Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Kiwii

☪ Muslim OH! Members Thread

Assalaamu'alaikum everyone!

Congrats on being OP, Kiwi!

Just a quick introduction.. Everyone calls me Rein (my full name is too long for people to pronounce it properly.. lol). In case anyone's wondering, I am a girl lol. I'm 90-liner from Singapore. I work as a full-time TV Broadcast Editor and Writer. I'm a proud iKONIC and a soft VIP (lol). I'm not so active on OH recently.. but I do lurk in once in a while.

I'm on both twitter and IG. I'm a little more active there. My username is mostly the same on most sns platform.. @thereinzee

Hope to be more active on this thread once Ramadan arrives!! I'm so excited!

waalaikumsalam and welcome! Thats such a cool job tho, finally an fellow ikonic. Who's your bias :hurr:

waalaikumsalam and welcome! Thats such a cool job tho, finally an fellow ikonic. Who's your bias :hurr:

Hahah! Thanks! Well, the job certainly has its perks. Now, I just need to find a way to work as an editor in YG. Just to get my hands on all those unused footage... [emoji23]

My bias? Totally not obvious at all.. Hahahahaha. I'm a Byeong-cheolie through and through [emoji23]..

Though lately, it depends on photo updates.. It's hard stanning 7 beautiful creatures [emoji848]

Edited by thereinzee

Finally, I can chat with more Muslims :) hope we keep the thread active. I'm sure we have plenty of topics we can discuss here.

Also congrats on being OP, Kiwi :)

Not a muslim here but can't wait for Ramadan so that I can go for their bazzar

Imagine when we going to bazzar,many of colourful drink,many of roasted chicken and rice and many variety of cake..yummy can't wait for Ramadan

Imagine when we going to bazzar,many of colourful drink,many of roasted chicken and rice and many variety of cake..yummy can't wait for Ramadan

True, I usually go there sometimes to buy myself dinner or snacks

Edited by Kstarnet

So happy to see so many people here, I'll update the user list on the first pageohbi.png So that the thread stays active, how about everyone shares a little bit about their Islamic journey? i dont know what to call it laugh.png laugh.png Like are you practising? drifting away from the religion? What state are you at now and where do you want to go from here. 

For me i was born a Muslim/ did all the early bits mosque/quran/attempting and  pretending to pray etc.  When i was 12 i got kicked out of mosque and then everything started going side wayslaugh.png I stopped caring about the religion and every part of it became a chore until i got to sixth form. At 16 i stopped practising altogether, no prayer an no consciousnesses of God.........nothing what so ever. I wanted to do what other 16 years old were doing and started pursing that. I was basically just going down this dark path until this year when after going through a lot of stuff, i found my way back to Islam I was asking all these questions like whats the point of life/ we get old and die??(if we're lucky to even make it to old age) and then all of the things i was taught started floating back.  it feels like my eyes have been opened alhamdulilah rlytearpls.png So now i'm relearning everything from the beginning and finding out how beautiful this religion is. I cant believe i took it for granted for so many years. People around me were shook at how i went from clubbing/doing the whole lot to praying and talking about Islam non stop. 

Hiiiii :D sameee. The people around me was like 'oh no i can't eat anymore' superheroh.png and yes i think we should make another thread to promote this thread. I just found this thread yesterday loool laugh.png

Done laugh.png see it did the trick 

Heeyyy~

Okirlytearpls.png rlytearpls.png  

Assalaamu'alaikum everyone!

Congrats on being OP, Kiwi!

Just a quick introduction.. Everyone calls me Rein (my full name is too long for people to pronounce it properly.. lol). In case anyone's wondering, I am a girl lol. I'm 90-liner from Singapore. I work as a full-time TV Broadcast Editor and Writer. I'm a proud iKONIC and a soft VIP (lol). I'm not so active on OH recently.. but I do lurk in once in a while.

I'm on both twitter and IG. I'm a little more active there. My username is mostly the same on most sns platform.. @thereinzee

Hope to be more active on this thread once Ramadan arrives!! I'm so excited!

Finally, I can chat with more Muslims smile.png hope we keep the thread active. I'm sure we have plenty of topics we can discuss here.

Also congrats on being OP, Kiwi smile.png

Than you guysrlytearpls.png So many ikonics, Lets try and keep this place alive guys

Edited by kiwiihanbiin

Assalamu'alaikum, everyone!ahmagahplz.png

Hope that we can keep this thread active and motivate each other during Ramadhan season. 

