muslim islam religion

853 replies to this topic

#21 DeletedAccount01

DeletedAccount01

-

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,812 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:46 AM

The Saudi Royal Family are evil, I hope you don't mind me saying that.

No I don't mind. I'm not a royal am I? :lol:

#22 XUANYI

XUANYI

シノ♥

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,690 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:46 AM

Username: Sxnho

Name:  Muhammad Irfan

Nationality/Ethnicity: Malaysian

Assalamualaikum! Alhamdullilah and may Allah bless this topic!

#23 المروة

المروة

Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,142 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:47 AM

My Mum had the shock of her life and she just walked away.

Do your parents know that you're not a Muslim anymore? 

#24 DeletedAccount01

DeletedAccount01

-

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,812 posts

"All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a
non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over black nor
does a black have any superiority over white except by piety and good action. Learn that
every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one
brotherhood."

Prophet Muhammed is truly the best and greatest example! He is very inspiring and I love reading quotes from him. Such a kind hearted man.

My favourite being before my mother, my father, my siblings. ♥♥

#25 BetweenYourThighs

BetweenYourThighs

These Hoes Ain't Loyal

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,664 posts

This thread looks great. - non muslim

#26 akisame

akisame

Vicious.

• Hall OH Fame
  • 7,587 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:51 AM

i wouldn't quite place the blame on wahabism. mainstream sunni islam has a very negative view of bid'ah/innovation. in their eyes the laws set out in the quran and sunnah are timeless. unfortunately those that have more progressive reformist views are usually labelled heretics.

/also have a muslim background

That's actually a good point, I just don't have much experience with mainstream Sunnis because my Mother's side are originally Wahabis, but if you look at them you wouldn't think it because they're very liberal in their dress. A lot of Sufis are called Kafirs because they're quite progressive.

No I don't mind. I'm not a royal am I? :lol:

A lot of people get offended for them, that's why OTL.

Do your parents know that you're not a Muslim anymore? 

I'm sort of sitting on the fence of Islam, but my Mum doesn't want to associate herself with the religion anymore. I don't care what my Dad thinks because he's an awful Father and doesn't live with me anyway, he wants me to cover my hair, but that's never going to happen.

#27 المروة

المروة

Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,142 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:55 AM

I'm sort of sitting on the fence of Islam, but my Mum doesn't want to associate herself with the religion anymore. I don't care what my Dad thinks because he's an awful Father and doesn't live with me anyway, he wants me to cover my hair, but that's never going to happen.

Same here but both my parents are really religious, my whole family is for that matter. So they'd probably chase me out the house if I ever told them. I have to cover my hair and wear an Abaya which tbh I'm cool with bc I look better with them on. 

#28 akisame

akisame

Vicious.

• Hall OH Fame
  • 7,587 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:58 AM

Same here but both my parents are really religious, my whole family is for that matter. So they'd probably chase me out the house if I ever told them. I have to cover my hair and wear an Abaya which tbh I'm cool with bc I look better with them on. 

My Mum's side of the family are pretty religious in their views and actions, but the women don't cover their hair. However, my Dad is that type of man who wants his daughters to marry Arabs because they're superior (even though he married a Pakistani rofl), but will do many sinful things.

#29 DeletedAccount01

DeletedAccount01

-

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,812 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:58 AM

I respect the way you all think & believe.

So to tell you the truth, I don't like bidah/innovation and I try my best to follow the Quran & Hadiths (Sunnah). I wore hijab/headscarf on my own (before my older sisters actually - now they all wear it) and my parents never forced us alhamdulillah. And yes Saudi's aren't all backwards or evil.

You can love or hate me but that's what I am and believe.

But anyway, guys post some of your fave Islamic quotes! Or pics in general.

#30 akisame

akisame

Vicious.

• Hall OH Fame
  • 7,587 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:00 AM

So to tell you the truth, I don't like bidah/innovation and I try my best to follow the Quran & Hadiths (Sunnah). I wore hijab/headscarf on my own (before my older sisters actually - now they all wear it) and my parents never forced us alhamdulillah. And yes Saudi's aren't all backwards or evil.

I don't hate anybody for their beliefs :) and I respect you for being able to share your views, too.

