Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Kiwii

☪ Muslim OH! Members Thread

Salaam everyone. Nice to see so many Muslims on the forum~

Username: aquaisra

Name: Fatima

Nationality/Ethnicity: I'm Pakistani Canadian

I wish we could show such solidarity in my little community, we fight even over what day Ramadan starts lol

• Like 2

ah it seems i have to introduce myself first

Username: hilmanelric

Name: hilman

Nationality/Ethnicity: Indonesian / Indonesian (Minangkabau)

• Like 1

It needs serious progression and Wahabism needs to go back to where it came from. There are plenty of moden Muslims, but even then, their logic is flawed. The other day, a Muslim man told us that Vegetarians aren't human (we're vegetarian).

Not muslim, but a vegetarian. LOL

Here cause I'm interested in almost all religions. 

• Like 1

I also come from a Muslim Background, my name is Imane. This thread seems interesting :smile:

Name: Imane

Nationality/Ethinicity: Moroccan

Sign me up ^-^

Edited by SwayingSpirit
  • Like 1

Assalamualaikum everyone. i'm amirah. a 19 years old malaysian girl. i'm wearing hijab since i was young.

btw i just wanna point out something.  Its not a must for muslim women to wear hijab, but it is a must for us to cover our aurah. -_-

Muslim women are special. Because we are gifts from Allah. Dont you wrap your gift? So dont be shame if people said 'what are you wearing

on your head?' or 'are you wearing a tent?'. be proud because we are protecting muslimah's dignity   :)
  • Like 2
  • Dislike 1

Assalamualaikum everyone. i'm amirah. a 19 years old malaysian girl. i'm wearing hijab since i was young.
btw i just wanna point out something.  Its not a must for muslim women to wear hijab, but it is a must for us to cover our aurah. -_-
Muslim women are special. Because we are gifts from Allah. Dont you wrap your gift? So dont be shame if people said 'what are you wearing
on your head?' or 'are you wearing a tent?'. be proud because we are protecting muslimah's dignity   :)

i dont like that, it makes muslims seem elite, were not better people just cuz we're muslims 

• Like 5

Why am I getting negged for that, I didn't say anything offensive 

How am I to know? I didn't downvote you. Look, I'll give you +1 right now, see?

oops, :| I can't +1 for some reason....

Just incase you think I'm lying, I haven't voted you down or up ^^

capture-20131103-211254_zps1e813886.png

Edited by Qui

How am I to know? I didn't downvote you. Look, I'll give you +1 right now, see?

oops, :| I can't +1 for some reason....

Just incase you think I'm lying, I haven't voted you down or up ^^

capture-20131103-211254_zps1e813886.png

eh I don't care, i was just wondering.

Happy Islamic New Year fellow Muslims  :smile: May you spend this day well with your families and look forward to this wonderful new year  :smile:

Hi! You're also from a Muslim country/Muslim? Welcome :smile:

Yes :D I was born in Bangladesh :D

Username: xchocolatepandax

Name: Just call me Panda or Macchi.  Don't really use my real name on sites.

Nationality/Ethnicity: African

Happy Islamic New Year fellow Muslims  :smile: May you spend this day well with your families and look forward to this wonderful new year  :smile:

Thank you, that's so sweet of you ^^ I added you to the members list if you don't mind~

Hello! I am Maisha :D

Salam Maisha! I'm glad you introduced yourself, welcome! :chu:

Username: xchocolatepandax

Name: Just call me Panda or Macchi.  Don't really use my real name on sites.

Nationality/Ethnicity: African

Panda is cute! I'll call you that instead~ welcome to the thread :smile:

Thank you, that's so sweet of you ^^ I added you to the members list if you don't mind~

Salam Maisha! I'm glad you introduced yourself, welcome! :chu:

Panda is cute! I'll call you that instead~ welcome to the thread :smile:

Ah that's perfectly fine with me...i'm Roda btw :smile:

tumblr_mowbq2akXZ1sw2xxeo1_400.jpg

I love this one,muahaha XD

Assalamu alaykum and hi everyone.I'm Fatin,my name comes from the word Fatonah/Fathanah (knowledgeable)

Edited by ~peace~

Hello to the new users ^.^

I want to discuss a topic that is considered the greatest and unforgivable sin yet many muslims don't realize it.

Shirk:

In Islam , shirk ( Arabic : ﻙﺮﺷ širk) refers to the sin of practicing idolatry or polytheism , i.e.

the deification or worship of anyone or anything other than the singular God. Literally, it

means the establishment of "partners" placed beside God. It is the vice that is opposed to

the virtue of Tawhid ( monotheism ).

This is one of the vers that talk about shirk being an unforgivable sin:

Translation: Surely Allah does not forgive that anything should be associated with Him,

and forgives what is besides that to whomsoever He pleases; and whoever associates

anything with Allah, he devises indeed a great sin. (Surah Nisaa, verse 48)

Examples of Shirk:

(Found this on Yahoo Answers. Thought I should share)

Three major forms of shirk:

1) Shirk in Rubūbīyah (Lordship)

Shirk By association - This can be either associating Allah(swt) creation with his creation as his equal or near equal (polytheism)

Shirk by negation - This is denying the existence of Allah(Swt) (Athiesm)

2) Shirk in al-Asma was-Sifat (the names and attributes of Allah)

Shirk by humanization - This is giving god human or animal characteristics. Such as painting god in the image of a man.

