106 replies to this topic

#41 Miyeon

Miyeon

ᴛʜᴇ ᴏʀɪɢɪɴᴀʟ ʙᴀᴇ 💕

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,674 posts
  • Locationfar up in taemins ass #sǫᴜᴀᴅsʜɪᴛ .。*∙°♡

Posted 15 March 2016 - 05:45 AM

i was 110 pounds yesterday but today i check the scale again and i was 113 pounds. I legit freaked out and started googling why i was not losing weight despite eating less than 800 cals a day. And ugh i wish i never did because it says bc apparently i was entering starvation mode so i need to eat more calories. so I ate 2 dinner portions rip. Then later realized the reason my weight was higher was because I just started my period rip. kms  :cry:  :cry:

#42 roamingcat

roamingcat

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 04:46 PM (Edited by orangepoppy, 15 March 2016 - 04:48 PM.)

I went from 160 to 128 since January 1st and here's how I did it. Disclaimer: I don't know if everything I did was healthy so I am in no way of trying to convince anyone that is the case. Just sharing my experience.

My day starts around 8am and I eat a pretty big breakfast: plain oatmeal; some sort of egg: usually scrambled egg whites or a boiled egg; half to a whole avocado on a slice of toast; then I usually grab an apple or banana heading out the door. I've tried doing smoothies or juices in the morning. Nope. My stomach hates it, just can't do cold liquids in the morning. The breakfast is pretty fulfilling so I usually don't feel hungry 'til about 12:30/1ish. 

For lunch I eat a huge plate of grilled or steamed veggies + fish or chicken. I used to eat a lot so I knew a small plate of veggie is never going to satisfy my hunger, so instead of saying, eating half bag of Spinach, I eat the entire bag. Some days it's hard to get down because I do get tired of the veggie/protein combination; but my mom helped me make some delicious toppings such as corn & black beans, salsa and cucumbers to add flavor to my protein.

Dinner is usually a medium sized sweet potato and chicken soup or more steamed veggies. 

Throughout the day I drink a lot of water, warm, never iced; and snack on things like almonds, cucumbers and sometimes small pieces of dark chocolate. One of the hardest thing was not being to go out to dinner with my friends as much; instead of I eat at home and meet them afterwards for coffee. However, if I do have to eat out, I stick to healthier options and won't stress about it after.

In terms of exercise, there's a lake near my house and once around is about 0.7 miles, so I walk around 2-3 times everyday. Not even jogging but just walking. 

I do allow myself to indulge sometimes because I feel like I would just binge if I completely cut myself off the good stuff. I still eat stuff like pizza, ramen from time to time, but I just limit the quantity and doesn't have it often. Did I cheat during my diet? Of course, but if I cheated with a doughnut that just means 3 more times around the lake that week. I put my headphone on and it's a walk in the park, literally. hah.

Overall eating healthy has been enjoyable and I don't miss the grease. I can definitely see myself maintaining this new lifestyle going forward.

Thanks for letting me share. 

#43 Miyeon

Miyeon

ᴛʜᴇ ᴏʀɪɢɪɴᴀʟ ʙᴀᴇ 💕

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,674 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 06:35 PM

I went from 160 to 128 since January 1st and here's how I did it. Disclaimer: I don't know if everything I did was healthy so I am in no way of trying to convince anyone that is the case. Just sharing my experience.

My day starts around 8am and I eat a pretty big breakfast: plain oatmeal; some sort of egg: usually scrambled egg whites or a boiled egg; half to a whole avocado on a slice of toast; then I usually grab an apple or banana heading out the door. I've tried doing smoothies or juices in the morning. Nope. My stomach hates it, just can't do cold liquids in the morning. The breakfast is pretty fulfilling so I usually don't feel hungry 'til about 12:30/1ish. 

