Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
TaeYuSu

The Official Computer Problems/Advices Thread

Can anyone help me with my caps lock key?

It keeps blinking (works fine) but the light usually only comes on when the key is on.

I looked it up online and it's usually accompanied with the laptop not starting, but I'm able to use it and I am scared to restart because I don't want it to not start afterwards.

Nvm. I tried restarting and it went away. ^^

my computer cant play >360p videos smoothly on sites but when I download them , they run fine without any problems

and it is very lag when I switch between tabs

what browser you using

try to clear your cache and cookies etc

Hey guys.

I am using an ASUS G75VW and there have been times where I have temporarily lost control of my mouse/mousepad and my keyboard.  These two instances happen seperately.

For my mouse/mousepad when it happens all I can do is zoom the page in and out and left/right click.  I can't move the mouse.  After some time it returns back to normal.

For my keyboard all of my keys stop working or they have different commands.  Like all of a sudden when I hit esc my start menu pops up and it will go back and forth between my desktop and start menu (I have windows 8).  My left click also seems to change too (when I click on programs it tells me I pin them as if it were a right-click)

I'm not sure if it's cause I'm hitting a certain hotkey or not, I've looked up what I thought it could have been but I was unable to duplicate it.

im trying to download something, but it keeps saying "failed - network error"

anyone know how to fix this?

i think its internet connection issue or the connection cable 

I just finished a torrent download and suddenly the words "Flushing to disk" appeared

After that, I tried clicking on it and then uTorrent just froze up. I waited for like 10 minutes but it's still the same.

Now everytime I open up uTorrent, it just freezes after like 5 seconds. Help?

I just finished a torrent download and suddenly the words "Flushing to disk" appeared

After that, I tried clicking on it and then uTorrent just froze up. I waited for like 10 minutes but it's still the same.

Now everytime I open up uTorrent, it just freezes after like 5 seconds. Help?

Try to download a older or either a newer version of Utorrent.

you can just dl it individually through torrents. (after effects)

It is a program to create visual effects and graphics and so

This is hard. Idk how to use it. Ugh. I need to make a video using that.

[spoiler]btw, tae, you are okay now?[/spoiler]

same i also dk how to use it, try watching tuts on youtube.

[spoiler]

she came again this morning and will come again tomorrow again, which will probably be the last day when i will see her because i will go back home.

we cuddled and hugged again and blabla

[/spoiler]

same i also dk how to use it, try watching tuts on youtube.

[spoiler]
she came again this morning and will come again tomorrow again, which will probably be the last day when i will see her because i will go back home.
we cuddled and hugged again and blabla
[/spoiler]

having a hard time to understand those tutorials. :omgwtf:

[spoiler]at one time it looks like she likes you, but then she went to other guys too. since it's last day you should do something. [/spoiler]

having a hard time to understand those tutorials. :omgwtf:

[spoiler]at one time it looks like she likes you, but then she went to other guys too. since it's last day you should do something. [/spoiler]

nvm

Edited by TaeYuSu

Using Winrar, how much file space does compressing a folder save?

(The files in the folder would be large)

Using Winrar, how much file space does compressing a folder save?

(The files in the folder would be large)

Different files compress differently so that would depend on the content of what you're compressing. Things like music files are already compressed to the max so their compression rate would probably be near 10% at the most.

Different files compress differently so that would depend on the content of what you're compressing. Things like music files are already compressed to the max so their compression rate would probably be near 10% at the most.

Ooh, okay. Would the compression rate for video files (avi/mkv/ogg) be higher or lower than that? 

I'm curious, but what is the difference between Chrome and Chromium browsers? and which one is better? 

I'm curious, but what is the difference between Chrome and Chromium browsers? and which one is better? 

Really just a fancy way to show the difference between their stable browser (Chrome) and the browser with the code that they update nightly (Chromium). With Chrome, you don't get the updates and fixes that Chromium might have but it's also a hell of a lot more stable.

I have a question about routers and wi-fi in general...

I have a very messy illustration to explain my dilemma

169s0ow.png

Can I have another ethernet cable connected to my PS3 [from the router] and still have wi-fi? Or is it really possible and I just really didn't know?  :omgwtf:

I have a question about routers and wi-fi in general...

I have a very messy illustration to explain my dilemma

169s0ow.png

Can I have another ethernet cable connected to my PS3 [from the router] and still have wi-fi? Or is it really possible and I just really didn't know?  :omgwtf:

Wifi and wired cabling are separate. You could have 1000 cables connected and your wifi wouldn't be affected all that much, technically.

Of course, your overall internet browsing may slow down with that connection but that's the only issue ^_^

Wifi and wired cabling are separate. You could have 1000 cables connected and your wifi wouldn't be affected all that much, technically.

Of course, your overall internet browsing may slow down with that connection but that's the only issue ^_^

oooh thank you!

I have a bit of a problem here. Hopefully you guys can help. 

I downloaded an album but the songs are in flac format and they are huge for audio files (like 44mb for each song that lasts around 4 minutes :/ )  

Is there a way to make these smaller size and convert them to m4a? 

Thank you in advance :)   

There are enough programs which can convert FLAC to M4A.

Just try to google converting flac to m4a

It should give you plenty options :)

There are enough programs which can convert FLAC to M4A.
Just try to google converting flac to m4a
It should give you plenty options :)

I found one and finally converted them. :D I used foobar2000
But the files are still huge, is there a way to compress the audio files?

Edit: nvm, I found another way xD Edited by Totoro