• Like 1

Anyway, a little introduction :

Oki, '92 liner, Indonesian.

yasss oki, lets spam this thread tbh dave.png which country are you from?

I'm from Indonesia hehe. how bout you?

Finally, I can chat with more Muslims smile.png hope we keep the thread active. I'm sure we have plenty of topics we can discuss here.

Hey you~

So happy to see so many people here, I'll update the user list on the first pageohbi.png So that the thread stays active, how about everyone shares a little bit about their Islamic journey? i dont know what to call it laugh.png laugh.png Like are you practising? drifting away from the religion? What state are you at now and where do you want to go from here. 

For me i was born a Muslim/ did all the early bits mosque/quran/attempting and  pretending to pray etc.  When i was 12 i got kicked out of mosque and then everything started going side wayslaugh.png I stopped caring about the religion and every part of it became a chore until i got to sixth form. At 16 i stopped practising altogether, no prayer an no consciousnesses of God.........nothing what so ever. I wanted to do what other 16 years old were doing and started pursing that. I was basically just going down this dark path until this year when after going through a lot of stuff, i found my way back to Islam I was asking all these questions like whats the point of life/ we get old and die??(if we're lucky to even make it to old age) and then all of the things i was taught started floating back.  it feels like my eyes have been opened alhamdulilah rlytearpls.png So now i'm relearning everything from the beginning and finding out how beautiful this religion is. I cant believe i took it for granted for so many years. People around me were shook at how i went from clubbing/doing the whole lot to praying and talking about Islam non stop. 

Awww :"""

Alhamdulillah you found your way, Kiwi. I always think it's the best when you find 'it' on your own,

without the pressure from other people. 

I'm from Malaysia! Theres like 85% muslim here :D Can't wait for Ramadan tho :rlytearpls:

Thats great. Im from india, we have the second highest muslim population in the world.

So shab e baraat is coming up in a couple of days. Its the 15th night of the month of shabaan. Do you guys celebrate it in malaysia?

Here in the jndian subcontinent it is widely celebrated as the night when the dead are given a chance to visit their families. So we have special prayers for that and its considered a good things to stay awake all niht in prayer. Do you guys have anything like that in your place?

I have a few questions for Muslim youth growing up in European countries. If you from United States you can also answer this :) 

1. Are still religious after growing up in Europe/USA? How being an immigrant changed you?
  2. Are Muslim parents still doing the 'arrange-marriages' things? 
  3. Are you parents with your non-muslim friends? Or non-muslim boyfriends/girlfriends?

I am just curious. I am not trying to attack anyone :) 

Hey you

Awww :"""

Alhamdulillah you found your way, Kiwi. I always think it's the best when you find 'it' on your own,

without the pressure from other people. Next Unread Topic →

Thank yourlytearpls.png 100% agree but trying to help other people around me see it is frustrating. It would be amazing if we knew that tomorrow was guaranteed but its not and seeing so many people my age doing what i was doing and not finding their way back is sad cause we dont know how much time we have. 

I have a few questions for Muslim youth growing up in European countries. If you from United States you can also answer this smile.png

1. Are still religious after growing up in Europe/USA? How being an immigrant changed you?
  2. Are Muslim parents still doing the 'arrange-marriages' things? 
  3. Are you parents with your non-muslim friends? Or non-muslim boyfriends/girlfriends?

I am just curious. I am not trying to attack anyone smile.png

1. I feel like my mini intro thing answers this questionlaugh.png  but to give a clear answer i think growing up here was part of the reason i drifted so far from the religion. Its hard to hold on to Islam when your young/growing up in western society that mostly views religion as Joke. Plus all the normal pressures that young people face so its a tough battle tbh. However, i was still able to find my back to the religion in my late teens. 

2. Nope, i  haunt heard of many tbh but i guess that because of my culture. I'm guessing some cultures still do it 

3.  My parents are very welcoming of non muslim friends, my best friend of ten years is not a muslim ( although she's considering it ) but she basically lived in my houselaugh.png My parents are against dating( non muslim or not) lol so i always did it behind them but i stopped doing that so it doesnt bother melaugh.png

Edited by kiwiihanbiin

Assalamu'alaikum, everyone!ahmagahplz.png

Hope that we can keep this thread active and motivate each other during Ramadhan season. 

