Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

愛��る

"We've become a generation of lost, confused and angry people"

[i love Lauren Southern]

LAUREN SOUTHERNREBEL COMMENTATOR

I've always found it sad that we spend most of our times in universities deconstructing and destroying culture and tradition instead of creating any.

This is the problem with post-modernism, and deconstruction of older values. We’ve deconstructed religion, race, gender roles, tradition, the nuclear family -- and much more.

What have we left ourselves with? A generation of lost and confused individuals with no identity.

One look at the profile of a teenager on Tumblr is a testament to the confusion that has taken a hold of my generation. People's gender, sexuality and even species are changing on the weekly.

To be fair, no one wants to be held down by societal constraints. No one wants to be forced to have a certain religion, two and a half kids, a white picket fence and a dog named Spot. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, it’s just not a life that’s going to suit everyone.

But instead of just being open to other ideas than this nuclear family and traditional lifestyle, what postmodernism has wrought is the deconstruction and rejection of all old ideas, most of which still hold a lot of value.

There were bad aspects of more traditional conservatism; no one can deny it had its own age of censorship and bullying tactics.

But instead of just throwing away the bad we threw away the whole basket the good along with it.

Radical feminists are calling for the destruction of the nuclear family. I'm having friends denied from University art programs because their art is too realistic and not abstract enough. Ideas of patriotism, identity and religious values are spat on by the institution. 

I believe our acceptance of new ideas and different people is a positive thing, but our intense rejection of all the ideas of tradition and past values has made us a lost, angry and confused generation.

Her and Milo are hilarious together, their trolling gives me life lol~

I definitely don't agree with everything they have to say, but I appreciate they have the balls to say it tbh~

Her and Milo are hilarious together, their trolling gives me life lol~

I definitely don't agree with everything they have to say, but I appreciate they have the balls to say it tbh~

Milo as in the "dangerous F-word"?

I love when somebody has the delusion of grandeur to speak for the whole generation. Why not proclaim yourself the Immortal Emperor when you're at it?

lol she is so transparent.

A provocateur is a nice way to put it..

I love when somebody has the delusion of grandeur to speak for the whole generation. Why not proclaim yourself the Immortal Emperor when you're at it?

By now she prob already did. lol

Am I too old? Because where are these no shaving feminists that I keep hearing about besides on tumblr?

Seriously, ppl need to get off tumblr, their irritating me with their nagging about ppl on tumblr.

But instead of just throwing away the bad we threw away the whole basket the good along with it.

I may not agree with everything that has been said but the above statement, I agree with 100%