Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
TaeYuSu

The Official Computer Problems/Advices Thread

Please use this topic to ask any computer related questions, or if you have any issues/problems with your computer then this is the place for you.

This thread is also for other technical devices like ipods, tablets, monitors etc etc.

image.jpg

People who can help you :

TaeYuSu

s4a

nomnompuffs

• Like 1

I can help too...please add my name to the list on top there in the first post, I promise I'm rlly helpful, no lie

gooby pls

I have the first computer problem, awesome xD

So I sent my laptop to get fixed and they replaced my Hard Drive so now I have to install everything again. I ordered the CDs from HP and tried to install it but Recovery Manager gets stuck at 30% and a message pops up saying Copy File Failed.

I have the first computer problem, awesome xD

So I sent my laptop to get fixed and they replaced my Hard Drive so now I have to install everything again. I ordered the CDs from HP and tried to install it but Recovery Manager gets stuck at 30% and a message pops up saying Copy File Failed.

Is the CD scratched at all? You will probably have to contact HP support for that as it could simply be an issue with their CDs

I used that system recovery thing, my system is back to the state it was when I bought it, before that I copied my files to cds, everything seemed to be fine. I have all of the audios I copied but the school folder got lost, I had everything from all of my current and past courses, it's a pain in the ass to loose it.

I know there's not way for me to find these files on the cds, I am sure I burned that folder correctly. So, my question is...any way to get back the files I once had on my hard disk? Sounds kinda magic to me but yeah, maybe magic exists.

I used that system recovery thing, my system is back to the state it was when I bought it, before that I copied my files to cds, everything seemed to be fine. I have all of the audios I copied but the school folder got lost, I had everything from all of my current and past courses, it's a pain in the ass to loose it.

I know there's not way for me to find these files on the cds, I am sure I burned that folder correctly. So, my question is...any way to get back the files I once had on my hard disk? Sounds kinda magic to me but yeah, maybe magic exists.

There are some recovery programms arround. I would recommended Recuva. Just let it run and scan your harddisk and see what it finds you can check/uncheck what you want to recover. But don't expect too much. And it will probably be a huge mess.

There are some recovery programms arround. I would recommended Recuva. Just let it run and scan your harddisk and see what it finds you can check/uncheck what you want to recover. But don't expect too much. And it will probably be a huge mess.

I was able to recover 3/4 of the files, that's a lot. Thank you Jordy!

TaeYuSu Oppa what is the best virus protection since I know you will answer me while the rest of the tech mods act like stuck up assholes.

Are you going for a free or paid one?

Either paid

Paid :

I got ESET myself and it's perfectly doing it's job.

Kaspersky is really good aswell. Same goes for Bitdefender.

Never pick Norton it only comes with alot of crap which is really hard to get deleted from your PC. And Norton only annoys the shit out of you blocking everything.

Free :

Either pick Avast or Avira.

AVG isn't that good anymore nowadays.

There is also a microsoft virus scanner, Microsoft Security Essentials, but that isn't that good aswell.

So if you choose paid i would either go for Kaspersky or Bitdefender.

And if you choose a free version go for Avast or Avira.

And those free versions also have paid versions so if you pick them and want them to be more advanced you can always pay to upgrade them later to a full/better version.

Paid :

I got ESET myself and it's perfectly doing it's job.

Kaspersky is really good aswell. Same goes for Bitdefender.

Never pick Norton it only comes with alot of crap which is really hard to get deleted from your PC. And Norton only annoys the shit out of you blocking everything.

Free :

Either pick Avast or Avira.

AVG isn't that good anymore nowadays.

There is also a microsoft virus scanner, Microsoft Security Essentials, but that isn't that good aswell.

So if you choose paid i would either go for Kaspersky or Bitdefender.

And if you choose a free version go for Avast or Avira.

And those free versions also have paid versions so if you pick them and want them to be more advanced you can always pay to upgrade them later to a full/better version.

Thank You

Jordy oppa, what made you a tech genius. Tell me your secret.

I am not a tech genius (yet). I'm still at school learning to become a software developer. So yeah im quite interested in learning all those tech stuff. Plus i like to play with the settings or just go on a trip within my computer or build a pc myself.

TaeYuSu Oppa what is the best virus protection since I know you will answer me while the rest of the tech mods act like stuck up assholes.

Microsoft Security Essentials is free and is better than 99.999999% of the software out there. Kasperky is good too I hear.

Unless you're terrible at using the web, you won't notice the differences between any virus protection software. Use a browser like Chrome, don't go to malicious websites, avoid opening emails that you don't know the sender, avoid downloading .exe files unless it's from a trusted source, etc. 

Can one of you geniuses help me im not a computer wiz at all

my laptop has been severely slow and downloading is a pain in my ass

i also get continuous network errors how can i fix this so my laptop will run smoothly again. i've done almost all i know how to do like deleting unnecessary files and stuff thanks xoxo

I need help..

my computer crashes when I play videogames. :sad:

I need help..

my computer crashes when I play videogames. :sad:

has it always been like that? or did it just occur recently?

has it always been like that? or did it just occur recently?

I'm quite sure it's an overheating problem but may also be my videocard.

temperature goes up very high, I could fight the problem by playing with very low graphics.. but that's not enjoyable for me.

If I would just play my pc would turn to black screen, not reacting to anything.

I'm quite sure it's an overheating problem but may also be my videocard.

temperature goes up very high, I could fight the problem by playing with very low graphics.. but that's not enjoyable for me.

If I would just play my pc would turn to black screen, not reacting to anything.

i suggest upgrading your graphics card, what card do you have and what kind of games do you play?

You need a card that has a good cooling fan :-) For cheaper options, I recommend Radeon HD7700 series but it depends what kind of games you play.

• Like 2

i suggest upgrading your graphics card, what card do you have and what kind of games do you play?

You need a card that has a good cooling fan :-)

I'm not sure what videocard I have..... where can I see this :/

I played Starcraft/Counterstrike/Tennis Elbow/ World of Warcraft

I'm not sure what videocard I have..... where can I see this :/

I played Starcraft/Counterstrike/Tennis Elbow/ World of Warcraft

If you go to start > right click on computer > manage > device manager > click on display adapters, you'll see what graphics card you have.

• Like 2

If you go to start > right click on computer > manage > device manager > click on display adapters, you'll see what graphics card you have.

NVIDIA GeForce GT 230