Wa alaykumu as-salam ohbi.png I hope so too, please post often 

Edited by kiwiihanbiin

I was back tracing this  thread and its so sad to see all those people are not here anymorerlytearpls.png But i came across this very beautiful quotes. 

The world is a prison for the believer and a paradise for the unbeliever. †
- Prophet Muhammed (SAW)

tumblr_mvilo79Snf1qby7vio1_500.jpg

Edited by kiwiihanbiin

So happy to see so many people here, I'll update the user list on the first pageohbi.pngSo that the thread stays active, how about everyone shares a little bit about their Islamic journey? i dont know what to call it laugh.pnglaugh.png Like are you practising? drifting away from the religion? What state are you at now and where do you want to go from here.

For me i was born a Muslim/ did all the early bits mosque/quran/attempting and pretending to pray etc. When i was 12 i got kicked out of mosque and then everything started going side wayslaugh.png I stopped caring about the religion and every part of it became a chore until i got to sixth form. At 16 i stopped practising altogether, no prayer an no consciousnesses of God.........nothing what so ever. I wanted to do what other 16 years old were doing and started pursing that. I was basically just going down this dark path until this year when after going through a lot of stuff, i found my way back to Islam. I was asking all these questions like whats the point of life/ we get old and die??(if we're lucky to even make it to old age) and then all of the things i was taught started floating back. it feels like my eyes have been opened alhamdulilah rlytearpls.png So now i'm relearning everything from the beginning and finding out how beautiful this religion is. I cant believe i took it for granted for so many years. People around me were shook at how i went from clubbing/doing the whole lot to praying and talking about Islam non stop.

Done laugh.png see it did the trick

Okirlytearpls.pngrlytearpls.png

Than you guysrlytearpls.png So many ikonics, Lets try and keep this place alive guys

Congrats on becoming the OP!

Do you mind if i ask you, if you are a guy or a girl? Im not very goid at guessing these things.

Thank you for sharing your story. I'd love to know about that one moment when tou were hit by the proverbial brick? Do you remember that one moment which made you stop and look at what is happening in your life or was it a gradual process?

For me, i was born in a muslim family and recieved all the necessary education since i was 8-9. I remember the first moment i concsiously turned to islam and salaat. I was 16 then, and i and ine of my school friend were talking about death and azaab in grave on our way back from school. I remember i came home and just sat down and started crying in complete fear. I suddenly realized that i too will die one day and the fear of what will happen to me afterwards overtook. After a few minutes i felt the only way to deal with this fear is to turn to allah. So i got did the wazoo and prayed the asr prayer.

After that, i started praying more often and by 18 i got used to praying 5 times a day.

There is saying that goes something like, first people pray to god out of fear, then out of habit and then finally out of love, and thats what happened to me.

Alhamdulillah, i still pray 5 times unless im feeling very ill.

I thought my faith was very strong but my first crisis in faith came much later, about 8 years ago.

A lot happened in my life that shook me to my core and broke my faith. I went through a period when i had a lot of anger for allah, feeling he was being injust to me. but i continued with my daily prayers, it was almost like a challenge yo him to show him, like see you might jave betrayed me but im still here being faithful to you.

It was almost 2 years after that period i came to realize that, this too was an important step in my spiritual journey.i was being tested, it was meant to break me so that once the dogmatic idea of god falls away, the true understanding of him can take place.

It was even an understanding, more like the experience of who he is. You cannot grasp him by mind so as long as you are trying to understand him you cannot really know him.

So first i had to loose all my understanding, my idea of what god is like, who he is to experience the truth.

And i am so blessed that i evrn got to experience that. It came in a very unexpected moment. I was reading the quran one day, in 2014, and as i was reading the word allahu in it, i suddenly saw the word break apart, like an eggshell and from it this magenta coloured energy rose and i felt it went it to my chest. I felt such a strong feeling of love that it brought tears to my eyes.

This is how revealed himself to me. He showed that more than anything he is love. We cannot see him with the eye in this world but if he wants,he will reveal himself to you in his own way.

But you have to do you part and be worthy of this blessing, that means sometimes you have to go through hell first and be purified.

So for anyone who is going through a difficult time, they need to know that they are also going through a purification process so the can get closer to him.everything has a purpose, even the most unbearable suffering.

