Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Kiwii

☪ Muslim OH! Members Thread

The Saudi Royal Family are evil, I hope you don't mind me saying that.

i hate them 2 

• Like 1

Username: frogy

Name: warda

Nationality/Ethnicity: british born SOMALI

im not very religious, i dont pray, but i do wear a headscarf 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

*waves* salam! There's lots of Somalis here in London, I have many somali friends as well.

WARYA! :lol: or is it NAYA! I've become a master at Somali no? haha

salammm naya for females and warya for males lmao 

Edited by frogy

my favourite Muhammad quote is “How is God (expected) to consider a people as pious, who do not endeavor to take back the rights of the weak from the powerful?â€

:datass: dunnoeee

haha

Assalamualaikum everyone. i'm amirah. a 19 years old malaysian girl. i'm wearing hijab since i was young.
btw i just wanna point out something.  Its not a must for muslim women to wear hijab, but it is a must for us to cover our aurah. -_-
Muslim women are special. Because we are gifts from Allah. Dont you wrap your gift? So dont be shame if people said 'what are you wearing
on your head?' or 'are you wearing a tent?'. be proud because we are protecting muslimah's dignity   :)

i dont like that, it makes muslims seem elite, were not better people just cuz we're muslims 

• Like 5

Hello to the new users ^.^

I want to discuss a topic that is considered the greatest and unforgivable sin yet many muslims don't realize it.

Shirk:

In Islam , shirk ( Arabic : ﻙﺮﺷ širk) refers to the sin of practicing idolatry or polytheism , i.e.

the deification or worship of anyone or anything other than the singular God. Literally, it

means the establishment of "partners" placed beside God. It is the vice that is opposed to

the virtue of Tawhid ( monotheism ).

This is one of the vers that talk about shirk being an unforgivable sin:

Translation: Surely Allah does not forgive that anything should be associated with Him,

and forgives what is besides that to whomsoever He pleases; and whoever associates

anything with Allah, he devises indeed a great sin. (Surah Nisaa, verse 48)

Examples of Shirk:

(Found this on Yahoo Answers. Thought I should share)

Three major forms of shirk:

1) Shirk in Rubūbīyah (Lordship)

Shirk By association - This can be either associating Allah(swt) creation with his creation as his equal or near equal (polytheism)

Shirk by negation - This is denying the existence of Allah(Swt) (Athiesm)

2) Shirk in al-Asma was-Sifat (the names and attributes of Allah)

Shirk by humanization - This is giving god human or animal characteristics. Such as painting god in the image of a man.

Shirk by deification - This is giving something else Allah(swt) name or attribute.

Shirk In al-'Ibadah (Worship)

This is basically directing your worship to things or people other than Allah(swt) it can including asking for help, guidance and admittance to paradise all of which only Allah(swt) can provide.

Minor shirk

There is also minor shirk which the Prophet (SAW) warned us about. It can be best described as pride or showing off.

Another forms of shirk include swearing by those other than Allah(SWT)

Also believing karma i.e. another worldly power or force punishing or rewarding

you for your deeds when only Allah(Swt) can do so is considered shirk.

And believing in good or bad luck through other means (Such as lockets or stones) can be a form of shirk as in something other than Allah(swt) bringing good or bad tidings.

I'm sharing this because, not only is this an unforgiven sin, but it's a sin I've seen been commited here.

Example when fans refer their bias as "Goddess, Gods, Lords, Divines and any other supernatural creatures" they are in fact commiting the sin.

So what can you do if you commited shirk?

Unlike drinking, lying, stealing etc where you may be forgiven once your dead (Allahu a3lam), dying as a shirk (without repentance) is considered unforgivable

So you should repent:

Repentance from shirk means giving it up and submitting to Allaah alone, regretting one's

neglect of Allaah’s rights and resolving never to go back to it. Allaah says (interpretation

of the meaning):

“Say to those who have disbelieved, if they cease (from disbelief), their past will be

forgivenâ€

[al-Anfaal 8:38]

“If they cease†means, give up their kufr, by submitting to Allaah alone with no partner or

associate. Tafseer al-Sa’di.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Islam destroys that which

came before it†– i.e., of sins. Narrated by Muslim 121.

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said that the gate of

repentance remains open so long at the death rattle has not reached a person’s throat. He

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“Allaah will accept His slave’s

repentance so long as the death rattle has not yet reached his throat.†(Narrated by al-

Tirmidhi, 3537; see also Saheeh al-Jaami’, 1425.

Finally I want to share this Dua from our Prophet (SAW):

dua-for-shirk.gif

Allaahumma innee ‘aoothu bika an ushrika bika shaiann wa anaa a’lamu, wa

astaghfiruka limaa laa a’lamu.

Translation: O Allah, I seek refuge in You lest I associate anything with You knowingly,

and I seek Your forgiveness for what I know not.

