OneHallyu

Muslim OH! Members Thread

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

السَّلاَم٠عَلَيْكÙمْ وَرَحْمَة٠الله٠وَبَرَكَاتÙÙ‡Ù Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh May the peace, mercy, and blessings of Allah be with yo

"All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over black nor does a black have any su

We're open to anyone, everyone has low iman sometimes <33     Thank you!   took me like over 45 mins -.-   Some Islamic Art/Architecture                 Rainbow Qur'an

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's too strict, everything in the Quran was relevant to how things used to be, things have changed so much yet the Quran remains the same. Also, Women's rights is a huge problem for me, I've been told that they can't move to a different country without a Male relative another thing is that the Quran constantly insults other religions and the death sentences and such things still apply till this day when clearly there are other ways of punishing people, it teaches that killing is wrong but people get killed for killing which is dumb logic. 

I have a lot of issues with what's in the Qu'ran, too and I do not agree with Sharia law. I'm pretty much the same as you.

Ohmygod, I've been told that if I listen to Music that hot Iron rods will be put in my ear until it's out the other ear. I mean I could probably deal with Islam if it upgraded itself.

I get where you're coming from. I hope Allah makes it easy for you.

I had similar thoughts before but when my mother passed away three years ago when I was 15, may Allah grant her Jannah (heaven) I changed spiritually. My way of thinking completely changed I guess. Her death really woke me up. Life is short. And no, I don't believe in YOLO.

I'd like to say: there's a common misconception that Saudi Arabia follow Sharia Law, and as a Saudi girl MYSELF, I'll say that is bull. They distort completely to their own benefits.

"All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a

non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over black nor

does a black have any superiority over white except by piety and good action. Learn that

every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one

brotherhood."

Prophet Muhammed is truly the best and greatest example! He is very inspiring and I love reading quotes from him. Such a kind hearted man.

Help me be inspired~ I feel like I'm going to burn in hell when my relatives talk to me abt being a Muslim... "In Saudi they do this, so they go to heaven."

Username: jonaima

Nationality/Ethnicity: Filipino

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's too strict, everything in the Quran was relevant to how things used to be, things have changed so much yet the Quran remains the same. Also, Women's rights is a huge problem for me, I've been told that they can't move to a different country without a Male relative another thing is that the Quran constantly insults other religions and the death sentences and such things still apply till this day when clearly there are other ways of punishing people, it teaches that killing is wrong but people get killed for killing which is dumb logic. 

-That is not true :) Quran is the complete guidance for the life in this world. It doesn't has an expiration date and is suitable to be used in all generations.

-About women's rights.. Islam really takes a great care of our women because we really value our women. 

I never heard about the "women can't move to a different country without a Male relative" rule (except when performing hajj and umrah)  but yeah, it is advisable to travel with a male relative. This is because it is dangerous for a weak women to travel by herself. She could be rape, kidnapped, etc. So it is better to bring a male along, so that he could protect her from the harms. 

- The "insults" are more like a warning for the muslims. A lot of things had happened to those religions that had been "insulted" in Quran. So their story is set as an example so that the other muslims won't commit the same mistakes. Because mostly, those things that happened in the past were due to their ignorance.

- For the death sentence, there are certain rules will be applied before the punishment is made. There will be a court. The killer, will be treated as not guilty until the final say is stated. A defender will defend the killer and give reasons, why he should not be killed as a punishment for the sin that he commit which was killing. If there are no strong reasons as to why the killer shouldn't be killed for the sin he had done, only then he will receive the death sentence.

The punishment is heavy, yes. But if only light punishment is given, people won't hesitate to commit crimes. However, Islam is not cruel, in fact it is fair and pure. Islam won't punish a person just like that. Everything is actually done in a proper way... :)

And every rules and commands from Allah, have the relevant reasons because our creator knows what we doesn't :)

Sorry for the horrible english ^^"" I'm kind of sleepy right now.

If there are any wrong facts that had been stated by me, please correct it. I'm just a human and I'm not perfect. :))

• Like 5

the OP is so beautiful <3

Username: Hyuksang

Name: Houssam

Nationality/Ethnicity: Moroccan

the OP is so beautiful <3

Username: Hyuksang

Name: Houssam

Nationality/Ethnicity: Moroccan

Omg I never thought you are muslim too

Good to know

Bumped into you several time in Forum Games . Didn't expect that both of you are muslims as well ^^

• Like 1

I saw my post from more than a year ago but until now I still haven't done anything to clear my doubts. I still don't know what I'm looking for. Sigh.

Cheesy post ahead, also potentially offensive. I apologize in advance if you in any way are feeling hurt with what I said but I'm in no way meaning to hurt anyone.

First of all, if you didn't know, I was born in a Muslim family.

Honestly, I think I'm just too scared of being in too deeply because to me, if I want to do something, I have to be 100% committed to it.

In my head, I can only think of the cons. I can only think that devoting myself to Islam means I have to leave Kpop, have to stop listening to music, have to dress in a certain way, have to avoid looking at my male friends for too long, have to not touch them, and to me, those thoughts alone are pressuring me. I heard too many "you're too blinded by the world" from my mom and that's even more pressuring. I can't seem to open my heart to learn about this religion again because of the reasons above.

I also want to learn about other religions, but if I choose another in the end, it's probably like asking to be disowned, and I really don't want that to happen.

