck, things got out of hand and here am I. So after that med exam, I started my adventure to a healthier life.

I looked for the calorie deficit calculator (how much calorie should you intake to properly lose weight without starving oneself) I've seen months before but I can't find it now, could be of great help.

I would like to ask for help regarding that matter and along with it, a meal plan to complement that calorie deficit plan. Right now, I go with quaker outs with fruits and nuts for breakfast and a complete meal with rice in lunch (since that's the only thing available in our office) and hardly nothing (or egg or oatmeal again) for dinner.

For physical activities, I always walk going to office and back (10~15 minute walk, one way) and once I got home, I jog (intervals) and simple workout (yknow, push ups, crunches, etc) for an hour and a half, everyday.

Well now, if someone could help me construct a more detailed meal plan and could suggest a plan for physical activities as well (as much as possible, no equipment, as I'm homebound lol), it would be greatly appreciated!

1200 calories per day is the minimum for a female but it depends on your height, weight, activity level, and age. I just googled this and maybe you can try this calculator: https://authoritynut...ries-per-day/ 

I don't know what kind of oats you are using, but I recommend steel cut oats versus instant or rolled oats. It has a lower glycemic index and will keep you feeling fuller longer. Eat brown rice versus white if you can. You should add veggies to your dinner as well. It's recommended that 50% of a meal consists of veggies, 25% protein (example meat, egg), and 25% carbs (example rice). 

Your jogging and resistance training sounds good. Fitness Blender on Youtube is good if you want a variety of at home workouts.

#85 jiyo

jiyo

300 Fox Way

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,395 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:26 PM (Edited by yujuwon, 24 July 2017 - 04:27 PM.)

hey hey. i'm not sure this is the right thread for this, but well, i'm gonna try 

for the last few months i relapsed after a couple of years okay and it's like now that i'm trying to get better i completely forgot what it's like to eat in healthy way @[email protected] i don't know if i should go for a diet to gain weight or a regular one like the ones i've briefly seen posted in this thread. i lack... everything ohdearplz.png i kinda messed up my health as well, i'm really underweight and weak as hell. so... should i focus on gaining weight diet or follow a different one? can i do both at the same time? rlytearpls.png

thank you for anyone that replies <3

#86 Rose.

Rose.

☾ BYULHARANG ☾

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,367 posts
  • LocationFORMERLY KNOWN AS KUROISHI

Posted 29 July 2017 - 10:43 PM

Has anyone heard of eating scrambled eggs and flour tortillas for weight loss?

#87 BigToe

BigToe

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 06:39 PM

I recently decided on dieting. Going on my third week but haven't weighed myself so I don't really know if I have lose anything. 
This past week my friends and I decided to go to the gym and went for 6 days with one rest day.

I recently decided on dieting. Going on my third week but haven't weighed myself so I don't really know if I have lose anything. 
This past week my friends and I decided to go to the gym and went for 6 days with one rest day.

#88 Deea

Deea

WTSQUAD

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,655 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:03 AM (Edited by Deea, 31 July 2017 - 09:06 AM.)

Im starting the smoothie diet today and i hope to lose at least 3kgs lol

Spoiler

#89 Chiaka

Chiaka

♔ +SEUNGLORD+ ♔

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 06:09 PM

My weight stopped dropping for a whiiile and now i checked

and im 55,5kg , woooooo

if i was doing this diet alone, i would have stopped already.

I understood i cant really have anything sweet or else i will

start having cravings for more ;__;

We bought mascarpone its a bit sweet and i ate so much, really felt

like cheating, thought i will get kicked out of ketosis, but i didnt !! dave.png

but ye, now i know and i wont eat anything sweet other than black 100% cocao chocolate,

which at first was super bitter and tbh i never ever liked it, i always found it disgusting, but now

i started liking it and i taste some sweetness, so whenever i crave for something and

feel like cheating i take a bite of dark chocolate.

#90 creepymingyufan<3

creepymingyufan<3

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationMINGYU PENETRATE ME

Posted 04 September 2017 - 05:56 AM

hey hey. i'm not sure this is the right thread for this, but well, i'm gonna try 

for the last few months i relapsed after a couple of years okay and it's like now that i'm trying to get better i completely forgot what it's like to eat in healthy way @[email protected] i don't know if i should go for a diet to gain weight or a regular one like the ones i've briefly seen posted in this thread. i lack... everything https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot... i kinda messed up my health as well, i'm really underweight and weak as hell. so... should i focus on gaining weight diet or follow a different one? can i do both at the same time? https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

thank you for anyone that replies <3

same i am underweight and was anorexic, but I'm gonna try to diet just for health and not losing weight, and exercise to hopefully build muscle and gain weight but I'm new to this so idk

#91 Delphine

Delphine

Certified Sommungchi

• Hall OH Fame
  • 21,478 posts
  • LocationWaiting for Somi to debut!

Posted 20 October 2017 - 05:43 PM (Edited by Delphine, 20 October 2017 - 05:46 PM.)

I don't exactly know where to go for this, and this thread isn't very active to be honest, but well, it's gonna have to do for now. I've been on a diet since the end of June now, after suffering health problems (mainly back pains) for a good part of 2017. Also feeling gross with myself, body image wasn't so good either, and overall personal issues led me to take some actions towards a healthier me. I have now lost 18 kgs total thus far, and hope to lose 30 more hopefully if things go well.

