Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Kiwii

☪ Muslim OH! Members Thread

^^ The user who greeting 'Salam',I think we can't said like that..I'm forgot the reason behind it but I swear I read somewhere that we cannot used 'Salam' as greeting..we better said in full sentences: 'Assalamualaikum' and 'Waalaikumussalam'

If to long to write,we can said like 'Assalam'

Correct me if I'm wrong

Hallo, Assallammualaykum everyone!

I'm glad this thread got active again, just near the time of Ramadhan.

I'm quite old by K-Pop fans standard and I've posted here before, long ago before this thread became inactive.

I put this on the spoiler, because I don't want to disturb with my rant.

A Short story of my Islamic journey: I was born in Islam and a quite religious family in Indonesia. Being a Muslim and practicing it was quite easy for me. Because everybody around me practicing the same thing. Shalat is easy to do because you can found Mosque in most building, you can hear azan when the time to Shalat comes. But I live outside Indonesia now, in the place where I can't hear Azan from Mosque, no one to remind me if I don't pray, and sometimes my hijab got frowned upon. It's really a challenge for me. Just one of you had said, I take the advantages in my homeland for granted. I feel my Iman deteriorating as my purpose going abroad felt like going out of reach. I realize my mistake and I hope I can bring myself to be tougher and nearer to Islam.

To everybody who's preparing for Ramadhan, please listen to this beautiful lecture:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_AVYLNJj70

Edited by blueqyuubi
  • Like 1

assalamualaikum everyone

i started following this thread about 2 to 3 days ago and realised i haven't posted anything 

ive been a muslim girl all my life but ive started to really get into my religion the last 3 years and as of now im doing great still not perfect, i am excited for ramadan the only problem is it will clash with my exams but i personally dont eat a lot and kind of like having one big meal instead( i know this is bad lol i try to have more meals in smaller portions but sometimes i just cant be asked) so i think ill be fine to fast and revise at the same time ive done it last year

also i live in the UK smile.png

ill try to post often herechuplz.png

• Like 1

Hallo, Assallammualaykum everyone!

I'm glad this thread got active again, just near the time of Ramadhan.

I'm quite old by K-Pop fans standard and I've posted here before, long ago before this thread became inactive.

I put this on the spoiler, because I don't want to disturb with my rant.

A Short story of my Islamic journey: I was born in Islam and a quite religious family in Indonesia. Being a Muslim and practicing it was quite easy for me. Because everybody around me practicing the same thing. Shalat is easy to do because you can found Mosque in most building, you can hear azan when the time to Shalat comes. But I live outside Indonesia now, in the place where I can't hear Azan from Mosque, no one to remind me if I don't pray, and sometimes my hijab got frowned upon. It's really a challenge for me. Just one of you had said, I take the advantages in my homeland for granted. I feel my Iman deteriorating as my purpose going abroad felt like going out of reach. I realize my mistake and I hope I can bring myself to be tougher and nearer to Islam.

To everybody who's preparing for Ramadhan, please listen to this beautiful lecture:

Wa alaikum assalaam laugh.png Its nice to see the old posters and i hope this Ramadan can be a time where you can increase your iman. Are you still abroad for the month? I'm at uni very far from home and im glad that my exams finish before Ramadan. There are no mosques and i dont know any other muslims where i live, It was for this reason that i came here so i can go crazy without being judged or reminded that im Muslim but now that im practising i'm starting to hate this place.

Also i really Like Nouman Ali khanrlytearpls.png He's lectures/speeches helped me a lot when i first started getting back in to Islam. 

Edited by kiwiihanbiin
  • Like 1

I have a few questions for Muslim youth growing up in European countries. If you from United States you can also answer this smile.png

1. Are still religious after growing up in Europe/USA? How being an immigrant changed you?
  2. Are Muslim parents still doing the 'arrange-marriages' things? 
  3. Are you parents with your non-muslim friends? Or non-muslim boyfriends/girlfriends?

