Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
TaeYuSu

The Official Computer Problems/Advices Thread

I recently had an issue with my Mac HDD. I formatted HDD but forgot to copy one important folder on my desktop :( I was at a loss. I looked through thousands of websites till I found the necessary tool on cleverfiles website. + detailed instruction.

Does anyone ever encounter sounds coming from their CPU? Something like a frying sound.

Are you certain that it's coming from the cpu? Because from what I know CPU is mainly silent and the noise would mostly be from it's fans spinning to keep the it cool. 

EDIT: Unless it's the main psu which is over using power for the cpu than it's the psu

Other than that not on my part.

Edited by Salieri

Are you certain that it's coming from the cpu? Because from what I know CPU is mainly silent and the noise would mostly be from it's fans spinning to keep the it cool. 

EDIT: Unless it's the main psu which is over using power for the cpu than it's the psu

Other than that not on my part.

If it's the fan, what do I need to do?

What's the cpu and are you using stock fans? What are your temps on your cpu (recommenced using real temp to check it)  and how what do you normally do with the computer? Also is this laptop or desktop? If laptop you might need to take it to the manufacture, 

Edited by Salieri

I will assume this is a desktop, if it's a laptop then you will just need to bring it in for repair

First of all make sure the fan isn't hitting anything inside your case this should be pretty obvious.

Now assuming it's not and assuming it's your cpu fan it depends on whether it happens whenever you boot up your pc or only under load when running heavier programs like games.

If it is the former replace the fan as it probably has gone bad, make sure the replacement fan fits on your heatsink and provides adequate cooling though, alternatively you could replace the heatsink as well and get an entirely new cpu cooler, that might be better but will require more work.

If it is the latter, then I will ask you if your pc is particularly dusty by any chance?, if so get a can of compressed air and clean out your pc, do not use a vacuum cleaner or hair dryer as that can damage your pc.

If this doesn't work just replace the fan, it's quite possible that the dust damaged the ball bearings in the fan.

If it's not your cpu fan but a case fan just replace it, if it's the fan on something else like a graphics card or your power supply then you are probably out of luck unless you are very sure about what you are doing.

• Like 1

I will assume this is a desktop, if it's a laptop then you will just need to bring it in for repair

First of all make sure the fan isn't hitting anything inside your case this should be pretty obvious.

Now assuming it's not and assuming it's your cpu fan it depends on whether it happens whenever you boot up your pc or only under load when running heavier programs like games.

If it is the former replace the fan as it probably has gone bad, make sure the replacement fan fits on your heatsink and provides adequate cooling though, alternatively you could replace the heatsink as well and get an entirely new cpu cooler, that might be better but will require more work.

If it is the latter, then I will ask you if your pc is particularly dusty by any chance?, if so get a can of compressed air and clean out your pc, do not use a vacuum cleaner or hair dryer as that can damage your pc.

If this doesn't work just replace the fan, it's quite possible that the dust damaged the ball bearings in the fan.

If it's not your cpu fan but a case fan just replace it, if it's the fan on something else like a graphics card or your power supply then you are probably out of luck unless you are very sure about what you are doing.

Thanks for the suggestions. It's a desktop.

^^Hi quick question. Are you suffering any performance issue with the machine? Excessive freezing, crashing, overly high temp's, etc

Hi, could someone help me please?

I put my headphones on today and I noticed something diffrent

The right channel plays on both sides

The left channel is mixed together with the right channel in the left cup

Any ideia of why it's happening? Should I open it and look if something is messed up?

to anyone who has an ASUS Zenbook, is it ideal for Photoshop or any image editing program use? My previous laptop died and I think it's time I get a new laptop that's more lightweight and less bulky (Toshiba laptops are such a hassle to carry around). I just want a laptop where I can do work + occasionally do art on.

to anyone who has an ASUS Zenbook, is it ideal for Photoshop or any image editing program use? My previous laptop died and I think it's time I get a new laptop that's more lightweight and less bulky (Toshiba laptops are such a hassle to carry around). I just want a laptop where I can do work + occasionally do art on.

I think it should handle photoshop image editing and even some light video editing as long as it has something like an i5 processor. I really don't know t specs of zenbooks but just try to get an i5 and you should be fine (if it comes with an SSD it would be even better).

Check if you're having to go through a proxy. Our school's wifi has a proxy barrier and you have to go through IE to say you accept the terms and conditions of the wifi.

Otherwise, delete any weird looking programs with fire. Although I may be too late. 

use vpn

I utilized that framework recuperation thing, my framework has returned to the state it was the point at which I gotten it, before that I duplicated my documents to compact discs, everything appeared to be fine. I have the majority of the sounds (GBWhatsapp For Themes)I duplicated however the school envelope got lost, I had everything from the majority of my current and past courses, it's a genuine annoyance to free it.

I want to ask, if my computer got affected by shutdown virus. Can all the data be back up if I want to format my computer to remove the viruses.

I want to ask, if my computer got affected by shutdown virus. Can all the data be back up if I want to format my computer to remove the viruses.

yes, use some 3rd party rescue agent. Get an empty USB stick, format and install the iso u want, then boot from it.

Keyword: 3rd party rescue agent, hiren boot cd, winpe, iso,uefi/bios, boot.

I use Acronis personally. There are plenty to choose from, see what suits u best