It's still frustrating because while body image is getting better, it's still nowhere near where it was 4 years ago. I desperately want to fit in my clothes again, because I love them and feel like I could express myself and who I am through them. But it's a process, and I'll get there eventually anyway, and finally feel like myself again.

I had already lost a massive amount of weight several years ago, so I know I can do this, but I really want it to stick this time. Sadly, life sometimes gets in the way of your plans, but you gotta do your very best anyway. This time I'm losing at a slower pace, which I think is better. I also experienced my 1st weight loss in a very traumatic way under extremely challenging and tiring circumstances, but I'm in a great head-space this time, so I think that can make a difference on the long-term.

I'm basically counting everything I eat, measuring every grams, calories, and reporting them. Using myfitnesspal as well, and it has been extremely helpful thus far. I try to eat around 1400 calories a day, but to be honest, I feel full before I reach that limit most of the times. I try to still take on enough calories, because I know my body needs it, and that it ain't healthy not to. I cut on carbs heavily, processed food entirely. I prioritize vegetables, fruits, meat and milk-based food. I allow myself cheat days regularly, because eating is a very social activity in my country, and I don't want to feel like shit everytime I go out and eat with friends and family, that's actually something I struggled with a lot the 1st time around. It can sometime slow me down for several days or even weeks, but it's alright, it's definitely better to take care of my mental health as well during this process, and not just be strict and harsh on myself all the time. I want to develop a good relationship to food, and not a punishing one, so it'll take time, but I'll get there!

And that's it for now. See y'all in a few months. Fighting everybody!

#92 guccislipper

guccislipper

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:06 AM

It's 2018 and people still belive the fast/slow metabolism thingand starvation mode.
When weightloss is just CICO. You have to find your TDEE and eat less calories than it and thats all.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

#93 Starfire.

Starfire.

Cake

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,627 posts
  • LocationMy Room

Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:17 PM

I just cut out fast food and sweets last month and I'm hoping to get down to at least 47 kg by the end of the year. It's hard but I think I'll be fine, I have 2 cheat days once a month. 

#94 oddments

oddments

Sana Enthusiast

• PipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • Location친구를 만나느라 shy shy shy♡

Posted 22 February 2018 - 05:50 PM

hii everyone !
i want to get down to 95lbs

i'm 107 now (don't worry i'm short so it's not that extreme)

i eat around 600-800 cals on a bad day

don't tell me it's unhealthy because i know it is but so is eating junk food but no one has a problem with people who do that so ...

#95 Boom

Boom

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 10:36 AM (Edited by Boom, 13 April 2018 - 10:37 AM.)

I'm on the starvation diet because I'm way too busy, so I spend a lot of my days sleeping... if I'm not sleeping, I'll be studying. If I'm not studying, I'm in class. However, I did try intermittent fasting and it definitely works.... Trying to hit 120 lbs rn gahhh. 

#96 WindUpBird

WindUpBird

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationA mirage

Posted 01 September 2018 - 03:16 PM (Edited by WindUpBird, 01 September 2018 - 03:38 PM.)

Not on a diet but I wonder how much weight I'll lose from today.  I have no appetite and I didn't sleep enough.  I woke up 5 hours ago and all I've had is miso soup, 3/4th of a cup of tea, and leftover pieces from a granola bar.  It could be worse I suppose.

Edit:  Right after I typed this I pulled myself up by the bootstraps and fed myself.  Now I need the willpower to stop using this message board to procrastinate instead of study.

#97 Jurin ❤ Onew

Jurin ❤ Onew

Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 02:59 AM

thank goodness for this thread. i would like to see other's diet routine so that i could get inspired

#98 Saint Jenissi

Saint Jenissi

x까라 난 Do'main과 Buckwilds다

• PipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts
  • Locationa pit of despair

Posted 14 September 2018 - 02:34 AM (Edited by Saint Jenissi, 14 September 2018 - 05:48 AM.)

I baked my first keto bread

which was a fail

375g of bread - 35g of carbs https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

but ye i wont eat it alone and not in one day,

only 1-2 slices a day.

Biggest mistake was coconut flour whcih has 24g of carbs per 100g

and baking powder - 33,6g per 100g https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

well next time ifi make it again, I will make sure

i use almond flour and baking powder with less carbs.

I didnt have a bread form so it doesnt really look like bread lol

and taste is interesting since coconut has that sweetness and i put some salt.

overall this bread isnt super bad, at least its better than normal bread

Hi! Coconut flour does seem to have a lot of carbs but a big part of it is fiber so it doesn't count! You need to keep track of net carbs (total carb grams per serving minus the grams of fiber per serving).

TMI:

Spoiler

I tried recipes w coconut flour but either the coconut flavour was too strong or the egg flavour way too strong and it tasted like an omelette :/ I also tried some PB cookies w/ coconut flour yesterday and thank god the PB overpowered the coconut but 1 cookie is TINY so I had 6 the whole day warstarplz.png

edit: btw it took me a while to realize posts are old lol, sorry

#99 lovesojung

lovesojung

sowon protection squad

• PipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts
  • Location⋆ 記憶 ⋆

Posted 15 September 2018 - 08:34 PM

idk why i've never browsed this thread before omg

Up, Up and Away!