So i had that experience and that was the beginning of another phase in my life.

In islam there are many levels of muslims.

People become muslim after saying the kalima,

They become momin after follow the faith,

Then mohsin, after being tested and there are further levels.

Faith doesnt end just by regularly offering prayers 5 times a day, it is only the beginning. As allah said, salat,quran are the ropes to reach him so there's that climb too.

Anyways enough rambling for today.

Welcome to all the new people here! Do share your stories and any questions you have about faith and islam. I try to help any way i can 😊

• Like 1

Hi everyone. Salam...

Woah, OH have a lot of muslims.

I'm alice, was born in a muslim family.

I went to islamic elementary school and islamic middle school.

I felt like my parents were 'forcing' me to be a muslim. Lol.

So once i entered high school, i kinda rebel to my parents. I went to church and reading bible, only prayed when i was at home (because of my parents 😆).

My last year of high school, i saw the light and sincerely being a muslim.

tho not fully practical (I'm still triying, ok), I know what i do and believe.

I was back tracing this thread and its so sad to see all those people are not here anymorerlytearpls.png But i came across this very beautiful quotes.

The world is a prison for the believer and a paradise for the unbeliever. â€

- Prophet Muhammed (SAW)

tumblr_mvilo79Snf1qby7vio1_500.jpg

100% true. After a certain point, you do feel like you are trapped in this world, cut away from the whole and there is this pain of wanting to go back to perfection in the beyond.

Hi everyone. Salam...

So once i entered high school, i kinda rebel to my parents. I went to church and reading bible, only prayed when i was at home (because of my parents 😆).

Wa alaikum assalaam alice. You are fortunate to see the light at such a young age. Can you dhare with us, what exactly happened in that moment, when you saw the light?

Wa alaikum assalaam alice. You are fortunate to see the light at such a young age. Can you dhare with us, what exactly happened in that moment, when you saw the light?

Nothing happen really.

I read bible and went to church. But the more i read bible, the more i got confused and more questions unanswered.

Religion is a faith. There shouldn't be a doubt.

Thank yourlytearpls.png 100% agree but trying to help other people around me see it is frustrating. It would be amazing if we knew that tomorrow was guaranteed but its not and seeing so many people my age doing what i was doing and not finding their way back is sad cause we dont know how much time we have. 

1. I feel like my mini intro thing answers this questionlaugh.png  but to give a clear answer i think growing up here was part of the reason i drifted so far from the religion. Its hard to hold on to Islam when your young/growing up in western society that mostly views religion as Joke. Plus all the normal pressures that young people face so its a tough battle tbh. However, i was still able to find my back to the religion in my late teens. 

2. Nope, i  haunt heard of many tbh but i guess that because of my culture. I'm guessing some cultures still do it 

3.  My parents are very welcoming of non muslim friends, my best friend of ten years is not a muslim ( although she's considering it ) but she basically lived in my houselaugh.png My parents are against dating( non muslim or not) lol so i always did it behind them but i stopped doing that so it doesnt bother melaugh.png

Thank you for answering my questions :) 

Congrats on becoming the OP!

Do you mind if i ask you, if you are a guy or a girl? Im not very goid at guessing these things.

Thank you for sharing your story. I'd love to know about that one moment when tou were hit by the proverbial brick? Do you remember that one moment which made you stop and look at what is happening in your life or was it a gradual process?

For me, i was born in a muslim family and recieved all the necessary education since i was 8-9. I remember the first moment i concsiously turned to islam and salaat. I was 16 then, and i and ine of my school friend were talking about death and azaab in grave on our way back from school. I remember i came home and just sat down and started crying in complete fear. I suddenly realized that i too will die one day and the fear of what will happen to me afterwards overtook. After a few minutes i felt the only way to deal with this fear is to turn to allah. So i got did the wazoo and prayed the asr prayer.

After that, i started praying more often and by 18 i got used to praying 5 times a day.

There is saying that goes something like, first people pray to god out of fear, then out of habit and then finally out of love, and thats what happened to me.

Alhamdulillah, i still pray 5 times unless im feeling very ill.

I thought my faith was very strong but my first crisis in faith came much later, about 8 years ago.

A lot happened in my life that shook me to my core and broke my faith. I went through a period when i had a lot of anger for allah, feeling he was being injust to me. but i continued with my daily prayers, it was almost like a challenge yo him to show him, like see you might jave betrayed me but im still here being faithful to you.