#31 Psy

Psy

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:01 AM (Edited by Psy, 02 November 2013 - 10:09 AM.)

I loathe Wahhabism as well as the suffocating cultural backing of it to the point that I simply cannot see myself being a Muslim. As much as it is a beautiful religion, I do not see those extreme mindsets appreciative nor respectful to the fact that religion is a personal experience that is not designed to be dictated nor oppressive. Wahhabism has even managed to make the Muslim-majority Middle East a vulnerable toy to play about with in the hands of Western Imperialism. It is destructive, and should be eradicated.

I would recommend reading "The Lies They Tell About Islam" and "The Reality and Future of Islamic Feminism".

As for the Qur'an being out-dated, didn't it state that there is another universe that is a duplicate of ours and has it's own Earth? I remember reading about that somewhere, but have not given the Qur'an a proper read. It's too long. I vaguely recall reading a verse about the expansion of the universe though. When it comes to science, the Qur'an is not out-dated. Muslims knew that the World is round during a time when majority of the World believed it was flat.

#32 المروة

المروة

Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,142 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:01 AM

Whoops, sorry if you feel offended!

#33 Mischo

Mischo

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,457 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:06 AM

My favourite being before my mother, my father, my siblings. ♥♥

Me too. Honestly, if it wasn't for Prophet I would've stronger doubt about my religion.

- I'm 19 years old and when I first entered puberty I encountered many of the problems with my religion and my lifestyle. Like many others at my age, I wanted to try many experiment things that my religion didn't allow so I was always conflicting. My mum is a very strict religous one and we always argued. I did all of those "experiment" things and I doubted a lot on my religion. It wasn't until then I began studying, reading and educating myself on Islam. It's been kind of slow, but I'm doing my best. I've completely given up on alcohol and boyfriends and I fasted the Ramadaen og for the first time I read the Quran entirely. I'm proud of myself haha. I've just come to realize that this life is nothing but a short life. This life doesn't matter imo. Alhamdulillah

The world is a prison for the believer and a paradise for the unbeliever. ”
- Prophet Muhammed (SAW)

Anyways, I think before leaving the Islam you should atleast study. At least knowing what you're leaving behind.

#34 المروة

المروة

Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,142 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:07 AM

Since I still consider myself somewhat a troubled Muslim, here are some pics.

tumblr_mvljhsMCwi1sv81mfo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mvjxq59xFK1sl8udxo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mvibv27b511rh20rpo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mvilo79Snf1qby7vio1_500.jpg

tumblr_mvjdokOBdY1sark0xo1_400.gif

#35 DeletedAccount01

DeletedAccount01

-

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,812 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:09 AM

I don't hate anybody for their beliefs :) and I respect you for being able to share your views, too.

Whoops, sorry if you feel offended!

I didn't feel offended, I wanted to get that across >.<

I loathe Wahhabism as well as the suffocating cultural backing of it to the point that I simply cannot see myself being a Muslim. As much as it is a beautiful religion, I do not see those extreme mindsets appreciation nor respectful to the fact that religion is a personal experience that is not designed to be dictated nor oppressive. Wahhabism has even managed to make the Muslim-majority Middle East a vulnerable toy to play about with in the hands of Western Imperialism. It is destructive, and should be eradicated.

I would recommend reading it is "The Lies They Tell About Islam" and "The Reality and Future of Islamic Feminism".

As for the Qur'an being out-dated, didn't it state that there is another universe that is a duplicate of ours and has it's own Earth? I remember reading about that somewhere, but have not given the Qur'an a proper read. It's too long. I vaguely recall reading a verse about the expansion of the universe though. When it comes to science, the Qur'an is not out-dated. Muslims knew that the World is round during a time when majority of the World believed it was flat.

That's a shame but why are you only focusing on Wahhabism? (I dislike it too) Just read on Islam in general. Muslims =/= Islam.

Umm, I've never heard of this and I've read the Qur'an several times. Can you give a reference? I think it's best to give reference before stating something :/ like you did in your first paragraph.

