Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nadiaj0y

So, is Nakajima Yuto the Johnny's Golden Boy?

I'm not really sure about his popularity in Japan but do you think Yuto Nakajima is the current Johnny's golden boy? I mean, he seems quite popular and he's like everywhere because of pink & gray movie(i'm not sure). He's also really handsome (like really handsome..one of the best looking johnny's ..around Nasage Tomoya's level tbh) and his aura is great too. 

tumblr_o1iqrrqwqf1qditnlo1_540.jpg

12107896_895946820479848_72728962764573812669693_1344970768853760_10253601954414

nope, not yet ... he's on his way but it'll all depend on his next projects :  if the jimusho can get him a lead role in successful prime time drama or take the movie star route with good roles in really interesting movies ( while working with respected seniors and directors )

and if Julie puts a little bit more of effort on him ( or at least a portion of what they do for Yamada ) 

Nah, i think there's a reason why Johnny switched the center role in HSJ from him to Yamada back then.

Altho i don't mind his current position, he still get exposures from his acting, people love Washio-kun (his chara in Date) and gush over his looks saying he has an actor face rather an idol (i'm thinking it's a compliment lol) etc. I hope he can follow his seniors' step like Okada, Toma and Ryo who are versatile and can play various characters rather than the goofy silly character like some of his dramas before.

Oh wow he grew up a lot. lol~

I haven't been keeping track of jpop in forever. I think the last time I saw him was the first time I looked up HSJ because I loved Yamada Ryosuke in Tantei Gakuen Q and found Mayonaka no Shadow Boy; he was just lanky in there xD

Nah, i think there's a reason why Johnny switched the center role in HSJ from him to Yamada back then.

Altho i don't mind his current position, he still get exposures from his acting, people love Washio-kun (his chara in Date) and gush over his looks saying he has an actor face rather an idol (i'm thinking it's a compliment lol) etc. I hope he can follow his seniors' step like Okada, Toma and Ryo who are versatile and can play various characters rather than the goofy silly character like some of his dramas before.

yamada becamse center because he is good in fanservice plus his height, it is a big factor that average height took center, you can see that Okada was the most popular V6 member but he is not the center.

I would say that Yuto is more an actor than an idol and Yamada was more an idol than an actor

he had a new movie again forgot the title tho

nope, not yet ... he's on his way but it'll all depend on his next projects :  if the jimusho can get him a lead role in successful prime time drama or take the movie star route with good roles in really interesting movies ( while working with respected seniors and directors )

and if Julie puts a little bit more of effort on him ( or at least a portion of what they do for Yamada ) 

this!

I agree. I heard he's going to be the lead role of a romantic movie which is next year spring which is quite a huge step for him. He always does dorky/comedic/overacting roles but this time it's romantic and probably realistic(?). Looking forward for the movie!

Oh wow he grew up a lot. lol~

I haven't been keeping track of jpop in forever. I think the last time I saw him was the first time I looked up HSJ because I loved Yamada Ryosuke in Tantei Gakuen Q and found Mayonaka no Shadow Boy; he was just lanky in there xD

Haha, yeah. He was always been good-looking but he's really handsome..he has manly features compared to most of other male idols nowadays

yamada becamse center because he is good in fanservice plus his height, it is a big factor that average height took center, you can see that Okada was the most popular V6 member but he is not the center.

I would say that Yuto is more an actor than an idol and Yamada was more an idol than an actor

That's true. That image for both of them is quite strong. Everytime I think of Yuto, I think of himself as a person or an actor..but if I think of Yamada, I think of HSJ.

I think Johnny switched Yuto up because Yuto did go through an 'awkward' face when he was in puberty. Like he was lanky and i dunno, awkward-looking. Puberty wasn't kind to him but it paid off. Look at that face now.

Yep, Bokura no Gohan wa Ashita de Matteru, i'm excited for the movie!

And yeah i agree, i think people know Yuto more as an actor rather than an idol now, they refer to him as Washio-kun on music shows lol

I think Johnny switched Yuto up because Yuto did go through an 'awkward' face when he was in puberty. Like he was lanky and i dunno, awkward-looking. Puberty wasn't kind to him but it paid off. Look at that face now.

Yeah you're right he was awkward looking esp in high school lol, and he's still a huge dork even now but i guess it turned out to be one of his charm

Yep, Bokura no Gohan wa Ashita de Matteru, i'm excited for the movie!

And yeah i agree, i think people know Yuto more as an actor rather than an idol now, they refer to him as Washio-kun on music shows lol

Yeah you're right he was awkward looking esp in high school lol, and he's still a huge dork even now but i guess it turned out to be one of his charm

The whole putting him in the back worked wonders too. I signed out of Johnnies when RyoPi left (they were more my era, I still see HSJ as babies! lol) then I saw him in Hanzawa Naoki and Date and I was like woah that guy looks like Yuto if he were handsome alas it was Yuto lol

The whole putting him in the back worked wonders too. I signed out of Johnnies when RyoPi left (they were more my era, I still see HSJ as babies! lol) then I saw him in Hanzawa Naoki and Date and I was like woah that guy looks like Yuto if he were handsome alas it was Yuto lol

Omg same, i was a 6nin KAT-TUN fan and saw Yuto as Kame's little brother in Nobuta, checked out of the fandom when Jin left to stumble back in mid 2011 in HSJ fandom and Yuto stood out the most (mostly because of his height lol) for me when i saw those kids again, sometimes i still find it hard to believe that he's an ikemen now

Omg same, i was a 6nin KAT-TUN fan and saw Yuto as Kame's little brother in Nobuta, checked out of the fandom when Jin left to stumble back in mid 2011 in HSJ fandom and Yuto stood out the most (mostly because of his height lol) for me when i saw those kids again, sometimes i still find it hard to believe that he's an ikemen now

His type of ikemen is the type marketable outside Japan as well. Also I think we'll begin to see a shift in tide in the near future with Yuto becoming more marketable than Yamada. He just needs the right project and he'll blow up.