I am just curious. I am not trying to attack anyone smile.png

1. i was born in the netherlands and grew up in the uk and it would be a lie if i said that i wasnt influenced before but that was when i was Muslim by name and didnt really follow islam and didnt take it seriously but when i started learning about islam and other religions and got interested in religion i started wearing a scarf and wasnt really influenced by anyone and i dotn care about what people think of me 

2. i cant really say anything about this but with my female cousins they met some one either at work or uni and then they would get permission from their parents but the guy would have to go to the girls house not the other way around but some people are more cultural and i cant speak for them in islam however it is forbidden to force anyone to get married to someone they dont want to

3. i dont understand ur last question

Edited by winnerincle

1. i was born in the netherlands and grew up in the uk and it would be a lie if i said that i wasnt influenced before but that was when i was Muslim by name and didnt really follow islam and didnt take it seriously but when i started learning about islam and other religions and got interested in religion i started wearing a scarf and wasnt really influenced by anyone and i dotn care about what people think of me 

2. i cant really say anything about this but with my female cousins they met some one either at work or uni and then they would get permission from their parents but the guy would have to go to the girls house not the other way around but some people are more cultural and i cant speak for them in islam however it is forbidden to force anyone to get married to someone they dont want to

3. i dont understand ur last question

Oh I forgot the word :D Sorry. 

Are your Muslim parents fine with your non-muslim friends/boyfriend/girlfriends? 

And thank you for answering the other questions :) 

Thats great. Im from india, we have the second highest muslim population in the world.

So shab e baraat is coming up in a couple of days. Its the 15th night of the month of shabaan. Do you guys celebrate it in malaysia?

Here in the jndian subcontinent it is widely celebrated as the night when the dead are given a chance to visit their families. So we have special prayers for that and its considered a good things to stay awake all niht in prayer. Do you guys have anything like that in your place?

ooh nope! No one do it at here as far as i know :superheroh: eyhh i'm still learning hehe

I'm from Indonesia hehe. how bout you?

i'm from Malaysia, look like we can talk in Bahasa :superheroh:

Oh I forgot the word :D Sorry. 

Are your Muslim parents fine with your non-muslim friends/boyfriend/girlfriends? 

And thank you for answering the other questions smile.png

Friends yes one of my closest friend is from Poland boyfriend no since in islam u have to marry a muslim smile.png

Btw yeh, my journey? I was a bad girl :dave: i mean, when my parent teach me about Islam. I never listen to them at all, i didn't wear Hijab and so on - but then Alhamdulilah i've changed in 2014 :superheroh: however, i don't think i'm good enough yet :lol: i'm still learning

• Like 2

assalamualaikum everyone

i started following this thread about 2 to 3 days ago and realised i haven't posted anything 

ive been a muslim girl all my life but ive started to really get into my religion the last 3 years and as of now im doing great still not perfect, i am excited for ramadan the only problem is it will clash with my exams but i personally dont eat a lot and kind of like having one big meal instead( i know this is bad lol i try to have more meals in smaller portions but sometimes i just cant be asked) so i think ill be fine to fast and revise at the same time ive done it last year

also i live in the UK smile.png

ill try to post often herechuplz.png

People in German eat smaller portion of food for breakfast and dinner, and only eat the big one for lunch. They didn't seem to have a problem with it. 

I'm curious, how did you arrange your schedule in the fasting month? I still have a problem with it. Fasting break is really late and Subuh is really early. rlytearpls.png

To all the user who lives in the Europe/ Summer in fasting month, Will you do fasting from Subuh to Maghrib (until Sunset) or following the custom in Arab Saudi (ca. 16 hours only)?

Wa alaikum assalaam laugh.png Its nice to see the old posters and i hope this Ramadan can be a time where you can increase your iman. Are you still abroad for the month? I'm at uni very far from home and im glad that my exams finish before Ramadan. There are no mosques and i dont know any other muslims where i live, It was for this reason that i came here so i can go crazy without being judged or reminded that im Muslim but now that im practising i'm starting to hate this place.

