Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Kiwii

☪ Muslim OH! Members Thread

A story od man who saw the prophet (PBUH) in his dream and became a muslim. 

• Like 1

I am not Muslim, but I have a question (if anyone could possibly answer me): What is the difference between Sunni Islam and Shia Islam?

I am not Muslim, but I have a question (if anyone could possibly answer me): What is the difference between Sunni Islam and Shia Islam?

I'm not too sure but i think the biggest difference is that after the death of the prophet (PBUH) there was a disagreement on who his successor was gonna be. The sunnies wanted the leader to be chosen from the community while the Shias wanted him to be chosen from the prophets family. The leader ended up being chosen from the community but the shias refused to recognise this leader. I think thats what led to divide but there are also minor differences like sunnies pray 5 times a day while Shias pray 3. 

• Like 1

I'm not too sure but i think the biggest difference is that after the death of the prophet (PBUH) there was a disagreement on who his successor was gonna be. The sunnies wanted the leader to be chosen from the community while the Shias wanted him to be chosen from the prophets family. The leader ended up being chosen from the community but the shias refused to recognise this leader. I think thats what led to divide but there are also minor differences like sunnies pray 5 times a day while Shias pray 3. 

Ohhh okay I see. Thanks for answering!

Ohhh okay I see. Thanks for answering!

NPsmile.png Drop by to ask questions anytime 

Assalam guys...today I'm start fasting, I will continue my fasting until the last Ramadan..I aim to reduce my weight and wanna get a slim body but only Saturday and Sunday I will not fasting (except Ramadan month)...and I hope my mission goes well..I'm 'Sahur/Suhur' today only a bowl of Oat mix with apple..I hope I can survive until evening :)

Assalam guys...today I'm start fasting, I will continue my fasting until the last Ramadan..I aim to reduce my weight and wanna get a slim body but only Saturday and Sunday I will not fasting (except Ramadan month)...and I hope my mission goes well..I'm 'Sahur/Suhur' today only a bowl of Oat mix with apple..I hope I can survive until evening smile.png

wa laykumu salÄm smile.png Thats great but are you only fasting to get slim?? If thats your only intention it kinda defeats the whole purpose of fasting so i hope you can really think about. Theres nothing wrong with eating healthier and getting slim as a result (that makes more sense then putting on weight after Ramadan ) but that shouldn't be your reason for fasting. 

Came across a video i wanted to share, Most of the lectures/ dawah speakers are men and often target young men/ parents ect. So its really refreshing to see a brother who recognises just how much guidance young muslim women need/speaks to us in a way we can understand/relate. 

• Dislike 1

(I'm sorry if this gets ranty)

On a scale of 1-10 how tiring is to to constantly defend your faith against "edgy intellectuals" every time a terrorist attack occurs?

How tired are you everytime you get blamed for something you had no power to stop or influence?

I'm so sick of seeing this bullcrap on OH where people love to dish out blame against Muslims bc it's the easy way out.

WTF do you expect Muslims to do?

Stop ISIS?

Preach against their crazy bullshit when it shouldn't have to be their job to constantly defend their religion bc you want a scapegoat?

So how do you constantly deal with it?

Where if you do speak out against ISIS you're "not doing enough" but if you don't speak out at all you "condone" their actions. 

I'm not a Muslim but I get drained every time I have to read someone blame regular Muslims for the wrong doings of a cult (which is entirely unrelated to Islam).

• Like 7

On a scale of 1-10 how tiring is to to constantly defend your faith against "edgy intellectuals" every time a terrorist attack occurs?

How tired are you everytime you get blamed for something you had no power to stop or influence?

I'm so sick of seeing this bullcrap on OH where people love to dish out blame against Muslims bc it's the easy way out.

Stop ISIS?

Preach against their crazy bullshit when it shouldn't have to be their job to constantly defend their religion bc you want a scapegoat?

Where if you do speak out against ISIS you're "not doing enough" but if you don't speak out at all you "condone" their actions. 