Yes, the Qur'an does talk about the expansion of the Universe (and about the significance of water to the human life)

#36 TiramiQ

TiramiQ

Legend

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,890 posts
  • Locationtunisia

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:10 AM

It's too strict, everything in the Quran was relevant to how things used to be, things have changed so much yet the Quran remains the same. Also, Women's rights is a huge problem for me, I've been told that they can't move to a different country without a Male relative another thing is that the Quran constantly insults other religions and the death sentences and such things still apply till this day when clearly there are other ways of punishing people, it teaches that killing is wrong but people get killed for killing which is dumb logic. 

one of the best things about Quran is that it, indeed, is timeless. it can be upgraded cia "ijtihad" but also there where the problem lies, with the wrong way people do their ijtihad and make it reflect badly on islam and quran. for the "woman can't travel w/o a man" thingy, that's one of the faces of "Ijtihad". some scholars did they ijtihad and announced that women can leave the country w/o a man and some didnt because like i said before it is a matter of how people do their ijtihad sine Quran opened the door for people to upgrade it in order for it to fit their current life and it is up to them to use it wisely or not.

and i'd like if you bring a proof that Quran insults other "religions" because that's not true.

I've been told that for every hair a Christian man sees on my head I'll get six snakes in my grave because I refuse to wear the hijab. Unlike other Abrahamic religions, Islam is still pretty primitive and has not progressed, this is mainly due to the introduction of Wahabism.

Ohmygod, I've been told that if I listen to Music that hot Iron rods will be put in my ear until it's out the other ear. I mean I could probably deal with Islam if it upgraded itself.

that's made up bullshit that people spew under the name of islam lol. that has no base in neither Quran or Sunna. i think your problem lies with your islamic mentor/who ever is teaching you islam and not with Quran itself because these things you are talking about have nothing to do with Quran or Sunna and where never mentioned. 

btw, Muhammed chose Bilal to be the first one to do the Athan because he has a nice voice and he liked it, so...

#37 DeletedAccount01

DeletedAccount01

-

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,812 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:15 AM

Me too. Honestly, if it wasn't for Prophet I would've stronger doubt about my religion.

- I'm 19 years old and when I first entered puberty I encountered many of the problems with my religion and my lifestyle. Like many others at my age, I wanted to try many experiment things that my religion didn't allow so I was always conflicting. My mum is a very strict religous one and we always argued. I did all of those "experiment" things and I doubted a lot on my religion. It wasn't until then I began studying, reading and educating myself on Islam. It's been kind of slow, but I'm doing my best. I've completely given up on alcohol and boyfriends and I fasted the Ramadaen og for the first time I read the Quran entirely. I'm proud of myself haha. I've just come to realize that this life is nothing but a short life. This life doesn't matter imo. Alhamdulillah

The world is a prison for the believer and a paradise for the unbeliever. ”
- Prophet Muhammed (SAW)

Anyways, I think before leaving the Islam you should atleast study. At least knowing what you're leaving behind.

MashaAllah. May Allah grant you steadfast iman and may He pleased with you. Ameen.

tumblr_mvairrHcFa1snd2hoo8_500.jpg

tumblr_mvairrHcFa1snd2hoo9_1280.jpg

tumblr_msoc7vfjxm1snd2hoo9_500.jpg

#38 His Majesty Robosexual

His Majesty Robosexual

Sexual Deviant

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:20 AM

Not a musilim but I have a question. I heard that in the past, muslims had to pray five times a day (early morning, late morning, afternoon, evening, before bed) and I'm wondering if 1.) that was true and 2.) if true, does anyone still do that.

#39 TiramiQ

TiramiQ

Legend

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,890 posts
  • Locationtunisia

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:21 AM

btw i am Aicha and i am from Tunisia

at first i thought this thread was a place for muslim posters here to meet each other, hang out and stuff and i hope it will remains just like that. i think turning it a bit too religious wouldnt be comfortable for everyone. 

#40 LoveYouRight.EXO

LoveYouRight.EXO

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts
  • LocationEXO dorm

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:22 AM

It's too strict, everything in the Quran was relevant to how things used to be, things have changed so much yet the Quran remains the same. Also, Women's rights is a huge problem for me, I've been told that they can't move to a different country without a Male relative another thing is that the Quran constantly insults other religions and the death sentences and such things still apply till this day when clearly there are other ways of punishing people, it teaches that killing is wrong but people get killed for killing which is dumb logic. 

Girl if you are really Muslim then you gotta learn from right sourses.

Up, Up and Away!