His type of ikemen is the type marketable outside Japan as well. Also I think we'll begin to see a shift in tide in the near future with Yuto becoming more marketable than Yamada. He just needs the right project and he'll blow up.

I agree, i think he has better chance, for example he's been able to play adult roles in his movie/dramas and not stuck playing as a high school students like his groupmates, let's see how Julie will manage him

He's the best looking member in johnny's. Yuto is perfect. He's got the height and looks. Something that other hsj members lacks.

I have to admit Nakajima Yuto has the height and face.

He was so effingly cute during pre-debut. 

Before Pink to Gray, I felt like he lacks manliness. He's a fine man, but his aura doesn't look that tough compared to his peers. 

On the other note, I think Nakajima Kento has a huge potential of becoming Johnny's golden boy. But let see if his height will drag him to have the same fate as Yamada Ryosuke.. 

Before Pink to Gray, I felt like he lacks manliness. He's a fine man, but his aura doesn't look that tough compared to his peers. 

On the other note, I think Nakajima Kento has a huge potential of becoming Johnny's golden boy. But let see if his height will drag him to have the same fate as Yamada Ryosuke.. 

it is not alla about manliness, sometimes it is on appeal.... well kento is 100x weaker than Yama-chan

I actually think Yuto can act manly if he needs to.

But it seems like being dorky is inherent to him lol. I think it adds to his appeal - the super ikemen guy with the dorky personality. He would be intimidating if he was good looking and aloof like Yamapi. I feel it gives him a sense of accessibility.

it is not alla about manliness, sometimes it is on appeal.... well kento is 100x weaker than Yama-chan

Maybe.. But I find all Johnny's golden boys are all in manly side. I laughed at at Kento 100x weaker than Yama-chan. ^^

I actually think Yuto can act manly if he needs to.

But it seems like being dorky is inherent to him lol. I think it adds to his appeal - the super ikemen guy with the dorky personality. He would be intimidating if he was good looking and aloof like Yamapi. I feel it gives him a sense of accessibility.

I haven't seen it yet. He's so squishy and cute even in interviews. 

Maybe he's not there yet. I need to see him in variety acting field like Kamiki to prove I'm wrong.

Yuto has the potential. It's quite hard to say it now because back then I was so sure Yamada would be the future Johnny's golden boy. But now, I find Yuto is closer to the title than he does.

Btw, isn't Yuta Tamamori Johnny's golden boy? He debuted later than Yuto but seems to fit the title more.. Or is it still too early to say that?

Maybe.. But I find all Johnny's golden boys are all in manly side. I laughed at at Kento 100x weaker than Yama-chan. ^^

I haven't seen it yet. He's so squishy and cute even in interviews. 

Maybe he's not there yet. I need to see him in variety acting field like Kamiki to prove I'm wrong.

Yuto has the potential. It's quite hard to say it now because back then I was so sure Yamada would be the future Johnny's golden boy. But now, I find Yuto is closer to the title than he does.

Btw, isn't Yuta Tamamori Johnny's golden boy? He debuted later than Yuto but seems to fit the title more.. Or is it still too early to say that?

sure thing, I am not a Yama-chan fan but compare to Kento, he is better; Kento acting is exaggerate and his performance is forceful fan service that make it very annoying 

sure thing, I am not a Yama-chan fan but compare to Kento, he is better; Kento acting is exaggerate and his performance is forceful fan service that make it very annoying 

I have to agree with Kento's acting. Yamada is far ahead. Actually, I can't find one person good in acting in SexyZone. But I have no complain because most Johnnys are not good actors in the beginning of their career. I was wrong on predicting Yamada to be Johnnys golden boy. I might be wrong again for predicting Kento.

After I checked on their debut year, I think I shouldn't mention Kento. My mistake. Yuta Tamamori debuted on the same year as he.

My opinion now is whether Yuta Tamamori or Yuto Nakajima is Johnnys golden boy.

I have to agree with Kento's acting. Yamada is far ahead. Actually, I can't find one person good in acting in SexyZone. But I have no complain because most Johnnys are not good actors in the beginning of their career. I was wrong on predicting Yamada to be Johnnys golden boy. I might be wrong again for predicting Kento.

After I checked on their debut year, I think I shouldn't mention Kento. My mistake. Yuta Tamamori debuted on the same year as he.

My opinion now is whether Yuta Tamamori or Yuto Nakajima is Johnnys golden boy.

oh yeah tamamori yuta.. I still remmember him from ikemen dese very good actor

I really wish he is.

like, I won't waste a good looking young man like him. I mean, look at his face. I think he is most marketable in Jump.

Yamada and Chinen are good looking too but they stuck with the "kids" image.

Yuto doesn't need to be the center of HSJ (cuz he's too tall lbr), but I hope he will get more dramas and more public recognition.