Also i really Like Nouman Ali khanrlytearpls.png He's lectures/speeches helped me a lot when i first started getting back in to Islam. 

I'll still abroad if there is no problem with my Visa.unsure.png

I hope you won't hate the place where you live (though I understand your feeling, I feel that way too, sometimes). I hope Allah gives you strength and makes it easier for you. Did you rooming alone or with another person?

The Mosque is quite far from the place where I live too and it would be very late at night to go there, so I usually pray alone.

I remember last year, my neighbour was so angry at me. Because I was so noisy when preparing for Shahur (It was one O'clock). laugh.png Since then I cook for fasting break and shahur before sunset comes.

Hi, I'm a girl, I tend to assume everyone on OH is female unless they say otherwise just because we're larger in numberlaugh.pngTo answer your question, the questions about life was a gradual thing. I had really bad anxiety/insomnia at the time and an overwhelming fear that was i was gonna die really soon. It was also just after my 20th birthday and it felt like i had already lived all my life....that 20 was so old. I kept wondering what was the point of life if we live for such short time (which we're not even guaranteed to live all of it) and then one day we're all just gonna cease to exist. So one day when i was at home for Easter break up at like 3 am, i found myself thinking about suicide. I couldn't deal with all the fear/paranoia and knowing that it was all gonna end anyway. I just remember feeling so upset, hopeless and depressed that night and i think it was the morning when i woke up and i just started thinking about jannah/the hereafter. I did some research/watched millions of videos then got up and prayed. After that i felt so peaceful, all the negative feeling just went away alhamdliliah. Then i continued to pray because i loved that feeling so much and the more i learned the more i wanted to pray. I stopped all the major sins i used to commit straight away cause i realised they never meant anything to me anyway it was just an escape/ i always felt guilty for doing them. Alhamdulialh after that it was easy to start cutting out other things/people who weren't gonna help me on this journey. I started wearing a hijab too and everyone was shooklaugh.png

And thank you for sharing your storyrlytearpls.png The part you spoke about Allah revealing him self to you gave me chills and really touched my heart. Your so blessed and its amazing that you never gave up on worshipping him even when u felt the trials you faced were unjust. I hope i can one day experience what you did, because even though i pray 5 times a day everyday. My biggest struggle is with concentrating in salah. Many people say that you should learn the meaning of what your saying in and i did but its not enough. Do you have any tips for concentrating in prayer? I always feel so bad for not being able to concentrate only on Allah in salah as its our direct connection to him and he asks so little of us.

You had a real moment of awakening there, the japanese call it satori. i had the basic knowledge islam but in the general the emphasis is more on the outer practices, there isnt much you can read about the inner process of soul growth in your regular teachings. so i has to take a round about way of learning about spirituality in various religions and cultures including zen budhhism and sufis. what ive learned from them the teaching of islam work on several levels.

quran saya that we are created as viceregents of god, khalifa, and once i got into depth of spiritual teaching i can be so awed to know what a great honour it is to born as human and about the purpose of being here on earth.

what im trying to that our soul knows that purpose, it has the innate love of allah and it know the right path. but the nafs misleads us and we get trapped in worldly affairs, that becomes the source of our suffering.

thats a challenge for every human on earth, so dont think too much about what you had done before you saw the light.

im sure you must have thought why do i have to go through all that, the fear, depression, being suicidal, all that and ive also struggled with it and i know its not a good place to be. and i think its the struggle of our soul trying to break out from the nafs' s trap.

