Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Kiwii

☪ Muslim OH! Members Thread

The Quran is the most accurate source that there is. 

You are right, but you've just said "I've been told that they can't move to a different country.........". i mean don't listen to people who talk negatively about Islam.

• Like 1

well, some of their views are definitely wrong (like their stance from Omar ibn al Khattab and Abu Bacr Assiddik) but that doesnt mean they are not real muslim and that only Sunni are. it is that kind of thinking that leads to onflicts, violence and even internal wars/

tolerance is one of the most beautiful things about islam, try to learn from it.

well said sister.

OMG are you Shia? if you are then you are not a real muslim coz that's not how Muslim supposed to be, Sunni are real Muslim.. educate yourseld Miss ignorant

You should learn to be tolerant.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

MashaAllah. May Allah grant you steadfast iman and may He pleased with you. Ameen.

tumblr_mvairrHcFa1snd2hoo8_500.jpg

tumblr_mvairrHcFa1snd2hoo9_1280.jpg

tumblr_msoc7vfjxm1snd2hoo9_500.jpg

Thank you :) And you too inshallah!

Quotes Woman:

“The rights of women are sacred. See that women are

maintained in the rights assigned to them.â€

"

"God enjoins you to treat women well, for they are your mothers, daughters, aunts.â€

“Shall I not point out to you the best of virtues It is your doing good to your daughter when she is returned to you having been divorced by

her husband.â€

“Whoever doeth good to girls, it will be a curtain to him from hell-fire.â€

“Women are the twin halves of men.â€

“A Muslim must not hate his wife and if he be displeased with one bad quality in her, then let him be pleased with another that is good.â€

“Admonish your wives with kindness.â€

"The best among you is the one who is the best towards his wife "

"Paradise lies at the feet of your mothers. "

Prophet Muhammed (SAW)

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Apostle as saying: He who

believes in Allah and the Hereafter, if he witnesses any matter he should talk in good

terms about it or keep quiet. Act kindly towards woman, for woman is created from a rib,

and the most crooked part of the rib is its top. If you attempt to straighten it, you will

break it, and if you leave it, its crookedness will remain there. So act kindly towards

women."

"O you who believe! You are forbidden to inherit women against their will, and you

should not treat them with harshness, that you may take away part of the Mahr you

have given them, unless they commit open illegal sexual intercourse. And live with

them honourably. If you dislike them, it may be that you dislike a thing and Allah

brings through it a great deal of good."

- Surar Al Nisa

• Like 8
  • Dislike 1

You are right, but you've just said "I've been told that they can't move to a different country.........". i mean don't listen to people who talk negatively about Islam.

They weren't talking negatively, just letting me know and they're Muslims themselves. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

@Vero Moda - <33333333 love all the quotes.

You know one of the best times to do dua is when it rains. Many people seem to forget or aren't aware but it is.

We should also never complain about the rain, many people in drier countries treat water as higher importance than us. ):

This is gonna be my future wedding song :ahmagah:
 (never mind that Arab freshy guy who uploaded the video lol)

Edited by Qui

lovely thread :chu:

i'm a muslim as well. i have long name (3 words) but people usually only call me Farah

Farah means happiness/cheerful i think in Arabic

Edited by twinkystar
  • Like 3

lovely thread :chu:

i'm a muslim as well. i have long name (3 words) but people usually call me Farah

Farah means happiness/cheerful i think in Arabic

Assalamu alaykum Farah! Your name is beautiful mashaAllah. My sister is called Afrah (which is another way to say happiness in Arabic)

Farah - Happy

Afrah - Happiness

Everyone butchers my name tbh. But yours is really easy to pronounce ^^

You're also a Sone, *hi5* sister!

Edited by Qui

That's a shame but why are you only focusing on Wahhabism? (I dislike it too) Just read on Islam in general. Muslims =/= Islam.

I would like to live in the Arab World, hence why I take religion and religious people into consideration.

Umm, I've never heard of this and I've read the Qur'an several times. Can you give a reference? I think it's best to give reference before stating something :/ like you did in your first paragraph.

I remember reading an article about it because the newborn Earth-like planet in a separate universe was a huge breakthrough in the science field back in April this year. I don't know why, but I've always liked the idea that there is a multi-universe, which I am not certain if it exists in the Qur'an despite it telling of the universal expansion, but am certain does state that Allah created planets like Earth. I cannot read Arabic well, hence why I struggle so much with the Qur'an.