I'm not a Muslim but I get drained every time I have to read someone blame regular Muslims for the wrong doings of a cult (which is entirely unrelated to Islam).

dont waste time

these people wont change

even if they did, OH has like 10k active members 

New york city alone has 8.5 million 

dragon ball z Kazenshuu forum has 1k active members 

I live in one of the smallest towns in my country but the population is 500k

etc

what im trying to say is you cant convince everyone, why waste your time and hurt your head over 3-4 random dudes on a kpop forum lol. dont waste your time with people who dont deserve it. The more you defend, the more you're hurting yourself cause they're not gonna remember anything you say. Plus it will screw with your worldview, you'll start to think these ignoramuses are everywhere even though they're a small minority , but when you debate often your brain automatically starts detecting more of them and ignores all the good

OMO we're so close to ramadhan

I'm so happy, when I was a kid I really hate fasting but start from junior high school that's the month I always anticipate, but now that I work I can't do many religious activities unlike when we school the whole month filled with it (I live in a moeslem majority country)

• Like 1

YO FAM THIS IS SO COOL I didn't know this thread exists, and assalamualaikum! Happy almost Ramadhan, everyone! Gear up and prepare to be blessed.

Please add me to the OP:

Username: taengoo is our king

Nationality/Ethnicity: Malaysia

Kinda excited to see all my brothers and sisters in one thread, so might hang out here quite a lot. Barakallahu alaikum laugh.pnglaugh.png

Stop ISIS?

As a non-muslim, that was admirable of you. You certainly know better and understand us.

I am so tired. Tired of seeing my religion gets the blame for all the crimes a few group of people that calls themselves "Muslims" and "jihadists" does, when in fact none of their actions are condoned by Islam at all. I'm tired of people twisting the words of Quran and citing sources that was not authentic and certified by learned Muslim scholars (that studies Arabic and the Quran and all branches of Islamic law sources for years to interpret it) so that they can use it for their benefit and attack innocent Muslims more.

This current tragedy took a lot in me, and facing all the blames was bad enough. But Islam taught me to be patient because in Islam, God does not burden us beyond what we can bear. So I'll be patient, and speak for myself virtuously as well. But if they won't listen then they're not worth my attention.

I really thought I won't deal with it here on OH, a K-POP FORUM, but alas there are always little vermins everywhere. Let them stay uneducated, and let them stay ignorant. It's useless talking with people who won't learn and read "relevant sources" that comes outta someone's ass without actually confronting a real Muslim to know more about Islam. Be strong sis, and don't pay much attention to them.

• Like 2

As a non-muslim, that was admirable of you. You certainly know better and understand us.

I am so tired. Tired of seeing my religion gets the blame for all the crimes a few group of people that calls themselves "Muslims" and "jihadists" does, when in fact none of their actions are condoned by Islam at all. I'm tired of people twisting the words of Quran and citing sources that was not authentic and certified by learned Muslim scholars (that studies Arabic and the Quran and all branches of Islamic law sources for years to interpret it) so that they can use it for their benefit and attack innocent Muslims more.

This current tragedy took a lot in me, and facing all the blames was bad enough. But Islam taught me to be patient because in Islam, God does not burden us beyond what we can bear. So I'll be patient, and speak for myself virtuously as well. But if they won't listen then they're not worth my attention.

I really thought I won't deal with it here on OH, a K-POP FORUM, but alas there are always little vermins everywhere. Let them stay uneducated, and let them stay ignorant. It's useless talking with people who won't learn and read "relevant sources" that comes outta someone's ass without actually confronting a real Muslim to know more about Islam. Be strong sis, and don't pay much attention to them.

And yet Christians get their panties in a twist when you call out some verses from the Bible and they call bs saying you're interpreting it "too literally".

tumblr_oh6qj0cx8U1tfn6k7o1_500.gif

But carry on blaming Islam....

• Like 2

Stop ISIS?

I sort of stop caring about it. I'll use kpop as a way to explain my feelings. You know this past year this whole exo vs army thing is going on.