You managed to break through that had that moment of realization where the veil finally lifted and you had idea of what faith is and you voluntarily turned towards allah.

many dont even experience that crisis. they are so lost in the world that they dont even care about afterlife.

and among those who find themselves asking this question the awakening process is so painful that some give up and end their life. but you survived it and experienced the light at the end of the tunnel!

and i congratulate for that.

dont worry about how you are managing with the rest. you will slowly get better at it. keep working on being regular with your prayer and have good niyyah. a pure heart is very important to get close to allah. dont beat yourself for not being able to concentrate. it much more complicated then your lack of focus. you know shaitan is always ready to lead as astray, esp during salat. if you think too much about that he will use that as weapon and you might think, whats the point of praying if i cant do it well. you duty is to pray, beyond that allah knows and he is merciful.

about salat, it just as much a struggle for me so i just try to focus on the movements of the lips and the sound of words. i read the verse so they audible to me and concentrate on that. knowing the meaning is good it helps with the salat, you can bring the feeling devotion with each step. but i dont always think about the meaning with every salat. so i try to focus on words.

Btw yeh, my journey? I was a bad girl :dave: i mean, when my parent teach me about Islam. I never listen to them at all, i didn't wear Hijab and so on - but then Alhamdulilah i've changed in 2014 :superheroh: however, i don't think i'm good enough yet :lol: i'm still learning

we all at different levels of learning. except for the prophets no one is perfect, we all are work in progress. the important thing is that we keep trying right.
  • Like 1

To keep this place alive, Whats Your Favourite thing about Islam?

Mine is that there is a whole unseen world, angles, Jinns, other creations, God, Messengers , Heaven and hell. I just find it so fascinating that everything that people try to create on tv for enjoyment ( obviously not the same in anyway) is real in Islam.  Also i really love Allah and the Quran, the more i learn about him, the more i want to love him more. He is so merciful /forgiving/ loving and the opposite of everything i used to think he was. 

People in German eat smaller portion of food for breakfast and dinner, and only eat the big one for lunch. They didn't seem to have a problem with it. 

I'm curious, how did you arrange your schedule in the fasting month? I still have a problem with it. Fasting break is really late and Subuh is really early. rlytearpls.png

To all the user who lives in the Europe/ Summer in fasting month, Will you do fasting from Subuh to Maghrib (until Sunset) or following the custom in Arab Saudi (ca. 16 hours only)?

I'll still abroad if there is no problem with my Visa.unsure.png

I hope you won't hate the place where you live (though I understand your feeling, I feel that way too, sometimes). I hope Allah gives you strength and makes it easier for you. Did you rooming alone or with another person?

The Mosque is quite far from the place where I live too and it would be very late at night to go there, so I usually pray alone.

I remember last year, my neighbour was so angry at me. Because I was so noisy when preparing for Shahur (It was one O'clock). laugh.png Since then I cook for fasting break and shahur before sunset comes.

I'll try not torlytearpls.png Its honestly such a beautiful place  but i just wish i was able to attend mosque/ lectures and surrounded by an islamic community. I live with for other girls so its not really bad. It sucks you cant spend Ramadan with you family rlytearpls.png  And I follow the suhur to maghrib fasting. I didnt even know there was another way warstarplz.png

You had a real moment of awakening there, the japanese call it satori. i had the basic knowledge islam but in the general the emphasis is more on the outer practices, there isnt much you can read about the inner process of soul growth in your regular teachings. so i has to take a round about way of learning about spirituality in various religions and cultures including zen budhhism and sufis. what ive learned from them the teaching of islam work on several levels.

quran saya that we are created as viceregents of god, khalifa, and once i got into depth of spiritual teaching i can be so awed to know what a great honour it is to born as human and about the purpose of being here on earth.

what im trying to that our soul knows that purpose, it has the innate love of allah and it know the right path. but the nafs misleads us and we get trapped in worldly affairs, that becomes the source of our suffering.

thats a challenge for every human on earth, so dont think too much about what you had done before you saw the light.

im sure you must have thought why do i have to go through all that, the fear, depression, being suicidal, all that and ive also struggled with it and i know its not a good place to be. and i think its the struggle of our soul trying to break out from the nafs' s trap.

