Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
TaeYuSu

The Official Computer Problems/Advices Thread

NVIDIA GeForce GT 230

yes, i suggest upgrading your graphics card to play in ultra settings depending on how much you want to spend, i do recommend HD7700series for the games you play: 

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=radeon+7770&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR1.TRC0&_nkw=radeon+7750&_sacat=0

what's your CPU processor? (right click computer > properties)

• Like 2

yes, i suggest upgrading your graphics card to play in ultra settings depending on how much you want to spend, i do recommend HD7700series for the games you play: 

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=radeon+7770&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR1.TRC0&_nkw=radeon+7750&_sacat=0

what's your CPU processor? (right click computer > properties)

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU          650 @ 3,20 gHZ 3.20 gHz

How to at least decrease my laptop temperature? I've been using the cooler or fan, but it seems not really working.

I had this with my laptop aswell, i had to use a laptop cooler 24/7 or else it would just get really hot and randomly goes off.

Well you can try to open your laptop and vacuum the inside but if you don't know how to do this, im not sure if it will be smart.

I had this with my laptop aswell, i had to use a laptop cooler 24/7 or else it would just get really hot and randomly goes off.

Well you can try to open your laptop and vacuum the inside but if you don't know how to do this, im not sure if it will be smart.

I use it all the time too, nothing really happened. OTL I'm using Acer. People said that Acer easily gets hot.

I won't dare to try that. Yet.

I use it all the time too, nothing really happened. OTL I'm using Acer. People said that Acer easily gets hot.

I won't dare to try that. Yet.

Hmm all laptops get really hot if there is dust inside, which i guess there is.
Well the only solution is trying to get the inside cleaned, i just stopped using my laptop got a PC now.

Hmm all laptops get really hot if there is dust inside, which i guess there is.
Well the only solution is trying to get the inside cleaned, i just stopped using my laptop got a PC now.

Any other way to clean the dust without actually open my laptop?

Any other way to clean the dust without actually open my laptop?

Well you could try it with a Compressed Air Can / Air Duster or a vacuum cleaner. On the side where the fan is/heat is.

Don't know if this will have any effect tho.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU          650 @ 3,20 gHZ 3.20 gHz

hello, sorry for replying so late, i didn't get a notification.

Your CPU seems fine for playing videogames :-) so try upgrading your graphics card. If you don't want to do it yourself, you may hire a computer technician to install the card you purchased to avoid damaging anything but I think it is a pretty simple installation to do yourself.

What do you think? :-)

• Like 2

hello, sorry for replying so late, i didn't get a notification.

Your CPU seems fine for playing videogames :-) so try upgrading your graphics card. If you don't want to do it yourself, you may hire a computer technician to install the card you purchased to avoid damaging anything but I think it is a pretty simple installation to do yourself.

What do you think? :-)

First thanks for all your time! I really appreciate it. ^^

I'll think about wether I'm going to upgrade the videocard, or just buy a new PC.

I also have some other problems with my PC before this problem occured.

• Like 2

First thanks for all your time! I really appreciate it. ^^

I'll think about wether I'm going to upgrade the videocard, or just buy a new PC.

I also have some other problems with my PC before this problem occured.

:D you're welcome!

what other problems are you experiencing?

:D you're welcome!

what other problems are you experiencing?

oh well, where do I start.

I think it was the first day I got this PC, I got a virus warning.

It asked me to delete the file, which I did.

Since then my PC doesn't turn off when I click turn off. It first gives a warning about a missing file. I need to click "ok" on this message before the PC turns off.

It's really tiring to do this everyday, and sometimes I forget it and my PC remains on.

Then also suddenly when I played games such as counterstrike and team fortress. I can't acces server lists. I can't browse servers or anything.

So I need to get a server IP from someone over steam or skype, to manually type : "/join 570.3570.3737037"  for example.

So even if I fix videocard I still have these problems.  But obviously the biggest problem I can't game at all now. because my PC shuts down by itself.

oh well, where do I start.

I think it was the first day I got this PC, I got a virus warning.

It asked me to delete the file, which I did.

Since then my PC doesn't turn off when I click turn off. It first gives a warning about a missing file. I need to click "ok" on this message before the PC turns off.

It's really tiring to do this everyday, and sometimes I forget it and my PC remains on.

Then also suddenly when I played games such as counterstrike and team fortress. I can't acces server lists. I can't browse servers or anything.

So I need to get a server IP from someone over steam or skype, to manually type : "/join 570.3570.3737037"  for example.

So even if I fix videocard I still have these problems.  But obviously the biggest problem I can't game at all now. because my PC shuts down by itself.