Everytime something happened for armies it was like, look exols at it again, they are so horrible, the worst fandom in the history of kpop blah blah blah.

They have a rivalry with us, and its to just generalize and hate on the whole fandom then to make an effort to understand their feelings or point of view. So you just dont bother to correct them or defend yourself. You realize it makes no difference what some dumb exol does in some part of the world, i am not responsible for her action, i dont need to defend or justify or apologize on her behalf to reduce their hatred. Its not going to happen anyway, If they want to hate they will use any excuse to hate and bash.

So its best to just leave these people alone and not let their words make you defensive or feel inferior.

If you've noticed those fans also pretend to be edgy intellectuals who are so above their rivals.

Im not saying that this situation is comparable to terrorist activities but i am using this example because i think you relate to this kind of feeling even if you are not a muslim, to give a frame of reference.

And yet Christians get their panties in a twist when you call out some verses from the Bible and they call bs saying you're interpreting it "too literally".

tumblr_oh6qj0cx8U1tfn6k7o1_500.gif

But carry on blaming Islam....

you know it sis

tumblr_nvkg40HQ1Y1tfn6k7o1_500.gif

is there ever any argument about why in English Allah is sometimes referred as He? why the pronoun is allowed?

is there ever any argument about why in English Allah is sometimes referred as He? why the pronoun is allowed?

From what i know, in arabic the use of it and he are similar. So if the reference is to "it", that can also be translated as he. But the pronoun "she" is very definite. If you use she, it clearly refer to female. Since allah swt has no gender, you cannot use the word for she. Hence "he" is used to refer yo him. I hope i am making sense here. Edited by Sanaazc

From what i know, in arabic the use of it and he are similar. So if the reference is to "it", that can also be translated as he. But the pronoun "she" is very definite. If you use she, it clearly refer to female. Since allah swt has no gender, you cannot use the word for she. Hence "he" is used to refer yo him. I hope i am making sense here.

I understand what you mean although if that's the case (the use in English just follows the use in arabic language) it still seems strange to me that in English "He" is the one used instead

Stop ISIS?

Honestly its draining but theres nothing we can dounimpressed.png These people seem to have selective memory and forget the biggest victims of IS are acc Muslims. Isis is a problem for everyone and its both disturbing and disappointing to see some people blaming Islam and the whole Muslim population like?????? Its just so frustrating but what can you do. 

YO FAM THIS IS SO COOL I didn't know this thread exists, and assalamualaikum! Happy almost Ramadhan, everyone! Gear up and prepare to be blessed.

Please add me to the OP:

Username: taengoo is our king

Nationality/Ethnicity: Malaysia

Kinda excited to see all my brothers and sisters in one thread, so might hang out here quite a lot. Barakallahu alaikum laugh.pnglaugh.png

waalaikumsalam ahmagahplz.png Hopefully the thread will become more active during Ramadan 

I had the same question and this speaker explained it well 

shia muslims don't pray 3 times a day, but we combine our prayers (fajr), (dhurh and asr), (maghrib and isha). it's still 5 times a day :)

Cant believe its officially Ramdan tomorrowrlytearpls.png rlytearpls.png  I was gonna ban myself form OH to focus on everything but i wanna interact with ppl on here too so im gonna stay. Whats everybody's plan/Goals for this Ramdan?

Mine are: 

• Memorise as much Quran as i can/ learn the meaning
  • Do more voluntarily prayers
  • Read the Seerah of the prophet PBUH
  • shia muslims don't pray 3 times a day, but we combine our prayers (fajr), (dhurh and asr), (maghrib and isha). it's still 5 times a day smile.png

Oh okay thanks for correcting mesmile.png

Asalamualaikum my muslims sisters and brothers!

My friend just told me about this thread and I was surprised. How come I never knew about this thread? Oh my.I feel so happy to see so many muslims oh users here : ) this is such a lovely thread ♡

And wishing everyone a peaceful and a happy ramadhan ^-^

Edited by Hazal Exol
  • Like 1