It was almost 2 years after that period i came to realize that, this too was an important step in my spiritual journey.i was being tested, it was meant to break me so that once the dogmatic idea of god falls away, the true understanding of him can take place.

It was even an understanding, more like the experience of who he is. You cannot grasp him by mind so as long as you are trying to understand him you cannot really know him.

So first i had to loose all my understanding, my idea of what god is like, who he is to experience the truth.

And i am so blessed that i evrn got to experience that. It came in a very unexpected moment. I was reading the quran one day, in 2014, and as i was reading the word allahu in it, i suddenly saw the word break apart, like an eggshell and from it this magenta coloured energy rose and i felt it went it to my chest. I felt such a strong feeling of love that it brought tears to my eyes.

This is how revealed himself to me. He showed that more than anything he is love. We cannot see him with the eye in this world but if he wants,he will reveal himself to you in his own way.

But you have to do you part and be worthy of this blessing, that means sometimes you have to go through hell first and be purified.

So for anyone who is going through a difficult time, they need to know that they are also going through a purification process so the can get closer to him.everything has a purpose, even the most unbearable suffering.

So i had that experience and that was the beginning of another phase in my life.

In islam there are many levels of muslims.

People become muslim after saying the kalima,

They become momin after follow the faith,

Then mohsin, after being tested and there are further levels.

Faith doesnt end just by regularly offering prayers 5 times a day, it is only the beginning. As allah said, salat,quran are the ropes to reach him so there's that climb too.

Anyways enough rambling for today.

Welcome to all the new people here! Do share your stories and any questions you have about faith and islam. I try to help any way i can

Hi, I'm a girl, I tend to assume everyone on OH is female unless they say otherwise just because we're larger in numberlaugh.pngTo answer your question, the questions about life was a gradual thing. I had really bad anxiety/insomnia at the time and an overwhelming fear that was i was gonna die really soon. It was also just after my 20th birthday and it felt like i had already lived all my life....that 20 was so old. I kept wondering what was the point of life if we live for such short time (which we're not even guaranteed to live all of it) and then one day we're all just gonna cease to exist. So one day when i was at home for Easter break up at like 3 am, i found myself thinking about suicide. I couldn't deal with all the fear/paranoia and knowing that it was all gonna end anyway. I just remember feeling so upset, hopeless and depressed that night and i think it was the morning when i woke up and i just started thinking about jannah/the hereafter. I did some research/watched millions of videos then got up and prayed. After that i felt so peaceful, all the negative feeling just went away alhamdliliah. Then i continued to pray because i loved that feeling so much and the more i learned the more i wanted to pray. I stopped all the major sins i used to commit straight away cause i realised they never meant anything to me anyway it was just an escape/ i always felt guilty for doing them. Alhamdulialh after that it was easy to start cutting out other things/people who weren't gonna help me on this journey. I started wearing a hijab too and everyone was shooklaugh.png

And thank you for sharing your storyrlytearpls.png The part you spoke about Allah revealing him self to you gave me chills and really touched my heart. Your so blessed and its amazing that you never gave up on worshipping him even when u felt the trials you faced were unjust.  I hope i can one day experience what you did, because even though i pray 5 times a day everyday. My biggest struggle is with concentrating in salah. Many people say that you should learn the meaning of what your saying in and i did but its not enough. Do you have any tips for concentrating in prayer?  I always feel so bad for not being able to concentrate only on Allah in salah as its our direct connection to him and he asks so little of us. 

Edited by kiwiihanbiin

Assalamualaikum guys

I'm Indonesian, a proud Cassiopeia and Inspirit also 4NIA

Well i think i found my new home :')

Hi everyone. Salam...

So once i entered high school, i kinda rebel to my parents. I went to church and reading bible, only prayed when i was at home (because of my parents ).

Wa alaikum assalaam Glad you found your way back just iike merlytearpls.png Not everybody does so we're blessed to have had Allah giude us back alhamdulilah

Assalamualaikum guys

I'm Indonesian, a proud Cassiopeia and Inspirit also 4NIA

Well i think i found my new home :')

Assalamualaikum everyone~ nice to see the thread is more active, I'll remember to post here more often smile.png

Wa alaikum assalaam guysdave.png