EDIT:

Farah = Happiness

Afrah = Be happy (masculine, singular)

Afrahi = Be Happy (feminine, singular)

Edited by Psy
  • Like 1

Username: Hirano

Nationality/Ethnicity: British, my mum is from the Philippines and my dad in from Jamaica.

It's too strict, everything in the Quran was relevant to how things used to be, things have changed so much yet the Quran remains the same. Also, Women's rights is a huge problem for me, I've been told that they can't move to a different country without a Male relative another thing is that the Quran constantly insults other religions and the death sentences and such things still apply till this day when clearly there are other ways of punishing people, it teaches that killing is wrong but people get killed for killing which is dumb logic.

That's how I feel. I'm a boy and I notice the disparity between how males and females are presented and expected to behave in the Qur'an. It feels so restrictive and irrelevant to today's society. And that's among other things that I have conflicted feelings about in Islamic teachings. 

Edited by OG Qri
  • Like 2
  • Dislike 1

Assalamu alaykum Farah! Your name is beautiful mashaAllah. My sister is called Afrah (which is another way to say happiness in Arabic)

Farah - Happy

Afrah - Happiness

no actually Farah means Happiness and Farhan/ Farhana means Happy 

Afrah is the plural of Farah

I would like to live in the Arab World, hence why I take religion and religious people into consideration.

I remember reading an article about it because the newborn Earth-like planet in a separate universe was a huge breakthrough in the science field back in April this year. I don't know why, but I've always liked the idea that there is a multi-universe, which I am not certain if it exists in the Qur'an despite it telling of the universal expansion, but am certain does state that Allah created planets like Earth. I cannot read Arabic well, hence why I struggle so much with the Qur'an.

I actually love nearly all your posts on the Middle East ^^ so I can tell

I've honestly never heard of such a thing, we do believe in Jinns though - they have their own realm but live with us on Earth.

Farah - Happy

Afrah - Happiness

Farah is the easiest to pronounce i think

lol there's a hollywood actress who have similar name :lol:

Arfah is a beautiful name :chu:

no actually Farah means Happiness and Farhan/ Farhana means Happy 

Afrah is the plural of Farah

yeah I know that lol my mind was elsewhere.

Username: Hirano

Name: Radeen-Jawad (most people just call me Radeen)

Nationality/Ethnicity: British, my mum is from the Philippines and my dad in from Jamaica.

That's how I feel. I'm a boy and I notice the disparity between how males and females are presented and expected to behave in the Qur'an. It feels so restrictive and irrelevant to today's society. And that's among other things that I have conflicted feelings about in Islamic teachings. 

welcome ^^ I'll add you on the list

Nice thread, is always good to learn from other religions. I'm catholic but tbh idk many things about my own religion. while reading this thread, i learned that if im thinking leaving my own religion, I should at least know it better. so thanks  :)

• Like 3

Oh, I'm a Muslim, Assalamualaikum! \O/

What a nice thread~

Username: Step

Name: Ahmed

Nationality/Ethnicity: British, but I was born in Yemen

• Like 1

Username: frogy

Name: warda

Nationality/Ethnicity: british born SOMALI

im not very religious, i dont pray, but i do wear a headscarf 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Oh, I'm a Muslim, Assalamualaikum! \O/

What a nice thread~

Username: Step

Name: Ahmed

Nationality/Ethnicity: British, but I was born in Yemen

Walaykum salam brother.

Ahlan wa sahlan, finally someone yemeni \o/ I'm half sa3oudi & half yemeni ^^

Added you to the list.

Username: frogy

Name: warda

Nationality/Ethnicity: british born SOMALI

im not very religious, i dont pray, but i do wear a headscarf 

*waves* salam! There's lots of Somalis here in London, I have many somali friends as well.

WARYA! :lol: or is it NAYA! I've become a master at Somali no? haha

Edited by Qui

*waves* salam! There's lots of Somalis here in London, I have many somali friends as well.

WARYA! :lol: or is it NAYA! I've become a master at Somali no? haha

salammm naya for females and warya for males lmao 

Edited by frogy

my favourite Muhammad quote is “How is God (expected) to consider a people as pious, who do not endeavor to take back the rights of the weak from the powerful?â€

:datass: dunnoeee

haha

moslem here...

wow, most westerners have a wrong impression of Islam

there's 4 big mazhab (i dunno what mazhab in english) and each of them have different opinion about some things

like i never heard listen to music is prohibited, even some ustad here release an album (i live in Indonesia btw)

there's some hadist about that, but it's dhaif (weak)

and if you want to know what Islam is, just read Al Quran for unbiased information

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1