For lunch I eat a huge plate of grilled or steamed veggies + fish or chicken. I used to eat a lot so I knew a small plate of veggie is never going to satisfy my hunger, so instead of saying, eating half bag of Spinach, I eat the entire bag. Some days it's hard to get down because I do get tired of the veggie/protein combination; but my mom helped me make some delicious toppings such as corn & black beans, salsa and cucumbers to add flavor to my protein.

Dinner is usually a medium sized sweet potato and chicken soup or more steamed veggies. 

Throughout the day I drink a lot of water, warm, never iced; and snack on things like almonds, cucumbers and sometimes small pieces of dark chocolate. One of the hardest thing was not being to go out to dinner with my friends as much; instead of I eat at home and meet them afterwards for coffee. However, if I do have to eat out, I stick to healthier options and won't stress about it after.

In terms of exercise, there's a lake near my house and once around is about 0.7 miles, so I walk around 2-3 times everyday. Not even jogging but just walking. 

I do allow myself to indulge sometimes because I feel like I would just binge if I completely cut myself off the good stuff. I still eat stuff like pizza, ramen from time to time, but I just limit the quantity and doesn't have it often. Did I cheat during my diet? Of course, but if I cheated with a doughnut that just means 3 more times around the lake that week. I put my headphone on and it's a walk in the park, literally. hah.

Overall eating healthy has been enjoyable and I don't miss the grease. I can definitely see myself maintaining this new lifestyle going forward.

wow  :omg:  you must be super happy wow congratulations c:

#44 ♡ Ha Sungwoon ♡

♡ Ha Sungwoon ♡

♕ VIP ♕

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,970 posts
  • LocationRunning and diving off G-Dragon's fivehead

Posted 15 March 2016 - 07:33 PM

So mad because my parents keep forcing me to eat now I'm home  :cry:  Really worried about piling on the pounds.

#45 roamingcat

roamingcat

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 12:06 PM

wow  :omg:  you must be super happy wow congratulations c:

I am! Thanks very much! In fact, while the weight loss has been good but I am actually more happy about living a healthier lifestyle. Now that I eat better, keep active and doesn't sleep late. Everything else has been better too: my skin, hair, and most importantly my mental health.

#46 슬기is뭔들

슬기is뭔들

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts
  • Locationyou're city

Posted 18 March 2016 - 09:21 PM

Weight: 112 Height: 5'4

Goal: 100 pounds

(100 pounds is normal weight in my family ok)

I replaced cereal in the morning with blueberry and soymilk, its so much healthier and literally heaven trust

Also I pack veggies like cucumber, zucchini, grilled red onions, bell pepper for lunch. I either squirt lemon juice and spray some seasoning on them or just dip them in hummus

+ fruits

If I don't pack hummus my lunch is basically 10 calories like

sweet potatoes makes me sooo full i always get hungry at midnight and just one sweet potatoes with a glass of water makes me feel super full ok ok

I'm also taking hydroxycut

and I try to drink lots of water and green tea

Im eating less than 1000calories but I don't feel tired c:

also body goals:

Spoiler

Hmm, even if you don't feel tired, no one should ever take in less than 1200 calories. Please trust me, I study a lot of nutrition and dietetics, and you will harm your body if you keep eating like this. When you don't eat enough calories your body goes into starvation mode and immediately stores all calories you eat in fat reserves. Depending on personal details, you should eat around 1300 calories and workout every day. I would love to give you more information on losing weight, so please PM me whenever if you're interested ^_^

#47 슬기is뭔들

슬기is뭔들

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts
  • Locationyou're city

Posted 19 March 2016 - 12:12 AM

By the way! I'm looking for volunteers for a weight loss experiment~

http://onehallyu.com...ded/?p=13022938

#48 Miyeon

Miyeon

ᴛʜᴇ ᴏʀɪɢɪɴᴀʟ ʙᴀᴇ 💕

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,674 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 09:04 PM

:o

#49 Acey

Acey

Buddy

• PipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts
  • LocationPH

Posted 21 March 2016 - 05:38 AM

Impressive! Thanks for sharing!