You managed to break through that had that moment of realization where the veil finally lifted and you had idea of what faith is and you voluntarily turned towards allah.

many dont even experience that crisis. they are so lost in the world that they dont even care about afterlife.

and among those who find themselves asking this question the awakening process is so painful that some give up and end their life. but you survived it and experienced the light at the end of the tunnel!

and i congratulate for that.

dont worry about how you are managing with the rest. you will slowly get better at it. keep working on being regular with your prayer and have good niyyah. a pure heart is very important to get close to allah. dont beat yourself for not being able to concentrate. it much more complicated then your lack of focus. you know shaitan is always ready to lead as astray, esp during salat. if you think too much about that he will use that as weapon and you might think, whats the point of praying if i cant do it well. you duty is to pray, beyond that allah knows and he is merciful.

about salat, it just as much a struggle for me so i just try to focus on the movements of the lips and the sound of words. i read the verse so they audible to me and concentrate on that. knowing the meaning is good it helps with the salat, you can bring the feeling devotion with each step. but i dont always think about the meaning with every salat. so i try to focus on words.

i really like the whole Soul vs Nafs thing rlytearpls.png i've seen few lectures on it as well and it makes this whole awakening process all the more amazing. Thank you for your advice about salat, i realised that i was worrying so much about not concentrating. it was starting to make me not to pray since i cant do it well. I've heard that the shaytan tries the hardest to distracts those that are turning to God and its really annoying tbh. Like you said salah is a duty and concentration or not i should always pray my 5 daily prayers. 

Scary reminder just how many reminders we get daily from Allah through the people & resources around us. 

• Like 1

To keep this place alive, Whats Your Favourite thing about Islam?

Mine is that there is a whole unseen world, angles, Jinns, other creations, God, Messengers , Heaven and hell. I just find it so fascinating that everything that people try to create on tv for enjoyment ( obviously not the same in anyway) is real in Islam. Also i really love Allah and the Quran, the more i learn about him, the more i want to love him more. He is so merciful /forgiving/ loving and the opposite of everything i used to think he was.

I'll try not torlytearpls.png Its honestly such a beautiful place but i just wish i was able to attend mosque/ lectures and surrounded by an islamic community. I live with for other girls so its not really bad. It sucks you cant spend Ramadan with you family rlytearpls.png And I follow the suhur to maghrib fasting. I didnt even know there was another way warstarplz.png

i really like the whole Soul vs Nafs thing rlytearpls.png i've seen few lectures on it as well and it makes this whole awakening process all the more amazing. Thank you for your advice about salat, i realised that i was worrying so much about not concentrating. it was starting to make me not to pray since i cant do it well. I've heard that the shaytan tries the hardest to distracts those that are turning to God and its really annoying tbh. Like you said salah is a duty and concentration or not i should always pray my 5 daily prayers.

My reasons are pretty much the same as you. I am also fascinated by the realms beyond the veil. And the love of allah is seriously something you need to experience to understand it. It is such a beautiful thing, like you feel you are finally at peace.

It'd be great if you could share some of the videos you saw about nafs. I prefer reading books more than watching videos. But if are you interested in learning more about nafs or ego, there is a spiritual writer called eckhart tolle whose videos for oprah's show are very interesting.

His awakening process was a bit similar to you and i think he has a very deep knowledge about the spirituality.

Edited by Sanaazc

Anyone fasting today??

On 5/8/2017 at 8:56 PM, Sanaazc said:

My reasons are pretty much the same as you. I am also fascinated by the realms beyond the veil. And the love of allah is seriously something you need to experience to understand it. It is such a beautiful thing, like you feel you are finally at peace.

It'd be great if you could share some of the videos you saw about nafs. I prefer reading books more than watching videos. But if are you interested in learning more about nafs or ego, there is a spiritual writer called eckhart tolle whose videos for oprah's show are very interesting.

