Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Kiwii

☪ Muslim OH! Members Thread

idk If I should join this thread bc on one hand I'm a Muslim but I'm also having doubts about the religion as a whole.

How come?

Username: akisame

Hey, I'm not really a fan of organized religion and I'm more spiritual, but since I come from a Muslim background I might as well drop by and say AoA :).

• Like 1

idk If I should join this thread bc on one hand I'm a Muslim but I'm also having doubts about the religion as a whole.

We're open to anyone, everyone has low iman sometimes <33

I'm not a Muslim but wow good job with the OP it looks fantastic ^^

Thank you! :hehe:  took me like over 45 mins -.-

Some Islamic Art/Architecture

tumblr_mv8m56SyK51rmru7uo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mvib3i8QKI1swk81vo1_500.png

tumblr_muz00o0gc81qzkp97o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mfkyyhRAsh1reae9uo1_500_large.jpg

Rainbow Qur'an

tumblr_mvjwn5nGma1sur0t0o1_1280.jpg

• Like 26

How come?

It's too strict, everything in the Quran was relevant to how things used to be, things have changed so much yet the Quran remains the same. Also, Women's rights is a huge problem for me, I've been told that they can't move to a different country without a Male relative another thing is that the Quran constantly insults other religions and the death sentences and such things still apply till this day when clearly there are other ways of punishing people, it teaches that killing is wrong but people get killed for killing which is dumb logic. 

• Like 13
  • Dislike 12

It's too strict, everything in the Quran was relevant to how things used to be, things have changed so much yet the Quran remains the same. Also, Women's rights is a huge problem for me, I've been told that they can't move to a different country without a Male relative another thing is that the Quran constantly insults other religions and the death sentences and such things still apply till this day when clearly there are other ways of punishing people, it teaches that killing is wrong but people get killed for killing which is dumb logic. 

I have a lot of issues with what's in the Qu'ran, too and I do not agree with Sharia law. I'm pretty much the same as you.

• Like 8
  • Dislike 4

No neither do I, and I get a lot of shit from other Muslims when I point that out. 

I've been told that for every hair a Christian man sees on my head I'll get six snakes in my grave because I refuse to wear the hijab. Unlike other Abrahamic religions, Islam is still pretty primitive and has not progressed, this is mainly due to the introduction of Wahabism.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 10

I've been told that for every hair a Christian man sees on my head I'll get six snakes in my grave because I refuse to wear the hijab. Unlike other Abrahamic religions, Islam is still pretty primitive and has not progressed, this is mainly due to the introduction of Wahabism.

Ohmygod, I've been told that if I listen to Music that hot Iron rods will be put in my ear until it's out the other ear. I mean I could probably deal with Islam if it upgraded itself.

I get where you're coming from. I hope Allah makes it easy for you.

I had similar thoughts before but when my mother passed away three years ago when I was 15, may Allah grant her Jannah (heaven) I changed spiritually. My way of thinking completely changed I guess. Her death really woke me up. Life is short. And no, I don't believe in YOLO.

I'd like to say: there's a common misconception that Saudi Arabia follow Sharia Law, and as a Saudi girl MYSELF, I'll say that is bull. They distort completely to their own benefits.

• Like 13
  • Dislike 1

Ohmygod, I've been told that if I listen to Music that hot Iron rods will be put in my ear until it's out the other ear. I mean I could probably deal with Islam if it upgraded itself.

It needs serious progression and Wahabism needs to go back to where it came from. There are plenty of moden Muslims, but even then, their logic is flawed. The other day, a Muslim man told us that Vegetarians aren't human (we're vegetarian).

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

I had similar thoughts before but when my mother passed away three years ago when I was 15, may Allah grant her Jannah (heaven) I changed spiritually. My way of thinking completely changed I guess. Her death really woke me up. Life is short. And no, I don't believe in YOLO.

I'd like to say: there's a common misconception that Saudi Arabia follow Sharia Law, and as a Saudi girl MYSELF, I'll say that is bull. They distort completely to their own benefits.

The Saudi Royal Family are evil, I hope you don't mind me saying that.

thank you ~ 

Sorry for your loss~~ I've always told myself that perhaps I need something life changing to make me believe again because I feel so uneasy and guilty going against something I believed in for so long. 

Rather than Saudi Arabia, I was talking about smaller Asian countries.  Yes I know, not being able to drive is so much bullshit. They shouldn't mix personal beliefs and religion together

Edited by hyorish

It needs serious progression and Wahabism needs to go back to where it came from. There are plenty of moden Muslims, but even then, their logic is flawed. The other day, a Muslim man told us that Vegetarians aren't human (we're vegetarian).

:| wow, what a weirdo lol, I don't eat red meat (I eat chicken&fish) and meat is huge in the Arab culture/dishes so whenever I go to Saudi they always roll their eyes at me haha

In case anyone who's not muslim is reading this: VEGETARIANS can be MUSLIMS.

Whoever said that needs to do some reading or get some common sense.

Edited by Qui
  • Like 1

:| wow, what a weirdo lol, I don't eat red meat (I eat chicken&fish) and meat is huge in the Arab culture/dishes so whenever I go to Saudi they always roll their eyes at me haha

In case anyone who's not muslim is reading this: VEGETARIANS can be MUSLIMS.

Whoever said that needs to do some reading or get some common sense.

My Mum had the shock of her life and she just walked away.

"All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a

non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over black nor

does a black have any superiority over white except by piety and good action. Learn that

every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one

brotherhood."

Prophet Muhammed is truly the best and greatest example! He is very inspiring and I love reading quotes from him. Such a kind hearted man.

• Like 34
  • Dislike 1

i wouldn't quite place the blame on wahabism. mainstream sunni islam has a very negative view of bid'ah/innovation. in their eyes the laws set out in the quran and sunnah are timeless. unfortunately those that have more progressive reformist views are usually labelled heretics.

/also have a muslim background

• Like 3
  • Dislike 9

Username: Sxnho

Name:  Muhammad Irfan

Nationality/Ethnicity: Malaysian

Assalamualaikum! Alhamdullilah and may Allah bless this topic!

• Like 1

"All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a

non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over black nor

does a black have any superiority over white except by piety and good action. Learn that

every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one

brotherhood."

Prophet Muhammed is truly the best and greatest example! He is very inspiring and I love reading quotes from him. Such a kind hearted man.

My favourite being before my mother, my father, my siblings. ♥♥