#41 المروة

المروة

Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,142 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:23 AM

Girl if you are really Muslim then you gotta learn from right sourses.

The Quran is the most accurate source that there is. 

#42 DeletedAccount01

DeletedAccount01

-

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,812 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:24 AM

Not a musilim but I have a question. I heard that in the past, muslims had to pray five times a day (early morning, late morning, afternoon, evening, before bed) and I'm wondering if 1.) that was true and 2.) if true, does anyone still do that.

Welcome ^^

Yes it is compulsory to pray five times a day. There's 1.6 billions Muslims, millions of Muslims still do pray five times a day like myself. Some just pray on Fridays (the holy day), some pray only in Ramadan (the month of fasting) and some don't pray at all. That's their own struggle.

But you'll never hear a Muslim that will say praying 5 times a day is NOT compulsory.

#43 LoveYouRight.EXO

LoveYouRight.EXO

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts
  • LocationEXO dorm

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:25 AM

i wouldn't quite place the blame on wahabism. mainstream sunni islam has a very negative view of bid'ah/innovation. in their eyes the laws set out in the quran and sunnah are timeless. unfortunately those that have more progressive reformist views are usually labelled heretics.

/also have a muslim background

OMG are you Shia? if you are then you are not a real muslim coz that's not how Muslim supposed to be, Sunni are real Muslim.. educate yourseld Miss ignorant

#44 ezzie96

ezzie96

Idol

• PipPip
  • 457 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:27 AM

Asalamu alaikum warahmatullah! 

Jazakallah khayran for making this thread! it looks really well done :) Dua...u have a beautiful name!

#45 His Majesty Robosexual

His Majesty Robosexual

Sexual Deviant

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:29 AM

Welcome ^^

Yes it is compulsory to pray five times a day. There's 1.6 billions Muslims, millions of Muslims still do pray five times a day like myself. Some just pray on Fridays (the holy day), some pray only in Ramadan (the month of fasting) and some don't pray at all. That's their own struggle.

But you'll never hear a Muslim that will say praying 5 times a day is NOT compulsory.

I see.

Nice thread btw.

#46 TiramiQ

TiramiQ

Legend

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,890 posts
  • Locationtunisia

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:29 AM (Edited by ♔♡♥Aicha♥♡♔, 02 November 2013 - 10:34 AM.)

Not a musilim but I have a question. I heard that in the past, muslims had to pray five times a day (early morning, late morning, afternoon, evening, before bed) and I'm wondering if 1.) that was true and 2.) if true, does anyone still do that.

yes that's true ecxept for the "in the past" part lol. because it is still like that until now and i will forever be like that. it is one of the 5 pillars of Islam and each prayer takes a few minutes so it is not as hard as some who dont know it might think.

it has special rules for special situations. like for example when you are at work or at school and can't do it in its designated time, you can delay it until you go back home and you can even group some of them together (the ones you missed). also women do not pray during their period and sick people or those handicaped or who have back problems and can't stand for too long can do the prayer while sitting.

there is a certain washing up steps that you must do before each prayer but you also are exempt from those if you, for example, have a wound and should not touch the water at that time. then you can do some other special steps using a clean stone/sand for example

#47 DeletedAccount01

DeletedAccount01

-

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,812 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:29 AM

OMG are you Shia? if you are then you are not a real muslim coz that's not how Muslim supposed to be, Sunni are real Muslim.. educate yourseld Miss ignorant

I don't think you read the first post. I said PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL. Don't insult others.

We have our own sects, I'm also Sunni but please, please do not bring the division here.

If anyone else tries to kick off the thread with Sunni/Shia debate to stir shit up etc I'll bring the mods here.

#48 His Majesty Robosexual

His Majesty Robosexual

Sexual Deviant

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:31 AM

yes that's true ecxept for the "in the past" part lol. because it is still like that until now and i will forever be like that. it is one of the 5 pillars of Islam and each prayer takes a few minutes so it is not as hard as some who dont know it might think.

it has special rules for special situations. like for example when you are at work or at school and can't do it in its designated time, you can delay it until you go back home and you can even group some of them together (the ones you missed). also women do not pray during their period and sick people or those handicaped or who have back problems and can't stand for too long can do the prayer while sitting.

there is a certain washing up steps that you must do before each prayer but you also exempt from those if you, for example, have a wound and should touch the water at that time. then you can do some other special steps using a clean stone/sand for example

Oh! That's good to know.

#49 LoveYouRight.EXO

LoveYouRight.EXO

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts
  • LocationEXO dorm

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:32 AM

I don't think you read the first post. I said PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL. Don't insult others.

We have our own sects, I'm also Sunni but please, please do not bring the division here.

If anyone else tries to kick off the thread with Sunni/Shia debate to stir shit up etc I'll bring the mods here.

I'm really sorry.

#50 TiramiQ

TiramiQ

Legend

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,890 posts
  • Locationtunisia

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:32 AM

well, some of their views are definitely wrong (like their stance from Omar ibn al Khattab and Abu Bacr Assiddik) but that doesnt mean they are not real muslim and that only Sunni are. it is that kind of thinking that leads to onflicts, violence and even internal wars/

tolerance is one of the most beautiful things about islam, try to learn from it.

#51 DeletedAccount01

DeletedAccount01

-

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,812 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:34 AM

Asalamu alaikum warahmatullah! 