His awakening process was a bit similar to you and i think he has a very deep knowledge about the spirituality.

I'll try and find them laugh.png laugh.png

Edited by Taelent

Assalaam alaikum, so tonight is the 15th night of the month of shab a an here in my region and I wanted to share few things about it here.

The 15th night of Shabaan is a very blessed night. According to the Hadith Shareef, the name of this Mubarak night is “Nisf Shabaan†which means 15th night of Shabaan. The reason for this special night to attain its name of Laylat al-Bara’ah, meaning the Night of Salvation, Seeking Freedom from Azaab and Calamity, is that in this night the Barkaat and acceptance of repentance may be accomplished. Laylat al-Baraa’ah in Persian, as well as in Urdu, is called Shab-e Bara’at.

There is one night in the year when Allah (Soobha Nahu Wata’ala) gives the knowledge to the Angels, about what is going to happen in the following year, for example, who is going to die, who will be born, who will be ill and how much food people will have in the year, etc.

Hazrat ALI (radi Allahu ta’ala anhu) has said:"o people,spend the 15th night of shabaan in divine worship and keep fast on the 15th day of shabaan. on this auspicious night,ALLAH spreads HIS mercy on the earth and calls out:'IS THERE ANY WHO SEEKS CURE FROM ILLNESS THAT I MAY CURE HIM?Thus HE calls the needy ,and grants them their needs,up till dawn." (ibn majah)

A’la Hadrat, Imam Ahmad Rida Fadil e-Bareilly (radi Allahu ta’ala anhu) has given a beautiful advise in this regard. This great Imam said: “Verily the auspicious night of Shab-e- Bara’a is drawing near when the deeds of the slave will be presented to the Almighty Allah. I humbly supplicate in the Darbar-e-Aqdas of the Almighty Allah that through the Wasila-e-Uzma of Sayyiduna Rasoolullah (Salla Allahu alaihi wa Sallam) He forgives the sins and transgressions of all Muslims. Aameen.

Imam Tirmidhi writes:

Aisha Radi Allahu unha said: “On this night the Prophet [May Allah bless Him and grant Him peace] went to Jannat-ul-Baqee to make du’a, I followed him. The Prophet [May Allah bless Him and grant Him peace] said to me: Allah puts His attention towards the first Heaven, and forgives the sins of the people, even if they were equivalent to the hairs of the goats of Bunn Qalb. (A tribe who at the time had a lot of goats) [ Tirmidhi , Kitab-us-Siyaam]

Hazrat ABU BAKR (radi Allahu ta’ala anhu) said:"on the night of shabaan,ALLAH spreads HIS mercy on the earth and pardons all the sinners except the Polytheist,the Hypocrites and those who harbour ill-feeling towards their brethren." (baihaqi)

Prayers for shabaan

Read 6 rakaat Nafl prayer (2+2+2), after Magrib. After every two rakaats read Surah Yaseen once or 21 times Surah Iklas (Surah Qul) and then dua Nisf e shaban.

Edited by Sanaazc

Dua-e-Nisf-e-Shabaan in English

Allaahumma Yaa Zal-manni wa laa yamunnu 'alayh, yaa Zal-jalaali wal-ikraam, yaa zat-tawli wal-'in'aam. Laa ilaaha illaaa Anta Zahrullaajiinaa, wa jaarul-mustajiiriina, wa Amaanulkhaa-'ifiin.

Allaahumma in kunta katabtanii 'indaka fii 'ummil-kitaabi shaqiyyan 'aw mahruuman 'aw matruudan 'aw muqattaran 'alayyna fir-rizqi famhu..