- May Allah be pleased with us all!

are u tryin to shade me cuz i believe kanye west is a God, i will ether u 

Edited by frogy

Hi guys! I'm not a a muslim I was raised a catholic, but I kind of consider myself to be agnostic. I would like to ask you what do you guys think about bisexuality ? if you are bisexual or lesbian how do you guys deal with that? I'm half Italian and Hispanic and of course my family think is wrong. I live in Miami and homosexuality and bisexuality are not a big deal here but that doesn't happen everywhere. I was wondering your views about that since most of you are young and  probably less judgmental. 

i am part of the lgbtq community 

I'm not trying to shade you girl, I was refering to the fandom (I even bolded that part)

(I) Fuck with your soul like ether

(Will) Teach you - the king - you know you

(Not) God's Son across the belly

(Lose) I prove you lost already

I love your dp  :ilove:  what is it?

Umbreon, its a pokemon

250px-197Umbreon.png

Edited by frogy

^

^

qurl whatever.

Honestly, such topics are controversial. It is clearly stated in the Quran that a homosexuality act is punished (by killing).

I think being gay or lesbian is something, while performing the act is something else.

Personally I don't believe you can choose being homosexual, thus I don't believe that there is a cure for it. If you're gay/lesbian you are and you can't change that. I don't see them as less of human beings nor do I disrespect them.

It's problamatic for the religous homosexual person, because it's times like these where you have to choose your priorities. If I was ever in that position I think I'd choose religion i.e supress my sexual and romantic desire for the same sex and marry someone from the opposite sex regardless of my feeling. I know people, espically non-religious would say "oh wow it sucks" cause it do. It does suck not being able to be with a person you love but I place my religion above everything and don't believe this life on earth is compared to "after life."

BTW, welcome ^.^ You should visit this thread more often

so i deserve to be killed, fuk u 

about lgbt topic, i agreed with Vero.  As a Muslim, it's wrong to engaged in homosexual act as Allah already gave us a reminder through Prophet Lot's people.

how how how how, stop being homophobic 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 3

most of rules of islam were made by sexist, racist arab men thousands of years ago, im not gonna believe their BS, i interpret and believe in islam in my own, which is what every muslim should do instead of just being indoctrinated by them. Its also hard to translate arabic into other languages and the arabic the quran is written in is very old and isnt used now, so there is gonna be mistranslations. Allah is against hating people, the people of lot isnt a way to justify homophobia.

I also disagree with that part of Quran. I accept homosexual people and I'm pretty bi-curious myself.

i dont agree with most of the quranic translations

Edited by frogy
  • Like 3
  • Dislike 5

1) Prophet Muhammed (s.a.a.w) was indeed an Arab but what he recited was God's words. Allah does look down on homosexual acts. Not the people. It's in the Qur'an itself. You don't even need to look into hadith etc... Our love for Islam and Allah has to be stronger than anything. We should love it more than our families, friends and ourselves.

2) Prophet Lot was sent to his people to deter them from being homosexual though. Tell me then, what was he sent by Allah for???  :unsure:

A Muslim is one who believes in ALL of the Prophets and their messages and the Qur'an - the word of Allah. 

3) Fusha is still being taught though in Arab (khaleeji anyway that I know of) countries? For instance in primary/secondary school they're taught fusha... Do you think Arab people read the Qur'an without knowing what it means? Classical Arabic is still used in newspapers and such but differs slightly to fusha. People may not speak it anymore but it doesn't mean it's not used in literature nor does it mean people don't understand it. 

There may be a few mistranslations, but there's SO any 'translations' done in English that you'll be able to understand exactly what the Arabic is trying to get across. The first English translation of the Quran was written by Marmaduke Pickthall, (one of the first English Muslim reverts) around 1930 and since then, so many different translations have been written, however, the message of the sentences are the SAME but written with different words...

1/2. they were committing adultery or having sex BEFORE marriage 

3. english is a very non descriptive language, you cant translate properly/correctly from arabic to english 

stop being homophobic, stop telling me i cant be muslim and bi, u and the other are fukin horrible for sayin this BS when it isnt tru 

Edited by frogy
  • Like 1

You are bi? 

yh, but im not romantically attracted to women 

We'll agree to disagree then. Everyone is able to have their own views.

No need to swear though :/

i can fukin swear if i want 2, homosexuality isnt wrong, youre an ugly homophobe, crawl into a hole and never leave

• Like 1
  • Dislike 3

Calm down.  :unsure:

I agree since I don't think homosexuality is wrong either, but commenting in an aggressive manner isn't doing you any favours. 

fuk off i will stay bitch i wont calm down 4 nothin

Sorry hun, I made this thread.

Yours or my thoughts =/= what Islam says (Quran & Hadith)

no bitch i am right u r a homophobe