#50 Ellla

Ellla

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 06:50 AM

i need to loose some weight , so i am walking  everyday for 20 min . i eat everything but did stop chocolate ( i need to loose 5 kilos )

#51 Acey

Acey

Buddy

• PipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts
  • LocationPH

Posted 21 March 2016 - 07:06 AM

Do you guys follow a certain exercise/diet program?

#52 Infinity

Infinity

Hime

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,281 posts
  • Locationsuqing my own diq somewhere #squadshit

Posted 31 March 2016 - 04:24 AM

This is pretty helpful

http://imgur.com/gallery/2790n

i think i ate too many fruits serving tho lol

#53 nanasemaru

nanasemaru

i am report EVERYONE so you best behavior

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts
  • Locationdragging my own faves

Posted 14 April 2016 - 01:10 PM

dieting is so annoying. ive been sticking to 1200 cals a day but yesterday i ate 2000 so i have to eat only 400 today to balance it out smh

#54 Vanilla Cupcake ❤

Vanilla Cupcake ❤

🐯

• Translator
  • 3,626 posts
  • LocationEating egg tarts and gopchang with Baekho ❤

Posted 14 April 2016 - 01:18 PM

Height: 5'2

Current Weight: 99 lbs

Target: 95 lbs

Although honestly, I'd probably never achieve that target because I'm doing weight lifting right now. Dieting is good, but since I started weight-lifting and judo, my abs, arms, and legs are now more refined. I used to diet and do cardio, and I can never achieved this until I started weight-lifting and martial arts.

Try doing sit-up with balance ball, russian twist, bicep curls, bench press, and leg press. Easier than cardio, and more fun!

#55 latte

latte

(´・` )♡

• PipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 04:25 PM

i'm too lazy to even diet... i'm so unhappy with the way i look but i can't bring myself to treat my body better and binge eat :<

#56 toshi

toshi

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,812 posts
  • LocationLiverpool, UK

Posted 19 April 2016 - 08:11 PM

:o

Is this actually safe! The comments are great on the video though, but I can't imagine that actually being healthy.

#57 93_L

93_L

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationKpop fangirl world

Posted 27 April 2016 - 09:22 AM

So far I'm avoiding most junk food, drinking around 1.5L of water daily and speed walk in the weekends. I know it isn't much but I like the fact that my body feels healthier. As for weight, I want to drop another 3-5 kg but it's not easy since gym is not an option for me here

#58 Gloupipoo

Gloupipoo

Global Superstar

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,309 posts
  • Locationwat

Posted 29 April 2016 - 06:13 PM

Started eating whole grains and increased fruits/veg + cardio

Prays this'll work

#59 Miyeon

Miyeon

ᴛʜᴇ ᴏʀɪɢɪɴᴀʟ ʙᴀᴇ 💕

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,674 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 06:27 PM (Edited by Miyeon, 29 April 2016 - 06:27 PM.)

Is this actually safe! The comments are great on the video though, but I can't imagine that actually being healthy.

it may not be the healthiest diet but i think its safe. i mean oatmeals, apples, cucumbers and boiled eggs are all good for you so. and the ppl in the comment didn't complain about hunger either, they only said they couldn't handle so much eggs. but i love eggs so c:

i havent tried it tho. i just eat oatmeal as breakfast/lunch everyday and have 2 eggs like every other day. I have to eat a normal meal at dinner with my family so i can't really stick to any strict diets :c

#60 Gloupipoo

Gloupipoo

Global Superstar

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,309 posts
  • Locationwat

Posted 10 May 2016 - 09:37 PM

So turns out it's working!!! Even if I inflating like a goddamn balloon on corticosteroids, I managed to lose some weight (meaning when I stop the meds, I'll deflate super fast)!!!

Up, Up and Away!