Allaahumma bi-fazlika shaqaawatii wa hirmaanii wa tardii waqtitaara rizqi, wa 'asbitnii 'indaka fii 'ummil-kitaabi sa'iidam-marzuuqammuwaffaqal-lil-khayraati, fa innaka qulta wa quwlukal-haqqu, fii kitaabikal-munzali, 'alaalisaani Nabiyyikal-Mursali, yamhullaahu maa yashaa-'u wa yusbitu wa 'indahuu 'ummul kitaab 'Ilaahi bit-tajallyil-'a-zami, fii laylatinnisfi min shahri sha'baanal-Mukarrami, 'allatii yufraqu fiihaa kullu 'amrin hakiiminw-wa yubramu, 'an takshifa 'annaa minal-balaaa-'i wal balwaaa-'i maa na'lamu wa maa laa na 'lamu, wa Anta bi-hii 'a'lam. Innaka Antal-'a'azzul-Akram. Wa sallalaahu ta'aalaa 'alaa sayyidinaa Muhammad-dinw-wa 'alaaa 'aalihii wa sahbihii wa sallama Wal-Hamdu lillaahi Rabbil-Aalameen.

Nawafil Namaz after Isha Namaz

2. Read 12 rakaat nafl prayer, in each rakaat read:

Surah Fatiha (Alhamdu) : once

Surah Iklas: 10 times.

Afterward read:

3rd Kalima(Kalima Tamjeed) : 10 times

SUBHANA-LLAHI, WA-L-HAMDU LI-LLAHI, WA LA ILAHA ILLA-LLAHU, WA-LLAHU AKBAR. WA LA HAWLA WA LA QUWWATA ILLA BI-LLAHI-L-ALIYYI-L-AZIM

4th Kalima (Kalima Tawheed): 10 times

LA ILAHA ILL-ALLAHU WADAHU LA SHARIKA LAHU LA-HUL-MULKU WA LAHU'L-AMDU YUH-YI WA YUMITU WA HUWA AYYU-LLA YAMUTU ABADAN ABADA, U-L-JALALI WA-L-IKRAM, BIYADIHI-L-KHAYR, WA HUWA ALA KULLI SHAYIN QADIR

Darood Sharif : 100 times

3. Read 8 rakaat nafl prayer with four salaam. In each rakaat read

Surah Fatiha : once

Surah Iklas : 11 times

Hazrat Fatima (May Allah be pleased with her) is reported to have said that whoever will observe this prayer, on Shab-e-Baraat and will present its reward (sawab) to my soul, I will strongly recommend for his/her forgiveness to Allah Almighty before I enter the heavens.

4. The Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him) used to read this dua abundantly on this night, we should do the same:

Allahumma inni al-aloka afwa wal afiyata wal muafatad-daimata fid dunya wal akhirah

5. Read 100 rakaat nafil prayer reciting in each rakaat reciting :

Surah Fatiha : Once

Surah Iklas : 10 times

The person observing this prayer on Shab-e-Baraat will have tremedous blessings from Allah Almighty and his/her prayers will be answered and will be made free from the fire of hell and will go to paradise.

DUA: Allahumma inna-k afuwun karimun tuhibbul aff-va fafu aanni ya gaffuru ya gaffuru ya gaffuru.

Dua-e-Nisf-e-Shabaan in English

Allaahumma Yaa Zal-manni wa laa yamunnu 'alayh, yaa Zal-jalaali wal-ikraam, yaa zat-tawli wal-'in'aam. Laa ilaaha illaaa Anta Zahrullaajiinaa, wa jaarul-mustajiiriina, wa Amaanulkhaa-'ifiin.

Allaahumma in kunta katabtanii 'indaka fii 'ummil-kitaabi shaqiyyan 'aw mahruuman 'aw matruudan 'aw muqattaran 'alayyna fir-rizqi famhu..