Shirk by deification - This is giving something else Allah(swt) name or attribute.

Shirk In al-'Ibadah (Worship)

This is basically directing your worship to things or people other than Allah(swt) it can including asking for help, guidance and admittance to paradise all of which only Allah(swt) can provide.

Minor shirk

There is also minor shirk which the Prophet (SAW) warned us about. It can be best described as pride or showing off.

Another forms of shirk include swearing by those other than Allah(SWT)

Also believing karma i.e. another worldly power or force punishing or rewarding

you for your deeds when only Allah(Swt) can do so is considered shirk.

And believing in good or bad luck through other means (Such as lockets or stones) can be a form of shirk as in something other than Allah(swt) bringing good or bad tidings.

I'm sharing this because, not only is this an unforgiven sin, but it's a sin I've seen been commited here.

Example when fans refer their bias as "Goddess, Gods, Lords, Divines and any other supernatural creatures" they are in fact commiting the sin.

So what can you do if you commited shirk?

Unlike drinking, lying, stealing etc where you may be forgiven once your dead (Allahu a3lam), dying as a shirk (without repentance) is considered unforgivable

So you should repent:

Repentance from shirk means giving it up and submitting to Allaah alone, regretting one's

neglect of Allaah’s rights and resolving never to go back to it. Allaah says (interpretation

of the meaning):

“Say to those who have disbelieved, if they cease (from disbelief), their past will be

forgivenâ€

[al-Anfaal 8:38]

“If they cease†means, give up their kufr, by submitting to Allaah alone with no partner or

associate. Tafseer al-Sa’di.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Islam destroys that which

came before it†– i.e., of sins. Narrated by Muslim 121.

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said that the gate of

repentance remains open so long at the death rattle has not reached a person’s throat. He

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“Allaah will accept His slave’s

repentance so long as the death rattle has not yet reached his throat.†(Narrated by al-

Tirmidhi, 3537; see also Saheeh al-Jaami’, 1425.

Finally I want to share this Dua from our Prophet (SAW):

dua-for-shirk.gif

Allaahumma innee ‘aoothu bika an ushrika bika shaiann wa anaa a’lamu, wa

astaghfiruka limaa laa a’lamu.

Translation: O Allah, I seek refuge in You lest I associate anything with You knowingly,

and I seek Your forgiveness for what I know not.

- May Allah be pleased with us all!

Edited by Vero Moda
  • Like 4

Mashallah it's really long, haha. But I really hope for the muslims to take out 5 minutes of your life to read this very important message!!!

Mashallah it's really long, haha. But I really hope for the muslims to take out 5 minutes of your life to read this very important message!!!

Loved it! Thank you~

I totally agree with this:

Example when fans refer their bias as "Goddess, Gods, Lords, Divines and any other supernatural creatures" they are in fact commiting the sin.

I've been in Kpop since 2007; I've also been a Yoona bias since 2008 and people often call her and other SNSD members 'Goddess' etc. Alhamdulillah I realised as I became more aware of my deen that those type of comments were shirk. I've never actually said those things online, even before. However, then, I never really saw anything wrong with it when others would write those type of comments but of course now I do.

Speaking of shirk, there were these stupid bracelets/necklaces I saw in Turkey on holiday in Istanbul last year, that supposedly protected people from 'the eye' (3ayn). Blatant SHIRK!

Only Allah can protect us.

To be honest, I was really shocked at how widespread it was, so many shops sell it over there... I've also heard it's pretty big in Morocco too. :unsure:

But yes, thank you for bringing up the topic! May Allah reward you <3

We should have topic of the week or something...

Loved it! Thank you~

I totally agree with this:

I've been in Kpop since 2007; I've also been a Yoona bias since 2008 and people often call her and other SNSD members 'Goddess' etc. Alhamdulillah I realised as I became more aware of my deen that those type of comments were shirk. I've never actually said those things online, even before. However, then, I never really saw anything wrong with it when others would write those type of comments but of course now I do.

Speaking of shirk, there were these stupid bracelets/necklaces I saw in Turkey on holiday in Istanbul last year, that supposedly protected people from 'the eye' (3ayn). Blatant SHIRK!

Only Allah can protect us.

To be honest, I was really shocked at how widespread it was, so many shops sell it over there... I've also heard it's pretty big in Morocco too. :unsure:

But yes, thank you for bringing up the topic! May Allah reward you <3

We should have topic of the week or something...

I've seen a lot of muslims do it (not only kpop fans) and it's really heartbreaken they don't know it will infact make you a disbeliever. I wasn't aware of those things and did commit shirk, but Al hamdulillah I've found the will to educate myself about Islam.

Thank you, May Allah reward you too for joining this thread. <3

Yeah we should have topics and make this thread more organized. For example one week we could discuss Judgement day, the other week about our Prophet Muhammed (SAW), The third week about the 5 pillars of Islam, 4th week about gender roles and so on. We could mention a couple of ahadeeths each week, because Islam is a very broad subject.

It's a shame that once the thread disappears from the "Recent Threads" it becomes inactive

We should try our best to keep this thread active even if it's just you and I :)