Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

C-Pop Featured Artist Of The Week (Oct. 21-27th) - R.Chord

AOTW R.Chord

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Hemlock

Hemlock

Xia♥Lock

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,248 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:47 PM

C-Pop Featured Artist Of The Week

Want to get into C-Pop but don't know where to start? This is something new to go along with the C-Pop Lyrics Translation Request Project started by your friendly neighborhood mods and some kind volunteers. The purpose of this thread will be to feature a new artist every week to show what C-Pop has to offer. I will make an effort to showcase different genres and shine the spotlight on those i feel are deserving. 

October 21-27th – R.Chord

tumblr_m9gqdfZTzT1qcktaio1_500.jpg

謝和弦 Hsieh He-hsian (Xie He Xian) or also known as A-chord, a Chord Hsieh, or R.Chord, is a Taiwanese singer-songwriter born on April 15, 1987 in Nantou, Taiwan. R.Chord started to play the guitar from a very young age due to the influences of his grandfather whom he looked up to as a role model. He started to write and compose songs, and by age 16, R.Chord had composed around 50-60 songs and clinched first place in a songwriting competition, winning a record label contract with HIM International Music. He turned down the prize and instead played underground music with his band.

Featured Songs
*song titles will be provided in simplified and traditional chinese and english*

寂寞疯了/寂寞瘋了(Gone Crazy from Loneliness)

关于/關於 (About)

柳树下/柳樹下 ft. Lala Hsu (Beneath the Willow Tree)

台北台北 (Taipei Taipei) [Lyrics]*

Other Recommended Songs

Recommended Album

6XmiH5y.jpg

Growing Up / 于是长大了以后

__

~Please check out the song lyrics provided by the C-Pop Lyric Translation Team~

For the songs that have lyrics i have posted the link next to the song title. For the Lyric Master Thread go here.

If you have artist suggestions/requests please pm me or post it in the c-turd...

#2 Irrelephant

Irrelephant

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,970 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:00 PM

The first song is nice

#3 Tee

Tee

#OHlluminati

• Hall OH Fame
  • 24,288 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:06 PM

Yeah, 寂寞瘋了 is a jam. I've played it 40 times.

#4 King of Spades

King of Spades

Smelly Overlord ♞

• Hall OH Fame
  • 2,083 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:12 PM

Currently I am addicted to Taipei Taipei ~~ 

It's kind of sad really. I believe for the recent year R.Chord has been doing drugs and has displayed signs of mental health problems  :horror:

#5 Hemlock

Hemlock

Xia♥Lock

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,248 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:30 PM

The first song is nice

Yeah, 寂寞瘋了 is a jam. I've played it 40 times.

My jam! I put it first on purpose. 

It's kind of sad really. I believe for the recent year R.Chord has been doing drugs and has displayed signs of mental health problems  :horror:

yea i wanted to make sure to feature that one too. Even before you translated it and i didn't know the lyrics, i felt the emotions and the pain and loved the song. Looks like he was shivering about to burst into tears at the very end too.

#6 Lightning

Lightning

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

It's kind of sad really. I believe for the recent year R.Chord has been doing drugs and has displayed signs of mental health problems :horror:

I thought he was past those issues when he started releasing new music again? I dont think it was mental health problems anyway, he took drugs and got caught then it sounded more like something they said when there was talk abut getting the police involved to me.

#7 Hemlock

Hemlock

Xia♥Lock

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,248 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:21 PM (Edited by Hemlock, 21 October 2013 - 08:22 PM.)

I thought he was past those issues when he started releasing new music again? I dont think it was mental health problems anyway, he took drugs and got caught then it sounded more like something they said when there was talk abut getting the police involved to me.

yea some of those songs are from this year, two i think. The mental health thing was because he was posting really weird/angry stuff, which could have been because of the drugs. That's what i read at least. I also read that his dad said that he was depressed but denied the drug allegations, but that could be just a parent being in denial, who knows...

#8 Lightning

Lightning

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:01 AM

yea some of those songs are from this year, two i think. The mental health thing was because he was posting really weird/angry stuff, which could have been because of the drugs. That's what i read at least. I also read that his dad said that he was depressed but denied the drug allegations, but that could be just a parent being in denial, who knows...

Yeah I only read this story http://entertainment...eged-drug-abuse

"The singer had confessed that he composed his hit song ‘Yu Shi Zhang Da Le Yi Hou’ under the influence of marijuana. The singer, who made his showbiz debut in 2004, was reportedly too stressed after failing to win an award at the Golden Melody Awards.

He also claimed that actor Andy Chen had slept with his ex-girlfriend in high school. Another bizarre behaviour was when he insulted veteran singer-composer Liu Jia Chang in August this year."

Then it talks about him saying he went through depression so I guess that was behind it. Anyway, if hes releasing music and has moved on then I guess its all good.

Personally I find some of his music hit and miss, but he's definitely talented.

#9 darkishreality

darkishreality

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:34 AM

I saw him acting in the x-family once 

I had only listened to this ost that was sung by him so yeah

#10 Hemlock

Hemlock

Xia♥Lock

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,248 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:16 PM

i forgot about this song

dam me for forgetting to label the bookmark with his english name...

Up, Up and Away!