Allaahumma bi-fazlika shaqaawatii wa hirmaanii wa tardii waqtitaara rizqi, wa 'asbitnii 'indaka fii 'ummil-kitaabi sa'iidam-marzuuqammuwaffaqal-lil-khayraati, fa innaka qulta wa quwlukal-haqqu, fii kitaabikal-munzali, 'alaalisaani Nabiyyikal-Mursali, yamhullaahu maa yashaa-'u wa yusbitu wa 'indahuu 'ummul kitaab 'Ilaahi bit-tajallyil-'a-zami, fii laylatinnisfi min shahri sha'baanal-Mukarrami, 'allatii yufraqu fiihaa kullu 'amrin hakiiminw-wa yubramu, 'an takshifa 'annaa minal-balaaa-'i wal balwaaa-'i maa na'lamu wa maa laa na 'lamu, wa Anta bi-hii 'a'lam. Innaka Antal-'a'azzul-Akram. Wa sallalaahu ta'aalaa 'alaa sayyidinaa Muhammad-dinw-wa 'alaaa 'aalihii wa sahbihii wa sallama Wal-Hamdu lillaahi Rabbil-Aalameen.

Nawafil Namaz after Isha Namaz

2. Read 12 rakaat nafl prayer, in each rakaat read:

Surah Fatiha (Alhamdu) : once

Surah Iklas: 10 times.

Afterward read:

3rd Kalima(Kalima Tamjeed) : 10 times

SUBHANA-LLAHI, WA-L-HAMDU LI-LLAHI, WA LA ILAHA ILLA-LLAHU, WA-LLAHU AKBAR. WA LA HAWLA WA LA QUWWATA ILLA BI-LLAHI-L-ALIYYI-L-AZIM

4th Kalima (Kalima Tawheed): 10 times

LA ILAHA ILL-ALLAHU WADAHU LA SHARIKA LAHU LA-HUL-MULKU WA LAHU'L-AMDU YUH-YI WA YUMITU WA HUWA AYYU-LLA YAMUTU ABADAN ABADA, U-L-JALALI WA-L-IKRAM, BIYADIHI-L-KHAYR, WA HUWA ALA KULLI SHAYIN QADIR

Darood Sharif : 100 times

3. Read 8 rakaat nafl prayer with four salaam. In each rakaat read

Surah Fatiha : once

Surah Iklas : 11 times

Hazrat Fatima (May Allah be pleased with her) is reported to have said that whoever will observe this prayer, on Shab-e-Baraat and will present its reward (sawab) to my soul, I will strongly recommend for his/her forgiveness to Allah Almighty before I enter the heavens.

4. The Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him) used to read this dua abundantly on this night, we should do the same:

Allahumma inni al-aloka afwa wal afiyata wal muafatad-daimata fid dunya wal akhirah

5. Read 100 rakaat nafil prayer reciting in each rakaat reciting :

Surah Fatiha : Once

Surah Iklas : 10 times

The person observing this prayer on Shab-e-Baraat will have tremedous blessings from Allah Almighty and his/her prayers will be answered and will be made free from the fire of hell and will go to paradise.

DUA: Allahumma inna-k afuwun karimun tuhibbul aff-va fafu aanni ya gaffuru ya gaffuru ya gaffuru.

I never knew about this night until i looked at the Islamic calendar, so i did some research and It seems to be controversialunsure.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddwu1Lu2Ipo

https://islamqa.info/en/11722

https://islamqa.info/en/8907

Well, do we really need to worry whether any night is worthy of praying or not. Even if it is controversial does it take away the sawab of additional prayers?

You are free to choose to not believe in it*shrugs*

Video i recently came across about the Muslims in the slave trade. School never taught us about the religion of the slaves ( but it hinted Christians) so i never new about. Its also been found recently that around 30% of the African slaves were Muslims. Not only that but they were also some the leaders behind the rebellion movements. 

Well, do we really need to worry whether any night is worthy of praying or not. Even if it is controversial does it take away the sawab of additional prayers?

You are free to choose to not believe in it*shrugs*

I mean i dont care i just found out while researching thats its controversial. 

Edited by kiwiihanbiin