The first day? That sounds very odd. Was the warning from an anti-virus software or just windows?

It sounds like you might have to do a system restore but of course back up your data first. Windows 7 or 8?

The first day? That sounds very odd. Was the warning from an anti-virus software or just windows?

It sounds like you might have to do a system restore but of course back up your data first. Windows 7 or 8?

I have windows 7 but I'm quite hopeless with computers.

I have windows 7 but I'm quite hopeless with computers.

As you've told me this extra information, I would back up all your data that you want to keep first and then go to start > type in search "System Restore" > select system restore and then it will bring you to the restore process.

The problems seem quite serious so restoring your computer back to default settings would be ideal.

Ola.

So these days Windows Live Movie maker shows a black screen whenever I try to play a video (the audio works)

I did some googling and I did the following
- Downloaded Microsoft Fix It but it said I had no problems

-Then I downloaded some program called 285.79 (Nvidia) but it said it couldn't be installed beause they couldn't detect a Graphic Video card (literally translated from Dutch if TYS is reading:

[spoiler]0jNgARt.png" />[/spoiler]

I don't know what to do and I'm clueless. So I checked this:

I checked DirectX and still no problems?

Whatever reason its not playin is probably the same reason why VINE videos don't work for me :|

Ola.

So these days Windows Live Movie maker shows a black screen whenever I try to play a video (the audio works)

I did some googling and I did the following
- Downloaded Microsoft Fix It but it said I had no problems

-Then I downloaded some program called 285.79 (Nvidia) but it said it couldn't be installed beause they couldn't detect a Graphic Video card (literally translated from Dutch if TYS is reading:

[spoiler]0jNgARt.png" />[/spoiler]

I don't know what to do and I'm clueless. So I checked this:

I checked DirectX and still no problems?

Whatever reason its not playin is probably the same reason why VINE videos don't work for me :|

Weet je welke videokaart je hebt ?

Weet je welke videokaart je hebt ?

Heb even opgezocht hoe ik 't moet vinden en is dit het?

0hPFuP5.png

Hmm probeer je videokaart is te updaten

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

Hmm zelf weet ik niet zo veel hiervan maar het kan aan codecs liggen, deed windows movie maker het al nooit?

Codec pack :

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/k_lite_codec_pack.htm

En vine werkt niet welke browser gebruik je?

Firefox, Chrome?

Al gebruik je firefox kan je flash proberen uptedaten

Chrome heeft ingebouwde flash dus als je chrome hebt kan het niet aan je flashplayer liggen.

Misschien ook de codecs wat lijkt me niet echt.

blegh typen in nederlands is drama

Hmm probeer je videokaart is te updaten

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

Hmm zelf weet ik niet zo veel hiervan maar het kan aan codecs liggen, deed windows movie maker het al nooit?

Codec pack :

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/k_lite_codec_pack.htm

En vine werkt niet welke browser gebruik je?

Firefox, Chrome?

Al gebruik je firefox kan je flash proberen uptedaten

Chrome heeft ingebouwde flash dus als je chrome hebt kan het niet aan je flashplayer liggen.

Misschien ook de codecs wat lijkt me niet echt.

blegh typen in nederlands is drama

0Cctxpr.png

... begin te twijfelen aan me laptop... Moet ik het echt terug brengen voor dit?

In het Engels dan ;)

Yeah well windows movie maker was working fine previously, but when I started using it recently the video didn't work.

Using Chrome.

Trying the codec thing but... which one am I supposed to download?

Does this happen with every video you try in WMM or only like .tp or .ts .or .mp4 or a certain extension. or maybe only by big files like 500mb + and 50mb files work perfectly?

and the basic or standard one should be good enough.

Does this happen with every video you try in WMM or only like .tp or .ts .or .mp4 or a certain extension. or maybe only by big files like 500mb + and 50mb files work perfectly?

and the basic or standard one should be good enough.

It happens with every video I try, even WMA videos.

I installed the basic one... what do I do now? 

It happens with every video I try, even WMA videos.

I installed the basic one... what do I do now? 

That should be enough.

Try updating your flash player aswell after that just reboot your pc and try again.

If it still doesnt work go to device manager and try to rightclick your videocard and update it through internet

if it all doesnt work idk tbh.

s4a should know more about this stuff

That should be enough.

Try updating your flash player aswell after that just reboot your pc and try again.

If it still doesnt work go to device manager and try to rightclick your videocard and update it through internet

if it all doesnt work idk tbh.

s4a should know more about this stuff

Thank you very much for your help, I'll try further later on this day hopefully something will work.

I appreciate your help very much thanks!