I'm just totally lost, tbh. I don't even know why I post these. To let it off my chest I guess.

I saw my post from more than a year ago but until now I still haven't done anything to clear my doubts. I still don't know what I'm looking for. Sigh.

Cheesy post ahead, also potentially offensive. I apologize in advance if you in any way are feeling hurt with what I said but I'm in no way meaning to hurt anyone.

Honestly, I think I'm just too scared of being in too deeply because to me, if I want to do something, I have to be 100% committed to it.

In my head, I can only think of the cons. I can only think that devoting myself to Islam means I have to leave Kpop, have to stop listening to music, have to dress in a certain way, have to avoid looking at my male friends for too long, have to not touch them, and to me, those thoughts alone are pressuring me. I heard too many "you're too blinded by the world" from my mom and that's even more pressuring. I can't seem to open my heart to learn about this religion again because of the reasons above.

I also want to learn about other religions, but if I choose another in the end, it's probably like asking to be disowned, and I really don't want that to happen.

I'm just totally lost, tbh. I don't even know why I post these. To let it off my chest I guess.

You literally put  everything i feel about Islam in to your post and its so nice to know i'm not alone. I was raised in a Islamic household too /read Quran/had to attend mosque ( until i got kicked out :lol:) and i never questioned any of it until like two years ago when i was 16. Load of shiit happened and i lost faith- just like you its hard for me to open my heart up to God again, I know people say we should live for the here after but i wanna be happy in this life tooo and everything that makes me happy seems to come in to conflict with the religion.

Edited by kiwiihanbiin

You literally put  everything i feel about Islam in to your post and its so nice to know i'm not alone. I was raised in a Islamic household too /read Quran/had to attend mosque ( until i got kicked out :lol:) and i never questioned any of it until like two years ago when i was 16. Load of shiit happened and i lost faith- just like you its hard for me to open my heart up to God again, I know people say we should live for the here after but i wanna be happy in this life tooo and everything that makes me happy seems to come in to conflict with the religion.

I dont think its wrong to question your faith . As the prophet said : seeking knowledge ( Elm ) is one of the basics principle of the quran . Loosing faith is something that a lot of muslims have underwent , its not a feeling only you guys have felt . Its ok to doubt religion . But i would suggest to both of you guys to start from the basics of Islam and to learn to love it for yourself . Again remember , Allah said that every action would be judged with the right intention . If you guys are doubting your faith , start learning it for yourselves . Dont pray if your doing it only for your parents or dont wear the hijab because of peer pressure . Learn to love all these things on your own , learn to love Muhammad PBUH , learn about his characteristics , learn why we consider him to be a role model , on your own . Ask question to the sheiks or scholars around you if not research it online ( make sure its a reliable source ) . Opening your heart to God is a hard process , but remember this verse : 

â€And when My servants ask you, [O Muhammad], concerning Me – indeed I am near. I respond to the invocation of the supplicant when he calls upon Me. So let them respond to Me [by obedience] and believe in Me that they may be [rightly] guidedâ€(2:186).

Remember ALLAH loves you and he is merciful . Sinning is a trait of a human being but to repent is what God loves most . Make sincere duas that Allah guides you guys . Sincerely pray to him . Open your heart slowly to God and remember that he is always there , watching  you . He knows our weaknesses and our struggle . Faith is a beautiful thing my sisters . And please dont thing about the cons , think about the beauty of Islam : think about the charities that the prophet PBUH , think about the fact that he was a smiley person , that he smiled all the time and was a happy man despite having so many enemies , think about how he loved his wives , how humble of a person he was . Think about the good because wallah there is many of them despite what people say . I hope you guys would watch the video i linked its only 1 minute : 

You also said that everything that makes you happy is a sin . Can you tell me , if u dont mind what kind of things makes you happy ? Dont worry , im not here to judge , i also have my struggles  :)

Edited by Minnie Muse
  • Like 5
  • Dislike 1

Aslamaou caleiykoum everyone , im also muslim . Add me to the op  :)  I honestly and sincerely hope that this place becomes our small home like our little secret refuge . We are all brothers and sisters after all . Lets keep each other safe by answering each others question , lets share beautiful islamic quotes or reminder , lets remind ourselves and the others that we exist and that we are capable of love , we are more then what the media describes us as  . Since we come from different cultures , lets share cultural-religious stuff , like what we wear on weddings , the henna styles , the food we bake on ramadan , the hours we break our fast ... And please lets stay away from politics , the outcome is never good  :) Lets talk about our favorite sheiks , what islamic video's we follow . Lets share some small anecdotes , jokes or muslim memes ( thrust me they are really funny ) . The prophet Muhammad used to play race game with his companions , he use to tease Aisha , so yeah lets lighten up people  :lol:

Oh yeah and my name is Ileys . I'm Somali/Ethiopan/Canadian . Nice to meet you all !

• Like 3

I think there is 2 separate issues here: your personal journey and your family.

I'm a liberal muslim and was raised by my parents liberal too so my situation is probably different.

I don't see why you would have to quit kpop, there is a lot of muslim who likes kpop and particulary kdrama because it's more chaste than western series tv.

Btw I'm belgian, please think of Belgium and the whole word in your prayers

• love changed the title to Muslim OH! Members Thread