Jazakallah khayran for making this thread! it looks really well done :) Dua...u have a beautiful name!

:hoplz:  jazakallah khayr, my older sister named me

#52 LoveYouRight.EXO

LoveYouRight.EXO

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts
  • LocationEXO dorm

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:35 AM

The Quran is the most accurate source that there is. 

You are right, but you've just said "I've been told that they can't move to a different country.........". i mean don't listen to people who talk negatively about Islam.

#53 LoveYouRight.EXO

LoveYouRight.EXO

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts
  • LocationEXO dorm

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:37 AM

well, some of their views are definitely wrong (like their stance from Omar ibn al Khattab and Abu Bacr Assiddik) but that doesnt mean they are not real muslim and that only Sunni are. it is that kind of thinking that leads to onflicts, violence and even internal wars/

tolerance is one of the most beautiful things about islam, try to learn from it.

well said sister.

#54 akisame

akisame

Vicious.

• Hall OH Fame
  • 7,587 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:37 AM

You should learn to be tolerant.

#55 Mischo

Mischo

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:38 AM

MashaAllah. May Allah grant you steadfast iman and may He pleased with you. Ameen.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/513f2c3cf01f9...

http://24.media.tumblr.com/504270e502ece...

http://24.media.tumblr.com/630a35351695a...

Thank you :) And you too inshallah!

Quotes Woman:

“The rights of women are sacred. See that women are
maintained in the rights assigned to them.”
"
"God enjoins you to treat women well, for they are your mothers, daughters, aunts.”

“Shall I not point out to you the best of virtues It is your doing good to your daughter when she is returned to you having been divorced by
her husband.”

“Whoever doeth good to girls, it will be a curtain to him from hell-fire.”

“Women are the twin halves of men.”

“A Muslim must not hate his wife and if he be displeased with one bad quality in her, then let him be pleased with another that is good.”

“Admonish your wives with kindness.”

"The best among you is the one who is the best towards his wife "

"Paradise lies at the feet of your mothers. "

Prophet Muhammed (SAW)

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Apostle as saying: He who
believes in Allah and the Hereafter, if he witnesses any matter he should talk in good
terms about it or keep quiet. Act kindly towards woman, for woman is created from a rib,
and the most crooked part of the rib is its top. If you attempt to straighten it, you will
break it, and if you leave it, its crookedness will remain there. So act kindly towards
women."

"O you who believe! You are forbidden to inherit women against their will, and you
should not treat them with harshness, that you may take away part of the Mahr you
have given them, unless they commit open illegal sexual intercourse. And live with
them honourably. If you dislike them, it may be that you dislike a thing and Allah
brings through it a great deal of good."

- Surar Al Nisa

#56 المروة

المروة

Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,142 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:40 AM

You are right, but you've just said "I've been told that they can't move to a different country.........". i mean don't listen to people who talk negatively about Islam.

They weren't talking negatively, just letting me know and they're Muslims themselves. 

#57 DeletedAccount01

DeletedAccount01

-

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,812 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:48 AM (Edited by Qui, 02 November 2013 - 10:49 AM.)

@Vero Moda - <33333333 love all the quotes.

You know one of the best times to do dua is when it rains. Many people seem to forget or aren't aware but it is.

We should also never complain about the rain, many people in drier countries treat water as higher importance than us. ):

This is gonna be my future wedding song :ahmagah:
 (never mind that Arab freshy guy who uploaded the video lol)

#58 twinky☆

twinky☆

F A N T A S Y

• Head Moderator
  • 25,675 posts
  • Locationin the state of missing you

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:58 AM (Edited by twinkystar, 02 November 2013 - 10:59 AM.)

lovely thread :chu:

i'm a muslim as well. i have long name (3 words) but people usually only call me Farah

Farah means happiness/cheerful i think in Arabic

#59 DeletedAccount01

DeletedAccount01

-

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,812 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:03 AM (Edited by Qui, 02 November 2013 - 11:03 AM.)

lovely thread :chu:

i'm a muslim as well. i have long name (3 words) but people usually call me Farah

Farah means happiness/cheerful i think in Arabic

Assalamu alaykum Farah! Your name is beautiful mashaAllah. My sister is called Afrah (which is another way to say happiness in Arabic)

Farah - Happy

Afrah - Happiness

Everyone butchers my name tbh. But yours is really easy to pronounce ^^

You're also a Sone, *hi5* sister!

#60 Psy

Psy

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:06 AM (Edited by Psy, 02 November 2013 - 11:13 AM.)

That's a shame but why are you only focusing on Wahhabism? (I dislike it too) Just read on Islam in general. Muslims =/= Islam.

I would like to live in the Arab World, hence why I take religion and religious people into consideration.

Umm, I've never heard of this and I've read the Qur'an several times. Can you give a reference? I think it's best to give reference before stating something :/ like you did in your first paragraph.

I remember reading an article about it because the newborn Earth-like planet in a separate universe was a huge breakthrough in the science field back in April this year. I don't know why, but I've always liked the idea that there is a multi-universe, which I am not certain if it exists in the Qur'an despite it telling of the universal expansion, but am certain does state that Allah created planets like Earth. I cannot read Arabic well, hence why I struggle so much with the Qur'an.

EDIT:
Spoiler

Up, Up and Away!