Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Kiwii

☪ Muslim OH! Members Thread

It's too strict, everything in the Quran was relevant to how things used to be, things have changed so much yet the Quran remains the same. Also, Women's rights is a huge problem for me, I've been told that they can't move to a different country without a Male relative another thing is that the Quran constantly insults other religions and the death sentences and such things still apply till this day when clearly there are other ways of punishing people, it teaches that killing is wrong but people get killed for killing which is dumb logic. 

one of the best things about Quran is that it, indeed, is timeless. it can be upgraded cia "ijtihad" but also there where the problem lies, with the wrong way people do their ijtihad and make it reflect badly on islam and quran. for the "woman can't travel w/o a man" thingy, that's one of the faces of "Ijtihad". some scholars did they ijtihad and announced that women can leave the country w/o a man and some didnt because like i said before it is a matter of how people do their ijtihad sine Quran opened the door for people to upgrade it in order for it to fit their current life and it is up to them to use it wisely or not.

and i'd like if you bring a proof that Quran insults other "religions" because that's not true.

I've been told that for every hair a Christian man sees on my head I'll get six snakes in my grave because I refuse to wear the hijab. Unlike other Abrahamic religions, Islam is still pretty primitive and has not progressed, this is mainly due to the introduction of Wahabism.

Ohmygod, I've been told that if I listen to Music that hot Iron rods will be put in my ear until it's out the other ear. I mean I could probably deal with Islam if it upgraded itself.

that's made up bullshit that people spew under the name of islam lol. that has no base in neither Quran or Sunna. i think your problem lies with your islamic mentor/who ever is teaching you islam and not with Quran itself because these things you are talking about have nothing to do with Quran or Sunna and where never mentioned. 

btw, Muhammed chose Bilal to be the first one to do the Athan because he has a nice voice and he liked it, so...

• Like 11

btw i am Aicha and i am from Tunisia

at first i thought this thread was a place for muslim posters here to meet each other, hang out and stuff and i hope it will remains just like that. i think turning it a bit too religious wouldnt be comfortable for everyone. 

• Like 3

Not a musilim but I have a question. I heard that in the past, muslims had to pray five times a day (early morning, late morning, afternoon, evening, before bed) and I'm wondering if 1.) that was true and 2.) if true, does anyone still do that.

yes that's true ecxept for the "in the past" part lol. because it is still like that until now and i will forever be like that. it is one of the 5 pillars of Islam and each prayer takes a few minutes so it is not as hard as some who dont know it might think.

it has special rules for special situations. like for example when you are at work or at school and can't do it in its designated time, you can delay it until you go back home and you can even group some of them together (the ones you missed). also women do not pray during their period and sick people or those handicaped or who have back problems and can't stand for too long can do the prayer while sitting.

there is a certain washing up steps that you must do before each prayer but you also are exempt from those if you, for example, have a wound and should not touch the water at that time. then you can do some other special steps using a clean stone/sand for example

Edited by ♔♡♥Aicha♥♡♔
  • Like 3

OMG are you Shia? if you are then you are not a real muslim coz that's not how Muslim supposed to be, Sunni are real Muslim.. educate yourseld Miss ignorant

well, some of their views are definitely wrong (like their stance from Omar ibn al Khattab and Abu Bacr Assiddik) but that doesnt mean they are not real muslim and that only Sunni are. it is that kind of thinking that leads to onflicts, violence and even internal wars/

tolerance is one of the most beautiful things about islam, try to learn from it.

• Like 2

Assalamu alaykum Farah! Your name is beautiful mashaAllah. My sister is called Afrah (which is another way to say happiness in Arabic)

Farah - Happy

Afrah - Happiness

Everyone butchers my name tbh. But yours is really easy to pronounce ^^

You're also a Sone, *hi5* sister!

no actually Farah means Happiness and Farhan/ Farhana means Happy 

Afrah is the plural of Farah